Photo
- - - - -

10017 Error File transfer error

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DFSLonewolf

DFSLonewolf

Posted 01 November 2009 - 12:22

Some players get this error when trying to connect to server running custom missions.
What is the fix?
Anyone?

#2 Tanner

Tanner

Posted 01 November 2009 - 18:00

Was getting this error yesterday as well. The only thing that fixed it for me was putting my PC in the RMZ despite having all the proper ports open in my router.

#3 DFSLonewolf

DFSLonewolf

Posted 01 November 2009 - 22:35

It transfers the .list and the .mission files not the .eng file.
Why is that it downloads those but not the other?

#4 Maulkin

Maulkin
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 06 February 2011 - 13:20

RMZ? What is that?

I am having the same problem here. If I use the default mission list the server lets clients join without a problem, but if I put in a custom mission in the list I will get the same error:
"10017: file transfer error"

I even tried manually installing the mission in the dogfight folder on my client so that it would not have to download the map, but I still get the error. I have tested the mission running as a listen-server and it loads up just fine. The map I am testing can be found here:
MP Mission: The Bombing of Lille v2 (Updated 2/04)

-- Maulkin

#5 Riemann73

Riemann73

Posted 06 February 2011 - 13:29

This error is often related to the Mission Editor. It happens when the file is not properly saved.

#6 Maulkin

Maulkin
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 06 February 2011 - 15:57

Gladio it seems you may be correct. Just to test this I jumped onto the Syndicate server, which caused my client to download the mission "VM - Bloody April - April 1917". I then transfered the files for that mission from my client to the dedicated server and put that at the top of the mission list. Sure enough my client was able to connect and load that map from the server. So I have to assume there is something wrong with the other mission. So to fix the "Bombing of Lille" mission could I simply load it up in the mission editor and re-save it?

-- Maulkin

#7 Riemann73

Riemann73

Posted 06 February 2011 - 18:33

Saving the mission with a different name usually solve the problem.

#8 Maulkin

Maulkin
  • LocationOttawa, Canada

Posted 06 February 2011 - 22:06

Opening the file revealed these problems:

Object(793:CHURCH BELL) >> no model file! : graphics\effects\effect.mgm
Object(853:Effect) >> no model file! : graphics\effects\effect.mgm

So I simply deleted the objects and *poof* everything works fine now. The question is how did those errors get there in the first place?

-- Maulkin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users