Photo
- - - - -

messages of downed pilots online

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 03 November 2009 - 14:05

It would be nice to have kill messages of downed pilots/aircrafts online on server like in IL2….XX brings down XY`s plane or somethin simmilar….

can we have that?

#2 TX-Thunderbolt

TX-Thunderbolt

Posted 03 November 2009 - 14:11

Funny, there were more complaints to have that removed in IL2 than to keep it (along with the damage messages).

I guess it's just what people are used to.

There are times when I'd like to know who put that bullet in the back of my head (or vice versa), but in the end, it's really moot…the bullet still went through your head.

#3 Briggstone

Briggstone

Posted 04 November 2009 - 07:59

The pilots in Red Baron 3D used to "Salute!" their downed opponents in chat. To simulate knighthood. It would be very nice to have kill messages in MMP.

#4 MiG-77

MiG-77

Posted 04 November 2009 - 08:42

I dont like it, because it removes uncertainty in some cases (IE escaping by acting dead/out of control, etc). I actually like it when I shoot snap shot to some plane and think he survived and only to later learn that I actually killed his pilot.

#5 Vati

Vati

Posted 04 November 2009 - 09:10

I agree with MiG77 and share same experiences. Been flying online sims for a long time, and kill messages were one of the annoying parts for the reasons stated already.
You aready have scoring presented to you after flight, why kill immersion.

#6 WWBrian

WWBrian

Posted 04 November 2009 - 09:18

You aready have scoring presented to you after flight, why kill immersion.

Resounding +1

#7 J2_squid

J2_squid

Posted 04 November 2009 - 09:25

Actually I miss this feature. As long as it was included as an option that could be turned on/off by the server or client.

Failing that maybe a post round report that told you who shot down who rather than an ambigous number.

It could even take the form of a recorded stat, so you could see whos shot you down the most times?

#8 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 04 November 2009 - 09:29

I was asking just because it was cool to salute to the pilot you downed….this way I dunno who it was….but it seams your against this…so…

#9 Atelophobia

Atelophobia

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:41

dunno about inflight messages (making it a server setting is always a good choice) but as we are already forced to see the debriefing, it would be nice to see some more stats like who did hit who, where and how often.
Wouldn't kill any atmosphere

#10 MiG-77

MiG-77

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:48

dunno about inflight messages (making it a server setting is always a good choice) but as we are already forced to see the debriefing, it would be nice to see some more stats like who did hit who, where and how often.

I agree with this. In debriefing window it would be nice (also ability chat there would be nice).

BTW, was it yesterday when I followed your Camel with my Dr.I in online and you commented that "I didnt know that Fokker could dive that fast". I blew my engine in that dive ;)

#11 Marco_._

Marco_._

Posted 04 November 2009 - 10:54

I agree with this. In debriefing window it would be nice (also ability chat there would be nice).

BTW, was it yesterday when I followed your Camel with my Dr.I in online and you commented that "I didnt know that Fokker could dive that fast". I blew my engine in that dive ;)

lolz In two missions I managed to destroy my engine and in second - broke my wing…in DR1 that is…I forgot its not DVII

#12 Atelophobia

Atelophobia

Posted 04 November 2009 - 15:45

hehe, also a way to get feedback ^^
Just a little bit too much investigating necessary.

Played around with DrI and Camel yesterday… but I guess I need to learn everything from the scratch again as a SE5/NP28 pilot ;)

Yea, better chat implementation would be great - already in beriefing.
Proposal: Order and Opposite NEXT to each other and chat above or below.
So you should be able to see ALL players online without scrolling and the chat without clicking.

#13 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 06 November 2009 - 10:58

I am always the host.

I never get a score window or debriefing :(:(:( :cry:

#14 TX-Thunderbolt

TX-Thunderbolt

Posted 06 November 2009 - 13:33

More detailed debriefing data describing who shot who would be cool. In most cases there was a definitive effort to confirm kills and many times the victor would visit the 'scene' of the crash and know exactly who it was he killed or brought down.

Funny that in online servers in RoF, oftentimes there is a single pilot that gets 3 or 4 kills while the rest get 1 collectively. In that guise, you usually know who shot you down. But I would like a bit more detailed info in the debrief. Especially since most debrief times HAVE to last 1 minute or more to allow the next mission to load onto the server anyway. Being able to glean a bit more information would be cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users