• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 30 January 2014 - 19:49

Friends,

The ranks ROF pilots continues to swell as more and more virtual flyers discover our little gem. Many new faces are appearing on our forum and new pilots have questions about how ROF works and how they can add content. Due to ROF's long development we have released several editions of ROF for sale with different distribution models. This has been both a good thing for the product, but in some cases a confusing thing for new users. New users want to know how they can add more content and which content can be added to their install. To ease any confusion we have made this chart that will help new users understand how our system works. If you encounter a new pilot that has these sorts of questions please direct them to this post and attached graphic. It should ease any confusion.

ROF_Product_Line_Diagram_Final.jpg

:S!:

Jason

#2 =AH=_Sid

=AH=_Sid

Posted 30 January 2014 - 20:20

Thanks for the explanation Jason, that should make it a bit clearer to new players. Image

p.s. I think you've missed an edition out ;)

'Rise of Flight - Lite' (still available from aeroSOFT).

#3 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 30 January 2014 - 20:25

acepack
bloody april
birth of warbirds
ultimate best fighter
etc etc

What are these packs???
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#4 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 30 January 2014 - 21:01

acepack
bloody april
birth of warbirds
ultimate best fighter
etc etc

What are these packs???

Those are the content packs we offer on Steam.

Jason

#5 Bando

Bando

Posted 30 January 2014 - 21:03

I am very happy that ROF is still going strong.
It does deserve it.
I hope the great discoveries made by the dev team on BoS will flow into ROF as well.

It still is the best WW1 flightsim ever made. (IMO)

#6 HippyDruid

HippyDruid

Posted 30 January 2014 - 21:37

Very interesting to see the changes, especially to the covers.

I really like the cover of RoF v1.0. I haven't seen that before.
Is the picture that was used available as a .jpeg or something? I would like a copy of that!

#7 Albartos

Albartos

Posted 30 January 2014 - 23:39

You can find a download link for the cover art in the useful materials section.
If that is what you are looking for, here is the direct link to the download ->
http://www.777studio...ROF_Box_Art.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.777studio...ROF_Box_Art.zip

#8 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 31 January 2014 - 00:38

A question to part ***) - is there official 777 line on upgrading Free to Play version of RoF with non-steam retail edition, like Ace Edition, Iron Cross edition or boxed Channel Battles? Not nit-picking, it's fist thing I did myself when starting RoF - I tried the free version and liked it, so I bought myself boxed game (Iron Cross) and managed to upgrade my free account with its product code, only then I started to buy in online shop. Some people that play F2P may prefer boxed game just to place it on shelf, or can be given code for digital edition bought on amazon by well intending relative, and so on. Is using retail edition instead of demo upgrade officially supported? Discouraged? Not supposed to work? Was I lucky that it worked for me? I think there is still room in part ***) to clarify on that.

p.s. I think you've missed an edition out ;)

'Rise of Flight - Lite' (still available from aeroSOFT).

LITE Edition Does Not Include Career and Multiplayer Modes!

It should be called Rise of Flight:PWCG Edition :lol: .

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#9 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:25

LITE Edition Does Not Include Career and Multiplayer Modes!

It should be called Rise of Flight:PWCG Edition :lol: .

That is terribly outdated information.

#10 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:56

Yes I need to get Aerosoft to change that. I don't like ROF:Lite. Was a bad idea.

Jason

#11 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:27

I've updated the graphic to show ROF:Lite and using retail versions to upgrade the F2P client. That should cover it all. Too much to remember.

Jason

#12 HippyDruid

HippyDruid

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:13

You can find a download link for the cover art in the useful materials section.
If that is what you are looking for, here is the direct link to the download ->
http://www.777studio...ROF_Box_Art.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.777studio...ROF_Box_Art.zip

Thanks man! I was after the pic without all the logos, but it's a good size anyhooo. :S!:

#13 SDPG_Rokot

SDPG_Rokot

Posted 31 January 2014 - 16:04

это облегчит путаницы, е6сли я пойму где тут написано что))).

#14 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 31 January 2014 - 17:04

acepack
bloody april
birth of warbirds
ultimate best fighter
etc etc

What are these packs???

Those are the content packs we offer on Steam.

Jason

But what is it, couple of missions like stMihiel.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#15 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 31 January 2014 - 23:47

Just planes, Dutch, in packs of four along with field/weapon mods. For instance, Legendary Bombers is Gotha, HP, DFW and Brandemburg. Ace pack is field/weqapon mods for starter planes and personal packs. One named St Michel has St Michel campaign along with four planes. Nothing we can't find in 777 store.

Yes I need to get Aerosoft to change that. I don't like ROF:Lite. Was a bad idea.

Jason

riseofflight.de is confusing too, it repeats the "no multiplayer and career" part, states Lite edition has four planes from RoF:1.0 in one paragraph then lists all nine planes from boxed Iron Cross edition (ICE + Albatros D.II) elsewhere in RoF:Lite section, and in one place still gives neogb as developing studio.

http://www.riseofflight.de/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.riseofflight.de/

это облегчит путаницы, е6сли я пойму где тут написано что))).

Ekhm… Pазница между версиями Rise of Flight для новых Пилотов. Ничего, что вы еще не знаете :S!: . (?)

"It would help with confusion if I understood what's written here?" (Probably. My Russian is 20 years old and never was that good :xx: ). We probably need Russian version of this (there are occasional confused Russian players on steam forum, so they are buying both versions, too). Or at least explanation in Russian what it does on Russian forum?

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#16 SDPG_Rokot

SDPG_Rokot

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:23

ай донт андестенд ю)))

#17 -NW-ScudWillms

-NW-ScudWillms
  • LocationFederaL Way, WA.

Posted 09 February 2014 - 03:34

Good idea making this post Jason….we get asked about this all of the time, not just by the very new pilots, but those that have been around for a month or two and want to possibly update. I'll be posting a link to this post over on our New Wings site.

SSSSS,
Scud

-NW-ScudWillms

#18 STooser

STooser

Posted 27 February 2014 - 17:53

Good afternoon!

I'd just confirmation that I understand all this or that I'm all wet. :)

I have a license and physical media for ROF:ICE. A friend has two licenses and downloads of ROF:ICE from Amazon. We're able to play together without any issue. We've now for a fourth friend who's interested in joining us for our LAN parties, so I'm rehabing a spare computer for him to fly on.

So my question is, do I buy the download version of ROF:ICE for my 2nd machine, or can I buy ROF:CBE and have all four machines be able work together on LAN? I *think* the answer is I can get ROF:CBA and everything will be fine … but … just want to double check first. :)

Thank you,
pat—-

#19 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 27 February 2014 - 18:02

All versions of ROF can play together. However, please understand that ROF does not work by LAN. All MP needs and internet connection.

Jason

#20 STooser

STooser

Posted 27 February 2014 - 19:12

Thank you Jason. Yes, I understand it still connects to the 777 servers, but during our "server setup", we can deselect "allow connection from internet", or what ever the exact wording of that setting is, and it's just those of us on the local LAN at that point. :)

pat—-

#21 morgensternx1

morgensternx1

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:40

Hi, I'm new to the game, I installed the F2P version and tried a few missions, after which I bought a single plane in order to play in a specific time period/squadron.

I notice that the last note in the product line diagram indicates that demo upgrades cannot be activated on a F2P client once individual content has been added to the F2P client – if I wish to add content as a package (rather than individual pieces), what is/are the recommended option(s) for doing so?

Thanks in advance!

#22 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 25 April 2014 - 23:31

Hi, I'm new to the game, I installed the F2P version and tried a few missions, after which I bought a single plane in order to play in a specific time period/squadron.

I notice that the last note in the product line diagram indicates that demo upgrades cannot be activated on a F2P client once individual content has been added to the F2P client – if I wish to add content as a package (rather than individual pieces), what is/are the recommended option(s) for doing so?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

There are no packages per se. Just purchase multiple planes in the Store and a quantity discount will automatically be applied. And right not there is a sale so it is a perfect time to buy some more planes for your hangar. During the sale items are 50% off or more with no need to buy in bulk to get the discount.

Jason

#23 BungoPete

BungoPete

Posted 08 June 2014 - 20:46

I have a question I just reinstalled ROF after almost three years. I have the Iron cross edition .Anyway it did like a 3gig update when i checked for updates…does this include all the game titles in the ROF product line diagram?i.e do I get all the goodies i missed out on like bombers etc..I have not played it yet because i accidentally threw out the ps/2 cable that connects my throttle to my joystick (new one is in mail) thanks…I did do a quick mission with plane on auto pilot and with my new PNY 770 4gig card on my new 30inch monitor set to 2560x1600 and this game looks freaking INSANE! at that resolution.I feel just like I did when I cracked open the box on dynamix's red baron II especially with the new campaign game mod.

#24 Lt.BrunoStachel

Lt.BrunoStachel

Posted 13 November 2014 - 20:38

Yes, thanks for the info. I am a newbee here just looking around trying to figure it all out so that was a nice chart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users