Photo
- - - - -

More weapons (a suggestion)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Hereward_Hawker

Hereward_Hawker

Posted 04 November 2009 - 23:59

First World War was a period of innovation on weapons. Some suceeded, others not.

There are tons of weapons other than rifle calibre machine guns:

-Le prieur rockets: used (widely) by the Entente against balloons. Erratic, so they are quite funny…
-Incendiary ammo: great against them, but if overheated it can set ablaze your own aeroplane.
-A scaled up Vicker to be used with 11mm incendiary ammo against drachens (the bigger the bullet, the bigger incendiary load).
-The Spad XII, a modified Spad VII with a 37 mm gun firing a kind of grapeshot through the hub.300 were made, I want one for me!

Of course, other weapons existed, but I don't think they will add somethin to RoF:

-Flechettes: darts paked to throw over the enemy trenches in 100's.
-Hand held guns: Because in 1915 you had to carry something to threaten them aboard: Colts, Mauser C-96 and such.
-Bricks, boots, a grenade if you were lucky, etc. Same as above, but against ground.
-Anything unorthodox that Alexander Kozakov tried: Chains, hooks, explosives… :shock:

Apart from this, the use of aircraft carried 37mm guns (specially by pusher two-seaters)against ground targets was conmon.There are tons of weapons explained in "flying guns of world war one".

Of course, give us first the chance to use the Lewis and Parabellum on two seaters, please. ;)

#2 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:49

This game has enormous room for growth. I have a feeling with the loyal following we have and I hope will stay that way we will see a wide range of things down the road I hope.

#3 ParachuteProne

ParachuteProne

Posted 05 November 2009 - 04:53

First World War was a period of innovation on weapons. Some suceeded, others not.

There are tons of weapons other than rifle calibre machine guns:

-Le prieur rockets: used (widely) by the Entente against balloons. Erratic, so they are quite funny…
-Incendiary ammo: great against them, but if overheated it can set ablaze your own aeroplane.
-A scaled up Vicker to be used with 11mm incendiary ammo against drachens (the bigger the bullet, the bigger incendiary load).
-The Spad XII, a modified Spad VII with a 37 mm gun firing a kind of grapeshot through the hub.300 were made, I want one for me!

Of course, other weapons existed, but I don't think they will add somethin to RoF:

-Flechettes: darts paked to throw over the enemy trenches in 100's.
-Hand held guns: Because in 1915 you had to carry something to threaten them aboard: Colts, Mauser C-96 and such.
-Bricks, boots, a grenade if you were lucky, etc. Same as above, but against ground.
-Anything unorthodox that Alexander Kozakov tried: Chains, hooks, explosives… :shock:

Apart from this, the use of aircraft carried 37mm guns (specially by pusher two-seaters)against ground targets was conmon.There are tons of weapons explained in "flying guns of world war one".

Of course, give us first the chance to use the Lewis and Parabellum on two seaters, please. ;)

Would love to see some flaming onions !

#4 SSA-Supra2JZ

SSA-Supra2JZ

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:04

just want to express my intrest in this idea, would add a whole new dynamic to the combat system, would also provide a few laughs :D

#5 Atelophobia

Atelophobia

Posted 05 November 2009 - 10:35

If incendiary ammo should be used against balloons, the regular ammo effectiveness should be reduced (to historical correctness?).

#6 FlyingShark

FlyingShark

Posted 06 November 2009 - 17:18

If incendiary ammo should be used against balloons, the regular ammo effectiveness should be reduced (to historical correctness?).
+1

You can vote my post up by clicking the green arrow on the right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users