Photo
- - - - -

NEXT NEW PLANE

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#41 arthursmedley

arthursmedley

Posted 27 August 2014 - 20:28

yes yes yes, this plane and an early German 2seater :)

Agree completely. :S!:

#42 Surfimp

Surfimp
  • LocationSanta Barbara, CA, USA

Posted 27 August 2014 - 22:17

Isn't the Roland an early German two seater?

Yes, but it was a "rare" plane, there were no more than 50 of them on the front during his career. Albatros/Aviatik/LVG C counted in hundreds.

I know, I know, sorry for trolling but I couldn't help myself! :)

I would love to have more early war planes for RoF.

Founding Member, SPADaholics Anonymous

#43 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 28 August 2014 - 00:51

Caudron G.IV.
Still don't know it wasn't included in RoF. Conspiracy theories anyone?

#44 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:56

Caudron G.IV.
Still don't know it wasn't included in RoF.

Time and money, as always.

#45 jeanba4

jeanba4

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:44

And things will not improve on the short term as Jason said :
Once 1.33c is out, we will then be focusing on completing our development schedule for BOS and IM. Any ROF related news after that I will let you know.
Which after all is somewhat logical.
I just hope he will continue developping planes for RoF, by for instance developping planes which are common to RoF and IM

#46 DaveSax

DaveSax

Posted 19 December 2014 - 15:32

Well, we briefly had a Sikorskiy S-16 in the latest patch……sort of. An S-16 appeared as downloadable in the aircraft list. Except the link to the download page here was broken.

You could actually set up a skirmish with an S-16 as an opponent aircraft but !!! The plane model didn't exist, you just got a pilot flying around. ;-)

This seems to have been picked up and removed from the latest patch, but perhaps 777 have an add on aircraft up their sleeves. Who can tell ????

Attached File  s16.jpg   25.75KB   108 downloads

#47 DaveSax

DaveSax

Posted 19 December 2014 - 15:33

I must say that I really don't fancy his job much. ;-)

#48 DaveSax

DaveSax

Posted 19 December 2014 - 15:42

Cracking weirdo Russian aircraft of WW1. The Anadwa VkH. Er, interesting place to put a front gun…..

"You go first."

Attached File  Anadwa_VKh-600px.png   35.44KB   104 downloads

#49 DaveSax

DaveSax

Posted 19 December 2014 - 15:45

This is a stoating site, for those who haven't discovered it…
http://www.wwiaviation.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.wwiaviation.com/index.html

The amount of Russian Civil War aircraft which are there leads me to nearly weep blood that we'll probably never see a Civil War add on for RoF.

#50 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 19 December 2014 - 16:12

Well, we briefly had a Sikorskiy S-16 in the latest patch

There is still a s16.txt in luascripts/worldobjects.

515024ActionjoeScreen.jpg

#51 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 19 December 2014 - 16:19

I suppose the next will be the S-XVI,as seen briefly at the store. (?)

I guess a Civil War campaign is getting possible now that we have na Eastern Front map,as we already have some of the planes the soviets and whites used.

#52 Branwell

Branwell

Posted 19 December 2014 - 16:52

Hope we get an S-16 - really strange lines and I like the double pram-wheel undercarriage too! :)

#53 FliegerEins

FliegerEins

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:26

All the proposed new planes are great ideas!

#54 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 06 January 2015 - 02:32

Well, the next Central plane I would like to see in game is the Albatross C.III. I would love to see the Sikorsky S-XVI be the next Russian plane. The next French plane I would like to see is a Coudron G. VI. The next British plane I would like to see is a BE2c. I would also like the team to consider a early version of the Dh2.

:S!: MJ

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#55 ZachariasX

ZachariasX

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:57

Well, the next Central plane I would like to see in game is the Albatross C.III. I would love to see the Sikorsky S-XVI be the next Russian plane. The next French plane I would like to see is a Coudron G. VI. The next British plane I would like to see is a BE2c. I would also like the team to consider a early version of the Dh2.

:S!: MJ

Good choice! :)

#56 Thaatu

Thaatu

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:35

I sincerely doubt that their will be a next plane in ROF and we will be damn lucky if they review the FM's. :(
:lol:

#57 Feathered_IV

Feathered_IV

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:57

#58 acushyal

acushyal

Posted 15 January 2015 - 22:35

I am new here but I would like to see more flying boats of whatever size. I can land on water more easily than land. Alanwgt

#59 FliegerEins

FliegerEins

Posted 16 January 2015 - 01:41

How about a Morane Saulnier? Both the French and the Russians had a version.

#60 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:00

As I understand (but will stand corrected!) the Russian M-S was not armed with MG's. It's pretty hard to hit another aircraft with just the hand gun, but would make for extended dogfights, that is if you can keep an EIII off your tail indefinitely.

EDIT
: Hmmm, this 'Bullet' seems to be though. I didn't know this type was flown by Russia. I should just shut up, I don't know much about the east front. :oops:

PS: I wonder if skis will show up as content mods for aircraft… :lol:

And then this config…

#61 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 16 January 2015 - 13:05

the Russian M-S was not armed with MG's.

The Morane Saulnier Type G/H, yes (except maybe this model in the second picture you've shown), but Russian pilots managed to gain a few victories by ramming, dropping explosives or anchor on ennemy planes. This Morane Saulnier was "copied" by Fokker to make what will become the Eindecker.

The Russians also received the Morane Saulnier Type N (British called it "Bullet") and will used it until 1917 (this model disappeared in Western Front in late 1915/early 1916).

#62 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 16 January 2015 - 14:10

This Morane Saulnier was "copied" by Fokker to make what will become the Eindecker.
I don't think so.
The Eindecker was based on Fokker's unarmed Fokker M.5K scout (military designation Fokker A.III)
And on the other hand the Pfalz E1 was a direct copy of the MS G, built under license.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#63 Thaatu

Thaatu

Posted 16 January 2015 - 14:19

The Morane-Saulnier N in the Eastern Front is frequently designated as Type I (capital i). Apparently an engine upgrade. I don't know if it's the same designation as in the west.

Apparently Fokker M.5 was based on Morane-Saulnier H and the Eindecker was based on Fokker M.5. The connection wasn't straight from M-S to Fokker E-type, but almost.

#64 Capitanstratos

Capitanstratos

Posted 16 January 2015 - 14:30

I will love a BE2, this one over all the others.

#65 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 16 January 2015 - 14:46

The Morane-Saulnier N in the Eastern Front is frequently designated as Type I (capital i). Apparently an engine upgrade. I don't know if it's the same designation as in the west.

There was also a Type AC, but it only saw (brief) service on the Western Front.

Apparently Fokker M.5 was based on Morane-Saulnier H and the Eindecker was based on Fokker M.5. The connection wasn't straight from M-S to Fokker E-type, but almost.

Yes, that is why I put the copied between guillemets, plus Fokker also prefered a steel-tube structure instead of the wood of the Morane Saulnier.

#66 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 16 January 2015 - 15:04

I know that all the data says that the Fokker was based on the MS, but is not possible that both air craft where being developed at the same time. After all some said that H.Ford copied the Cadillac when fact he designed it.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#67 Agent86

Agent86
  • LocationNorth Woods

Posted 16 January 2015 - 17:59

I sincerely doubt that their will be a next plane in ROF and we will be damn lucky if they review the FM's. :(
NEVER SAY DIE ! :lol: :S!:

Sorry About That                                                           

#68 Dressedwings

Dressedwings
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 16 January 2015 - 18:13

My Dollar is on the S16

My hope is a Caudron or F40 though

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#69 Thaatu

Thaatu

Posted 16 January 2015 - 19:14

I know that all the data says that the Fokker was based on the MS, but is not possible that both air craft where being developed at the same time. After all some said that H.Ford copied the Cadillac when fact he designed it.
The word "copy" has a bad rap. Copying is how technology and science advances. "Improving the design" is a better phrase. 8-)

I want something that barely flies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users