Photo
- - - - -

Guys, this is ridiculous

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GazzaV.Gazza

GazzaV.Gazza

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:18

I flew Il-2 online for years. I could connect to most servers easily from my location here in Australia with my current connection speed.

But now, because I have to be connected to servers both in Russia and the server I want to fly online, I can't fly at all despite the fact that the guys I want to fly with are a relative stone's throw away.

Surely this is not how it was meant to be.

#2 taleks2

taleks2

Posted 06 November 2009 - 09:39

But now, because I have to be connected to servers both in Russia
which server do you mean? Master servers are not situated in Russia.

#3 Mormac

Mormac

Posted 06 November 2009 - 20:21

Can you play it on HyperLobby.

#4 Bleddyn

Bleddyn

Posted 06 November 2009 - 21:20

Can you play it on HyperLobby.

No, ROF cannot be played on HL.

#5 GazzaV.Gazza

GazzaV.Gazza

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:33

Obviously something is amiss. If it is more difficult to hook up with a server in Australia (I live in Australia, remember) than it is for me to hook up with a server in Europe or the US, than something is definitely wrong.

I've just upgraded my connection speed, making it five times faster than my previous speed. My connections still show as poor or no connection at all.

So, what's the deal? Tell me exactly where I'm hooked up to when I start the game…where is that server? And what is the path between me and another server in Australia?

I know one thing for certain. I won't be buying any new planes soon. I'm patient and know things are being worked on. So I'll wait. But please let me know what I need to do and what you are doing to make certain that I'll be able to enjoy this game against humans in the future.

#6 ZaltysZ

ZaltysZ

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:51

I've just upgraded my connection speed, making it five times faster than my previous speed. My connections still show as poor or no connection at all.

Ignore what (connection speed) is shown in server list. Connect and see how it works instead. If you have good enough ping, you will play; if not, you will be disconnected quickly.

You can have fast connection, but does another end has it too? It means nothing when client has good connection, if server is connected to the poor one. All servers belong to players, so only a few of them has descent connection for hosting. Most people does not understand that this game is heavy on traffic and standard broadband connection with low upload bandwidth isn't suitable for hosting a game with more than 5-8 players.

You can't do much, unless "better" servers appears in your area or you host the game yourself (granted you have suitable connection). I had similar situation (I am in Europe, however there are not much stable and high bandwidth servers here too), so I began hosting myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users