Photo
- - - - -

Thanks

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Chaos

Chaos

Posted 31 October 2009 - 03:40

Thank you neoqb, all your hard work on 1.008 has paid off and shows the dedication you have to make your game perfect.

#2 Chill31

Chill31

Posted 31 October 2009 - 04:22

+1

#3 Coradan

Coradan

Posted 31 October 2009 - 05:05

+10

Coradan

#4 stethnorun

stethnorun

Posted 31 October 2009 - 07:26

In talking to some of the folks at neoqb, one of things that REALLY jumps out is that they want you guys to LOVE this game. It means everything to them. And being the passionate Russians that they are, I got the feeling that the past few months of people griping (some deserved, some not) kind of disheartened them a bit. They knew that great stuff was around the corner (and still more is coming!) but given the way game development works, much of it is "hush-hush" until right before an update release. I'm sure lots of game developers care deeply for their projects, but I can tell you from personal experience, these guys almost view it like another child.

So I guess what I'm saying is, they take your critiques VERY seriously but they also, more than almost anything, want you guys to be happy playing RoF. Knowing that this update has made you all excited, I'm sure, means a lot to them.

So I'll add my own thanks to this thread and also express my optimism that this is just the start of great things ahead. A year from now looking back, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the turning point where RoF truly took off in a big way. And how fitting would that be, given the introduction of the Camel and Dr.I?

#5 =MFC=Gunloon

=MFC=Gunloon

Posted 01 November 2009 - 09:05

In talking to some of the folks at neoqb, one of things that REALLY jumps out is that they want you guys to LOVE this game. It means everything to them. And being the passionate Russians that they are, I got the feeling that the past few months of people griping (some deserved, some not) kind of disheartened them a bit. They knew that great stuff was around the corner (and still more is coming!) but given the way game development works, much of it is "hush-hush" until right before an update release. I'm sure lots of game developers care deeply for their projects, but I can tell you from personal experience, these guys almost view it like another child.

So I guess what I'm saying is, they take your critiques VERY seriously but they also, more than almost anything, want you guys to be happy playing RoF. Knowing that this update has made you all excited, I'm sure, means a lot to them.

So I'll add my own thanks to this thread and also express my optimism that this is just the start of great things ahead. A year from now looking back, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the turning point where RoF truly took off in a big way. And how fitting would that be, given the introduction of the Camel and Dr.I?

I very much agree. Even my own cynical self has observed the care and attention to detail put into every aspect of the sim since I encountered it…this has always struck me as a genuine labor of love.

I confess I haven't flown much lately; between the fatigue due to my disability and the constant petty bickering I've seen in the forums all too often, I just haven't been able to get too excited about it, and I've missed that excitement.

Gotta say, it kinda sucks the life out of you to keep seeing an ongoing stream of flame posts that mostly seem to be variants of the 'you're ugly and your mother dresses you funny' theme whenever I duck into the forums. Perhaps I let them affect me overly, but I've wondered many a time why folks feel the need to be so downright nasty with those they supposedly share the same interest with! It seems like a lot of effort wasted over trivia…I hate waste, and more, in my experience keeping such a vitriolic frame of mind is corrosive to the spirit.

Thankfully, this seems to have calmed down a bit of late, and with the ongoing bug fixes improving the sim as well as the two nifty new planes happening as well, I'm feeling better about ROF than I have in a while.

I've spent several hours this weekend practicing with the Camel and Dr.I (much more is needed!) and am again getting that pleasant 'gee whiz' feeling about flying again. Nice!

There's clearly loads of stuff that still needs doing to improve ROF, but between my own impressions and reading your comments I'm feeling pretty optimistic again.

Glad I ran across this thread, this is the first time in a couple of months I've wanted to post…thanks for that!

[MF] Gunloon

#6 WWBrian

WWBrian

Posted 01 November 2009 - 14:48

Gunloon"]

I've spent several hours this weekend practicing with the Camel and Dr.I (much more is needed!) and am again getting that pleasant 'gee whiz' feeling about flying again. Nice!

[MF] Gunloon

Yes, it was good to see you out there flying again Gunloon!

S!

#7 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 01 November 2009 - 20:00

No more disconnection with the master server, no more problems with the AI shooting you down in less than 10 seconds, new planes just wonderfull, game's running even with no required graphic card power, all is perfect in your fantastic sim… 10/10 for the new patch!
Greatings from a French flyer
Philippe

#8 Executioner

Executioner

Posted 01 November 2009 - 22:05

Haven't played an awful lof of time yet since last update… but this sounds promising! :D

#9 Rondog

Rondog

Posted 07 November 2009 - 17:59

Just purchased game, updated itself with no problems, registered game with no problems.
Started training missions, got impatient, and went to fly now. Damaged wings on take-off, started sightseeing, amazed at how good looking this simulation is. Then my wings started falling off. Awesome!!!
After reading these forum posts I just had to say: THANK YOU for making this program! Your hard work shows and is very much appreciated!!!!
I intend to buy several planes and support you at every turn. Thanks again!!!
Now, back to that training program… :|

#10 Rondog

Rondog

Posted 07 November 2009 - 18:06

Attached File  2009_11_7__8_0_6.jpg   84.95KB   347 downloads

#11 Gimpy117

Gimpy117

Posted 12 November 2009 - 16:22

i'm glad to see a lot of changes in the log for ROF after the infamous 1.007
my motherboard blew so im in process of getting a new one (curse you biostar :evil: ) but i cannot wait to see what you russians have been up to ;)

sounds like 1.009 is gonna be awesome too!

#12 BigQ

BigQ

Posted 13 November 2009 - 11:35

I just want The Devs to know i completely love this sim and i can't stop flying it every day. Some things annoyed me in the past and i behaved like a child which doesn't know how much effort must be put in such a project. Now, when The Devs know how important communication with fanbase is, i know that this great sim is going in right direction. BIG THANKS!

#13 stethnorun

stethnorun

Posted 13 November 2009 - 20:16

…(curse you biostar :evil: )…

My friend was about to get a Biostar mobo the other day…they looked sketchy from the outset and he changed to some other brand…good thing too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users