Photo
- - - - -

Campaign Generator Tool (ver.11.4 Released!)

• Please log in to reply
1432 replies to this topic

#81 Seiseki

Seiseki

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:10

I'm still having the same problem I had before, even with a clean install… :/
And now custom fonts do not work either..

#82 Desode

Desode

Posted 17 December 2009 - 07:17

Desode: I repositioned the buttons on the larger screens to the upper right corner. That should let everybody access them regardless of screen size, etc.

Future (no time soon) is to go full screen with stretchable images and items placement based on calculated screen size. Looking into it but that is a major overhaul.

Thanks so VERY much Pat !!! I really appreciate your looking into this and changing it so I can enjoy it. I'm going to download it now. You made my day.

Have a Merry Chrismas ! , Desode

"Update" : That did the trick Pat, I'm able to use it now. I did one D.Va mission before bed. My wingman din't make it more then 200ft in the air before he fell into the ground though. I will spend some time with it when I wake up. I have the whole day off ! Going to Drink a 6 pack and play ROF and DCS Black Shark all day long..

#83 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 17 December 2009 - 07:25

Still no white Christmas….:(
Is there any way to have an option to generate shorter missions?

#84 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 17 December 2009 - 13:59

Reflected:
I fixed the dates but did not change the use of winter tiles, so it is still just JanuarF and February.

Desode:
The actual location of the airfield in x,y terms as it relates to the position of the buildings is variable. What this means is that I cannot just use the "airfield location" as the takeoff point. By default I move the player 35 meters back towards the hangars for takeoff. While that seems to be the best average, individual airfields might require that the flights be backed up more (for more airstrip) or less (because they got planted on top of a hangar). The TakeoffDistance parameter in RofCampaign.config controls how far back you go - a larger number means closer to the hangars.

Shorter missions: transfer to a different squadron. Most of the airfields are about 30-40 km from the front. With time compression not working as advertised (8x is really maybe 1.5x) some missions can be long.

Jasta 5 is a good one that is very close to the front.

#85 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 17 December 2009 - 14:02

Seiseki:

Sent you a message on simhq. Please get in touch.

#86 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 17 December 2009 - 14:12

With time compression not working as advertised (8x is really maybe 1.5x) some missions can be long.

What do you mean? :shock:

Can you please advise an SE5 squadron?

#87 Desode

Desode

Posted 17 December 2009 - 15:50

Reflected:
I fixed the dates but did not change the use of winter tiles, so it is still just JanuarF and February.

Desode:
The actual location of the airfield in x,y terms as it relates to the position of the buildings is variable. What this means is that I cannot just use the "airfield location" as the takeoff point. By default I move the player 35 meters back towards the hangars for takeoff. While that seems to be the best average, individual airfields might require that the flights be backed up more (for more airstrip) or less (because they got planted on top of a hangar). The TakeoffDistance parameter in RofCampaign.config controls how far back you go - a larger number means closer to the hangars.

Shorter missions: transfer to a different squadron. Most of the airfields are about 30-40 km from the front. With time compression not working as advertised (8x is really maybe 1.5x) some missions can be long.

Jasta 5 is a good one that is very close to the front.

Gotcha, Thanks for the reply, I have been using it this morning and I'm really enjoying it !
Great tool, Thanks for all your time and effort.
DESODE

#88 Snuffy

Snuffy
  • LocationGood Ol' U. S. of A.

Posted 17 December 2009 - 21:10

Pat!

Thanks for this, I downloaded last night and installed it with absolutely no problem.
The readme which I printed out was somewhat cryptic but I muddled thorugh it.

I flew one mission generated by this program last night too and with just that one flight, having it generated and knowing who my squad mates were made the game almost more involved than previously.

I do have a couple questions/comments.

A) I noticed last night with my first mission that the waypoint routing seems to be off cooridnate from the map. While both my take off and landing waypoints were matched, they were both about 1 mile from the nearest airbase. I also noticed that my intended target icon was also placed on the take off and landing waypoints instead of over the enemy lines as it should have been.

B) My personal aircraft seemed to have trouble keeping up with my squad mates in both auto pilot and manual flying. Of course the caveat with that comment is that I have a thread here with regard to seeming power loss to player aircraft after patch 1.009. So it may be a "function" of the patch and not your campaign generator.

Thanks again and I look forward to hearing your comments.

<0

#89 Snuffy

Snuffy

Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:45

Patrick!

More "annomolies?"

I just flew another mission … I found out why my player plane may be having a hard time keeping up with the squadron. The minute we leave the field we are on a steady climb to 32,000 feet.

I had a cloudy day and I mean it was pea soup once over the clouds we couldn't see the earth at all nothing but white for miles, and only a 300 foot ceiling below the clouds … Once on the deck, I had to fly around hills instead of over them. :lol:

Oh while we were at 32,000 feet and trying to still climb, there were other aircraft higher than we were … I'd say they had to be around 35,000 to 38,000 feet.

Just lettin ya know. :)

I'm still enjoying this.

<o

#90 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 19 December 2009 - 11:28

A behavior i noticed is that if there is an MG on the front both autopilot or my friends (enemies too) do a strong dive to strafe the MG position loosing the altitude advantage…

By default MG are one every 2500 meters, I will even change to add one every 1000 or even 500 meters but already with 2500 the flight patrols on the front once arrived to nobody's land stay at low altitude because MG are too near one each other.

I imagine is an AI anomaly - so not related to campaign generator - but on front patrols I must disable MG to avoid this and it is a real shame…
Does anybody have a suggestion?

#91 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 19 December 2009 - 15:25

I think that I have a solution for the MGs - set them to not engageble. This will cause the AI not to engage them.

For aircraft, I currently use the Attack MCU (not AttackArea) to get the aircraft to engage in air combat. The MGs are not on the list so it is an AI decision. Let me try the above to see what the effect is.

#92 loco

loco

Posted 19 December 2009 - 16:33

Just downloaded the beta mission generator, which is a pleasure to use. Created a dogfight scenario with me plus 1 wingman against 10 Nieuport 28's and 7 Nieuport 17's. What a furball! Just for fun, I put my D7 on autopilot, whilst I got a cup of coffee… when I returned, I noted that in autopilot, my D7 couldn't decide which AI enemy to shoot at, as there were so many! The autopilot kept lining up on an enemy fighter, then see another and change it's mind on which to shoot at, and so on. :shock:

#93 Snuffy

Snuffy

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:51

Now that I have stablized my game to run after the 1.010 update, last night I tried to initiate a new campaign from the latest generator.

Started up the game got to the missions selection screen, selected the mission, then start, and the missiong got about 1/4 of the way through and I crashed back to the mission selection screen.

Any thoughts on this?

#94 Parazaine

Parazaine

Posted 29 December 2009 - 12:26

Patrick!

More "annomolies?"

I just flew another mission … I found out why my player plane may be having a hard time keeping up with the squadron. The minute we leave the field we are on a steady climb to 32,000 feet.

I had a cloudy day and I mean it was pea soup once over the clouds we couldn't see the earth at all nothing but white for miles, and only a 300 foot ceiling below the clouds … Once on the deck, I had to fly around hills instead of over them. :lol:

Oh while we were at 32,000 feet and trying to still climb, there were other aircraft higher than we were … I'd say they had to be around 35,000 to 38,000 feet.

Just lettin ya know. :)

I had the same problems with an SE5a mission….I never managed to catch up and climb as high as the rest of my flight ….maybe just having problems with mixture and radiator settings for SE5a at altitude..my engine temp dropped so low I had to nearly close my radiator in level flight…tried thinning the mixture which helped a bit but it seems v v sensitive..trying to get stable power/mixture settings was extremely difficult and i had lost sight of my flight by the time i thought i had it set up right (admittedly my first attempt at flying so high)

Another problem was when i actually sighted some enemy way below me…engine temp dropped so fast during my descent that the engine cut out…is it just my engine management skills that are lacking? any feedback would be appreciated

#95 WillyVonWonka

WillyVonWonka

Posted 29 December 2009 - 13:31

Parazaine, I had the same mission in the SE5a yesterday, but I didn't see any enemy because I was so darn high trying to catch up with the others. After an hour and a half grabbing altitude and no sight of enemies I just clicked finish mission. I was gettin' tired adjusting mixture, radiator and catching too much altitude…Patrick, I think this might possibly be a problem. ;)

#96 Snuffy

Snuffy

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:17

Per the readme with 2.2 "generic" squadron color skins are employed in this release. In the readme you tell us to create folders as needed for these skins by stating -\data\graphics\xxxxx\xxxx

Is this to be created in the Campaign Generator's data folder, or in the data folder of the rof directory?

Thought I'd ask first before screwing something up. :lol:

#97 WWIFlyingAce

WWIFlyingAce

Posted 04 January 2010 - 03:16

Greetings, I've spent a great deal of time trying to get this to work with no luck - I have created a campaign, a pilot, a squadron, a startdate and a rank, but when I try to create a mission I get this error: data\Mission\"pilots name""date".mission(Access is denied)
I remember the Campaign Gen of old from Red Baron days and am eagerly waiting to have at it!
Cheers…

#98 WWIFlyingAce

WWIFlyingAce

Posted 04 January 2010 - 14:35

I got it - it was a security issue. New computer and all…

#99 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 09 January 2010 - 13:40

After many days of use of campaign generator I would like to give some feedback: this is a fantastic product, it fills many lack of the stock career mode, especially these are the most appreciable IMHO:
1. Possibility to customize skins for player, player squadron and others squadrons;
2. Great variety of awards especially for Germans;
There are many others, these two are the best IMHO, generally it gives many more immersion than original career mode.

Now, just to help to improve product I will report some bugs I encountered or a sort of:
1. Planes defending balloons do not engage combat, they fly in their path and shooting down them is very easy;
2. Sometimes icons names are missing both for friends and enemies;
3. Often waypoints names are swapped especially between airbase and balloon waypoint;
4. As already reported flack on frontline causes squadrons attacks, probably not so right in a combat air patrol;

Some suggestions:
1. Like the squadrons skins, would be great to have more than one generic skin per squadron so if I fly with jasta 2 and in a mission I encounter jasta 11 their planes could be different each ones;
2. At the moment I know not possible but would be great to have a system to have a right flight record for the combat report;
3. Not much vehicles in mission objectives like trucks or tanks;
4. Balloons are not creditable in victories, it's a shame;
5. Squadrons historical references are not so accurate, if you need help let me know;
6. Maybe not possible but would be great at least for Germans to have mixed squadrons for example 1 Dr1 with 3 Albatrosses, something common for Germans;
7. Maybe not possible but flights have an enormous visible range, autopilot engages enemies even if they are not in sight.
8. Would be great to have something like news from the front or something like this.

To finish I would like to post a screen of my squadrons possible thanks the fantastic custom skin feature in campaign generator
Attached File  myJasta.jpg   89.15KB   596 downloads

#100 Cougar435788

Cougar435788

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:40

When I try to extract the ROFcampaign folder to my Rise of Flight folder, I am getting a access denied error and it cannot extract the file.. any suggestions?

#101 Ansirial

Ansirial

Posted 11 January 2010 - 20:25

Making US skinpack I noticed a couple of issues I will report:

1. 22nd Squadron does not work at all, it says "no central squads for this mission" - don't know if others squadrons have same problem;

2. Doing some researches American squadrons should be available one by one only from March 1918 except for 103rd (Lafayette) always available but until March 1918 carrying French markings;

Hope this helps ;)

#102 TheDuck

TheDuck

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:57

This looks and sounds great i will have to try it out

Is there any chance this can be used to create a "multiplayer campaign where myself and my mates can fly as one team against the enemy? If so that would be very cool.

cheers Zig

#103 TheDuck

TheDuck

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:00

I must be just plane dumb but i cant get this to work.

I placed the folder into the main directory of ROF

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rise of Flight

i click on the executable and up comes the program, i set up a campaign and what i get is the following when i try to create a mission

data\missions\TheDuck 1.9.1917.mis (path specified cannot be found)

any ideas

cheers

TheDuck

#104 TheDuck

TheDuck

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:24

another question would it be possible to create a campaing mission using this tool. Te open it with the ME and alter it to coop mode.

basically i am looking for a way to create a linked set of Human versus AI missions that myself and my squad mates can fly as a team online. Do ya reckon this would work?

cheers The Duck

#105 TheDuck

TheDuck

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:10

yay i got it to work! :)

#106 Snuffy

Snuffy

Posted 04 February 2010 - 17:18

Patrick,

Hope you got your computer fixed and that all is well with the code. (I believe I read somewhere where you said that was the case ….)

Anyhow, I have a question that may prove to be more work than necessary but I'm dying to ask.

With all these great custom "personalized" skins being produced, is there a way for you to impliment those individuals within the generator?

Trust me I have no Idea how this will or can be done, but I have a feeling that it'll probably be a major undertaking.

It would be cool to be flying about doing missions and look across the way and see a squad or a jasta being led by a recognizable skin as an ace of some kind or another …

Just asking mate.

Thanks. I'm enjoying the generator a lot.

#107 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 05 February 2010 - 01:40

RoF already supports that. For a squadron skin you use the name of the squadron for the skin name. For a personal skin you use the pilot's name. The campaign generator looks for these skins and uses them if they exist, otherwise no skin is specified and the default is used.

Aces are coming in the next release. Their skins will also be personalized ifthe skin is available.

#108 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 05 February 2010 - 03:45

RoF already supports that. For a squadron skin you use the name of the squadron for the skin name. For a personal skin you use the pilot's name. The campaign generator looks for these skins and uses them if they exist, otherwise no skin is specified and the default is used.

Aces are coming in the next release. Their skins will also be personalized ifthe skin is available.

When you say "RoF already supports that", does that mean that there's a way (without using the campaign generator tool) to make the game use squadron-specific generic skins for multiple different squadrons, similar to the way you can make it use a different skin for the overall "default" skin used by any given plane type by putting it in a subfolder in the "planes" folder?

Exactly how does that work for separate/multiple squadrons?

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 64.jpg

#109 hq_Neca

hq_Neca

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:01

I think other squadmates should fly some missions too. And also please enable balloon protect squad to attack us. You can get balloon with few bullets and then just get rid of them and get 4 kills with no special efort.

#110 vonKrupp

vonKrupp

Posted 06 February 2010 - 22:21

S!

What triggers those high enemy planes circling above that enemy waypoint balloon to attack my flight? They (always) completely ignore me and my AI wingmens even if we open fire on them. It kind of kills the immersion and I have to call my flight back to formation to prevent them shooting those sitting ducks and wasting ammo in case of something really happens later…

#111 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:13

I did a search and didn't find the answer to my question.

How do these reports work? It asks me to enter kills and losses. Are these kills and losses my own? Am I supposed to know the stats of the AI pilots in my flight?

#112 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 07 February 2010 - 15:49

I think that I have a solution for the MGs - set them to not engageble. This will cause the AI not to engage them.

Anyone know where and how to do this?

#113 Snuffy

Snuffy

Posted 07 February 2010 - 17:28

Anyone know where and how to do this?

Yep generate a mission, remember the name of the mission, then open the mission editior. load the new mission and scroll down the screen till you find the MGs.

double clicking opens a dialog box for options.

Save the game when done.

#114 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 08 February 2010 - 02:05

Thanks snuffy. I decided to just disable the MG's in the config for now because that doesn't require me to edit every mission.

Is there a generated file which shows the kill tally for the AI pilots? I'm still not clear on how to accurately report victories for the AI.

Edit: I've also noticed a bug. The AI tasked with balloon defense do not react to enemy aircraft.

#115 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 08 February 2010 - 07:00

Edit: I've also noticed a bug. The AI tasked with balloon defense do not react to enemy aircraft.

I've noticed that too. they just fly straight and level like sitting ducks.

As for the AI's combat report I always write something off the top of my head.
I usually know approximately how many planes were shot down (Ctrl+F2 after the battle), then I assign the kills to the AI with the best sounding name :lol:

#116 hq_Neca

hq_Neca

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:25

Reflected, do you know some Se5a squad close to front with shorter missions?
With time acceleration which doesn't work very well for me, they're very long :?

#117 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 08 February 2010 - 08:53

Yeah, I know what you mean. Time acceleration isn't working very well for me either. instead of 2x,4x and 8x I have something like 2x, 3x,3x so missions are VERY long.

56 sqn is stationed at Braizieux which is a mile or two from the frontline. The missions are still long compared to stock RoF career missions, but I reckon they are even longer for other squadrons.

#118 hq_Neca

hq_Neca

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:40

Thank you :)

#119 Snuffy

Snuffy

Posted 08 February 2010 - 12:39

With the mission editor, its theoretically historical. Bases for squadrons/jastas were placed where they really were … not like in the game by itself where you select short missions and then the game places you at a distance specific airfield in stead of a historical one.

If you want shorter missions from the generator, study up on your squadrons/jastas and choose your unit according to location … :D

#120 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 08 February 2010 - 14:45

I've noticed that too. they just fly straight and level like sitting ducks.

As for the AI's combat report I always write something off the top of my head.
I usually know approximately how many planes were shot down (Ctrl+F2 after the battle), then I assign the kills to the AI with the best sounding name :lol:

:lol: Ok, that's what I needed to know: Guess at the total number of kills for the AI, give them to the ones with cool names.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users