- - - - -

1CGS Announces Ilya Muromets Flight-Sim in Development

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#41 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 16 June 2014 - 16:38

Bandy,
the 'problem' is that this project is financed by some institute and so it can't be included in RoF.
They need their 'own' project they paid for.
That's all.

#42 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 16 June 2014 - 16:51

Don't get me wrong, I understood that and the business aspects too. But it's not going to hide what would have been best for the WWI community as a whole.

I don't want to fly single player vs. AI, it's just soulless to me. I can say that after years of flying single player… Like I said, time will tell.

#43 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 16 June 2014 - 16:56

Go online!
Highly recommended from a former single player.
The joy after initial huge frustration :!: is unbelievable, believe me ;)
First kill online is unforgettable:

#44 B24_LIBERATOR

B24_LIBERATOR
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 16 June 2014 - 17:15

Bandy,
the 'problem' is that this project is financed by some institute and so it can't be included in RoF.
That's all.

But if it were to be an add-on in RoF could you not just put "this plane/map were funded by this institution and X amount of each sale will go towards donations to fund their museum"?

Liberator's Tutorials: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=438268482

tahhfk.jpg

#45 BigQ

BigQ

Posted 16 June 2014 - 17:44

This is not happening, this not happening…. Seriously? Dont you have, i don't know, like RoF Career to finish or something like that, besides scarfs for 2.5$?
And enlight me, maybe i've missed something, what's the big business idea behind releasing the basicaly same WW1 sim but with mouse control ability (Anybody believes that this will increase sales??? Another Red Orchestra 2 with unlocks system, that in fact decreased sales)
Ok, not my circus, not my monkeys, but this is completely unreasonable in that kind of niche.

#46 =CAM=mb339pan

=CAM=mb339pan
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 June 2014 - 18:03

advice. finished a first project and then we started another, since we are still waiting for a plane, I do not think even doing another preorder a false add-on

RoF if has to die, say so.

The channel map was a flop, very few people possess it in mp, hopefully this is not another waste of time and resources …

#47 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 16 June 2014 - 18:25

On the store :
HP400 => 12.5 $
Channel map => 16.99 $

So if the price is around 30 $, we do not pay any "duplicate" from RoF

They haven't mentioned the price point yet, but if you consider that the Standard Edition of BOS is an 8 Planeset standalone sim and the “ILya Muromets” project is scheduled to be an 8 Planeset standalone sim, what makes you think the price will be much different?

#48 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 16 June 2014 - 18:30

[…] I do not think even doing another preorder a false add-on
RoF if has to die, say so.

The channel map was a flop, very few people possess it in mp, hopefully this is not another waste of time and resources …

From BoS forums (emphasis mine)

A: The end date of no more content and tweaks to ROF is as of yet undecided by 1C-777. When we release the Hanriot this summer we will assess what we are going to do. As products get older the return on investment fades and new content does not necessarily sell as well as in the beginning making the continued work on ROF more difficult to justify, but we will continue to assess the situation.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#49 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 16 June 2014 - 18:32

Is it the same 3D model of the Sikorsky Ilya Muromets that Korontari built last year?

#50 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 16 June 2014 - 18:34

Is it the same 3D model of the Sikorsky Ilya Muromets that Korontari built last year?

Again form BoS forum:

Q.
Is the Ilya Muromets based on the one, which was build as a 3D Model by a modder which could be seen on some screenshots in the RoF for

A. It started that way and we purchased it and finished it to our specs and tweaked it for our engine. This model was very good and it has been rare when we have had to opportunity to do something like this.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#51 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 16 June 2014 - 18:37

That's nice to hear, a community product making it in. Cheers to Korontari.

#52 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 16 June 2014 - 18:37

A: The end date of no more content and tweaks to ROF is as of yet undecided by 1C-777. When we release the Hanriot this summer we will assess what we are going to do. As products get older the return on investment fades and new content does not necessarily sell as well as in the beginning making the continued work on ROF more difficult to justify, but we will continue to assess the situation.

Well, that's not too encouraging now is it…
:?

#53 thenorm

thenorm

Posted 16 June 2014 - 18:41

Well, who knows, maybe the couple of lines about "ROF2" will move beyond hypothetical. Only time will tell, I suppose.

#54 arthursmedley

arthursmedley

Posted 16 June 2014 - 18:45

I said NO POLITICS.

Jason

#55 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 16 June 2014 - 18:48

That's nice to hear, a community product making it in. Cheers to Korontari.

+1
"There will be honor enough for us all."

#56 =CAM=mb339pan

=CAM=mb339pan
  • LocationItaly

Posted 16 June 2014 - 18:53

yes yes, this summer blablabla…

but my question is very simple. RoF die? respond with a yes or a no, easy! :S!:

#57 thenorm

thenorm

Posted 16 June 2014 - 19:01

It's not usually that simple. Anyway, we will have to see how the sales of this, as well as the Hanriot and it's mods will affect things. Personally, I would of course love to see ROF's development continue, but there is the question of how viable that is. If ROF II becomes a reality, and is able to continue from there, that would be excellent as well. In any case, when they say that they haven't decided about the future of ROF, I expect that is true, and its not a simple yes or no whether this will continue on at this point.

#58 John_Fenton

John_Fenton

Posted 16 June 2014 - 19:06

IL 2 —- IL 2 Team Daedalus 4.12
Falcon 4 —– Falcon BMS
Jane's F18 —– F18 TSH
Rise of Flight —— ???

Might not be so bad…
Just need a core group of passionate simmers.

#59 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 16 June 2014 - 19:31

Wow! The Imperial Russian Air Service, an Ilya Muromets, Nieuport 17s, and….Russian licensed built SPAD VIIs? Oh my, another SPAD…:D Super neat-o, to the extreme. I am really into this project and I will dump my DCS aspirations, for this. SPAD news for DCS third party devs, good news for 1CGS…. and me, obviously.

:S!: MJ

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#60 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 16 June 2014 - 19:36

For those that are concerned about the Hanriot, it will be released second half of July.

Jason

#61 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 16 June 2014 - 19:39

Again form BoS forum:

Q.
Is the Ilya Muromets based on the one, which was build as a 3D Model by a modder which could be seen on some screenshots in the RoF for

A. It started that way and we purchased it and finished it to our specs and tweaked it for our engine. This model was very good and it has been rare when we have had to opportunity to do something like this.

Thanks Trupobaw, I lost interest in reading the BOS forum months ago.

#62 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 16 June 2014 - 19:43

For those that are concerned about the Hanriot, it will be released second half of July.

Jason

I am definitely a member of the those concerned about the Hanriot crowd. This is epic news, Jason. Thanks for the heads up! ;)

:S!: MJ

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#63 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 16 June 2014 - 19:44

Bandy,
That's all.

But if it were to be an add-on in RoF could you not just put "this plane/map were funded by this institution and X amount of each sale will go towards donations to fund their museum"?

No, when you lay out a good amount of money to pay for the development, it get's it's own SKU. Plus, it helps us get attention from media and retailers as a new separate product. Just the way of the world.

Luckily we were able to put it all together without much impact on our current development schedule.

More products bringing in revenue to the company and team funds more stuff in the future.

Jason

#64 arthursmedley

arthursmedley

Posted 16 June 2014 - 19:48

Would you care to tell us more about your new development partners, the Russian Military Historical Society, Jason?

#65 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 16 June 2014 - 19:52

Jason
Any news on whether Historical Skinpack 16 & Fictional Skinpack 16 will be released with it?

#66 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 16 June 2014 - 20:02

Jason_Williams wrote:

Jason

Any news on whether Historical Skinpack 16 & Fictional Skinpack 16 will be released with it?

21st July will be a nice date (Belgium's National Day).

And any news about Strutter camera & bombsight?

515024ActionjoeScreen.jpg

#67 B24_LIBERATOR

B24_LIBERATOR
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 16 June 2014 - 20:04

Bandy,
That's all.

No, when you lay out a good amount of money to pay for the development, it get's it's own SKU. Plus, it helps us get attention from media and retailers as a new separate product. Just the way of the world.

Luckily we were able to put it all together without much impact on our current development schedule.

More products bringing in revenue to the company and team funds more stuff in the future.

Jason

And we won't be getting the map/aircraft in RoF? Is it at all possible to have a separate game and a RoF add-on? I personally am not all that interested in the Eastern front but I know there are plenty of people on here who are, and a little diversity doesn't hurt.

I own most of the planes and the channel map and would probably purchase them for RoF if they were released as add-ons, but I don't want to buy and download another game just to fly that bomber around. I can understand that the backing for the game wants to make it separate but will they not allow you to sell it for RoF but still give them a % of the profit as donations?

Liberator's Tutorials: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=438268482

tahhfk.jpg

#68 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 16 June 2014 - 20:15

Would you care to tell us more about your new development partners, the Russian Military Historical Society, Jason?

http://voiceofrussia...istory-Society/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://voiceofrussia.../2013_03_14/Mos … y-Society/

The society will promote the study of Russia’s military history to commemorate the fallen, maintain historical monuments and explore ancient battlegrounds.

#69 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 16 June 2014 - 20:23

Well, from their website (google trad)
2.1. The Company (Society) was established in order to:

- Consolidation of the forces of the state and society in the study of military-historical past of Russia;
- Promote the study of Russian military history and countering attempts at distortion;
- Help popularize the achievements of military-historical science;
- Education of patriotism;
- To raise the prestige of military service;
- Preservation of Military History, Cultural Heritage.

515024ActionjoeScreen.jpg

#70 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 16 June 2014 - 20:28

Guys,

I'm going to say this again. No politics. We are just a game developer who is making a game about a war 100 years ago. If you don't like this product because of contemporary political issues, please keep it to yourself.

Jason

#71 Dr.Zebra

Dr.Zebra

Posted 16 June 2014 - 20:38

Good luck with the new product, I hope it finds many customers

That said, I also hope you re-consider the understanble buisness decision to skip career mode, as the needed research to make it good would cost many hours. But thinking, since you are working with a historical society and many RoFers are knowledgeable and helpfull, it might be possible to crowdsource a bit of that and have successive "typical" muromets missions in a campaignpackage (it might even be released later) I think that might make a sellingpoint.

and on a sidenote:
If a bit of manhours fall off, giving the albi d5 that tiny bit of more speed it needs to not be a "downgraded d3" and wich was it´s historical reason to stay in service would be greatly apreciated.

#72 blackram

blackram

Posted 16 June 2014 - 20:41

We simply make flight-sims and are a business with no other motives.

So from "Loft has a dream" to "its a business with no other motives"…..what a motivation for us to buy your future products. good luck with that

#73 BigQ

BigQ

Posted 16 June 2014 - 21:12

So from "Loft has a dream" to "its a business with no other motives"…..what a motivation for us to buy your future products. good luck with that

Well said. That's what i've noticed too.

Briiiiilliant, just brilliant! I think you just miss the point and definition of a "product". How do you think, why ppl paid money for first, much retarded, release of RoF? What did they expected? For sure they did not expect that RoF is going to be some short-lived selling platform for some scarfs and other bullshit. Ppl bought it because they were counting on real content (planes, some life on the ground, career and such), because they understood how difficult is to deliver complete thing in one release. You probably think that creating a selling payable addons, planes etc was doing us a big favour. No! Buying them was doing you a favour so you could keep it running… Im still waiting for finished Career.

#74 arthursmedley

arthursmedley

Posted 16 June 2014 - 21:14

Guys,

I'm going to say this again. No politics.
Jason

Jason, the chairman of the Russian Military History Society just also happens to be the Russian Minister of Culture.

#75 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 16 June 2014 - 21:49

Well that massive Bomber looks awesome, but not including it in ROF and not having it included in multiplayer is a deal killer IMHO. I can't justify buying this myself, especially if the flight models are the same.Regardless of MHOP, Good luck with the project.

S!Blade<><

#76 MPcdn

MPcdn

Posted 16 June 2014 - 21:50

Other than the new plan is there any more changes going to be made to ROF, No game up date in almost a year (27 Aug 13)or is it as is and new stuff will be in ROF2?

Is ROF2 really in development?

When is ROF2 planned to come out?

#77 Frankyboy

Frankyboy

Posted 16 June 2014 - 21:53

………….

…………………………

that's the best part of all the News for me !

#78 1PL-Sahaj-1Esk

1PL-Sahaj-1Esk

Posted 16 June 2014 - 21:58

Great news, everything that feeds the WWI aviation genre is great news to me and for our WWI dedicated squad !

The light on the WWI horizont was very necessary as of lately, good news indeed !

We stand ready to help out if needed.

S!

kpt. pil. / Capt. Sahaj / Operations Officer / 1. Eskadra Mysliwska / 1. Pulk Lotniczy / http://www.1pl.boo.pl

bannerf11esks.png?raw=1

http://warthog-extensions-by-sahaj.com

#79 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 16 June 2014 - 22:07

Guys,

I'm going to say this again. No politics.
Jason

Jason, the chairman of the Russian Military History Society just also happens to be the Russian Minister of Culture.
Who gives a flying F**K whether he holds a political office, it does not mean the Russian Military History Society is political.
Why do you people keep trying to inject politics into this forum?
You want discus politics GO to a political forum.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#80 ciki

ciki

Posted 16 June 2014 - 22:09

Great !!!!!!!!!! Will there be a balkans / macedonian front ? Or Farmans at least? They were the workhorses of early allied aviation incl. russian… none of them in RoF.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users