Photo
- - - - -

Please let me decide myself when to end my mission!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Dunringill

Dunringill

Posted 06 November 2009 - 22:59

Hi!

I'm a big fan of ROF especially since 1.08 :D

I'm also an offliner, don't really care for online flying, don't have the time among other things.

But one thing really bugs me when I fly offline missions in ROF. I don't get to decide myself when to end the missions. If the mission fails, I'd still like to be able to return to base and land and exit myself, not have the mission end abruptly, telling me I failed. And if I succeed I'd like to land and watch the action over the front (if there's any).

Perhaps an option could be added that toogles user controlled mission ending or game controlled mission ending?

#2 borntoolate

borntoolate

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:24

I agree wholeheartedly!

I would also like to see more enemy flights on patrol; and have enemy aircraft at least spawn earlier and despawn later, if not (as I would prefer)actually takeoff and return to their own airfields.
It would be nice to stealthily follow the enemy home, and catch aircraft taking off or landing.

"We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight." Wilfrid May

#3 Voidhunger

Voidhunger

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:33

+1

#4 Oldsimmer

Oldsimmer

Posted 07 November 2009 - 14:08

Yes let me decide when to end mission PLEASE.

#5 O_Rod

O_Rod
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:51

I'm 100% behind this one too.
Cheers
Rod

Vitae elit Brevior

#6 BarmyFailure

BarmyFailure

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:45

I agree. It would be nice.

#7 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 18 November 2009 - 12:08

I am never told whether the mission fails or succeeds until after I have returned to the aerodrome, landed, and exited.

I suspect this has something to do with which boxes you have checked before you begin the mission. The only ones I have checked are short-distance to target, friendly/enemy icons, and autopilot.

#8 Dumbo

Dumbo

Posted 19 November 2009 - 05:28

I am never told whether the mission fails or succeeds until after I have returned to the aerodrome, landed, and exited.

I suspect this has something to do with which boxes you have checked before you begin the mission. The only ones I have checked are short-distance to target, friendly/enemy icons, and autopilot.

We're talking about the "Scenario" missions here, gavagai, not the Campaign.

For example, try flying the N28 "Scramble" scenario. If you fail to shoot down the two Albs within four minutes like the pilots supposedly did in real life, the mission simply fades to black and you're done.

No fun in that!

I'm with the rest of the group on this one. ALLOW US TO KEEP FLYING AND END THE MISSION AS WE SEE FIT! If nothing else, I'm sure a lot of us could use practice on finding our way back home and landing successfully! :D
Dumbo
  :icon_e_smile:

Intel Core i7-6700 processor 3.4 Ghz
Asus Strix GeForce GTX960 4GB graphics card
Kingston 240GB SSD hard drive
Gigabyte Z170X GAMING 3 mobo
Cougar RS 650 watt power supply
Kingston 8GB PC4-2133 desktop RAM
Windows 10 Premium 64 OEI
24" Dell LCD monitor
CH Fighterstick/ProPedals
TrackIR 5-Pro

#9 Swallow

Swallow

Posted 19 November 2009 - 19:28

I'll add my voice to this.

Even after I die (as usual…), I often would like to see if my AI opponents are eventually forced down. Did I damage their engines enough to make my "ultimate sacrifice" worth it? Etc.

So yes please! Let the user end the mission!

#10 vonKinderei

vonKinderei

Posted 20 November 2009 - 14:21

Add me to this list as well …

vK ~

#11 Herodotus

Herodotus
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:58

I'm tired of completing all primary and a couple of secondary assigned goals, flying for a half hour back to base only to find I've failed the mission for some unknown reason. The Camel missions are notorious for this, as is the Camel Campaign.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users