Photo
- - - - -

Please Update Russion Roulette

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 athlondude

athlondude

Posted 05 November 2009 - 19:46

Ever since I have owned this game I have always enjoyed the Russian Roulette mode, and just like when I first bought the game I still get the same aircraft to fight against every time. It always the same pattern: N28,breguet, spad13, dwfc, albatros dv, fokker dvii, repeat….. Could we maybe make it so that if your flying an allied plane you get to fight against all the opposing aircraft and vice versa? Or at least add all the other planes to the mix? Allowing us to configure the setting for russian roulette would be nice as well, but at this point anything to breath new life into it would be awesome.

#2 Sensenmann

Sensenmann

Posted 05 November 2009 - 22:22

If you are bored with the repetitive RR missions you might want to try grabbing some missions I have made here:

http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=3700

There are two variations of Russian Roulette, one (ramped) runs through all the enemy planes with increasing skill level until you defeat the ace Dr.1 (currently) and then it goes to random spawning of planes at different skill levels. The other (randomized) skips the whole pregression and just gives you random planes at random skills.

Then there is the Scrambler mission which puts you over enemy territory with four aerodromes (one for each skill level) to fly to. Get within 2km and a plane randomly spawns, and flies up to fight you.

And finally, my favorite, Up and at 'em, which has you start at a friendly aerodrome (with aa cover) where you take off to meet the randomly spawning onslaught of enemy planes.

There is a complete mission set for all the available planes (current to 1.008) and you fight only enemy scouts. Lots of replay value here.

#3 athlondude

athlondude

Posted 06 November 2009 - 00:06

That sounds pretty cool, I will have to check them out. Do they continuously regenerate like in the original Russian Roulette?

#4 Sensenmann

Sensenmann

Posted 06 November 2009 - 00:22

That sounds pretty cool, I will have to check them out. Do they continuously regenerate like in the original Russian Roulette?

Yes they do. Non stop, fly until you die, action.

And none of the rinse and repeat cycle of RR… totally random spawning, so you never know what you will be up against.

Oh, and there is a bit of code I put in them to create the possibility of having multiple spawns if you get a high kill run: after 10 kills there is a 20% chance to become a 2v1, 10 more kills under 2v1 and there is a 5% chance of it becoming a 3v1, 10 more kills and there is a 1% chance of it becoming a 4v1.

#5 Swallow

Swallow

Posted 06 November 2009 - 00:31

My dear Sensenmann,

This sounds unbelievably cool. You may have just claimed your rightful place as the Einstein/Newton/Oppenheimer (delete as appropriate) of ROF mission design! Downloading as we speak!

Many thanks.

#6 athlondude

athlondude

Posted 06 November 2009 - 04:14

Just checked that out dude, and that was pretty cool. You need to make these ready for multiplay. This gives me an idea, imagine this, take what you have now but expand it to accommidate more aircraft. Think about it do a six on six russian roulette. Shouldn't be hard put all six aircraft for one side and pit them against the six aircraft from the other side with one side all AI. Then you could switch it out the other way so folks could play both sides.

#7 Sensenmann

Sensenmann

Posted 06 November 2009 - 19:31

I have had a request for making this into a multiplayer mode and will be doing so in the future.

Idealy I would have this done in such a way that each player can select a plane of his/her choice but the current system would make this a laborious task to create. I have another thread concerning player spawn points where the player can get a plane of choice and according to ViKS it is sounding like it is on the way. You can read about it here:

http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=129&t=4248

As it is yet unknown how long it will be before that option is implemented, I could put together a set of missions with six identical player planes for the interim. I think I would prefer to keep this down to the Scrambler and Up and at 'em missions as my revised RR missions are a bit more of a tangled mess and increasing spawn points there would be a daunting task.

#8 Bleddyn

Bleddyn

Posted 06 November 2009 - 21:46

Sensenmann's missions are great, I use them more then RR myself.

Thanks for your work on those!

Also, if you are looking for something that is more of the traditional RR, but with the newer planes etc you can try out these missions I have been using for practice. The original mission I edited was made by Gustang and posted on SimHQ a few months ago. The missions included here are a RR mission for each of the scouts. As you fly it your only opponents will be scouts and enemy (ie, if you are in a Camel all enemies will be German.) You won't get the 2 seaters in these. All enemies are set to Hard skill level, this can be easily changed by loading them in the Mission Editor.

Anyways if you are interested a file is attached below, just unzip to your RoF folder.

(there may well be bugs in these but I have not encountered it yet. They were never planned for "release" which is why I don't have them in 3rd Party Apps or on SimHQ.)

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users