Photo
- - - - -

Help setting up a Thrustmaster T Flight Hotas X Joystick?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rasponov

Rasponov

Posted 27 June 2014 - 13:37

Hello everyone

I just got my package that had my ordered Thrustmaster T Flight Hotas X Joystick
In the package (as you probably know allready) are two joysticks, 1 for flight und 1 for thrust und alternate controls

I've tried setting them up myself, but it seems that the game is taking the two joysticks as 1 joystick, so, for example, whenever I try to send trust to my engine, the plane's flaps go down as the plane would fly down

I'm not really sure anyways how I should et up my joysticks to use it for flying in Rise of Flight
Could anyone help me with this?

Much Appreciated

Regards
Rasponov

#2 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 28 June 2014 - 13:38

That sounds like you have double assigned something. No idea what else it could be,can you unplug the throttle unit from the stick? Propably it's seen as one device,but it's not common that the throttle also has a X and Y axis,throttle should be something else. What do you see when you go to the Calibration screen in Windows,does there move the X and Y axis when you move the throttle?

Dann gibt's Heulen und Zähne klammern, für das ganze Lumpenpack.
Dann ist Schluss mit "Tischlein deck' dich", da gibt's "Knüppel aus dem Sack"!

#3 Rasponov

Rasponov

Posted 29 June 2014 - 20:14

there are two buttons on my throttle which is seen as the X or Y axis when I push either of them

when calibrating the joysticks, he sees them both as one, und no, I cna not unplug either one from eachother, as they're a set

#4 JG1_von_Freden

JG1_von_Freden

Posted 13 May 2015 - 17:53

I have the same flight stick. Make sure the switch on the front is set to PC and not PS3. Secondly, just go through the control set up and clear out every thing pre assigned to your joystick then go through it all again an assign the functions you want to each button. If. Another feature you may not know about is the home button. If it is green, then the rudder control on your throttle is set up as an addition slider instead up rudder control. If the home button is pushed and is highlighted red. Then the Rudder control on your throttle is just a secondary way to use rudder if you don't like to twist the stick. In other words green turns it into a slider, red makes it an alternative rudder control. Hope all that helps.

Edit, The only thing I didn't clear when setting it up was the pre assigned Hat Switch set up because it worked fine. I also did notice that 1 of my buttons was assigned to look at my compass and I couldn't find where to turn this feature off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users