Photo
- - - - -

HD1 AI script is copied from the N17?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:28

So far as I can tell they are identical (copy and paste?). Even the PID controllers are identical, which are supposed to be the result of fine tuning and empirical tests. Also, the obsolete structural limit from the old N17 flight model is still there. It really hampers the default N17 AI, and it has a bad effect on the HD1, too.

Attached File  hd1n17.png   52.29KB   601 downloads

I get it. You guys have deadlines and all because of BoS, but I and others would have been happy to help with the AI script. To me it is sad that both the default N17 and HD1 will have the same AI script that is left over from before the N17 FM review.

#2 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:09

Good thing you didn't buy it.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#3 Thaatu

Thaatu

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:52

How about HD.2's?

#4 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:56

Gav could you give the path to thees files,I would like to change my Alby DVa to fly like a Camel.:)

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#5 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:35

OK, put it in context for us. How different are the other AI parameter file's from these? Compare rotary to rotary, is the Pup's or Strutter's a lot different for these variables?

And please line up the rows next time. :D

#6 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:35

The HD2 also seems to have the old N17 script.

Hillbilly, these are not FM files. These are rules that the AI uses to fly the aircraft. Before you flew RoF, the N17 had a damage model where the ailerons would rip off if you looked at them wrong, so the AI script limited the Gs it could pull. After its FM was updated it no longer needed the G limiter, but the AI script was never updated.

#7 DaveSax

DaveSax

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:37

I have to laugh as I did mention "parameter files" to Brave Sir Robin and said getting a new aircraft in (apart from the modelling) was a case of taking an existing parameter file and modifying it slightly. He said it was "much more complicated".

I didn't think it'd be taken so literally, though. ;-)

#8 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:49

The HD2 also seems to have the old N17 script.

Hillbilly, these are not FM files. These are rules that the AI uses to fly the aircraft. Before you flew RoF, the N17 had a damage model where the ailerons would rip off if you looked at them wrong, so the AI script limited the Gs it could pull. After its FM was updated it no longer needed the G limiter, but the AI script was never updated.
Thanks for the explanation,but my post was a poor stab at humor ;)
And why would anyone want the Alby to fly like a Camel, I want it to fly as fast as it should :D :S!:

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#9 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:56

I have to laugh as I did mention "parameter files" to Brave Sir Robin and said getting a new aircraft in (apart from the modelling) was a case of taking an existing parameter file and modifying it slightly. He said it was "much more complicated".

I didn't think it'd be taken so literally, though. ;-)

The file gav is talking about has nothing to do with the flight model. It's used for the AI.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#10 DaveSax

DaveSax

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:59

Hi Robin, nice to see you back. Yes, I know. But it does show a lot of copy and paste development.

Incidentally, just sent you a PM.

Cheers
Dave

#11 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:41

OK, put it in context for us. How different are the other AI parameter file's from these? Compare rotary to rotary, is the Pup's or Strutter's a lot different for these variables?
Valid question here. Just saying, maybe the other small engine rotaries (or even the comparable in-lines…) are not that different either for AI parameters?
I don't know, so show me and I'll shut up.

#12 DaveSax

DaveSax

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:06

Be interesting to know, wouldn't it ? ;-) If someone has an answer, I'd like to see it.
I'm going to be doing some development in Outerra which uses the JSBSim FDM source library. Most stuff there is parameter file driven.

#13 lederhosen

lederhosen

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:35

well if this is all true etc….. and 777 does not want to continue then give it to the community. But, having said that who would do all the work and…who would cheat like back in the old days of RB3d.

#14 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 31 July 2014 - 13:06

Bandy, if you read the OP more carefully you would know. The G-limiter is what you are looking for. No scout ever used one except the old N17 and N11. Copying and pasting that defunct script into the Hanriot is a small catastrophe for the Hanriot AI.

If you want to see what it does, compare the default N17 AI to my modded AI. Quel difference!

#15 Demon_

Demon_

Posted 31 July 2014 - 13:15

So far as I can tell they are identical (copy and paste?). Even the PID controllers are identical, which are supposed to be the result of fine tuning and empirical tests. Also, the obsolete structural limit from the old N17 flight model is still there. It really hampers the default N17 AI, and it has a bad effect on the HD1, too.

I get it. You guys have deadlines and all because of BoS, but I and others would have been happy to help with the AI script. To me it is sad that both the default N17 and HD1 will have the same AI script that is left over from before the N17 FM review.

Thanks! For the info.
This took so many months for… Copy and paste. :mrgreen:

#16 DaveSax

DaveSax

Posted 31 July 2014 - 16:06

Gavagai, just out of interest, where are the scripts kept ? May start having a play about with the parameters.

#17 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 31 July 2014 - 17:09

They are in Rise of Flight\data\scripts.gtp

You need the ungtp extractor to see the files. :mrgreen:

#18 ArgonV

ArgonV

Posted 31 July 2014 - 17:46

It is possible that while the script in there and in place, it never gets called?

#19 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 01 August 2014 - 03:19

[MOD] Hanriot HD.1 AI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users