Photo
- - - - -

Static planes for RoF to populate airfields

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 lefuneste

lefuneste

Posted 22 March 2014 - 13:31

This mod adds planes to RoF as static object, in order to help people to populate airfields in mission with the lowest impact on fps. It works with mod off (It just add things and don't modify anything in game).
The planes are extracted from RoF and repackaged as blocks that can be managed in RoF mission editor.
I try to used them "as it is" but sometime I reduced the face number by removing some parts (guns, turrets parts) because they were far too accurate (more than 1000 faces for it while my objective was to have ~3000 faces for the whole plane models) ! It's strange because I extrated models seen form 500m to 700m, so maybe some LOD models should be optimized…
Warning DH4 (not LOD at all !) and soptriplane have very high poly models

Each plane has:

• 2 damaged model associated: st_PlaneName_DM1 and st_PlaneName_DM2
  • When a plane is bombed or straffed, it will switch to the damaged model after all its durability points are consumed. This value is defined in the RoF mission editor in object properties. By default it is 25000 for a block. I made a few tests, and a good start value for durability seems to me to be 5000. Some planes may have few and some more. But 25000 is far too much. I did not use the standard visual effect script used when a plane is being destroyed (fire), because the broken plane models are not consistent with fire damage. Instead I used the visual effect used for bridges (smoke cloud)
  • Two texture files: one for undamaged models: st_PlaneName.dds and the other for the damaged ones: st_PlaneName_D1.dds
  • textures are 512x512 for performance and memory saving textures are standard plane textures but with non-black parts of alpha channel 100% lighter the texture used for damaged models is the same that the undamaged. I am not an artist, so I did not add neither holes (with alpha channel), nor soot. But you can !
  • 1 to 3 parts (linked to the textures used), (number 1 to 3 and not 0 to 2)
  • So if you want to add a destroyed plane as static object in RoF Mission editor you must set damage to each part of this object to "1" value
  • Collision boxes

A test mission is given in "mod" folder. All plane below are put in 2 airfields.
Use the F11 view to go from the Albatross DV to the airfields or use the albatross to straff the undamaged planes.

List of available Aircrafts models:

Attached File  Capture.JPG   84.29KB   2005 downloads

Thanks to ActionJoe 98 Aircrafts are available, see readme to have the list corresponding to this picture:
Attached File  87801020141213161643.jpg   404.56KB   679 downloads

Many thanks to Genius (he help me several times for collision boxes and damage handling), Sid (for the alpha channel tip), and Vander (for the idea and the initial files)

All single and two seaters have been converted, except seaplanes.
I do not plan to make static planes for seaplanes or bomber. If you want them, you will have to request them !
Of course you can use them as you want, I made them for you !

Install:
Extract the last of the archive below into your JSGME Rof mods directory.
Install with JSGME

Version 1.1 : March 2014 textures renamed as PlaneName_default.dds or PlaneName_default.dds_D1.dds and a MSDOS script has been added to copy planes
Version 2.0 - April 2014 Added dh4,soptriplane,albatrosd5,breguet14,pfalzd3a,sopcamel,halberstadtcl2,halberstadtcl2au,spad13,fokkerdr1
Version 3.0 - April 2014 Added sopdoplhin, nieuport28, se5a, fokkerd7, bristolf2bf2, bristolf2bf3, fokkerd7f, pfalzd12, fokkerd8, redone undamaged models nieuport17 and nieuport17brit
Version 3.1 - April 2014 Redone DH4 (going from 15397 faces to 7285) by fixing the LOD in game (made also a specific mod to fix it for normal plane)
Version 4.0 - May 2014 Added felixf2a, brandw12, gohtag5, hp400
Version 5.0 : December 2014 - include ActionJoe textured models (98 planes !). Added hanhd1, hanhd2, s22. Fixed pfalzd12, Re8, rolc2a, dfwc5

Attached Files

#2 Feathered_IV

Feathered_IV

Posted 22 March 2014 - 13:41

Wow, that is a dream come true for all of us. Bloody well done!

#3 LordNeuro_Srb

LordNeuro_Srb
  • LocationNovi Sad/Serbia

Posted 22 March 2014 - 13:49

Wery nice addon fro rof. Gr8 work.
S!
:o

#4 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 22 March 2014 - 17:09

I hope Pat, will contact you.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#5 Spag

Spag
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 March 2014 - 20:36

Brilliant,
Many thanks.
Keep up the good work….Pleeeeeeease.
Cheers,
Spag. :)

Bite off more than you can chew.

Then chew like Hell ! ! !

#6 oneeyeddog

oneeyeddog

Posted 22 March 2014 - 21:16

Wonderful! Thanks for putting your time and skill into this.

#7 josef_baran

josef_baran

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:17

yes very exciting …

i just saw this while trying to learn about other ww1 flight sims out there too

http://combatace.com...ground-objects/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://combatace.com...ic/81959-more-f … d-objects/

posted because there is mention in that thread that the 'creators' wouldn't mind sharing if their models are cross program capable

look forward to more!

cheers, Ron

#8 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 23 March 2014 - 05:40

Bravo Lefuneste!

Hoping Pat is aware of this for PWCG :)

#9 lefuneste

lefuneste

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:29

Hoping Pat is aware of this for PWCG :)

He is: riseofflight.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=394&t=40574&start=162

#10 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 23 March 2014 - 20:00

Most of this stuff is way over my head from a programming perspective (I've got zero experience/exposure to 3D modelling), but I've been following these recent threads with great interest. I always loved the way the airfields in IL-2 were populated with moving and static aircraft, vehicles, etc - really made things "come alive" while taking off, landing and just flying by the airfields (and attacking them as well). I think this has been an area where RoF has been sorely lacking for a long time, so I've very hopeful that this work will lead to some major improvements in immersion (hopefully without dragging our PCs to their knees).

One question I thought I saw mentioned in one of these threads but haven't been able to find again today - what is the process and how hard is it to put skins on these static planes? I can't really help with the 3D modelling aspects of this, but I do know a thing or two about RoF skins ( :) ) so I'd be glad to pitch in to help get these static planes clothed properly if there's anything I can do to help with that.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#11 lefuneste

lefuneste

Posted 23 March 2014 - 21:27

I put a tutorial which explain how to make static planes here.
But, regarding the skins there is one or two things: As I understood they are "hard coded" in the block model (using the mapping of 3DS material). I don't think that there is a way to modify the static object skin once it is created.
So if you want to have a new “skinned” static plane, the only way should be to create new versions of this plane.
This is not a difficult task: You just have to modify the material texture in 3DS and export the model with a new name, and create appropriate text files. But this process will generate a huge number of static object if you want to cover all the squadron of RoF ! (as there is 4 object for each plane, with the destroyed ones).
The skins used are standard skins with with non-black parts of alpha channel 100% lighter.
If you want to add new skinned version of some planes of the mod, ask me, I will PM you the 3DS models.
If you have spare time, another thing to do is to modify the texture of destroyed planes (*_D1.dds) to add sooth and holes (with alpha channel).

#12 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 24 March 2014 - 05:56

Well, I've looked at the tutorial a couple of times, and while it looks like it would be very useful to someone with some grounding in 3D modeling it's still all Greek to me.

I suspect from what little I did understand that it would be a whole lot of trouble/work to try to do squadron-specific skins for all the plane types and units RoF uses. At a minimum though, it would be nice if it could be possible to at least do a couple of options for the German plane types (one with Iron Cross markings for use before late March 1918 and one with Balkenkreuze for use after late March 1918). And maybe also a similar couple of options for some of the Entente planes that were used by multiple nations (so there could be British, French and Belgian-marked Strutters, for example).

I don't have a copy of 3DS or any other 3D modeling software (or any knowledge about how they work, even if I had one), so the 3DS models wouldn't be of any use to me even if you did send them to me. If there were maybe some way that at some stage in the 3D modeling process something could be temporarily exported into some kind of file that PhotoShop could handle, then maybe I could use Photoshop to change the cross/roundel markings and save it back down as something that could be re-imported (by someone else) into 3DS or some other 3D tool to complete the static objects with the modified markings - otherwise it doesn't seem likely that I'll be able to help with this effort.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#13 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:28

Great contribution! :S!:

So if I read this correctly, these static aircraft can be bombed and destroyed. If so, shouldn't the damage model have its own 'destroyed' skin? Such as fire/smoke blackened around engine etc.

#14 lefuneste

lefuneste

Posted 24 March 2014 - 14:46

Well, then maybe I could use Photoshop to change the cross/roundel markings and save it back down as something that could be re-imported (by someone else) into 3DS

There is no needs of doing that, because the texture are *.dds files stored into a texture directory in the mod directory (I'm not at home, I do not remeber where exactly). The problem is that name of the texture is hard coded into the 3D model. So if you want to use different texture you may
  • Create a modified copy of model in 3DS which will point to other texture files (for 4 model files per plane)
  • or
  • modify the provided texture, but it will modify all the instance of the plane used => no way to have for example 2 skin for 2 albatros squadron in the same mission

So it could at least be possible to mod the "static plane mod" to replace some texture by others, in order to have some skins in sync with the historical period. But this mean taht you should have to mod the mod for each mission you want to play…

#15 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 24 March 2014 - 15:14

Excellent work!

#16 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 24 March 2014 - 16:19

Well, then maybe I could use Photoshop to change the cross/roundel markings and save it back down as something that could be re-imported (by someone else) into 3DS

There is no needs of doing that, because the texture are *.dds files stored into a texture directory in the mod directory (I'm not at home, I do not remeber where exactly). The problem is that name of the texture is hard coded into the 3D model. So if you want to use different texture you may
  • Create a modified copy of model in 3DS which will point to other texture files (for 4 model files per plane)
  • or
  • modify the provided texture, but it will modify all the instance of the plane used => no way to have for example 2 skin for 2 albatros squadron in the same mission

So it could at least be possible to mod the "static plane mod" to replace some texture by others, in order to have some skins in sync with the historical period. But this mean taht you should have to mod the mod for each mission you want to play…

Hmm - I'm not sure I understand all the nuances here, but it sounds promising. It sounds like the first suggested approach would be needed for squadron-specific markings or country-specific markings (and the former still seems to be too massive an undertaking but the latter maybe not?).

But it sounds like the second approach might be easier and would be sufficient at least for time-period-specific markings for the German planes. If the static models are just pointing to a skin/texture (.dds) file living somewhere in the folder structure for their paint jobs, then it seems like a simple tweak to the mod (or a simple separate mod) to install either an early-marked version or a late-marked version of the skin/texture file (with the same default file name that the static object is expecting), to be activated based on whether your mission is before or after the markings change-over date, might be something that could work without too much effort maybe?

In any event, if the new 3D files ultimately rely on basically pointing to specific skin-type texture files for their paint jobs, then that sounds like it might be a lot more manageable than if the only way to change the skins on the static planes was to try to draw new skins/markings on the 3D model files themselves. If it were just a question of taking a copy of the set of 3D files that had been created for a generic Albatros D.III (for example) and modifying some text/pointers in those files to make them point to the skin file for a standard Jasta 11 AD3 (for example), thus creating a new static Albatros D.III just for Jasta 11, that sounds like something I might be able to handle if someone would provide me with the original set of generic 3D files to begin with. (Of course, I'd have to get and learn how to use whatever 3D software was needed, but if that sort of text/parameter substitution was all the tweaking I had to do to those files I'm sure I could figure it out.)

#17 lefuneste

lefuneste

Posted 24 March 2014 - 18:21

If it were just a question of taking a copy of the set of 3D files that had been created for a generic Albatros D.III (for example) and modifying some text/pointers in those files to make them point to the skin file for a standard Jasta 11 AD3 (for example), thus creating a new static Albatros D.III just for Jasta 11, that sounds like something I might be able to handle
That's it.
But maybe it is possible to modify the reference in MGM file without using 3DS. I will try it.

You can also modify the default textures in \MODS\static_planes\data\graphics\textures\common

#18 Genius

Genius

Posted 24 March 2014 - 22:35

Hi,

Private joke:
(oups…lu un peu rapidement, j'avais pas compris que tu cherchais à créer de nouveaux skins sans utiliser 3ds max pour modifier le modèle) :xx:

C'est moi qui fait mon boulet…

#19 Pierre2

Pierre2
  • LocationAdelaide

Posted 24 March 2014 - 23:56

Man, this is brilliant, many thanks for your efforts. Can you PM Pat Wilson to see if he can incorporate it into PWCG?

#20 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 25 March 2014 - 00:16

@ Genius - That's intriguing. I wish I knew something about 3D modeling and that software so I could figure out if what you showed above is easy or hard :)

Basically, I read over the tutorial that lefuneste posted, and it's clear that I have no hope of doing all that work to create a static model. So, if the only way to get a static model of (for example) a Jasta 11 Albatros D.III is to start from scratch and do all that opening, zooming, cropping, detroying vortexes, jumping through wormholes and creating rifts in the space-time continuum as explained in that tutorial, then I'm not going to be any help here.

HOWEVER, what I was hoping was that if someone else manages to do all that work to create (for example) a static model of a generic/default Albatros D.III, and the only reason that it looks like a generic/default Albatros D.III is that it refers in some fashion to the default Albatros D.III skin file, then maybe I could do the work to take that default static Albatros D.III and change the pointers so it points to the skin file for the default Jasta 11 Albatros D.III and wind up with a copy of the static model that now looks like a Jasta 11 Albatros D.III (without having to go through all that other stuff necessary to create the original static model in the first place).

If it could be that simple (just changing pointers and saving down copies), I'd be happy to take the original generic static models someone else creates and turn them into hordes of squadron-specific and country/time-period-specific static models since I have all the data about which skin files should be used with which units during which time frames.

#21 lefuneste

lefuneste

Posted 25 March 2014 - 14:11

Just to know: how many version would you like to have for each plane (alb D2, D2lt, D3, D5…) ?

#22 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 25 March 2014 - 15:46

Just to know: how many version would you like to have for each plane (alb D2, D2lt, D3, D5…) ?

Well, I guess that depends on how tough it is to (a) create a large number of variants of each plane type, and (b) install a large number of them into the game for use in missions.

If we need to keep the number of variants relatively small, then we could just stick with generic default paint jobs. In that case, it would be good to have about 3 or 4 variants of most Central plane types (to allow for different camo and marking scheme changes over time), and 3 or 4 variants of most Entente planes (to allow for use by different countries, e.g., some combination of Britain, France, Belgium, USA, as well as different time periods/camo schemes).

If large numbers of variants would not cause a problem, then it would be nice to have separate variants for each squadron as well as time period (but that could require lots of variants for some aircraft types, perhaps 50 or more for some of them, especially the later war types).

As I said, if the process of applying the different skins to already-created 3D model files could be a fairly simple exercise of changing pointers to existing skin files, I'd be able to knock out all these variants in relatively short order. But if it requires any actual new drawing or manipulation of the models in the 3D software, then that would be out of my reach.

#23 lefuneste

lefuneste

Posted 25 March 2014 - 21:20

Wow.
~40 planes in Rof x 2 static models x 4 skin versions ~ 320 static planes objects !
I wonder if RoF editor can handle so much objects…

Anyway I copy the alb.3 model and modify it by a HEX editor to point to a new skin (skin AD3_41j2color.dds renamed stXalbatrosd3.dds) without any change. And…
It works !

Attached File  Capture.JPG   222.31KB   436 downloads

So there is no need to go through 3DS to modify texture of a model.
I have now to
    ]
  • rename all my texture from st_PlaneName.dds to st_PlaneName_default.dds and modify all the models of the mods to use the rename texture.
  • This will allow you to use explicit name of texture (you must keep the same number of character in texture name). Eg st_albatrosd3_default.dds=>st_albatrosd3_J11_17x.dds
  • make a tool (MSDOS script ? I am not a good programmer) to help you to copy and modify plane model files. But I can't give you a delay for that.
  • [/list

#24 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 25 March 2014 - 22:09

oooh - looks very promising :D

One thing that might help - only relatively few of all the potential static models we might create should actually be needed for any one mission during any given time frame (since mision date and specific squadrons/aircraft types will dictate which subset of the models would be relevant/appropriate for the mission). Perhaps the models could be grouped into subset packages based on aircraft type, country, date range or similar factors, and possibly stored in a library of sorts where they could be called upon for insertion into any particular mission as needed, and the mission editor might not ever have to deal with the whole universe of models that way?

#25 Spag

Spag
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 March 2014 - 22:26

Hello Everybody,
Please excuse my ignorance, but I downloaded the mod yet nothing appears in the sim.
Is the 'static plane mod' only for custom made missions?
Or is there something I have missed? (which would not surprise me).
Cheers,
Spag. :)

Bite off more than you can chew.

Then chew like Hell ! ! !

#26 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 25 March 2014 - 22:29

@ Spag - my understanding is that this is only for custom mission creation at the moment - maybe someday it will find its way into the game via PWCG or maybe even the devs at some point, depending on how well things go down the road.

#27 lefuneste

lefuneste

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:35

@ Spag - my understanding is that this is only for custom mission creation at the moment - maybe someday it will find its way into the game via PWCG
Yes. Only for user made missions and PWCG (in future versions).
After having installed the mod, you can test it by creating a mission in RoF mission editor and adding a static plane (you will find it in blocks objects)

Perhaps the models could be grouped into subset packages based on aircraft type, country, date range or similar factors, and possibly stored in a library of sorts
Maybe it could be several mods. But it should be tricky to configure properly RoF to have the right static planes regarding the mission you want to play..

#28 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 26 March 2014 - 13:56

Maybe it could be several mods. But it should be tricky to configure properly RoF to have the right static planes regarding the mission you want to play..

Perhaps, but I think it would be fairly easy to divide up the models by time period (e.g., 3 groups, for 1916, 1917 and 1918), and have a simple JSGME mod that would put those models in the right place that players could use to make sure they had the right models available depending upon when they were flying their missions. I'm not sure exactly how Pat would deal with this for his PWCG missions, but I assume he could figure out a way to pull from the total pool/library based on the sort of factors (date, country, etc.) I mentioned above (I could give him a spreadsheet with those factors associated with each model so he'd know which ones to pull in for any given mission PWCG might be generating).

#29 lefuneste

lefuneste

Posted 29 March 2014 - 14:34

I uploaded the 1.1 version: it include a MSDOS script "copy_plane.cmd" in the mod main directory.
This script allow you to copy all files needed for a new plane. You will only have to modidy the created 4 MGM files to point to your new textures. Of course, as it create the new plane in the mod DIR, you will have to install again the MOD in order to have your plane in RoF.

Tutorial: as example we want to create a new albatrosD2 static plane with the skin "AD2_Default_3camo.dds"

Copy the skin in MODS\static_planes\data\graphics\textures\common. Rename it as "st_albatrosd2_def3cam.dds" (the skin must have the same number of char that the default one, which have the form "PlaneName_default.dds" for the undestroyed planes and "PlaneName_default_D1.dds" for the destroyed ones).
Copy it also with the name "st_albatrosd2_def3cam_D1.dds" for the damaged models of albatrosd2.
Change the resolution to 512x512 and make non black part of alpha channel 100% lighter.

Launch the copy_plane.cmd script in the static plane mod DIR (by cliking 2 times on it).
I used the name "albatrosd2_defskin3" for the new plane (no need to have a the same name than the skin)

The script will create all the needed files.
Attached File  copy_plane.JPG   37.32KB   388 downloads

Now the tricky thing: you must edit all the MGM files (see the list in MSDOS windows) in order to replace "st_albatrosd2_default.dds" by "st_albatrosd2_def3cam.dds"
I used Notepad++ with the Hex Editor plugin to do that(with the find&replace feature)
Attached File  replace.JPG   207.23KB   387 downloads

Once done, install the mod again => you will have the albatrosd2_defskin3_DM1 and albatrosd2_defskin3_DM2 static planes available, with the new skin.
Attached File  new_planeJPG.JPG   253.58KB   388 downloads

#30 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 29 March 2014 - 23:31

Copy the skin in MODS\static_planes\data\graphics\textures\common. Rename it as "st_albatrosd2_def3cam.dds" (the skin must have the same number of char that the default one, which have the form "PlaneName_default.dds" for the undestroyed planes and "PlaneName_default_D1.dds" for the destroyed ones).
Copy it also with the name "st_albatrosd2_def3cam_D1.dds" for the damaged models of albatrosd2.

When you say to copy the skin in that MODS file, do you really mean to copy/paste the actual skin file you're trying to use from the normal RoF skin folders into the MODS\static_planes\data\graphics\textures\common location, twice, and then rename both copies in the manner you suggest?

Change the resolution to 512x512 and make non black part of alpha channel 100% lighter.

By this, do you mean to open the new copies of the skin that you have pasted into the MODS location in PhotoShop, change the image size to 512x512, and lighten up the non-black areas of the alpha channel as you state? (and by making those areas "100% lighter" do you mean increase the brightness by 100?)

#31 lefuneste

lefuneste

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:48

You are right for both questions.
In fact you can use standard skins as they are (i did it for the tutorial example you may notice that the new plane has a more refined skin) but in this case the plane will not be glossy and ghe skin will take more ressources than wanted (the static object may be most fps friendly as possible).

#32 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 30 March 2014 - 13:18

OK - very cool. I'm about to be gone from my RoF PC for a week or so, so I probably won't be able to play around with this until next week after I get back, but when I get a chance to crank a couple out I'll post them and maybe someone who knows how to use the Mission Editor can check them out and make sure they work before I start cranking out a whole bunch.

#33 lefuneste

lefuneste

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:16

Version 2.0 (see first post) Added dh4,soptriplane,albatrosd5,breguet14,pfalzd3a,sopcamel,halberstadtcl2,halberstadtcl2au,spad13,fokkerdr1

#34 J5_Rumey

J5_Rumey

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:37

Gj m8!

#35 Fawlty

Fawlty
  • LocationVictoria B.C.

Posted 07 April 2014 - 23:07

I may have missed the answer I'm looking for but here's my question.
I build coop mission for our group and would like to add these static planes. We always fly mods on.
Does each of our members need to add this to their game to be able to join/see these or does it only need to be added during the mission build?

Edit, did some tests and I see the mod needs to be added by everyone to be able to see the objects. We just added the moving infantry mod so I better not push it.

Thanks for your work lefuneste and hope to see this added in a future update.

Cheers
F

#36 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 08 April 2014 - 16:08

Version 2.0 (see first post) Added dh4,soptriplane,albatrosd5,breguet14,pfalzd3a,sopcamel,halberstadtcl2,halberstadtcl2au,spad13,fokkerdr1

I am working to get these into the next PWCG release. Thanks for the updates.

A request: Fokker D.VII and SE5a? Those are the biggest gaps that I have right now.

#37 lefuneste

lefuneste

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:39

I will finish all the single and two seaters (except seaplanes) for the end of next week at the latest. I can anticipate the release the SE5a (already done) and the DVII this week end if you wish.
At this moment I do not plan to make static planes for seaplanes and heavy bombers, until someone request them.
I can easily make version of existing static planes to allow the use of others skins than default ones. But this will lead to a very huge number of objects, to cover all the squadron/time period.
One idea to cope with this should be to make some version of plane dedicated to PWCG. They will point to specific texture that PWCG may overwrite regarding the current generated mission. The static planes can use the standard plane skins, so you can use the texture made for PWCG, the drawback is that the plane will not by glossy, but I think that it is counterbalanced by the fact that you will have the right squadron texture.
Of course this in not very elegant, but I do not see any other way to have more than default skins in a mission.
Do you agree?
If yes, which plane may have specific versions, and how many versions should be used in parallel?
For example, you may have 3 or 4 airfields in the mission perimeter, so it could be interesting to have a specific version of static planes for each airfield, to allow the player to see the specific squadron skin if he fly over these airfields.

#38 Ztenis

Ztenis

Posted 10 April 2014 - 12:30

Great work! :S!:

#39 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 10 April 2014 - 20:34

Excelent, just excellent! :S!:

#40 flapping-brown

flapping-brown

Posted 10 April 2014 - 21:38

nice visual thing but doesnt adding multiple objects affect frame rates badly just like hordes of soldiers attacking a trench?….it did in il2 i am sure
flapping brown

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users