Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Probably pre-Italian Front map

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#121 BaronVonMyakin

BaronVonMyakin

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:06

I hate to show unfinished work-in-process! But at the same time I don't want that you all think I gave up the project.

So there is some little exeption from my self-rules (and by the way I have promised for a long time to show something new) - some WIP models of the city blocks and the Trento's Cathedral.

So the work is going on and I'm still involved in this project  ^_^

Attached File  gr#1.jpg   67.27KB   12 downloads  Attached File  gr#2.jpg   65.6KB   5 downloads  Attached File  gr#3.jpg   73.64KB   5 downloads

Attached File  gr#4.jpg   87.84KB   4 downloads  Attached File  gr#5.jpg   85.48KB   4 downloads  Attached File  gr#6.jpg   103.01KB   5 downloads

Besides that I have finally found a solution to build cypress trees for the map and they look really good. I lost much blood with this damned tree but I'm glad that this step was made finally and successfully! Unfortunately I have no screenshots of the cypress in the moment to show you.

#122 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:36

Nice work!

#123 Genius

Genius

Posted 10 March 2017 - 20:42

Nice city block  :icon_e_salute:

#124 PCDurum

PCDurum

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:07

Keep up the great work Baron!  :icon_e_salute:

#125 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 14 March 2017 - 09:42

Looking good!

Hauptmann 
Jagdstaffel 2 "Boelcke"

xfnaaHq.jpg

#126 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 15 March 2017 - 22:21

I hate to show unfinished work-in-process!

Three years after the first post.  It looks like a wonderful map, but at this point you share what you have, WIP or not, while this sim still exists and a handful of people might want to try it (or even help finish it).

#127 BaronVonMyakin

BaronVonMyakin

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:49

Oh really three years.. I forget always when I have begun this map. It seems for me all time that it was started last year. Loooong time..

In the beginning of this project I thought I need a half-year to finish it but short time later I have realized that there is much more work as I thought especially when you get almost no help from the developers. 

That wasn't problem to build relief - that was made enough quickly and it was enough clear to understand how I should build it. Textures, masks, water in mountain regions, new trees - that all has given me enough headache. Yes, there is official SDK but it's old and for example some technologies of the Channel Map are not described there and they are different as used ones in the West Front map. So I needed to test, to try - then correct - then again test and try - again correct and so on till you hate this all. Plus add personal life and job to that and you will get perfect receipt of the long-time project building..

I don't reject any help (if it may look so) with this map. I have written before that I will appreciate any help with models of the city blocks and historical buildings. Some help with the landscape is not so neccessary at the moment because it's finished and I just polish it right now. For example I'm checking roads now - there are possible some problems with the cross-roads because of relief features. 

#128 Lothar29

Lothar29

Posted 23 March 2017 - 20:06

really good job! looking nice

BannerFEOWPiave2012.png

#129 stefanoloda

stefanoloda
  • LocationItaly

Posted 10 September 2017 - 16:34

Any news a about this great project? Thanks

#130 BaronVonMyakin

BaronVonMyakin

Posted 12 September 2017 - 14:59

I'm preparing textures for the bulding at the moment but this work is going pretty slow.

An one reason of that is that I couldn't be sure more if my map will be included into the game. Unfortunately, Jason couldn't promise me if the team will be able to add the map in ROF.

As you understand, in this case my enthusiasm gone a bit down after that and I don't see any reason to invest my free time in my project if it'll be for nothing in the end.

Of course I hope and believe in shiny future :) and only because of that I didn't give up the project yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users