- - - - -

High Altitude: CtF (Need Help)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NakedSquirrel

NakedSquirrel
  • Tester

Posted 12 February 2014 - 00:16

The basic idea is to make a CTF game, but instead of the flag area being on the ground, have it in the air (This is an air combat game after all). I have been trying to get this to work for a long time, but I haven't had much luck.

Flags are standard 'ground' objects, so they are fixed on the ground and cannot be elevated in the editor.

The first thing I tried was to edit the .mission file with notepad and change the Y axis, but the game automatically changes this value when it changes and reads the file as a .misbin file. (If anyone knows how to de-code .misbin files a PM would be much appreciated.)

The next thing I tried was to edit the luascript.txt files in the editor. There are no variables under the flag.txt file that allow me to change the MCU_TR_Entity's spawn height (Aka the flag logic MCU), however I did have success using the "Attach to" command.

Class_name = "CStaticBlock"
object_name = "flyingflag"

////// PhysicsBody properties

SoundScript=""

[attach=0]
position= -0.17, 2000.7, 0
object = "LuaScripts/WorldObjects/flag.txt"
[end]

StaticEmitter=5,"luascripts\worldobjects\emitters\BuildingDust5.txt"
StaticEmitter=10,"luascripts\worldobjects\emitters\BuildingDust10.txt"
StaticEmitter=20,"luascripts\worldobjects\emitters\BuildingDust20.txt"
StaticEmitter=40,"luascripts\worldobjects\emitters\BuildingDust40.txt"

////TrashWood="LuaScripts\WorldObjects\Trash\Trash.txt"
////TrashArmor="LuaScripts\WorldObjects\Trash\Trash.txt"

CrashDelay=0.5
logtreshold=0.005

The only trouble with this is that I couldn't edit the size of the influence area, the time of the flag drop, or the coalition it belongs to, so the flag spawns with a 1000m radius, neutral, and down. Since it loads after the mission, I can't edit these values in the editor.

I'm just posting to see if anyone knows where the MCU scripts are located in the ".gtp" files or if anyone has any other ideas/advice.

CTF / Capture the zone is a pretty common game mode in most multiplayer games. I think higher altitude CTF would be a lot of fun for RoF, and it would show off some of the unique performance of these aircraft at different altitudes.

#2 Dr.Zebra

Dr.Zebra

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:14

what about using other triggers for the flags? like shooting down superhigh balloons?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users