Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Aces Falling server

• Please log in to reply
556 replies to this topic

#121 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 14 May 2014 - 11:27

Yes, I salivated for a while when looking on this throttle quadrant few weeks ago, definitely going to buy it someday. Does it work stand-alone? No other Saitek thingy needed?

Plug & play ;)

After some time levers become a bit spiky, but for rad/mixture usage it's no prob.
I noticed the spiking (spelling?) when I wanted to asign one of the levers to zoom axis.
The 'picture' was not steady but bit jerky.
But again, good for rad/mix IMHO.

It's bigger than you would guess by picture and has three 2-way switches, which makes 6 additional key-mappings possible.

#122 Gump

Gump

Posted 14 May 2014 - 16:16

yeah locksmith, i noticed the vacancy too. wanted to see how the new settings would effect the play, but nobody there.
so i went over to the tuesday night fly-in, where there seemed to be some numbers (such as would be expected on AF). TNF has different rules regarding dogfighting, but there seemed to be some trouble with AF/FC type of behavior/dogfighting. i wonder if some of the regular AF crowd went over there?
anyways, it's too soon to judge the success of the new AF.
so, while i was in TNF last night, i purposely flew without icons. certainly took me longer to find/ID the
traffic. but i could still see map icons, which i used much to get a general idea/direction. wargrounds doesn't even have map icons when you are in the plane. someone got me wondering if the new AF has only map icons, or all the icons?

#123 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 14 May 2014 - 16:41

Only Icon that is not showing is your own position on the map. Everything else seems to be there.

Dann gibt's Heulen und Zähne klammern, für das ganze Lumpenpack.
Dann ist Schluss mit "Tischlein deck' dich", da gibt's "Knüppel aus dem Sack"!

#124 The_Locksmith

The_Locksmith

Posted 14 May 2014 - 21:27

While im at work fixing locks, I look forward to playing on aces falling. But right now there is only 8 guys playing, and i checked earlier in the afternoon and the most i found was 14 if i recall. Its just stinks that not a lot of people are on. Where did they go? i dont think they went to a different server, because aces falling was still the most populated. So i guess people are not even playing ROF? these are just my guesses. *I dont want to be THAT guy saying i dont think these changes are good for the server's population*, but it seems so that way. As i was pretty excited for the changes. Its only been about 2-3 days, but i miss coming home from work, and seeing 20+ pilots in the server. On the weekends, like sunday, the server is pretty darn full, 35+, so hopefully this weekend more people will be showing up!

*Sid, i am not trying to bad mouth you or the server. Im just giving my $.02 :S!:

#125 SC-Sp00k

SC-Sp00k

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:21

13 pages in, its time I gave my 0.02 cents Australian, which is sitting at 94 cents to the USD so worth a grand total of a ball of lint.

As a Boom and Zoomer and almost exclusively BnZ, the AF set up for once meets furballer and BnZ requirements. At least to a point but far closer than Circus did. I flew regularly in Circus because they're a good crowd and it was all there was outside of Wargrounds , (New Wings learner servers not withstanding, which was Circus but with noobs who admitted they were noobs). I actually preferred "WG", but rarely flew there as my Squadron and sister Squadron preferred Circus. (damn Camel jockeys)

I never felt Circus with its bevy of icons and spoon-fed information suited anyone but the furballers. Those "Hey here I am 60 miles away" icons certainly are not conducive to Spad operations. Not to say, you cant get kills, but you could only do it by interrupting or introducing yourself to other peoples fights. A common complaint of the furballer,, (snicker) but a necessary evil for the BnZ'er. I never felt the need to apologise for it. One, it was the gameplay enforced by the nature of the server and two, I am a complete ***** :)

AF is a happy compromise. Tho I would prefer no icons whatsoever, I fly where the Squadron goes so AF is it. I dont think it needs to be a Circus clone. Circus has/had its audience, but for all the "good" pilots who frequented it, they could have got the same jollies out of the excellent New Wings servers. (want a good but noob server, call yourself a noob and be done with it. The rest of us will still drink with you).

So my 0.02 ball of lint.

Give AF a go. I noted some of the Wargrounds complement in their late last night. 15 at midnight from god knows what part of the world. Give it time for people to adjust and not throw a fit when its only a week into its new design.

One Spad pilot will be grateful for it.

…while I am annoying everyone else, 777, we have been good, we have been faithful, we have been patient.

Take a break from your white ridden 109 rockshow and spend a week on ROF remedying the coding problems preventing potential server hosts from making adjustments to the servers. They are trying to keep your game alive with active populations.

I paid for BOS, I want it too succeed to, but not at the expense of ROF. return a week of loving back here. Again, a grateful Spad pilot.

#126 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 15 May 2014 - 07:53

The biggest advantage of using icons for me is the ability to identify pilots of the nearby planes.
I have made many friends and experienced a lot of fun online because of that.
Sometimes at the price of being killed while typing (KWT).
;)

#127 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 15 May 2014 - 10:36

The server has only been running now for two weeks.

I'm more than happy with the numbers so far (but bear in mind many may have just been giving a new server a go anyway). :D

Here's the numbers from the first twelve days with the old settings.

This was last Wed-Thr (7th-8th) with the old settings

This was Wed-Thr (14th-15th) with the 'Full Real + Icons.

I can't say I can see much difference between the two.

I want to give these settings a 'fair crack', so I intend to leave these setting as is until the end of the month (yes I know some of you are missing the padlock, or the outside view, or the engine management).

#128 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 16 May 2014 - 17:51

Posted Here, but I want to keep the 'Aces Falling server - aircraft match-ups' thread just for mission and aircraft match-ups discussions, so I'll reply here.

Hello,
since so much people have entered their suggestions and thanks here, i'd like to add mine:

First, thanks ! Very nice Server ! :) :S!:
Thanks.

Some questions though, sry Sid to ask just of all you, but i never quite understood what the RoF team made, and why they did it, oline-server-wise.

1. Why is the noob server not there, anymore ? Is it coincidential that it vanished, when this server surfaced ? I flew often in it, but did not like it for the phantasy maps like the lake, capture the flag, same planes vs same, and island map .. and much too much collisions.
What i DID like is just of all the outside view of my plane. I know it takes away a lot of 'reality', but the planes look so nice that i really want to look at them from time to time, in flight.
(I would at least like to have a look at may plane before, and after the flight, fom outside, with all the battle damage. OFF had it i know, can't that be implemented here?)

Do you mean the Flying Circus server? It's still there, it hasn't gone anywhere.

I'm not connected with any other server, only Aces Falling.

2. Has the missions rotation to be there, anyway ? Or can you exactly choose which map and scenario appears, and when/for how long?
The server runs at a remote location, it needs a list of missions in order to know which to run next. Each mission lasts for two hours (except CF and CTF missions which can be shorter if one side wins the mission).

What i would like (no one needs to listen lol) would be an
1. Entente vs. Central powers
2. no icons
3. full real mixture and radiator,
4. full real turning by manually working rudder, ailerons/warping, and elevator
5. realistic maps (no Island, no lake, no capture the flag)
5. missions as realistic as possible
6. maybe sometimes a mission with acquiring aerodromes by fighting and knocking them out to win, like it is now in some scenarios,

but

6. outside view on own plane enabled :D ;)

Well one can dream :)

Oh, and once again thanks to Sid and all those who i meet there :S!:

Best wishes,
Cat (fish and krazy)
If you run your own server you can set it up exactly as you like it.

#129 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 16 May 2014 - 17:53

Hi Sid

First of all thank you a lot for your efforts! But one thing: Can't have have at least outside views back? I like this view.

Paddlock view maybe too, but depends on taste. Fighting is much different if people have it.
It's really now all about sneaking up. FC was furball between trees, now it's up where the SPADs go. quite a change there…

But as said, cool thing either way!
Z
I know outside view is nice to have for taking screen shots of your aircraft (or checking for damage you can't see from the cockpit), but did you know many players use this function to 'Hunt'.

What do I mean by that, well, if you put your own aircraft on Level Autopilot (LShf+A), display the Map (M), go external (F2), you can then toggle through all the aircraft (LCtl+F2 for enemy, LShf+F2 for friendlies) currently spawned on the server (whether they're in icon range or not), each one individual highlighted for you on the map. On FC I've seen many use this to hunt out the weaker players, avoid contact with stronger players, or hunt down time after time someone they have a grudge against.

Personally I hate this setting.

The idea for the server is to only have the 'Icons' helpers enabled, everything else is 'Full Real'. There's lots of other severs running in full arcade mode, I want Aces Falling to be different, yes Icons to help you find the fight, but everything else 'Full Real'.

#130 Gump

Gump

Posted 16 May 2014 - 19:55

that's interesting, sid. didn't realize such was being done.
i don't use these things - did once on tuesday night fly-in with someone's help for instructional purposes. to me, though, the new settings aren't much different that b4, as i only used the F4 to check damage, land sometimes. the F8 occasionally to detect the direction of who/where enemies are. i can do without these, though, especially if everyone else has to also.
…anyway, the new settings aren't much of a noticeable difference to my playing. what's noticeable is the lack of population that i usually see, so maybe there were a lot of others using those crutches.
too bad there isn't more granularity on some of the capabilities/settings/tools. such as external for your aircraft only option.
hey, i was wondering…. some of the trainging server/maps have AI 'zones' that spawn AI if you enter. since the crowd on AF seems a bit sparse sometimes, would some AI help? not only would it prevent only having one or two opponents, if any, but it might add some help to real ppl. like a player blending in with (hiding in) some AI planes. might help some noobs by acting as squad/jasta members. might give a BnZer the distraction he needs. just thinking out loud.

#131 etzel

etzel

Posted 16 May 2014 - 21:39

Interesting also 4 me, never thought about that ;) I used outside few sometimes 4 switching through enemy Players after I am killed to see if they are damaged at least…
But what I am also wondering: How can you check what view any Player is using, is this logged somehow?

#132 ZachariasX

ZachariasX

Posted 17 May 2014 - 12:42

I know outside view is nice to have for taking screen shots of your aircraft (or checking for damage you can't see from the cockpit), but did you know many players use this function to 'Hunt'.

What do I mean by that, well, if you put your own aircraft on Level Autopilot (LShf+A), display the Map (M), go external (F2), you can then toggle through all the aircraft (LCtl+F2 for enemy, LShf+F2 for friendlies) currently spawned on the server (whether they're in icon range or not), each one individual highlighted for you on the map. On FC I've seen many use this to hunt out the weaker players, avoid contact with stronger players, or hunt down time after time someone they have a grudge against.

Personally I hate this setting.

The idea for the server is to only have the 'Icons' helpers enabled, everything else is 'Full Real'. There's lots of other severs running in full arcade mode, I want Aces Falling to be different, yes Icons to help you find the fight, but everything else 'Full Real'.

Hi Sid

I mus confess… I didn't think of that. Too busy to catch the one closest to me as I am too impatient to fly a long time to get just one kill. I find it simply too boring having no action for not having to put up a fight.So you may be right.

FC was geat in instant gratification if you have only like 15 minutes to go and fly a round. On a realistic server you hardly reach the front in that time.

Interessting to see that stats you posted. It really seems rather much alike how the general picture performs in general. But I still have the feeling the nature of combat changed a lot from FC to AF. I feel this is definitely the end of the Dr.I and certainly the Camel lost a lot of what it is in FC. Now it's much less about turning, the incentive of just snaking up and killing is way more productive regarding good stats than the old furball between the trees as in FC where padlock makes it almost impossible to sneak up unto an unsuspecting victim. Right now you have two kind of pilots: the ones that look out, and the ones that don't. On FC you had the Camelite/Dr.ite that knew how to mill his plane and all the others.

But it's a nice change for once. I especially love the new planesets.

So, awesome stuff, thanx Sid!! :))
Z

#133 ACE-OF-ACES

ACE-OF-ACES

Posted 18 May 2014 - 21:23

Not sure if this is news, but I saw that the FC server was back up today

If that holds, time will tell if the new settings in AF is what the masses want, or if they all go back to FC settings, only time will tell.. I tend to go where the targets are! ;)

#134 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 18 May 2014 - 21:59

I don't know what happened for Flying Circus to vanish in thin air without notice, but the community were kind of getting together to suggest better plane sets / missions for Vaal, the admin of FC who did a great job in his time. Then the server was sold over to someone and we never heard about it anymore; it went offline without a word, I don't think anyone knows who the new owner is, what he or she intends to do with it and we are probably never going to know, which perhaps gave incentive for Sid to open Aces Falling, or to speed up the process (Just a wild guess, guys. Don't hold me accountable).

I am not saying that server owners owe anything to the community or vice versa. Or that one needs to brown nose the other, but some love is never enough from both sides. One provides and the other populates. One cannot live without the other, so it is nice when someone comes up and say "guys, I just want to put you in the loop". The same way it is nice when you are doing a good job and someone says "way to go, man! I am having fun in your server!".

Since Flying Circus was a house name together with Syndicate and Wargrounds, maybe, and I say maybe, the community that populated its missions over the years deserved some info, a heads up perhaps? Oh, well, I might be utterly wrong.

The way it stands, Aces Falling not only has a better plane set, mission set than Flying Circus but it also communicates with us. This is priceless and I intend to stick with it, since I like to have healthy relationships with the things I care. And I care for ROF, I care for the community and I care for people who care about the community, of which I am included.
"There will be honor enough for us all."

#135 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:16

I'm not going back to FC either. Not only because the performance is worse then Aces Falling Server,also for the reasons SeaW0lf already mentioned. Comunication,planesets,planned new maps, Serversettings etc. Even if FC will get back to it's former population I'm not seeing myself going there much anymore.

Dann gibt's Heulen und Zähne klammern, für das ganze Lumpenpack.
Dann ist Schluss mit "Tischlein deck' dich", da gibt's "Knüppel aus dem Sack"!

#136 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 19 May 2014 - 16:02

I'm not going back to FC either. Not only because the performance is worse then Aces Falling Server,also for the reasons SeaW0lf already mentioned. Comunication,planesets,planned new maps, Serversettings etc. Even if FC will get back to it's former population I'm not seeing myself going there much anymore.
+1

#137 Gump

Gump

Posted 19 May 2014 - 17:11

well im seeing the population build quickly on the AF server - was seeing open space earlier.
what's interesting is to notice the guys coming on that can't start their planes cuz it takes more than the "E" key now. also see the occasional steam tail from those with radiators needing attention. i think i blew an engine already because of overheating.
i'm enjoying too, though.

#138 etzel

etzel

Posted 19 May 2014 - 20:56

+1
+2

and btw.: The new cf-maps are not only great because they are requiring a more strategic approach, they are also incredible beautiful!!
:D

#139 Gump

Gump

Posted 19 May 2014 - 21:44

and btw.: The new cf-maps are not only great because they are requiring a more strategic approach, they are also incredible beautiful!!

+1
i would love to see how this would play without icons. not sure if it would be more or less fun but it sure is a blast.

#140 J2_Jakob

J2_Jakob
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:38

A few questions here…

1) are the maps rotating regularly according to day? What I mean is - if I get online for example at 9pm (UTC+1) everyday, do I see the same maps that I've seen yesterday? If it is so, I can not play certain maps at all, because I am at work. I especially like the early war scenario, which is never there, when I get online, the only chance is the weekend… I especially dislike the same planeset on both sides - which is always there, when I get online.

2) Would it be possible to write some basic instructions for newbies (how to start engine, a word or two about radiator/mixture etc.) on the briefing page, so they can look at it anytime? Perhaps this would make their life a bit easier in hostile skies of AF server… :S!:

#141 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:44

Thanks for the feedback guys. Image

i would love to see how this would play without icons. not sure if it would be more or less fun but it sure is a blast.
Thanks Gump, but I intend Aces Falling to remain an 'Iconed' server.

#142 J2_Jakob

J2_Jakob

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:45

A few questions here…

1) are the maps rotating regularly according to day? What I mean is - if I get online for example at 9pm (UTC+1) everyday, do I see the same maps that I've seen yesterday? If it is so, I can not play certain maps at all, because I am at work. I especially like the early war scenario, which is never there, when I get online, the only chance is the weekend… I especially dislike the same planeset on both sides - which is always there, when I get online.

2) Would it be possible to write some basic instructions for newbies (how to start engine, a word or two about radiator/mixture etc.) on the briefing page, so they can look at it anytime? Perhaps this would make their life a bit easier in hostile skies of AF server… :S!:

Bump…

#143 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 20 May 2014 - 13:35

At the moment we have twelve missions running, each for two hours. Six of those missions are CF or CTF and will run for less time if the map is captured. The missions rotate on a continuous loop.

My aim is that a complete rotation will take around 21 hrs and so you shouldn't see the same mission in the time slot night after night.

If you look on this page http://aces-falling.co.uk/missions/ you can see at the moment we are around the 21 hrs mark for a complete rotation, and this is something I've been keeping an eye on.

This is already in place.

It displays automatically when you enter the server, and can be displayed at any time from the Hangar map page by clicking 'Mission Description'.

Once spawned the 'LWin + B' key combination will display this 'Mission Description'.

At the moment it will display only in English, but with the help of the community I hope to get it translated so it displays in each of the supported languages in ROF.

I'm open to suggestions on any re-wording to make it clearer, but it needs to be a brief reminder due to space, I can't just add the whole ROF manual to the Mission Description pop up.

#144 J2_Jakob

J2_Jakob

Posted 20 May 2014 - 13:51

Thank you for swift reply and great work, Sid! ;)

#145 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 22 May 2014 - 16:25

At the moment it will display only in English, but with the help of the community I hope to get it translated so it displays in each of the supported
languages in ROF.
If anyone can help translate the following into French, German, Russian or Spanish, I'll try and update the missions so it displays correctly in each of ROF's five supported languages.

I've broken the Mission Description in to small sections to translate, here's both a screen shot and a plain text version of each bit.

We run three types of mission and the Mission Objective description is different for each one.

MISSION OBJECTIVES
This mission has no tactical objectives - just fly, fight, and have fun.

MISSION OBJECTIVES
To capture all the airfields on the map.

To capture an airfield, you need to fly within 1000 metres of its flag until the enemy flag is lowered and your flag is raised.

MISSION OBJECTIVES
To capture all the airfields on the map.

To capture an airfield, you need to destroy 11 objects:
- 4 trucks
- 4 aa machine guns
- 2 aa guns
- 1 balloon
After you've destroyed all 11 objects, the airfield and the area allotted to it will go to your side.

SCORING
Leaderboard, Scores, Pilot Stats and Squad registration is available at our Website http://www.aces-falling.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.aces-falling.co.uk

(Note: The points on the in-game scoreboard have been intentionally disabled, please use the Website above instead).

SERVER SETTINGS
Aces Falling runs in 'Full Real plus Icons'
Further Information and Help with settings can be found below the Rules section.

RULES
Fly with Honour, NO intentional - Ramming, Friendly Fire, Team Killing or other Unsporting Behaviour.

ROF is rated E 10+ (i.e. mild language and/or minimal suggestive themes), anyone using Profanity (bad language, strong language, foul language, vulgar, swearing, cursing, cussing, or expletives), or using intimidating or threatening behaviour (in the view of the server administrators) may be banned permanently without warning!

SETTINGS HELP
(if you're new to Rise of Flight).

Icons
If Icons aren't displayed, press the (i) key.
(Note: Some of our missions have the same aircraft available to both sides. The only way to tell friend from foe is by the colour of their icon. Only shoot or bomb objects and aircraft marked with RED icons, and help support aircraft marked with BLUE icons).

Simple Gauges
Only the three small simple gauges are available on this server, the Clock (note this is 'mission' time), a Compass, and the Engine Throttle/Mixture/Radiator gauge (this is a very useful gauge for anyone starting to learn manual mixture and radiator control). To display these three gauges press (LWin + g)

Engine Starting
'Automatic engine start' is disabled. To start the engine, set the 'Throttle' to minimum, 'Mixture' (if fitted) to full rich, and press the engine start button (e) once to instruct the ground crew to swing the prop.

Mixture Control
Only Manual mixture control is available, to enrich the mixture (RShf + Equals), to lean the mixture (RShf + -).

Radiator Control
Only Manual radiator control is available, to open the radiator shutters (RCtl + Equals), to close the radiator shutters (RCtl + -).

Autopilot
Only the 'Level' Autopilot is available (LShf + a).

Further Help
For further help please ask in the text buffer. Press the (Enter) key to open text bar - type your message - Press (Enter) again to transmit message to both sides or press (LCtl + Enter) to transmit to just your own side.

Full instructions for the game can be found in the ROF Manual.

Many thanks to anyone that can help with these. Image

#146 etzel

etzel

Posted 22 May 2014 - 19:52

Hi Sid,

tried to give my best for German, surprisingly it was not that easy as I thought, nevertheless below please find my try for the mission descriptions, rest might follow during the weekend…

@the real Germans => please check ;-)

MISSIONSBESCHREIBUNG
In dieser Mission gibt es keine taktischen Ziele – losfliegen, kämpfen und Spaß haben.

Btw => here in the english Version there is a mistake it seems as the description is related to capture the flag ;)

MISSIONSBESCHREIBUNG
Ziel ist es alle Flaggen für die eigene Seite zu erobern.

Um eine Flagge zu erobern, muss man innerhalb einer Distanz von 1000 metern die Lufthoheit sichern in dem mehr eigene als gegnerische Flugzeuge in diesem Bereich fliegen solange bis die gegnerische Flagge eingeholt und die eigene Aufgezogen wird. 2- bzw. Mehrsitzer zählen mehr.

MISSIONSBESCHREIBUNG
Ziel ist es alle Flugfelder zu erobern.

Um eine Flugfeld zu erobern sind die folgenden 11 Ziele zu zerstören:
4 LKW
4 AA Maschinen Gewehre
2 AA Kanonen
1 Ballon

SCORING
Leaderboard, Scores, Pilot Statistik und Squad-Registrierung sind unter http://www.aces-falling.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.aces-falling.co.uk verfügbar.

(Info: Die Online-Punktezählung im Spiel ist bewusst deaktiviert, bitte die oben angegebene Seite verwenden)

#147 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 22 May 2014 - 21:15

It is very nice to see all this information available for the players. It will help the newbies. One suggestion that I have: is there a way to drop a line about the gunner seats in the proper window?

I remember my first time in a server, when I got to the window with seats available in planes. I saw no info on how to proceed and, since I am a wary guy, I never jumped into a seat, but I have seen loots of newbies being kicked out of planes in a not so polite way (not talking about the trolls). So, maybe it is a good idea to warn players to ask first for permission on the team chat. I just don't know if this is possible.
"There will be honor enough for us all."

#148 etzel

etzel

Posted 23 May 2014 - 15:55

Hi, following the rest of my translation to German ;)

SERVER EINSTELLUNGEN
Aces Falling läuft im Modus „Voll realistisch + Icons“
Weitere Informationen und Hilfe zu den Einstellungen siehe unter REGELN

REGELN
Bitte den Ehrenkodex beachten, KEIN absichtliches Rammen, vorsätzlicher Freundbeschuss, kein Team Killing oder unsportliches Benehmen!

ROF ist entsprechend der Alterskategorie 10+ eingestuft (d.h. gemäßigte Sprache), jegliche Verstöße (Beschimpfungen, Fluchen, vulgäres oder obszönes Verhalten, Beleidigungen, Kraftausdrücke) sowie Einschüchterungen und/oder Drohungen können zu einer permanenten Server-Sperre ohne vorherige Warnung führen (je nach Ermessen der Server-Administratoren)

HILFE ZU EINSTELLUNGEN
(Für ROF-Anfänger)

Icons
Wenn keine Icons angezeigt werden „i“ drücken.
(Info: In einigen Missionen stehen beiden Teams die selben Flugzeuge zur Verfügung. Die einzige Unterscheidungsmöglichkeit zwischen Freund und Feind ist die Farbe der Icons; nur Flugzeuge oder Objekte mit roten Icons sind anzugreifen, blaue Icons kennzeichnen Flugzeuge bzw. Bodenobjekte der eigenen Seite

Einfache Instrumente
Es sind 3 einfache (2-D) Instrumente verfügbar:
- Die Uhr (Achtung: Es wird die Missionszeit angezeigt)
- Ein Kompass
- Die Motorenanzeige, welche die Position von Gashebel, Gemischregelung und Kühlung zeigt. (Diese Anzeige ist hilfreich für das lernen von Gemisch- und Kühlungseinstellung)
Zur Anzeige der 2-D-Instrumente „Lwin+g“ drücken.

Motor Start
Automatischer Motorstart ist deaktiviert. Um zu starten ist der Gashebel auf Leerlauf zu stellen, die Gemischeinstellung auf Maximum, dann kann der Motor mittels „e“ gestartet werden (heißt die Bodencrew wird den Propeller anwerfen)

Gemischregelung
Nur die manuelle Gemischregelung ist verfügbar, für ein fetteres Gemisch ist „Rshft +“ (gleichzeitig) zu drücken, für ein mageres Gemisch „Rshift -“

Kühler
Nur die manuell Kühlungsregelung ist verfügbar, um die Kühlung zu öffen ist „RCtr +“
(gleichzeitig) zu drücken, um die Kühlung zu schließen „RCtr -“

Autopilot
Nur der "Level-Autopilot" (d.h. bei Aktivierung fliegt der Autopilot auf selber höhe geradeaus) ist verfügbar, Aktivierung via „LShft + a“

Weitere Hilfe
Für weitere Hilfe können Fragen via Server Chat gestellt werden, dafür „Enter“ drücken um die Texteingabe zu öffnen, Frage oder Message eintippen und wieder „Enter“ um die Message abzuschicken. Um eine Meldung nur für das eigene Team abzuschicken beim senden „Lctl + Enter“ gleichzeitig drücken.

Eine vollständige Beschreibung und weitere Hilfe zum Spiel ist im Rise of Flight User Manual zu finden

#149 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 23 May 2014 - 18:11

Many thanks etzel for taking the time to do this.

Anyone fancy having a go at the French, Russian or Spanish ones?

#150 etzel

etzel

Posted 23 May 2014 - 19:11

Not worth mentioning!

Btw I saw that map Rotation is already changed, so that TDM Lake and Island are not directly in same CF-sequence => thanks a lot for that fast reaction.
I think thats better now since no matter what map-types are the preferred ones, it is anyhow not that long to wait for it, great!!!
:S!: :S!:

#151 ST-Zeno

ST-Zeno

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:13

Hi Sid, i get this message since yesterday when i will look for my detailed stats:
"Error 500: Dude! You broke our site"!

What does that mean?

#152 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:05

Ops, it looks like my playing around with the stats site may have had unexpected consequences.

I'll try and fix it. Image

#153 HotWaxtWeasel

HotWaxtWeasel

Posted 24 May 2014 - 23:05

Ops, it looks like my playing around with the stats site may have had unexpected consequences.

Poor Sid. He never bargained for dealing with all this sort of crap. He just wanted a server we could all enjoy.

I think donations are in order for Sid's valuable time invested.

Clem
aka
HotWaxtWeasel

#154 Bump

Bump
  • LocationColorado

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:42

Strange, I've noticed that my kill streak of 38 just disappeared off the stats for the month of May. It now says 0.

Is there a problem with the stats counter or ?

#155 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 26 May 2014 - 18:50

Subject: Aces Falling server

Strange, I've noticed that my kill streak of 38 just disappeared off the stats for the month of May. It now says 0.

Your last sortie is shown as Sortie #54504, where you were killed in Action, is this not correct?

A kill streak is ended if you're captured or killed.

#156 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 26 May 2014 - 19:32

Poor Sid. He never bargained for dealing with all this sort of crap. He just wanted a server we could all enjoy.

I think donations are in order for Sid's valuable time invested.

Clem
aka
HotWaxtWeasel
No need for donations, I'm enjoying learning about how this all works (although I admit it hasn't left much time for actually flying recently).

I've spent a couple of days digging into the stats and I believe I now know what's happened.

If you remember, I ran the server in April under a different name while we were testing the setup, when we went 'live' with Aces Falling on the 1st of May I wanted to delete the stats from the test server, so having created a new tour I deleted the old April tour and manually deleted all the missions associated with it. It's now clear that this was the wrong way to go about it as it corrupted the object tables in the database. What I should have done was delete the entire database and rebuild it afresh.

This corruption wasn't immediately apparent and it was only later in the month that I started to notice some objects (aircraft, weapon loadouts) were not displaying correctly. When I tried to correct this I caused further corruption to the objects table and the current problem of some player individual detailed stats not displaying. This applies to anyone who had flown the 'Halberstadt D.II', 'Nieuport 17.C1 GBR', or 'Roland C.IIa' before the 19th May.

I've looked at rolling the stats back to one of our save points or backups, but as the initial corruption has been there since the start of the tour, this won't work.

I've also looked at rebuilding the stats using the raw mission logs (a time consuming process), but this requires having the exact same version of the mission.bin file to that of the mission log when it was created. As we've been editing the missions during the month I no longer have all the bin files used, and even if I did I wouldn't know which one went with which mission log.

I can only apologise for this, running a server and the associated stats is new to me.

The best way forward now appears to be to consider the May tour a Beta month, I'll leave the stats running for the moment as they do work to some extent, but on the 1st June I'll do what I should have done in the first place and delete the database and reinstall the stats from scratch. Unfortunately this will mean that both the stats for May and any Pilot/Squad registrations will all be lost.

Again apologies for this.

On the bright side, I've learnt a great deal about how the stats and database work, along with exactly what needs to be backed up in order to prevent any further mishaps in the future.

#157 etzel

etzel

Posted 26 May 2014 - 21:11

Again: Many thanks for your efforts and engagement Sid!
:S!:

#158 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 27 May 2014 - 15:33

Again: Many thanks for your efforts and engagement Sid!
:S!:

+1

For etz:
Congrats!

Use this in your sig if you like:
http://i57.tinypic.com/fbkw2h.jpg
and delete spaces in the first img tag

#159 etzel

etzel

Posted 27 May 2014 - 16:33

thx ami, looks better indeed

#160 Gump

Gump

Posted 27 May 2014 - 16:37

well, since 37 of those were me, and the other one was a team kill, sid decided that none of them counted.
OH, and i noticed that the CF maps have balloons that immediately spawn at full altitude at a captured AB. now it works - much swapping of airbases now - keeps the whole map alive. now, if i could stay alive… :xx:
thx sid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users