Photo
- - - - -

Static planes for RoF to populate airfields

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#41 jeanba4

jeanba4

Posted 11 April 2014 - 13:22

Thnak you very much Lefuneste, but I know that an "Achille Talon" reader cannot be a bad man

#42 lefuneste

lefuneste

Posted 13 April 2014 - 17:01

Version 3.0 - April 2014[ (see first post) Added sopdoplhin, nieuport28, se5a, fokkerd7, bristolf2bf2, bristolf2bf3, fokkerd7f, pfalzd12, fokkerd8, redone undamaged models nieuport17 and nieuport17brit (the original models were too coarse).
All single and two seaters have been converted, except seaplanes.
I do not plan to make static planes for seaplanes or bomber. If you want them, you will have to request them here !

#43 lefuneste

lefuneste

Posted 13 April 2014 - 17:11

nice visual thing but doesnt adding multiple objects affect frame rates badly just like hordes of soldiers attacking a trench?….
Try the "static plane 1" mission included in the mod.
All the 148 models are in it. Seems to work well on my PC, but I do not know what it could be on another machine. As you will have to load all models and texture this should be a good benchmark.
Anyway it's not a typical mission, because it seems unlikely that you will encoutered all the static planes in a historical context.

#44 WW1EAF_Paf

WW1EAF_Paf
  • Tester

Posted 13 April 2014 - 18:50

Very very good. Many thanks!

#45 HippyDruid

HippyDruid

Posted 14 April 2014 - 11:44

How cool is this!! Thanks man.

#46 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 14 April 2014 - 20:42

Thanks again for your awesome work Lefuneste! :S!:

#47 lefuneste

lefuneste

Posted 19 April 2014 - 13:37

Version 3.1 - April 2014 redone DH4 (going from 15397 faces to 7285) by fixing the LOD in game (made also a specific mod to fix it for normal plane)

#48 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 19 April 2014 - 17:57

This looks very cool. One question though - what is the purpose of the two .cmd files in the mod package, and are they needed to just use these static planes in the game via JSGME or are they only used if you want to try to do something manual to create more planes/skins?

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#49 lefuneste

lefuneste

Posted 20 April 2014 - 21:00

This looks very cool. One question though - what is the purpose of the two .cmd files in the mod package ?
Only made in order to allow you to create copy of planes with custom skins as explained here

(In fact I also use them to speed up creation of txt files needed for a static object)

#50 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 24 April 2014 - 23:46

lefuneste, Thank You very much for your hard work and for sharing this with the Community. This will make PWCG even better. Cheers Mate! :S!:

S!Blade<><

#51 lefuneste

lefuneste

Posted 16 May 2014 - 17:59

Information about the "mod off" feature of the mod added in first post.
By the way I will made the remainign hydro and heavy bomber planes…

#52 Fritz-Fraghof

Fritz-Fraghof

Posted 18 May 2014 - 13:19

Thanks for this great mod. Very glad to see it working with Pat's campaign Generator.

#53 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 18 May 2014 - 14:31

Hmmmm! I am just getting around to trying this mod in PWCG 15.9. I am not seeing any static planes at my base or is this at other aerodromes only? I installed with JSGME. Is there a switch in PWCG that has to be turned on? Is PWCG15.10 required instead of PWCG15.9? Thanks for any help in advance.

S!Blade<><

#54 lefuneste

lefuneste

Posted 18 May 2014 - 17:23

V4.0 added (see first post) : all RoF planes have a static brother.
@Blade_meister : yes you must have PWCG15.10, and for the moment static planes are only at your home base (like others object added by Pat to make airfield less empty).

#55 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 18 May 2014 - 19:07

Thanks for the new expanded version. I heard PWCG 15.10 is not working to well( enemy is not engaging and such) so I have stuck with 15.9. I may have to see if 15.10 is working for me so I can see your static planes. :S!:

S!Blade<><

#56 blomsky

blomsky

Posted 13 August 2014 - 13:08

lefuneste, thank You very much for this great addon to immersion!!!

I tried v4 together with PWCG 15.10 but had no luck - no static planes on my home base.
I copied the extracted folder to my mods folder and installed static planes v4 with JGSME. Several objects that have already been altered through 'static objects' mod were again altered during the activation process.

Now I would like to get some hints wether this problem might be more related to PWCG or to the mod installation?

blomsky

#57 blomsky

blomsky

Posted 13 August 2014 - 18:32

Everything fine now!
During the second mission the airfield was populated with lovely DH2s.
Unfortunately I did not have the chance to enjoy this any further because I did not manage to return to base… ;-)

blomsky

#58 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 13 August 2014 - 20:57

I don't think I chimed in here yet. Very good work! Much appreciated!

Jason

#59 PCDurum

PCDurum

Posted 13 August 2014 - 21:26

Please include this great work in the next official update as an option if you can Jason? :S!:

#60 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:02

Using lefunester advices I have declined already existent model to their different operators or different period.
So, we have now static planes for USAS, Aéronautique Militaire, Aviation Militaire Belge, RFC, RNAS, CAI, IRAS and Lufkreiskrafte with/without 1918 markings, (including some fakes for Farman, Be2 and Aviatik). Ideal to accurately populate airfields.

However this mod still lacks Hanriot HD1/HD2 model (and will lack Muromets too), and making it is out of my competences, can someone help me on this? Just making the static model, I'll add the different textures after that.

515024ActionjoeScreen.jpg

#61 josef_baran

josef_baran

Posted 14 December 2014 - 20:58

cool pic!! action joe!!

is the mod then going to be updated - and will we still just see items at airfields in pwcg?? or can they be brought in for some of our 'server' flying etc?

regarsds, Ron

#62 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 14 December 2014 - 22:34

I'll provide a link with my modifications, in a couple of weeks I guess.
I don't know how it will interact with PWCG as I don't use it.

#63 lefuneste

lefuneste

Posted 18 December 2014 - 18:04

However this mod still lacks Hanriot HD1/HD2 model (and will lack Muromets too), and making it is out of my competences, can someone help me on this? Just making the static model, I'll add the different textures after that.
I may do the HD1 and HD2 for christmas…

#64 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 19 December 2014 - 14:50

Oh! It will be nice, thanks!

#65 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:54

Bump. Updated pack is on the first page. Thanks Lefuneste.

#66 lefuneste

lefuneste

Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:01

Oops.
I Forget to post the information on update…
Thanks to you ActionJoe !

#67 Genius

Genius

Posted 27 December 2014 - 10:09

Great Job ! Thanks !

#68 DerAck

DerAck
  • LocationRhinebeck, NY - USA

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:06

Greetings
Re the subject Herein, have installed Version #5 into my Mods folder and activated same in jsgme.exe - Now,
kind Sirs - just how does one select a block of aircraft to view at one's home field - and then view it/them?
Have read the "static_planes_readme.jsgme" - ashamed to state was of little help.
Assistance to be appreciated.

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

#69 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 26 January 2015 - 16:39

Hi, to have these static aircraft on your airfield, you have to put them by yourself, through the mission editor.

#70 DerAck

DerAck
  • LocationRhinebeck, NY - USA

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:04

Hi, to have these static aircraft on your airfield, you have to put them by yourself, through the mission editor.
Hello to You, actionjoe
When I posted last night, I kinda had a feeling the response might be as you have stated,
such being well beyond my capabilities with these (PC) things.
Thank You for the reply.

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

#71 Mertons

Mertons
  • LocationSpain

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:57

Hi all, I'm having a problem with this mod (in fact, with all static objects in RoF, as i stated in this topic), planes recieve damaged when straffed or bombed ("OnDamage" and "OnKilled" events are working from them), but they don't switch to the damaged texture. Should I do anything on them in the mission editor (aparto from creating linked entity, of course) for show destroyed textured when attacked or should it be automatic, as it seems in the description of Lefuneste in the first post?

Salute!

#72 lefuneste

lefuneste

Posted 07 March 2015 - 19:22

All static planes should be destroyed. But you have to specify in the mission editor a number regarding their durability. By default they have the same as a standard building, I think.

You should look in the demo mission included in the mod. It included the standard (and destroyable by bombing and straffing) models, and their destroyed version.

I don't rember if I updated the "durability number" for all planes...

As I am a lazy guy I did not draw specific destroyed textures. Even if there are specific texture files for destroyed models, they contain only copy of the standard texture.

If you make some destroyed textures, post them here, I will include them in the mod.

#73 Mertons

Mertons
  • LocationSpain

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:40

Hi, Lefuneste!
I was conscious of durability points, and planes didn't change to destroyed texture even with 500 points,but it's solved now. It seems to be a bug of my copy of Mission Editor, or probably some kind of corruption of the mission files I was working on. After a recovery damage addition works again in ME, I have not tested in-flight bombing or straffing.
Anyway, thanks a lot for your help in this case, and of course for this great mod!

Regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users