- - - - -

[MOD] Early German Type C

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 08 July 2014 - 18:48

Considering that I will not have the time to go much further now (I lack the skills too), here it is:
https://www.mediafir...n0zzqfn2sxseg82" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.mediafir...n0zzqfn2sxseg82

EarlyGermanTypeC for JSGME, v0.1

A "new" AI plane that use DFW 3d model with FE2b FM.
This plane can:
-take off,
-land, (although its tail stay above the ground)
-be shot down (by killing pilot or flaming it)
-shot you down.

This plane can't (for now?):
-losing wings, or show any external damage
-be added to your victory list when you shoot it down.
-be shown in the RofViewer (use the DFW to make your skins).

I didn't touch loadout, but front MG has been deleted (in skins), so an 'empty' loadout is the best.

This pack gives you a couple of skins (and templates), and a test mission (Missions/Mods).
Not tested yet in multiplayer.

INSTALLATION:
Copy the folder MODS in your ROF file.

If someone find any way to improve it… ;)

515024ActionjoeScreen.jpg

#2 Dr.Zebra

Dr.Zebra

Posted 08 July 2014 - 19:47

very cool.

#3 WW1EAF_Paf

WW1EAF_Paf
  • Tester

Posted 08 July 2014 - 19:54

Lovely!

#4 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 08 July 2014 - 21:12

;)

Note, it seems that there is a little problem for landing when using AI Mods. It will turn and turn over the landing point. It is linked to the FE2B caeroplane file.

#5 Genius

Genius

Posted 08 July 2014 - 21:53

Good works actionjoe! Now we have a correct ennemy plane for early plane. Thanks.

#6 A1_Phoenix

A1_Phoenix
  • LocationMilano, Italy

Posted 08 July 2014 - 23:11

good job again actionjoe :)
this is an epic step for ROF, thank you (again)

S!
A1

#7 jeanba4

jeanba4

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:02

Of course, I would love a "true" Aviatik CI (or similar), but it is a good stopgap measure and an impressive demonstration of the modding possibilities of RoF
It will be evry helpfull for a 1916 environment.
I hope this will give ideas to other people and encourage 777 to give more info and openings on modding.

Thank you actionjoe

#8 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:23

So, do you think it is possible (in theory) to add 3rd party AI aircraft? By creating own 3d models?

#9 jeanba4

jeanba4

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:26

So, do you think it is possible (in theory) to add 3rd party AI aircraft? By creating own 3d models?
Let's hope 777 will help on this

#10 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:42

Yes, but you have to use one of the 777 caeroplane file (which seems to be linked to FM and DM). You can't create a new one, that makes ROF crash.

Russian people made their S-16 the same way (I guess) with much more talent!

If you want to do some experiment by yourself, just look inside the mod.
Use ungtp to extract the files you need from the plane you want to change.
Rename the files as I have done.

And just change some lines in files:
luascript/worldobject/yourplane.txt
Plane_Class="CAeroplane_FE2b"
Change "FE2b" with any other plane name.

graphics/planes/yourplane/yourplane.txt
Change links to the correct .mgm files.

Good works actionjoe! Now we have a correct ennemy plane for early plane. Thanks.

Merci à toi, wai! ;)

#11 A1_Phoenix

A1_Phoenix
  • LocationMilano, Italy

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:02

are we ready for SAS1918? :D

#12 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:12

Yes, but you have to use one of the 777 caeroplane file (which seems to be linked to FM and DM). You can't create a new one, that makes ROF crash.

Russian people made their S-16 the same way (I guess) with much more talent!

If you want to do some experiment by yourself, just look inside the mod.
Use ungtp to extract the files you need from the plane you want to change.
Rename the files as I have done.

And just change some lines in files:
luascript/worldobject/yourplane.txt
Plane_Class="CAeroplane_FE2b"
Change "FE2b" with any other plane name.

graphics/planes/yourplane/yourplane.txt
Change links to the correct .mgm files.

I see. So the DM probably doesn't work because the objects in the mgm.files for the DFW have different names than in the Fe2b mgm files. If we were to create a new 3d model where all the objects are named the same as in the Fe2b model then it might work?

#13 Genius

Genius

Posted 09 July 2014 - 14:28

Hi, it seem that this parts are important:
_ name of the collision object
_ correct argument number and animation
_ may be the name of th 3d object, name are like this:

Elevator L :
12050_D00 = undamaged ?
12050_D01 = damaged level ?
12050_D02 = damaged level 2 ?
12050_X = damaged detached part ?

#14 ParachuteProne

ParachuteProne

Posted 11 July 2014 - 00:07

Let's hope 777 will help on this

Nice job !!!
Really eager to see some planes made by the community.

#15 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 17 August 2014 - 13:01

Using the same recipe (using a FE2 FM on a RE8 external model), here's a 'BE2'(didn't change alpha on this one, just a skin) mod:
https://www.mediafir...13d74yos28n3io7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.mediafir...13d74yos28n3io7

#16 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 17 August 2014 - 13:12

Wow! How did you change the appearance of the DFW? The wings look squared off instead of rounded.

I'm guessing this isn't flyable. :P

Question: Do these modded aircraft use the FE2's slot in the QMB lineup, or the DFW/RE8's?

————–

Oh, I get it. The answer is "neither." This Aviatik and BE2 are just extra aircraft that remain hidden from the normal menus.

#17 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 17 August 2014 - 14:16

I have modified alpha-channel to change wings appearance. And yes they don't appear in QMB, only in the ME, but they have their own slots there

#18 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 17 August 2014 - 15:17

Nice work! :D

:S!:

#19 Thaatu

Thaatu

Posted 17 August 2014 - 15:55

Soooo… If I were to take the E.III, modify this skin and attach, let's say, the S-22 FM on it, I'd get an AI Bleriot that barely flies? Interesting… :idea:

Is there any way to fix the damage model issue? Replacing the N.28 FM with the Hanriot's might be a nice experience, but only if it works in combat.

#20 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 17 August 2014 - 16:39

Is there any way to fix the damage model issue? Replacing the N.28 FM with the Hanriot's might be a nice experience, but only if it works in combat.

It would be AI only. ROF.exe will not let you fly any of these 3rd party aircraft. You'll get a message saying you do not own the aircraft.

I'd love to swap out the Albatros D.Va FM for the Fokker D.VII FM. It would finally have an approximately correct airspeed and more realistic handling, e.g. heavy ailerons, twichy elevator, etc. But there is no point if I can't fly it.

#21 Thaatu

Thaatu

Posted 17 August 2014 - 17:26

It would be AI only. ROF.exe will not let you fly any of these 3rd party aircraft. You'll get a message saying you do not own the aircraft.

I'd love to swap out the Albatros D.Va FM for the Fokker D.VII FM. It would finally have an approximately correct airspeed and more realistic handling, e.g. heavy ailerons, twichy elevator, etc. But there is no point if I can't fly it.
D.VII for D.Va was my next thought. It does give some possibilities for the future. There are 42 different FMs and counting, so it's a pretty big library especially for AI-only planes. If there were a way around the ownership issue, then that opens a new door. The damage model issue is the more pressing matter, because if it's solved, then boom. Working AI planes. That presents a multitude of extra content, a graspable step up in the modding scene.

If and just if…

#22 Cybermat47

Cybermat47
  • LocationNew South Wales, Australia

Posted 17 October 2016 - 00:59

Great work. I rammed one of them and there was external damage, and the wings fell off  :icon_e_salute:

"If I could only have brought him down alive."
- Lieutenant Arthur Rhys-Davids, recalling his victory over Leutnant Werner Voss.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users