• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:53

Dear Pilots,

We are proud to announce that the 1CGS development team has recently begun work on ILYA MUROMETS, a new standalone flight-sim in cooperation with the Russian Military Historical Society. It will cover a little explored part of the WWI air war – the Eastern Front. Ilya Muromets will feature the gigantic and legendary four-engine bomber of the same name which saw action on the Eastern Front in service of the Imperial Russian Air Force. This plane can be considered the genesis of the multi-engine long-range strategic bombers of later conflicts.

More info can be found on the Ilya Muromets website and in the discussion forum.

http://www.ilyamuromets.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ilyamuromets.net

http://ilyamuromets....c/3-about-game/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ilyamuromets....c/3-about-game/

IM_1.jpg

Ilya Muromets will feature several additional fighter planes and attack planes from Russia, Germany and Austro-Hungary. A map covering a portion of the Eastern Front near the Ukrainian frontier will be included. This was an active theatre for the Ilya Muromets during the war where several famous missions took place. Speaking of missions, Ilya Moruments will include a set of challenging single-player mission scenarios along with a quick mission builder and multiplayer capability.

Ilya Muromets will be built on the same game engine that powers Rise of Flight: The First Great Air, but will be sold and marketed as an independent product in cooperation with the Russian Military Historical Society who has provided funding to allow the Ilya Muromets to once again take to the skies. Existing ROF customers can experience the Eastern Front by purchasing Ilya Morumets.

Expected release will be Q4' 2014. Early Access is targeted for August 1st.

Sincerely,

The 1CGS Team

:D

Attached Images

• IM_2.jpg
  • IM_4.jpg
  • IM_5.jpg
  • IM_3.jpg
  • IM_6.jpg
  • IM_7.jpg
  • IM_8.jpg
  • IM_9.jpg
  • IM_10.jpg
  • IM_11.jpg

#2 Rover_27

Rover_27

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:27

Well, that was unexpected! Thank you for great news! Congratulations!

#3 SYN_Jedders

SYN_Jedders

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:38

Great to see WW1 getting some love. Good luck with the project, guys!.

(Pity it isn't available as an ingame update for RoF tho)

#4 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:39

Guys,

I will try to answer some of the basic questions you will have.

1.) Q: Why is this separate product and not part of ROF proper? Many users have expressed interest having an Eastern Front add-on for ROF. Why do they need to purchase something separate which can easily be added to ROF’s existing store and architecture?

A: This product is funded by the Russian WWI Historical Society and it makes sense to market such a product independently without requiring users to download and install a separate product not necessarily focusing on the Ilya Muromets which is the star of this product. Additionally, this product will include a new control scheme that would require a huge re-write of existing code for all planes in ROF since special work is needed to allow our planes to fly with a mouse, but still adhere to our engine’s realistic attributes. Adding that functionality to all ROF planes is expensive and time consuming. It would also no doubt be controversial for existing users who fly with traditional flight-controls. Ilya Morumets allows us to create this new control option without upsetting current ROF gameplay norms. It also allows us to utilize our experience gained making and selling BOS to better attract interested retailers and new customers.

2:) Q: So is the team working simultaniously on BoS and this sim or are there different teams working on each?

A:) No same team does both.

3:) Can you for instance take a plane which you bought in RoF and fly it in this sim?

A:) No they are separate products and cannot be mixed and matched.

Jason

#5 SYN_Jedders

SYN_Jedders

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:46

Was just gonna post this, Jason. Thanks for the reply and clarification.

#6 PilsnerPilot

PilsnerPilot
  • LocationPilsen, Czech Republic

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:50

A great and unexpected news. :S!:

#7 Rover_27

Rover_27

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:11

Does it mean we'll have to re-purchase other 7 planes? Will it come as one package?

#8 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:16

Does it mean we'll have to re-purchase other 7 planes? Will it come as one package?

No it is a single, standalone package.

Jason

#9 yeikov

yeikov

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:29

Wow, what a nice Monday surprise… Best of luck with the project, nice to see a History institution funding a project like this!
And thanks Jason for the quick Q&A, looking forward to the EA :)

#10 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:57

Great!!! :S!:

Well, except of that mouse-aim…

#11 Flashy

Flashy
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:09

Wow! awesome plane and great news!

I have to ask though - is it not possible to do this both as a separate product and an addition to RoF? Surely the plane could be added to RoF without the new control scheme, thus removing the need to add the new control scheme to other RoF planes? We already have support in RoF for 4 engined planes..

Just because I can give multiple orgasms to the furniture just by sitting on it, doesn't mean that I'm not sick of this damn war: the blood, the noise, the endless poetry...

#12 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:19

Congrats. Can't say I'm not a little sad to hear it will be independent of RoF, but I understand that with funding like that there is the goal of reaching a very wide audience.

#13 Voidhunger

Voidhunger

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:57

Great news, but I have two questions.

1) Will the game use ROF engine or improved BOS engine?

2) Will the campaign be the same as BOS or different kind?

#14 MarcoRossolini

MarcoRossolini
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:59

Looks like we know now where all the development for RoF has gone. ;)

Good luck to you, bit peeved though about this mouse aim nonsense but you can't have everything…

It strikes me that there's a serious amount of cash that has been invested into 777/1C from a variety of sources and not just the Russian historical society…

#15 MarcoRossolini

MarcoRossolini

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:04

Interesting little snippet from the IM forum…

- No, this is not. ROF 2 will have way more new features and improvements
- This is flesh and blood of ROF, no specific IL2BOS features were moved here.

ROF 2 will have way more new features and improvements

Begin the rumour mill lads!

#16 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:29

@ MarcoRossolini, Your posts seams a little negative,what is the purpose?

I think that this NEW sim is a good thing for 777/1C. It gives them a new source of capitol,and can only benefit ROF, BOS, and of course IM.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#17 MarcoRossolini

MarcoRossolini

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:37

Honestly, I'm a bit sad that it's to be a whole new sim rather than sticking to RoF. I do hope I didn't come off too negative, it's cool to be seeing all this cash going into 777/1C.

What I'm not looking forward to though either is this mouse aim stuff… got me worried… We'll see, I'll certainly be getting it.

#18 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:47

Exciting news Jason! Will certainly be keeping my eyes to the future! :D

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#19 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 16 June 2014 - 13:14

Oh great - one more plane I have to buy new skin profile reference materials for … :lol:

Seriously, this sounds great and I'm really looking forward to skinning this new bird (and flying and attacking it too, of course).

Thanks for letting us know about this - looking forward to the early access :S!:

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#20 jeanba4

jeanba4

Posted 16 June 2014 - 13:26

Actually, if the stuff (map, Muromets) developped for the sim could be available independantly for RoF as stad alone, it could be a good news for us.

But anyway, I am looking forward for more info on this simu, and if it comes to expectation, I will gladly buy it.

#21 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 16 June 2014 - 14:51

Great news, but I have two questions.

1) Will the game use ROF engine or improved BOS engine?

2) Will the campaign be the same as BOS or different kind?

Ok now I'm awake after I got some sleep.

1. It will have the exact same engine as ROF.

2. There is only QMB, Single-Missions and MP. No Career mode.

Jason

#22 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 16 June 2014 - 14:55

I have to ask though - is it not possible to do this both as a separate product and an addition to RoF? Surely the plane could be added to RoF without the new control scheme, thus removing the need to add the new control scheme to other RoF planes? We already have support in RoF for 4 engined planes..

2.) Q: Why can’t you give us two codes – one for standalone customers and once for adding this plane and map to ROF?

A: This would add confusion to the marketplace and incur further costs of supporting both products and greatly increase costs related to bandwidth and other support mechanisms. We feel incurring those costs are not necessary for ROF users to experience the eastern front if they are interested in the theater. Simply purchase and play Ilya Muromets as a separate, but somewhat familiar product.

Jason

#23 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 16 June 2014 - 14:57

Looks like we know now where all the development for RoF has gone. ;)

Good luck to you, bit peeved though about this mouse aim nonsense but you can't have everything…

It strikes me that there's a serious amount of cash that has been invested into 777/1C from a variety of sources and not just the Russian historical society…

Some additional info I left out of the post above. Please don't worry about the mouse control.

To further build interest in the flight-sim genre, Ilya Muromets will debut a newly designed control option that allows using the mouse and keyboard to fly aircraft. However, our mouse and keyboard control option has been specially designed to keep realistic performance, physics and limits of the aircraft in place, while increasing accessibility for those that do not have easy access to advanced flight-controls or the money to invest in such devices. Our blend of mouse-control and advanced physics is unique to the genre and will be ground-breaking. It will allow more casual simmers to fly and fight without being in an arcade environment. Traditional control options for joysticks, pedals and head-tracking will also be included.

Jason

#24 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 16 June 2014 - 15:05

#25 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 16 June 2014 - 15:21

Let me make this clear.

1. No politics.

2. No attacking the Historical Society.

We simply make flight-sims and are a business with no other motives.

Jason

#26 ER_Rawlings

ER_Rawlings
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 June 2014 - 15:29

I don't know if you deleted my post or if there was an error.

But in my opinion, it is still just a new way to make money. If it is the really same as RoF, why is it then a new game? The new control seems to be the same as War Thunder and it is just a try, to get a bigger community.

Sorry, but I think this will be just another sim which kills RoF and BoS slowly.

Plane: Yes
Map: Yes
New Game: NO!
New "Control": NO!

S! again

Rawlings

76561198093584915.png

6309e3edc5.jpg

#27 Flashy

Flashy
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 16 June 2014 - 15:35

2.) Q: Why can’t you give us two codes – one for standalone customers and once for adding this plane and map to ROF?

A: This would add confusion to the marketplace and incur further costs of supporting both products and greatly increase costs related to bandwidth and other support mechanisms. We feel incurring those costs are not necessary for ROF users to experience the eastern front if they are interested in the theater. Simply purchase and play Ilya Muromets as a separate, but somewhat familiar product.

Jason

Fair enough. Looking forward to trying this beast - the modelling looks top notch as usual!

Traditional control options for joysticks, pedals and head-tracking will also be included.

Jason

Phew! Really glad this will be the case - wasnt looking forward to flying with a mouse..

Just because I can give multiple orgasms to the furniture just by sitting on it, doesn't mean that I'm not sick of this damn war: the blood, the noise, the endless poetry...

#28 SYN_Mike77

SYN_Mike77

Posted 16 June 2014 - 15:40

"But in my opinion, it is still just a new way to make money."

Yeah! How dare a company try to make money! They should be doing this as a service to us. If they really must eat and stuff they should try pan handling.

Seriously, I don't see any problem with this at all. They are layering a better mouse control (you do realize you can already use the mouse as a controller in both RoF and BoS right now don't you?) It is being funded by an outside group for a specific purpose (educational from the sound of it) and it is thus presented in a way to reach the most people. It's RoF eastern front. If you don't like that idea don't buy it. But it will have no impact of RoF except possibly bring more people to the game or to help fund a true RoF 2 conversion to BoS standards. I swear, if Santa Claus were real some people would bitch about that once a year nonsense.

#29 jeanba4

jeanba4

Posted 16 June 2014 - 15:48

I am ok with the technical clarifications from Jason.
After all, he is the business man, if he thinks that the mouse control will attract more users, that's ok (though I will not use it very often).
If we buy Muromets while RoF owners, I hope the end overcost for the aircraft I bought in RoF will not be too high.
So I expect a "moderate price"

#30 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 16 June 2014 - 15:53

Sorry, but I think this will be just another sim which kills RoF and BoS slowly.

Rawlings

Well, I think quite the opposite, it will keep them alive, because of well spent (for a sim comunity, LOL) money by a certain goverment… (to put it this bluntly).

#31 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 16 June 2014 - 15:55

If it is the really same as RoF, why is it then a new game? The new control seems to be the same as War Thunder and it is just a try, to get a bigger community.

If it is easier to publish Eastern Front ROF as separate product, why not? New partners, new product - that historical society is likely uninterested in making DLC expansion for RoF (I doubt I would be in their place). Unless it'll somehow starve RoF of updates (unlikely, planes should be portable between games).

Anyway, good to see 777/1CGS gaining momentum.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#32 B24_LIBERATOR

B24_LIBERATOR
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 16 June 2014 - 15:59

Why not publish the map and plane(s?) with RoF and give them the money through sales? We already have to buy separate maps & planes, and everything else why a whole new game?

Liberator's Tutorials: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=438268482

tahhfk.jpg

#33 ER_Rawlings

ER_Rawlings
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 June 2014 - 16:05

Rawlings

Well, I think quite on the contrary, it will keep them alive, because of well spent (for a sim comunity, LOL) money by a certain goverment… (to put it this bluntly).

"But in my opinion, it is still just a new way to make money."

Yeah! How dare a company try to make money! They should be doing this as a service to us. If they really must eat and stuff they should try pan handling.

Seriously, I don't see any problem with this at all. They are layering a better mouse control (you do realize you can already use the mouse as a controller in both RoF and BoS right now don't you?) It is being funded by an outside group for a specific purpose (educational from the sound of it) and it is thus presented in a way to reach the most people. It's RoF eastern front. If you don't like that idea don't buy it. But it will have no impact of RoF except possibly bring more people to the game or to help fund a true RoF 2 conversion to BoS standards. I swear, if Santa Claus were real some people would bitch about that once a year nonsense.

If it is the really same as RoF, why is it then a new game? The new control seems to be the same as War Thunder and it is just a try, to get a bigger community.

If it is easier to publish Eastern Front ROF as separate product, why not? New partners, new product - that historical society is likely uninterested in making DLC expansion for RoF (I doubt I would be in their place). Unless it'll somehow starve RoF of updates (unlikely, planes should be portable between games).

Anyway, good to see 777/1CGS gaining momentum.

I think I don't found the right words. I really like the idea with the eastern front. But we will have to buy everything new. I know that a company have to make money, sure, but not in that way. I looked at the forum of Ilya Muromets and saw, that the first planes will be the following:

Russian empire
♦ Nieuport 17.C1 (fighter)
♦ Nieuport 11.C1 (fighter)
♦ SPAD 7.C1 (fighter, 1917 )
♦ “ILya Muromets” (bomber)

The enemy:
♦ Roland CIIa (recon)
♦ Albatros D.II (fighter)
♦ Albatros D.III (fighter)
♦ DFW C.V (recon)

And I really don't like to buy the whole game, just to have 7 planes, I have in RoF. If there was a way, to unlock them for RoF pilots It would be more than awesome.

I think it is a great project, but it goes the wrong way.

S!

Rawlings

76561198093584915.png

6309e3edc5.jpg

#34 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 16 June 2014 - 16:12

…if Santa Claus were real some people would bitch about that once a year nonsense.
What? Santa doesn't come through out the year for you Mike? Your parents ripped you off buddy… :?

:lol:

#35 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 16 June 2014 - 16:13

@ Raw

If you don't like it, just don't buy it.
I like flying the early planes (no Camels/Dr.Is), so I'll pre-order it for sure.
But not only for that.
I want to support the guys.

#36 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 16 June 2014 - 16:17

If it has a proper D.III I will certainly buy it and support it!

#37 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 16 June 2014 - 16:17

And I really don't like to buy the whole game, just to have 7 planes, I have in RoF. If there was a way, to unlock them for RoF pilots It would be more than awesome.

I think it is a great project, but it goes the wrong way.

S!

Rawlings

Depends on product and the price. By the look of things IM is the main part of this product, other planes are there to keep it company. Maybe you will be buying whole game to get new map and IM, and the other 7 planes will come with it for free?

It all depends on whether and how will this game be expanded (thing we don't know about BoS yet). It may stay one-off game centered around single plane with no future expansions, with 777 going back to RoF, or it may bring more planes that did not appear on Western Front. Unless 777 starts re-releasing RoF planes for IM at full price so we have to buy *these* again, there is no problem.

If it has a proper D.III I will certainly buy it and support it!

Amen to that. And if it makes it back to RoF I'll buy it again :D.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#38 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 16 June 2014 - 16:23

Sry guys, but Jason said D.III. will be the same as in RoF (no time a.t.m. for different version iirc).
I think this IM project is a big chance to get some money for devs and I'm sure it will pay off in future (for us).

#39 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 16 June 2014 - 16:29

I understand the position of some, after all we'll be purchasing another flight sim that we already own, containing seven aircraft all of us likely have paid for as DLC (IM is a package deal apparently), and getting the Muromets and an Eastern front map as new content.

It all depends on the price point IMHO. If it is on the order of the Channel Map then it could be appealing.

Best case scenario for us as a community would have been integration with RoF, no doubt, because it may divide an already small WWI MP community between these games. There was some of this when the Channel map was released. As soon as it came up in our server mission rotation many people left because they didn't have it. It has gotten better, so I suppose time will tell.

:S!:

#40 jeanba4

jeanba4

Posted 16 June 2014 - 16:37

On the store :
HP400 => 12.5 $
Channel map => 16.99 $

So if the price is around 30 $, we do not pay any "duplicate" from RoF

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users