- - - - -

PWCG Requests/Demands/Bugs

• Please log in to reply
401 replies to this topic

#81 Koziolek

Koziolek

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:08

I had the same problem. What I suspect is:
After a kill, you claim a Balloon ( you cannot choose anything else)
but PWCG confirms you shot down a Drachen
Probably for PWCG Drachen is not the same as Balloon and claim is rejected

#82 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 14 February 2014 - 14:03

Hmm…maybe…it said Ae Type…but had choice between other targets killed too, in this mission.

#83 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 14 February 2014 - 14:30

That certainly used to be a problem. I did expand the definition of "Balloon" but the possibility of an error is always there.

Here is the code that checks for a balloon. It's Java but pretty self explanatory.

if (name.toLowerCase().contains(new String("parseval").toLowerCase()))
{
return true;
}
else if (name.toLowerCase().contains(new String("drachen").toLowerCase()))
{
return true;
}
else if (name.toLowerCase().contains(new String("caquot").toLowerCase()))
{
return true;
}
else if (name.toLowerCase().contains(new String("aetype").toLowerCase()))
{
return true;
}
else if (name.toLowerCase().contains(new String(Plane.BALLOON).toLowerCase()))
{
return true;
}

Two things make it lenient:
1. Both strings are forced to lower case to avoid case sensitivity
2. "Contains" is used instead of "Equals", which means that as long as the text is somewhere in the string it counts.

#84 Koziolek

Koziolek

Posted 14 February 2014 - 16:13

Maybe if we could claim the exact type of balloon shot down ( i.e. Drachen oe Ae Type) , like we can with planes, then it would work ?

#85 Palatine

Palatine

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:35

Pat,

Just a couple of odd bugs or buglets I encountered (running 15.7.2 but they might have entered earlier):

1) As an observer in an FE2b I shot down an enemy two-seater, but the victory was awarded to the pilot only and not (also?) to my observer character.

2) Flying, again as an observer, we were on a photo recon mission and on returning I discovered that an AI pilot in the flight had "shot down" a Daimmler truck, and it was counted as an aerial victory. (Simulates a pilot with incredible pull at GHQ?) : ) I thought a while back you had blocked the ground targets from air victories, maybe you missed one?

1.5.7.x is incredible; really varied and all fun –

#86 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:25

Do not think it is PWCG 15.7.2 fault but I was behind a Albatros DII, but my Fee gunner did nothing.
I'm using GAV AI gunner mod.

Balloons are working btw.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#87 Koziolek

Koziolek

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:40

Balloons are working btw.

You mean, that you have a claim for a shot down balloon accepted? :0o:

#88 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 15 February 2014 - 13:31

No that not, they are showing up, so I can use them for navigating.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#89 Koziolek

Koziolek

Posted 15 February 2014 - 19:39

One more piece of information concerning balloons
I just flew a mission, where my AI wingman shoot down a balloon. He has it confirmed in his log ( below)

On 03/05/1918 destroyed a Drachen
On 03/05/1918 destroyed a infantryde

but his victories are still : 0
No 46 sqadron RAF , pilot name Ambrose Faldo

#90 thedudeWG

thedudeWG

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:12

Note to self (and Pat) - six planes max at Mars-la-Tour!

Attached File  ROF 2014-02-15 01-02-08-87.jpg   377.66KB   75 downloads

#91 Spag

Spag
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:30

Hello Everybody,

I can't seem to get my skin to stick.
Everytime I finish a mission I have to reset it, yet the other skins set for the rest of the squadron are ok, they stay there.

Any ideas?
I am in May 1917 using the channel map with scouts.

Cheers,
Spag. :)

Bite off more than you can chew.

Then chew like Hell ! ! !

#92 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 16 February 2014 - 15:30

Hello Everybody,

Everytime I finish a mission I have to reset it, yet the other skins set for the rest of the squadron are ok, they stay there.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Make sure you:
- assign the skin
- click "Finish Reading" twice
- then click "Leave Campaign"

…that aughta do it.

#93 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 16 February 2014 - 15:37

Hello Everybody,

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Make sure you:
- assign the skin
- click "Finish Reading" twice
- then click "Leave Campaign"

…that aughta do it.

Leave the campaign seems to be the trick inhere, hmmm rather unlogic if I may say.

#94 Spag

Spag
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 February 2014 - 20:43

Thanks guys,

Why didn't I think to 'leave campaign' to get it to work 'in campaign'?
Well done to pick that up, not the most obvious fix.

Cheers,

#95 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 16 February 2014 - 22:12

I had said that in a precious post - that the campaign is saved when you leave the campaign. However, I agree that is not the best thing. I need to add save points to the campaign at other places where there is a change.

#96 Spag

Spag
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:25

I had said that in a precious post - that the campaign is saved when you leave the campaign. However, I agree that is not the best thing. I need to add save points to the campaign at other places where there is a change.

Hello Pat,
Its not easy keeping up with every post about PWCG.
I wouldn't worry too much about fixing something like this, I am sure you have more important things to do.
Thanks for a great campaign Pat, also thanks for letting us donate to the cause.
Cheers,

#97 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 18 February 2014 - 16:48

In a few missions I've flown lately I'm finding AAA spawning as neutral deep behind lines.
Flew a mission out of Roucourt today only for my leader to be blown out of the sky with a direct hit from a "neutral" AAA emplacement seconds into the mission.
Ran through a few missions in the editor and found a few more "neutral" AAA points.
Only checked the German side of the lines, but they do seems to be random.

sig.png

#98 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 18 February 2014 - 17:52

AAA should be generated based on who owns the location. If the ownership of the location is wrong then the AAA will be wrong (i.e. a German bridge behind British lines). A little confused about the neutral thing.
1. There should be no neutral AAA.
2. If it's neutral why is it firing at anybody?

Anyhow, if you post a mission file I can try to take a look at it.

#99 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 18 February 2014 - 17:57

Pat - I don't know about the "neutral" thing, but his description does make me wonder if maybe he's got "moving front" turned on and is running across things that seem to be "behind the lines" based on the in-game map but which are actually in enemy territory based on the moving front location?

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#100 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 18 February 2014 - 19:54

No moving front, never used it.

Neutral AAA will fire at anything AFAIK,

I'll check the surrounding objects on the example missions I have.

I am using Paf's modded cities and airfields so it may be something in there.
I do know that his blocks are all set as neutral but there maybe something in their causing an issue.
Knowing how the AAA is placed has helped. I'm presuming bridges, stations and industry are things to look at?

If I can't find anything I'll post up an example mission

sig.png

#101 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 18 February 2014 - 20:11

After thinking about it for a while I would say it's definitely Paf's Modded cities.

Can you confirm what generates AAA so I can set allegiance of the those objects so national AAA is spawned rather than "neutral"

sig.png

#102 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 18 February 2014 - 23:08

AAA is generated around major areas like towns, bridges, rail stations, etc. What you have to do is assign a proper country code to the components added by modded cities.

I added some code to prevent generation of AAA if country cannot be determined, so this problem should go away in 15.8.

#103 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 18 February 2014 - 23:25

Initial tests are drawing a blank.

I'm using Roucourt (set as a German field in airfields.rofcampaign) as a test and made all objects in the group German.

When I created a mission it created 1 german AAA and 1 neutral AAA. *scratches head

sig.png

#104 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 19 February 2014 - 00:44

Pat, i wonder if you could reduce ground machine guns accuracy?
Each time i fly low to straff them in appropriate mission, i get fuel tank hitted…or more.
Maybe setting them on low skill should do it?
I know it was hard mission in RL, but a bit overdone here IMO.

#105 thedudeWG

thedudeWG

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:48

I have one request: the Pfalz D.IIIa for Jasta 7. They started to receive them late Sept. '17, but my previous pilot survived up until late Jan. '18 with no sign of the Pfalz. :?

#106 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:55

Pat - just tried flying another mission in 15.7.2, but noticed several problems/issues:

1. I picked RFC 54 starting 1 OCT 1917. The wrong set of Pup skins were presented in the top window - the early versions were presented, which should have stopped being available 25 AUG 1917, instead of the later versions appropriate for the OCT 1917 time period (which were presented in the bottom window along with all the other skins).

2. I assigned all the correct (later) skin versions to all the pilots in my squadron by choosing them from the bottom window. However, despite clicking on "leave campaign" after doing so, and clicking on "accept mission" before clicking "fly mission", the skin selections did not stick and all our Pups were wearing generic default skins in game. IIRC, I hit "leave" first by mistake (meant to hit "leave campaign" but didn't read close enough) and then cancelled out when the "request leave" screen came up, so maybe that made the skin assignments come unstuck?

3. I tried to check what the nearby friendly AI planes were wearing but the SPADs I found by cycling through SHIFT+F2 were all flying around in the dense cloud cover the whole time (several minutes - I was curious to see if they'd ever come out of it, but they didn't) so I couldn't ever see what skins they were wearing. The weather for the mission was heavy overcast, so apparently they were flying around in that overcast cloud layer, which surprised me because I thought you had implemented something to keep them below the clouds on those heavy overcast days. (I had changed the weather setting on one of the config areas to "2", in case that matters - maybe I shouldn't have done that?)

BTW - I remember seeing you post something a while back about why you went to making the configuration settings be campaign-level, and it seemed to make sense, but in practice with trying to set up multiple test campaigns it's proving to be something of a pain to have to remember to go in and reset all the config settings each time. Is there some way to easily replicate settings from one campaign to another? Perhaps the ability to import saved settings files (like we can import saved controls/responses files in the RoF settings/options screens) would work, or is there maybe just some config file that I could make a copy of once I do my settings one time, and just copy/paste it into each new campaign before flying with it, to save the trouble of having to configure through all the GUI screens each time? I realize it would probably have to be re-done/resaved or whatever when you release certain new PWCG updates, but it would be worth it to save the hassle while testing/playing with any particular version.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#107 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:53

1. I picked RFC 54 starting 1 OCT 1917. The wrong set of Pup skins were presented in the top window - the early versions were presented, which should have stopped being available 25 AUG 1917, instead of the later versions appropriate for the OCT 1917 time period (which were presented in the bottom window along with all the other skins)

Panther, I have the same issue with my 56 sqn career. The unit uses 4 different skins throughout the war, but no matter when I start the campaign the earliest skin is used - even though the dates are assigned to these skins correctly in the sqadron info file.

#108 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 19 February 2014 - 14:10

My issue resolved.
There were some blocks still "neutral" in Roucourt.

Now I know how AAA is placed, it made it easier to track the issue.

Paf's mods fully intergrated into our COOP campaign now :)

sig.png

#109 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 19 February 2014 - 16:34

@Panther:
1. Will be fixed in 15.8
2. Will be fixed in 15.8
3. Had to alter "fly below the clouds" because is was causing other bugs. Fly below should still happen for heavy cloud cover.
4. Have to look into automating it. It can be done manually by copying RofCampaignSpecific.config from one campaign to the other.

@Reflected
Will be fixed in 15.8

@Dude
Will be fixed in 15.8

@Fifi
MG accuracy is already low.

#110 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 19 February 2014 - 20:45

@Fifi
MG accuracy is already low.

Ok, then it's what i suspected at first.
Probably be a hit box problem. 80% of time, when i'm hitted —> fuel leak…
Not very normal IMO. And not only with ground gunners, but with 2 seaters gunners also.

What i would like to see sometime, is my plane fully pierced of bullets holes (as they were in RL when straffing low) instead of a fuel leak each time!
There isn't 1 ground support mission where i was able to come back home, due to fuel leak :xx:

So only 2 soluces to solve it, by making a mod:
- finding the plane fuel tank damage hitbox and adjusting it…
- or reducing the ground gunner traverse speed and/or rate of fire…

Not for tomorrow :?

#111 Koziolek

Koziolek

Posted 19 February 2014 - 21:49

That certainly used to be a problem. I did expand the definition of "Balloon" but the possibility of an error is always there.

Here is the code that checks for a balloon. It's Java but pretty self explanatory.

if (name.toLowerCase().contains(new String("parseval").toLowerCase()))
{
return true;
}
else if (name.toLowerCase().contains(new String("drachen").toLowerCase()))
{
return true;
}
else if (name.toLowerCase().contains(new String("caquot").toLowerCase()))
{
return true;
}
else if (name.toLowerCase().contains(new String("aetype").toLowerCase()))
{
return true;
}
else if (name.toLowerCase().contains(new String(Plane.BALLOON).toLowerCase()))
{
return true;
}

Two things make it lenient:
1. Both strings are forced to lower case to avoid case sensitivity
2. "Contains" is used instead of "Equals", which means that as long as the text is somewhere in the string it counts.

OK, I found my balloon kills. The are in my pilots log, not with planes but with ground attack results
On 05/08/1917 destroyed a Drachen
On 06/02/1918 destroyed a Drachen
On 16/05/1918 destroyed a Drachen
On 21/05/1918 destroyed a 77mmAAA

looks like PWCG recognises the balloon kills, but just does not count them as aerial victories

#112 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 20 February 2014 - 00:18

@Panther:
3. Had to alter "fly below the clouds" because is was causing other bugs. Fly below should still happen for heavy cloud cover.

That's what I thought I remembered, but that's why I thought it was weird in this case, as this was a mission with the heavy/full overcast cloud cover, yet those SPADs were spending all their time flying around in that heavy cloud layer.

Thanks for dealing with those other items (and for the info on how to copy those settings files manually in case you don't automate it) - am looking forward to the next iteration :)

#113 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:00

@Fifi: Indeed, that's a problem which is unrelated to PWCG. You get hit 5 times you can be sure that you have a fuel or a radiator leak. I would be curious to look at those hit boxes if only I knew how these things work :mrgreen:

@ Pat: Thank you!!!

#114 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 20 February 2014 - 21:32

Pat,

I still only very rarely see any e/a above 4,000 feet (see attached mission) I've never met any at my patrol altitude.

Also, even though I set weather severity to 2, the clouds are now there, but the cloud base is very unrealistic: between 2500-3500m. It should almost always be well under 2000m, more like 1000-1500. However, the wind and turbulence are already quite high on 2. Can we get less wind and more clouds in general?

Thank you!

Attached Files

#115 Swinder36

Swinder36

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:23

Sorry to bump you guys twice in one day, but now I can't create careers in PWCG.

I keep getting the error message 'String index out of range: -1' every time I click 'create career'.

I have put the error log in the spoiler.

PWCG Error
Fri Feb 21 14:56:00 EST 2014
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
at rof.campaign.gui.maingui.CampaignGeneratorGUI.makeCampaign(CampaignGeneratorGUI.java:633)
at rof.campaign.gui.maingui.CampaignChooseServiceGUI.actionPerformed(CampaignChooseServiceGUI.java:318)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Issue is only appearing in v 15.8.

I rolled PWCG back to 15.7.2 and it works just fine.

Any ideas?

#116 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:33

Thanks Koziolek - I'll look into fixing that.

#117 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:19

2 new ideas for improvments - but not sure Pat would like it…
Thinking about stuff that are modelized in ROF, but not appearing in PWCG yet:

- Trains again :oops:
How about a possibility in the GUI to get odds of trains spawning in the landscape on each side?

- Same for barges…even in B career, i never saw one!
Would be cool to get sometime a barge spawning on one of our numerous map canals! (moving or static)
A little shame to see all those always empty!
(if you don't know where they are, just ask me as i'm currently typing them on map)

What do you think?

#118 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 22 February 2014 - 17:00

Random trains is on the to-do list (see page 1). Trains do appear when your target is a train station. They also have a chance of appearing when you over-fly a train station on a recon or offensive patrol. Next step is to include them on stations in the scope of your map for any mission.

Barges - this one is actually far more difficult. PWCG does not know where rives, lakes, ponds etc. are. Remember, PWCG missions are generated by software and not by hand placing units in the ME. There is nothing that tells me "this coordinate is water". So - if you want it I can make it happen, but I need help.
1. Open the ME and look for likely places to but barges.
2. record the coordinates.
3. Record the orientation of subsequent unit placement.
4. Record the nation that the units should be associated with.

If somebody does that and provides the information to me I will use it to put inland shipping down.

#119 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 22 February 2014 - 21:10

Good news for trains Pat 8-)

Ok, understood the barges problem in PWCG.

I will take time to provide you coordinates for best barges placement (of course not too far away of front line, otherwise we will never see them).

For instance, like on map below, i'll give you coordinates for placement:

- near Lens —> barge simulating supply for German troops.
- near Vendin —> this little town had canal harbor for coal barges in RL.
- near Don and Houplin —> those little towns were certainly accomodating barges on their travel

One more question: how many barges per site allowed?
Do you think 1 is enough?
Or maybe 2 when close to town harbor?
Or i can give you 2 placement coordinates for 2 barges, and PWCG will randomize the number?

#120 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 22 February 2014 - 23:36

I usually randomize things, but I find that getting more than three down can be problematic.

Multiple units is why I ask for orientation. The first unit will be placed at the designated spot. The coordinates of the next unit will be calculated by distance and orientation. So if the river is running SE/NW then orientation would be either 135 (SE)or 315 (NW).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users