Photo
- - - - -

Fokker D.VIIF Jasta 7 Defaults - (open and closed engine)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 thedudeWG

thedudeWG

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:41

These are my interpretations of Jasta 7's default skins for the D.VIIF, one with the open engine cover (JUN18), and one with it closed (SEP18) . While we do already have skins for Jasta 7's D.VIIF's, one looks more bronze than black, and the other has lozenge camo for the wing undersides, and there are plenty of references of their wings being painted black on both sides (eventually). Both existing skins also have highly reflective alpha channels for many of their surfaces that I didn't want to replicate, so I used the alpha channel from the D.VIIF templates with only minor corrections for a few smaller areas. I removed the Balkenkreuz markings from the fuselage, as every photograph I've seen doesn't show them either. I noticed there are a number of other units that don't have fuselage markings on their D.VII's, so I believe this is an historically plausible determination for Jasta 7 as well.

Please vote and leave any feedback if you wish. Thanks for checking these out! Be sure to check out my D.VII skin for Jasta 7 as well. :S!:

http://www.mediafire...rical_Defaults_(updated" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mediafire.../download/n936s … s_(updated).zip

Attached File  FD7F_Jasta7_JUN18 Preview.jpg   1.5MB   429 downloads

Attached File  FD7F_Jasta7_SEP18 Preview.jpg   1.52MB   427 downloads

Attached File  Jasta 7 D7s.jpg   167.71KB   607 downloads

Reference: Osprey Aircraft of the Aces - Fokker D VII Aces of World War 1 - Part 2

#2 WF2

WF2

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:10

To much detail is lost in your use of the color black for the skin.

#3 J99_Bodo

J99_Bodo

Posted 15 April 2014 - 13:18

Definitely 'no.' This is too black

#4 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 15 April 2014 - 13:37

I don't vote in Historical Polls, but I do have a question, how can something be Too Black?
Is it not shiny enough,if you lighten the color it would not be black.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#5 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 15 April 2014 - 19:38

Just a method he use for hiding the fuzzy weird looking surface you normal will see while turning the pilotsview to the rear. This is caused, I think by the limits of the game. Nobody complains about that btw.

Would like to know, jasta7 did fly the D7f, why Degelow in jasta 40s did not.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#6 Feldhamster

Feldhamster

Posted 17 April 2014 - 20:45

Man in black, where are the band´s on the black fuselage.

#7 thedudeWG

thedudeWG

Posted 17 April 2014 - 21:05

Well, that's the "personal" part of the personal markings. In this case, for Ltn Nebgen, with the green bands. I might create one for him (eventually), but it wouldn't make sense to do that before I get a base Jasta 7 default created (that matches the rest of his plane).

#8 thedudeWG

thedudeWG

Posted 20 April 2014 - 05:31

Everyone,
Thanks for the comments. I took a closer look at my skins, and I was able to bring out some more definition. Black (or in this case, dark grey) can wash-out a lot of detail and weathering, so it can be tricky. The engine ventilation slots weren't showing up previously, so I needed to darken the openings and brighten the edges of all the metal surfaces. Also, I needed to brighten all of the weathering, and it is most notable on the underside of the plane and along the lower parts of the fuselage. I included some images of what was originally posted (for the "open" engine, but both have been fixed) and what is currently available and the download link has been updated. Thanks to all for the feedback.

Edit: Preview images above are updated to reflect the latest skins.

Attached File  FD7F_O_Latest1.jpg   360.93KB   449 downloads

Attached File  FD7F_O_Latest2.jpg   309.78KB   449 downloads

Attached File  FD7F_O_Latest3.jpg   434.19KB   449 downloads

#9 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 22 July 2014 - 18:33

Poll concluded; thread locked.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 65.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users