Photo
- - - - -

Hanriot is released. Intrepid Flyers DLC goes to Steam.

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Zak_1CGS

Zak_1CGS

Posted 29 July 2014 - 16:07

Dear Pilots,

The Great War that became one of the deadliest conflicts in history paving the way for major political changes including revolutions in many of the nations involved began 100 years ago.

We’ve previously recognized the eve of the World War I Centennial with a big sale offering all Rise of Flight content for very tempting prices. And now when the anniversary itself has come we’ve got more good news for you – the Hanriot is released and availalble for purchase along with its Field and Weapon mods.

This is an elegant French biplane initially built to replace Nieuports for the Entente. Manufactured in France and flown primarily by Belgium on the Western Front, it was also flown by Italy and found success in the hands of Italian pilots. It’s also known for a second variant called the HD.2 that was not only sometimes modified with an extra machine gun, but was also fitted with floats to serve the French Navy. A few were even flown by U.S. Naval squads. So, buying the Hanriot in our store will get you both of these planes for the price of one.

We’ve also got some good news for the Steam-version players. We’ve assembled all the aircraft that were missing on Steam and packed them into a brand new DLC package called “Intrepid Flyers”. And all the modifications for the Hanriot, FE2b and Sopwith Strutter have been included in this package as well. This DLC is going to become available in the store this week. Keep in touch with ROF Steam community and you won't miss it.

If you have a regular ROF account you can buy the new plane and mods for it in our store. If you have the game on Steam, please, follow this link.

UPDATE:
Please ROF skin viewer:
http://riseofflight..../bin_viewer.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://riseofflight..../bin_viewer.zip
Download and unzip it, and put into the default game folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\777\Rise of Flight
or
C:\Program Files\777\Rise of Flight

#2 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 29 July 2014 - 16:18

HD2 with Belgian skin? Really?

And still no camera for Strutter…

515024ActionjoeScreen.jpg

#3 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 29 July 2014 - 16:21

Are official and/or community skinpacks planned, along with the template for the new plane?

#4 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 29 July 2014 - 16:23

The skin template shouldn't be a problem as we always release those. However, no new skinpack is planned as far as I know.

Jason

#5 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 29 July 2014 - 16:24

Nice bird…

:D

#6 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 29 July 2014 - 16:53

The skin template shouldn't be a problem as we always release those. However, no new skinpack is planned as far as I know.

Jason

Yup, I've just checked the skins.tab file.

No official skinpack with the Hanriot skins though?

#7 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 29 July 2014 - 17:13

Hum, we will need an hotfix as:

1/Viewer.exe (to see skins) has disappeared.
2/Some external views are activated even if "Allow Spectators" is untickled (tested solo and multi).
3/Bombsight and camera are missing on the Strutter.

515024ActionjoeScreen.jpg

#8 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 29 July 2014 - 17:21

Not even an Italian skin? it would be no trouble at all.

And what about the skinpack? Did I get it wrong or we and Panthercules (especially) will keep having the trouble for nothing? I submitted only one skin so far – and I hope to see it in multiplayer one day – but some people really spend a lot of time on it.

It would be at least fair to give some heads up about it.
"There will be honor enough for us all."

#9 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 29 July 2014 - 17:21

Jason

Sorry meant other skin packs. I'll check with the guys about the official skin pack.

Jason

#10 ST-Zeno

ST-Zeno

Posted 29 July 2014 - 17:37

Nice bird…

:D

and nice to fly !!! :S!: :D

#11 15.Span_Chajas

15.Span_Chajas

Posted 29 July 2014 - 18:30

Thanks for the hard work the whole team.

#12 FTC_obelix

FTC_obelix

Posted 29 July 2014 - 18:32

The skin template shouldn't be a problem as we always release those.

Jason

I hope, I have some italian customers waiting for me… :)

#13 JG1Baron_J6

JG1Baron_J6

Posted 29 July 2014 - 18:36

Thnx for nice planes - two in one. :S!:

…i hope that it is not final patch for (our) RoF and will be Italian front too 8-) (everyone have some dream no? :lol: )

lZOFjj.jpg

RIKzxM.jpg

#14 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 29 July 2014 - 18:49

Timely release coinciding with centennial of WWI. Thank you 777 :S!:

#15 FTC_obelix

FTC_obelix

Posted 29 July 2014 - 19:11

I've just bought the two mods (field and weapons), but only fields mods appear? The two transactions were confirmed by mail.

Any idea?

#16 1PL-Husar

1PL-Husar

Posted 29 July 2014 - 19:23

It took some time he ;) anyway big thanks! Please share yours plans about this wonderful game. Should i start preparing to say goodbye or it will be something to wait for? Greetings

34zg6jd.jpg

#17 sallee

sallee

Posted 29 July 2014 - 19:36

Thank you.
She is beautiful!

#18 FTC_obelix

FTC_obelix

Posted 29 July 2014 - 19:40

It works now!! Crazy cute plane! Thanks

#19 PCDurum

PCDurum

Posted 29 July 2014 - 21:47

Thankyou 777, what a spunky little fighter! :)

#20 O_Rod

O_Rod
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 July 2014 - 00:02

Always good to see new content in RoF and even better when we send 777 our thanks rather than our criticism :D
Keep em flying I say :S!:

Vitae elit Brevior

#21 Shutter

Shutter
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 30 July 2014 - 00:05

Love these two little numbers (HD1 and HD2)!
Any word on a Historical Skin Pack or an Official Pack?

EDIT: The official Skin Pack 1.33 and templates are on the Useful Material page, now.
Thanks guys! :S!:

#22 thenorm

thenorm

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:02

Nice surprise to see this released. Shame my machine is not working at the moment. Also had hoped that the camera loadout for the Strutter would come with this release…

#23 Avimimus

Avimimus

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:36

My oh my! Isn't she beautiful?

Handling is really interesting too!

Thanks - and especially thanks for the HD.2 - it is pretty marvelous. Now, if we only had a bomb equipped German floatplane (e.g. Friedrichshafen or Gotha) we'd have a fighter and attacker for both sides! A fully balanced plane set is getting closer all the time!

I really hope that Ilya Murometz is successful enough to put a bit more oomph into RoF!

#24 JG1_Vonrd_J10

JG1_Vonrd_J10
  • LocationOakland CA

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:57

However, no new skinpack is planned as far as I know.

Jason

So, no new skinspacks EVER?! That is most dissapionting. If so I hope that 777 will find some way to let us use new skins in mods off. I (and I'm sure many others) have a backlog of skins waiting to be incorporated into mods off allowed.

#25 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:04

However, no new skinpack is planned as far as I know.

Jason

So, no new skinspacks EVER?! That is most dissapionting. If so I hope that 777 will find some way to let us use new skins in mods off. I (and I'm sure many others) have a backlog of skins waiting to be incorporated into mods off allowed.

No need to panic just yet. I can't say anything (a. 'cause it's not my place, and b. because I don't know what happened) and will have to wait for Jason to report back as to what will happen about the Official skin pack, but I did create 20 new Hanriot skins for it so I hope/assume they will show up sometime soon.

And don't give up hope yet regarding future Community Packs either - I don't know about any definite plans or scheduled release dates or anything like that, but there are some ideas in the works and I hope to have some more news in a few weeks after I get back from my impending summer vacation travels. I will be gone and away from RoF and the Forums for the next 2 or 3 weeks (starting later this week). but hopefully some of the dust will have settled by the time I get back.

@777 - thanks for getting the new bird out before my vacation so I could at least have a couple of days to play around with it before I go :)

I did miss out on winning the "fun poll" about the release date by a couple of days, though :lol:

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#26 thenorm

thenorm

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:05

Vonrd, if you read further down the page, you will see:

Jason

Sorry meant other skin packs. I'll check with the guys about the official skin pack.

Jason
So I think that "no new skinpacks ever" is a bit of a leap.

#27 Pulsar

Pulsar

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:54

Just flew the bird a firts time and already love it…

#28 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:40

I did create 20 new Hanriot skins for it so I hope/assume they will show up sometime soon.

Oh, so that's you who have done them? Unfortunately there are several mistakes with the HD2 ones (due in most parts to some mistakes on the template), but the HD 1 ones look good, I like the HD 24 of Coppens.
Thanks for them though, that's a good start!

#29 12F_Henri

12F_Henri

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:22

Thank you for new aircraft and seaplane. :S!:

#30 DaveSax

DaveSax

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:04

Thanks to 777 for the Hanriot, won't get to fly it until the weekend but it looks great so far !

Going to have to work out how to get the weapon and cockpit mods as I have everything else and my bank intercepts small payments, thinking they're fraud. ;-) However, thanks, 777, I'm sure it's worth the wait.

#31 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 30 July 2014 - 13:06

I did create 20 new Hanriot skins for it so I hope/assume they will show up sometime soon.

Oh, so that's you who have done them? Unfortunately there are several mistakes with the HD2 ones (due in most parts to some mistakes on the template), but the HD 1 ones look good, I like the HD 24 of Coppens.
Thanks for them though, that's a good start!

Yeah - I didn't have time during this cycle to really scrutinize the templates for potential mistakes and pretty much just had to go with them as they were for this set of skins. If you can let me know what the problems/mistakes are I'll be happy to try to address them when I get back from vacation in a few weeks.

So are they out now? I didn't see that happen yet, but I may have missed something.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#32 Timmaaa2945z

Timmaaa2945z

Posted 30 July 2014 - 13:28

Thanks for the planes 777! Can't wait for this weekends flying session! :S!:

-Timothy

#33 CapitanFracassa

CapitanFracassa

Posted 30 July 2014 - 15:10

Be carefull, with the new patch the plane viewer is totally deleted from game folders

#34 364sq_Roby

364sq_Roby

Posted 30 July 2014 - 15:36

Finally came out, but I do not understand why you have taken out purposely
the MFC viewer program, luckily I had made a backup of the folder "bin viewer"
with which I was able to see the model in detail.
But I regret, after 8 months you released an alpha? ..It's full of flaws.

364sq_Roby

#35 Major_Marvel

Major_Marvel

Posted 30 July 2014 - 18:00

No need to panic just yet. I can't say anything (a. 'cause it's not my place, and b. because I don't know what happened) and will have to wait for Jason to report back as to what will happen about the Official skin pack, but I did create 20 new Hanriot skins for it so I hope/assume they will show up sometime soon.

And don't give up hope yet regarding future Community Packs either - I don't know about any definite plans or scheduled release dates or anything like that, but there are some ideas in the works and I hope to have some more news in a few weeks after I get back from my impending summer vacation travels. I will be gone and away from RoF and the Forums for the next 2 or 3 weeks (starting later this week). but hopefully some of the dust will have settled by the time I get back.

@777 - thanks for getting the new bird out before my vacation so I could at least have a couple of days to play around with it before I go :)

I did miss out on winning the "fun poll" about the release date by a couple of days, though :lol:

Have a good one Panther and 777 thanks for releasing this plane (and I hope a few more in the future)

Regards

Marvel

#36 71st_AH_Mastiff

71st_AH_Mastiff

Posted 30 July 2014 - 20:48

Did anyone notice the engine sounds have been changed?

they sound like real engines now.. Thank you ROF!
" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back " 
Asus-z370 MH WiFi||i7x8700k.4.2GHz/H100iv2||DDR4-32GB-3300||GTX 1080-8gb|| AX1200 Corsair||Turtle Beach TAC||Win7x64pro||TrackIr 4 Pro/ir||Gladiator mki pro||MFG||X55||G15 Kybd/Mouse||32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc

#37 364sq_Roby

364sq_Roby

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:00

Finally came out, but I do not understand why you have taken out purposely
the MFC viewer program, luckily I had made a backup of the folder "bin viewer"
with which I was able to see the model in detail.
But I regret, after 8 months you released an alpha? ..It's full of flaws.

364sq_Roby

If it had not past so long time I wouldn't have anything to criticize, ;)
..however it's pretty and we hope that they make a hotfix soon.

Here's how it looks with an Italian skin.
waiting for the template before to upload it.

364sq_Roby

#38 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:05

Here's how it looks with an Italian skin.
waiting for the template before to upload it.

Hey Roby - there are a couple of Italian default skins for the HD1 already in the official pack, whenever that shows up.

#39 364sq_Roby

364sq_Roby

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:21

Yes, this it's only a sketch, of this aircraft the Italians had many specimens.

364sq_Roby

#40 JG1_Vonrd_J10

JG1_Vonrd_J10
  • LocationOakland CA

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:00

Thanks Panthercules… this does calm me somewhat :0o: no, really :S!:

Hope your vacation travels are great!

And I second @777 - thanks for getting the new bird out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users