- - - - -

Pre-order Hanriot and Enjoy the Sale

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 Zak_1CGS

Zak_1CGS

Posted 25 February 2014 - 14:19

Dear Pilots,

The winter is passing us and it's time to recall a couple recent events in the Rise of Flight world. First of all, let us remind you about the Gladiators 4x4 tournament that took place in December 2013 just before Christmas. In this “Duel challenge” for virtual squads, 9 teams faced each other in exciting dogfight events for 2, 4 and 8 pilots per arena. The event gathered players from Europe and the US and after several days of intense combat that the winners were crowned. The three winning teams collected prize money totaling $2400. We’re always glad to support creative community ideas and anyone has a chance to make a full scale tournament and count on our support.

Along those lines, Jasta 5 is preparing another Bloody April multiplayer event. Check the ROF forum for more details. It’s shaping up to be an interesting event with some additional objects, new airfields and changes to the Lens sector on the map. Also, if you like hyper-historical single player, don’t forget to check out Pat Wilson’s Campaign Generator. He’s done a tremendous job utilizing all of ROF’s mission creating technology. It’s a lot of fun and very well done. Check this area in the forum for more information. Pat Wilson's Campaign Generator

This year marks the 5th anniversary of the retail release of ROF. We’re not as young as we used to be, but we still have a couple of aces up our sleeve. And today we’re happy to reveal to you the first element of our release plan for this year– meet the Hanriot HD.1 which is now available for pre-order! This is an elegant French biplane initially built to replace Nieuports for the Entente. Manufactured in France and flown primarily by Belgium on the Western Front, it was also flown by Italy and found success in the hands of Italian pilots. The HD.1 was a light and maneuverable aircraft that first saw combat in 1917. Several became distinguished aces flying this machine. It’s also known for a second variant called the HD.2 that was not only sometimes modified with an extra machine gun, but was also fitted with floats to serve the French Navy. So when you pre-order the HD.1 you are actually getting two machines: a plane with classic land gear and a hydroplane. We have no doubt that you can put both types to good use and enjoy them – at least as much as we enjoyed making them for you.

But that’s not all, to celebrate these two events and to arrange a warm transition to spring-time, here is a new big sale in the ROF store. Everything goes for half-price, with one traditional exception for pre-order items. If you haven’t been generous to yourself lately and find yourself wanting a plane that would make you a happy pilot – this is your chance! And don’t forget about the Channel map – there’s so much water around there for your new Hanriot floatplane.

Check out the sale prices and make yourself or your friends happy with some new Rise of Flight aircraft or mods! You deserve it!

Sale ends on March 4th

#2 Bullets

Bullets

Posted 25 February 2014 - 14:42

YAYAYYAYAYAY

#3 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 25 February 2014 - 14:50

Nice, I think I will begin to bore people with that, but can we have some infos about an "upgraded" Strutter (camera loadout, bombsight)?

515024ActionjoeScreen.jpg

#4 jeanba4

jeanba4

Posted 25 February 2014 - 14:52

You do not bore me.
This is important to fly the Strutter beyond "test flights"

#5 Dr.Zebra

Dr.Zebra

Posted 25 February 2014 - 15:52

cool, a 2-version hanriot is great choice for a further plane, thanks guys, that is goood news!

#6 ER_Rawlings

ER_Rawlings
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 February 2014 - 16:49

Nice, but…. WHY no german Aircraft? :(

76561198093584915.png

6309e3edc5.jpg

#7 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 25 February 2014 - 16:54

Nice, but…. WHY no german Aircraft? :(

Because you were not nice and therefore are punished!

#8 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 25 February 2014 - 18:10

Wow - I am soooo looking forward to this addition, especially the floatplane version :)

Will have to wait till I get back from work to pre-order, but will jump on it as soon as I can later tonight.

Thanks to 777 for keeping the good stuff flowing, despite the "distractions" of BoS :S!:

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#9 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 25 February 2014 - 18:48

Confused, I pre-ordered the Hanriot HD.1 this afternoon for US$11.50, I see it's now down to just US$8.99! :shock:

#10 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 25 February 2014 - 19:01

Yeah, what's all that about?

#11 Fabioccio

Fabioccio

Posted 25 February 2014 - 20:15

HD1 ? Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yeeeeees!!! :D :D :D

Nice, I think I will begin to bore people with that, but can we have some infos about an "upgraded" Strutter (camera loadout, bombsight)?
+ 1

:S!:

#12 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 25 February 2014 - 20:20

Good news for our Belgian friends!…Hanriot was needed indeed, and is a good next step for ROF world :S!:

#13 Wile_E_Quixote

Wile_E_Quixote
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 February 2014 - 20:47

Thanks RoF devs, this is great news! Not only as reassurance we still have a future, but also because I've looked forward to this plane very much…it's a beauty.

And I'd like to add that releasing significant variants of the planes you produce at the time you field them, is an outstanding idea that I hope you'll continue with always. Often in MMP events having the correct variant available can make a world of difference. Salute!

#14 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 25 February 2014 - 21:06

Good news for our Belgian friends!…Hanriot was needed indeed, and is a good next step for ROF world :S!:

Should be good news for the Italians too.
Hanriot was quite popular on the Austro/Italian front.

#15 JG1Baron_J6

JG1Baron_J6

Posted 25 February 2014 - 21:28

Looking forward to HD1 :) Preordered ofcourse 8-) Im nosy which plane will for Central side. :)

lZOFjj.jpg

RIKzxM.jpg

#16 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 25 February 2014 - 22:53

Images???? (I mean,new ones?)

#17 HippyDruid

HippyDruid

Posted 25 February 2014 - 23:19

Wow - I am soooo looking forward to this addition, especially the floatplane version :)

Yeah, Totally!

Thanks Mr.Devs :S!:

#18 captgeo

captgeo
  • LocationOntario,Canada

Posted 26 February 2014 - 00:15

ok, can we hear if there is a plan to offer this and the Strutter on Steam soon ?

#19 Lanzfeld

Lanzfeld

Posted 26 February 2014 - 00:38

I would like to believe that you are also going to fix the game. Can you talk about that Jason please?

#20 borntoolate

borntoolate

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:11

In such a hurry to pre-order, that I forgot to sign in! :roll:
Pre-ordered! :D

B.E.2c and Albatros C.III next, please!

"We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight." Wilfrid May

#21 Major_Marvel

Major_Marvel

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:19

:o ………Excellent,order made :mrgreen:

#22 flugkapitan

flugkapitan

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:59

Even though I only fly single player and for the Central Powers, I pre-ordered the Hanriot, as I have every other aircraft that 777 has released, even if I do not fly them. I do it to support the devs.

Also I finally ordered the 2 pilot personalization packs. Been meaning to do that for quite some time ;-)

Cheers,
Scott

#23 blackram

blackram

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:29

184 Kmh at sea level..phew!

and BTW Hanriot HD.1 is definitely 1917 plane (no 1916 as stated in store) as italians got them not before 1917…

#24 J99-Himmelhund

J99-Himmelhund

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:38

Again an entente airplane? No -Thanks!

I will spend no more money on such a one-sided development in future.
Till present I have bought everything what has offered RoF. Now this is over!

I fear, this will split the RoF Community more and more.
This one-sided development makes the Central Community search itself for alternatives, Successor from RB3D, OFF … ore own maps with well-balanced relations!

I think if this development goes on in such a way, no more opponents will have in RoF the entente soon and then must play with her own thing themselves.

#25 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:44

Pre-ordered - hangar full again.

#26 J99_Panzer

J99_Panzer

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:20

More Central planes please!

The game is not balanced anymore! :(

#27 jeanba4

jeanba4

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:35

This one-sided development makes the Central Community search itself for alternatives, Successor from RB3D, OFF … ore own maps with well-balanced relations!

I think if this development goes on in such a way, no more opponents will have in RoF the entente soon and then must play with her own thing themselves.
Remind me what I thought when no french plane were released for almost a year.
I think 777 should release 1 germman, 1 britis and 1 french plane to keep balance

#28 J99-Himmelhund

J99-Himmelhund

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:04

I am gone out from the relation Central : Entente.
In the final effect it is about the relative strength.

Up to now it stood 17: 22, I think. Now 17 : 23.
If I look at the quality of the flight characteristics, it looks even worse.

#29 J99K.v.Wesel

J99K.v.Wesel

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:12

I want more central aircrafts too. so the Entente Pilots have the edge over the centrals. And by the way, why only entente plains can carry bombs? At WW1 central plains also bombed her targets.
I can`t understand that.

Cheers

Klaus

#30 Tridens92

Tridens92

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:25

Will there be a corresponding Winter Sale on Steam? I'm locked into the Steam version for my upgrades. Thanks.

#31 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:09

Hanriot HD.1
The Hanriot HD.1 was a French World War I single-seat fighter aircraft. Rejected for service with French squadrons in favour of the SPAD S.7, the type was supplied to the Belgian and the Italian air forces with whom it proved highly successful. Of a total of about 1,200 examples built, 831 were in fact produced by Italian companies under licence.
Yes, the Belgian and the Italian air forces have far too many aircraft in ROF already, it's outrageous 777 select this aircraft for the next release. :roll:

Those of us that like to fly WWI combat sims are but a tiny number compared with WWII, if half of you won't buy the latest plane due to it being on the wrong side, to weak (target aircraft), your pet peeve hasn't been addressed yet, the grass is greener on the other side of the lines, etc, etc, etc. What makes you think there will be any further development of this sim? :o

#32 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:09

Oh my god… (sob, groan, sigh) there aren't enough German planes… it's not fair, I want my mummy WAAAAH! :mrgreen:
Get a grip chaps, war isn't fair… and its certainly not about balance.

#33 Endy

Endy

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:36

Nice, a Belgian plane, and one with floats too. :)

Will pre-order shortly. :S!:

#34 Dr.Zebra

Dr.Zebra

Posted 26 February 2014 - 13:42

just celebrate a bit:
it´s post war, but in late 1918 the HD-2 flew of the ship paris and later in 1920 they had this cool contraption… the bapaume, what a nice boat..(however the plane in the pics with the bapaume is no HD-2, but nieuport 12 )

mod, anyone? ;=)

Attached Images

• hd2.jpg
  • hd2closeup.jpg
  • hd2bapaume.jpg
  • bapaume.jpg

#35 Strid

Strid
  • LocationItaly

Posted 26 February 2014 - 14:07

Will there be a corresponding Winter Sale on Steam? I'm locked into the Steam version for my upgrades. Thanks.

Same here.
Thank to the 50% off I actually have all DLC's but still missing some planes, I hope they will be in the next DLC along with the Hanriot.

Oderint dum metuant

#36 Der.Mo

Der.Mo

Posted 26 February 2014 - 14:16

A new Entene plane means more variety of planes we Jasta pilots can shoot down, i´m fine with this!

#37 J99-Himmelhund

J99-Himmelhund

Posted 26 February 2014 - 15:24

For which pay if it does no more fun?!

#38 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 26 February 2014 - 15:41

(however the plane in the pics with the bapaume is no HD-2, but nieuport 12 )

And on the first picture, it seems to be a Nieuport-Delage 29. Can't believe we don't already have this one. :D

515024ActionjoeScreen.jpg

#39 J99EasyTarget

J99EasyTarget

Posted 26 February 2014 - 16:15

I think 777 should release 1 germman, 1 britis and 1 french plane to keep balance

Just kidding….?! I am not perfect in the history but there was not war between German x British x France

I am really confused with RoF. If I am looking the servers at evening {in Europe about 22p.m.} there are about 80 people. This number was in RedBaron when it was very very old game.

Unfortunately, I cannot see there any future.

Until now it is not finished product. Pre-Order anything in RoF is joke! What kind of customers buy something like this… I am in only because my friends not because RoF.
8-)

#40 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 26 February 2014 - 16:49

Just kidding….?! I am not perfect in the history but there was not war between German x British x France

I am really confused with RoF. If I am looking the servers at evening {in Europe about 22p.m.} there are about 80 people. This number was in RedBaron when it was very very old game.

Unfortunately, I cannot see there any future.

Until now it is not finished product. Pre-Order anything in RoF is joke! What kind of customers buy something like this… I am in only because my friends not because RoF.
8-)

You should probably go back to playing RB3.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users