Photo
- - - - -

Campaign Generator Tool (ver.11.4 Released!)

• Please log in to reply
1432 replies to this topic

#1401 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 30 September 2012 - 15:49

size: 6,32kb
size on disk: 6kb
filename: British65.JPG
image: JPEG
size w&h: 175x201 pixels

note: Did not use the name British065.JPG could this be the problem?

Has to be jpg and not JPG. On Windows caps don't matter but the filter is Java, which is case sensitive.

#1402 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 30 September 2012 - 15:54

Thanks for quick reply, strangely it has always worked.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#1403 von_Geroi

von_Geroi

Posted 06 October 2012 - 16:46

hi everybody,
i was wonder if it is possible that in missions generated in PWCG works time acceleration only 4x. i can switch to 16x, but without any significant acceleration.
does anybody know why it happens?

#1404 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 06 October 2012 - 17:42

Acceleration rate really depends on how many objects are being rendered. If you set air activity and ground objects to Light, you will (should) notice the clock moves much faster.

#1405 Closter

Closter

Posted 20 October 2012 - 17:41

Is there a place where i can download it. Cause i try to register but each time i enter the Security Check,it fail and i wrote what i can see.

#1406 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 20 October 2012 - 17:53

Is there a place where i can download it. Cause i try to register but each time i enter the Security Check,it fail and i wrote what i can see.

You can get it off of the useful materials page. If you can log into the forum you should have download access.

#1407 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 20 October 2012 - 18:00

12.0 is well under way. The biggest feature will be a moving front option. Battle lines will move and shift based on results of historical offensives. For those who do not want to play with a moving front, you can continue to use the static front for the entire war.

Other features:
1. Zoomable map
2. Ability to move back and forth from the mission screen without losing the mission
3. Player can now set missions credited per mission actually flown

If things work out it will also contain the latest set of ground structures.

#1408 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 20 October 2012 - 18:36

Great stuff as usual! Many thanks..

#1409 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 20 October 2012 - 21:36

Awesome, Pat!

#1410 Raine

Raine

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:28

Terrific! 11.4 and the new GUI has revitalized the ROF experience. Marvellous stuff!

#1411 W1ndy

W1ndy

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:47

Moving front. That's an amazing innovation. Any down side to it ?

#1412 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:59

Moving front. That's an amazing innovation. Any down side to it ?

In the case of 1917, no trenches where there really would have been trenches. Around St Quentin. Not a big deal from March 1918 on (more to the point, historically accurate) because the front really was no longer marked by the trench lines.

Ambient arty, if it is tied to the fixed front, will appear in the wrong place.

That's what comes to mind so far.

#1413 TheReaper

TheReaper

Posted 12 November 2012 - 13:25

Hey,

I'am new here and wondered if there is something like a "noobguide"? I just flew my first mission and when I wanted to click on Combat Report it says "No files in folder ..\..\data". I don't know what to do now. :/

#1414 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 12 November 2012 - 20:13

Hey,

I'am new here and wondered if there is something like a "noobguide"? I just flew my first mission and when I wanted to click on Combat Report it says "No files in folder ..\..\data". I don't know what to do now. :/

It sounds as though it's not creating a mission log in RoF.

Go to Your Program Files Folder, Open Rise of Flight Folder, open Data Folder, scroll down to Startup and open it in Noetpad, scroll down to {KEY = system} and in the list below that look for mission_text_log =. To the right of the = should be the number 1. If it says 0, change it to 1.

That should create a mission log for each mission you fly.

(If you have added Ankor's GUI Mod, it should do this automatically).

Also, did you create a path in Advanced Config/Configuration Parameters: Gui? In the first line you need to type in something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Rise of Flight\data.

Unless you do that, PWCG won't know where to look forthe Mission Logs.

You don't need a NoobieGuide. All this is in the instructions that come with the download.

Let us know if you get it sorted.

:S!:

HT

#1415 TheReaper

TheReaper

Posted 12 November 2012 - 22:14

Oh my god, it works. Thank you :)

#1416 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 12 November 2012 - 22:37

Oh my god, it works. Thank you :)

Super!

#1417 TheReaper

TheReaper

Posted 14 November 2012 - 20:24

Mhmm, one more question. Aces seem to die like flies even if they survive the mission they still die on the same day. Is that WAD?

#1418 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 14 November 2012 - 21:39

Okay, I'll bite: What is WAD?

#1419 TheReaper

TheReaper

Posted 14 November 2012 - 21:43

"works as designed" or sometimes I also read it as "wanted as designed".

Still: Rookies seem live longer than aces which seems a bit odd. Or it is just bad luck for them in my campaigns?

#1420 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 14 November 2012 - 22:31

Pat can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the aces die or transfer out of (or into) the squadron on historic dates.

I also believe if you kill an enemy ace, he will continue to appear until the historic date of his death.

It may also be possible that they can go on leave or be recovering from wounds. Not sure of these, though.

This is all just a SWAG :mrgreen:

#1421 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 14 November 2012 - 23:04

Aces do die on their actual death date. Aces do transfer and do go on leave. Aces and AI do not get wounded. All of these should result in a notification when it happens. Aces can die non historically if they are lost in a RoF mission.

Determination of death is the same for all pilots in the flight: aces, fictional pilots, and the player. However, what I do with the information is a bit different. For the player I downgrade injury status (or not) per config settings. For fictional pilots I ignore minor wounds and consider major wounds to be career ending. For aces … have to look but I think that I ignore any wounds.

#1422 TheReaper

TheReaper

Posted 15 November 2012 - 00:46

Ah okay. That could be the reason. I started the campaign at the same date, probably thats why always the same aces died after the first mission. Thanks :)

#1423 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 08 December 2012 - 14:54

Ah okay. That could be the reason. I started the campaign at the same date, probably thats why always the same aces died after the first mission. Thanks :)

I test constantly with a 06/01/18 start date and that poor bastard Rodderick Dallas buys the farm after my first mission every time!

#1424 doyley

doyley

Posted 24 January 2013 - 19:55

I have just downloaded v11.4 but I am having problems getting it to work properly. I can create campaigns and missions, but the name of my character and that of the CO of the squadron remain in light grey, and cannot be selected/deselected, and when I try to find the mission in the ROF missions directory there is no trace. No idea what I am doing wrong and my brain is beginning to hurt. Any ideas?

#1425 doyley

doyley

Posted 27 January 2013 - 15:02

I have now downloaded version 12 and it is working perfectly. No idea what I had done wrong before.

#1426 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 28 January 2013 - 15:56

Not sure. The setup process is the same. 12.0 has some software to ensure setup that 11.4 is lacing, so maybe that helped a bit. Anyway, glad it's running.

#1427 NimitsTexan

NimitsTexan

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:47

Does the campaign track individual squadron plane as well as personnel losses (i.e., The squadron loses half its D. VIIs, it can't put up as many the next day).

Also, can you be assigned mixed plane missions (i.e. a mix of Dr. Is and D VIIs, for example)? I've tried joining squadrons that should have mixed plane types, but I have not noticed them showing up in the Squadron menu or the mission.

I'm sorry if I'm asking already answered questions, but I did not find the answer in a search, and I have not experienced either occurence myself, yet.

#1428 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 29 January 2013 - 14:53

Plane losses are not tracked in the sense of a temporary shortage. Plane and pilot losses were really replaced very quickly, so even if a squadron took a beating they would be back at strength in a matter of days. Where losses do have an impact is pilot quality. Your non-ace AI pilots improve over time. When they are lost they are replaced with green pilots. This hopefully makes people care for their AI mates a little more.

Mixed type formations are possible, and for German squadrons, common. The squadron will still state "flying plane x", but plane x is the latest type available. Other types are still on hand and will be assigned. Better pilots will generally get the latest types.

#1429 NimitsTexan

NimitsTexan

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:34

Thanks for the answer. I guess I will have to keep looking for those mixed flights. Anyway to assign them yourself, or is that coming in v12?

Interesting about the plane losses. I guess most of my aviation history knowledge comes from WWII, where tempoary plane shortages were a real problem; did not know it was different in WWI; I had enjoyed that particular feature in the Beta Career (and assumed it was accurate to WWI). I am curious, though; if plane shortages are not tracked, how does the game determine how many new vs how many old types to assign in a mixed-plane squadron?

#1430 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 30 January 2013 - 14:47

Changing plane assignments is available in 12.0.

For plane availability, the code uses an algorithm that looks at the date of introduction and exit for each squadron and then figures out, on the fly, how many of each type is available. The result is that newer types will replace older ones.

I agree that it would be good to do a complete inventory management system, across all squadrons, but the current algorithm emulates availability pretty well and it has never bubbled to the top of the priority queue.

As for plane and pilot shortages, I have never heard of it being a severe issue. I have never heard of plane shortages being a problem. For pilot shortages, it was more about losing experienced pilots than not having a warm body.

I am going to speculate here, but I am guessing that the very short distances, combined with attitudes towards the pilots lives, would be key factors in the lack of temporary shortages. The British, for example, had to fly across the channel to St. Omer. From there it was a short flight to a front line squadron. For the French and Germans the supply line was even shorter. A pilot and/or plane could be at the new squadron in the morning.

There is also the fact that pilots were assigned after very short training periods. Not great for the pilots, but it did mean that a pilot could be pulled off the streets and put into an airplane in a pretty short period of time. They might not be effective in combat. They might not even be able to reliably land an airplane. But hell, if they went down in flames or cracked up on landing there was always a replacement in the queue.

#1431 AKA_Wildcard

AKA_Wildcard

Posted 17 August 2013 - 14:08

It's not updating my missions. Where do I find the mission results so I can redirect it to do so? All it says is no mission report found in …\data\

#1432 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 17 August 2013 - 14:33

There is a much newer Version aviable here Version 13.10.1 Released

You have to find the section [KEY = system] in the Startup.cfg in the data folder and change the line mission_text_log = 0 to mission_text_log = 1 or there are no Mission Reports created.

In older versions of PWCG you had to specify the path where the data folder is in i.E. C:\Games\RoF\data in the advanced config menu in PWCG,though you don't need to do this anymore in the newer Versions.

Dann gibt's Heulen und Zähne klammern, für das ganze Lumpenpack.
Dann ist Schluss mit "Tischlein deck' dich", da gibt's "Knüppel aus dem Sack"!

#1433 Fritz-Fraghof

Fritz-Fraghof

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:29

PWCG is a fantastic tool, and I love how the missions play are so varied and often have multiple contact points. But I am wondering if there is an option to start fights a bit closer to the action. Even with air starts and time compression, it can be slow to find any action, and time compression takes one right out of any immersion. I just don't have time for 40 minutes for every mission.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users