- - - - -

My fighters guns wont fire...

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Lenmeister

Lenmeister

Posted 16 December 2013 - 21:27

Hi
just new to the game using a Logitec Wingman Extreme. All the controls work EXCEPT the guns…I've set it up to use Joystick zero in 2nd column for anything that sounds like a forward firing fighters gun but it doesn't fire.

I know its not the button, it works fine on War Thunder etc. On AUTOPILOT the guns fire no problem so its not a lack of ammo…PLEASE HELP! Thanks.
Regards
Len

#2 Dressedwings

Dressedwings
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 16 December 2013 - 21:30

cock your guns before you fire.

Do this by pressing 'R'

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#3 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:28

…and also refer to the manual. There's a lot going on under the hood in regards to the weapons modeling.

#4 Cybermat47

Cybermat47
  • LocationNew South Wales, Australia

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:12

You have to start up your engine and press 'r' for them to fire.
"If I could only have brought him down alive."
- Lieutenant Arthur Rhys-Davids, recalling his victory over Leutnant Werner Voss.

#5 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:52

That's not what the R key is for. Please don't confuse him.

C'mon people, this is what the user manual is for.

#6 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 18 December 2013 - 16:11

Luke, yes this is indeed what the manual is for. No argument there. But sometimes, a simple question deserves a simple answer. Solute and Cheers ….. merry Christmas all …

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#7 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:58

Yep. Had that problem too when I first started. Hitting "R" works for me. Just remember that when you first take off your guns have no bullets in the gun chambers; you need to cock them once to arm them. You'll also find that one or both of your guns will occasionally stop firing unexpectedly during combat. This dawn-of-flight phenomenon is commonly known as "jamming". Simply hit "R" again to unjam 'em. If they won't fire after you've done that you're out of ammo. 8-) Welcome to Rise of Flight. :S!:

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#8 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:51

LukeFF, I can't understand why you didn't put this warning at the very front of the manual. :roll:

"To Avoid Having LukeFF Act Like A Twitt And Insult You, Please Read And Study This Complete Manual And Do Not Ask Any Questions On The ROF Forums Which Have Been Addressed In The Manual!"

This would have saved you having to come here and write this,
, Over & Over & Over & Over & Over & Over & Over…

Maybe you should leave the Noobs alone here and spend a little more time working on the Career mode, because honestly, PWCG is making you Beta Guys look bad.

Just a Thought?

S!Blade<><

#9 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:25

Sorry Blade, I can't hear you from my ignore list, which is where you belong.

#10 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:28

You'll also find that one or both of your guns will occasionally stop firing unexpectedly during combat. This dawn-of-flight phenomenon is commonly known as "jamming". Simply hit "R" again to unjam 'em.

Eh, not quite. ROF models misfires, not jams. They aren't the same thing. :)

#11 Spag

Spag
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:08

LukeFF, I can't understand why you didn't put this warning at the very front of the manual. :roll:

"To Avoid Having LukeFF Act Like A Twitt And Insult You, Please Read And Study This Complete Manual And Do Not Ask Any Questions On The ROF Forums Which Have Been Addressed In The Manual!"

This would have saved you having to come here and write this,
, Over & Over & Over & Over & Over & Over & Over…

Maybe you should leave the Noobs alone here and spend a little more time working on the Career mode, because honestly, PWCG is making you Beta Guys look bad.

Just a Thought?

S!Blade<><

LOL…
I don't remember getting blasted by Luke when I started in RoF, but I probably must have.
I hate reading manuals.
Cheers,
Spag. :)

Bite off more than you can chew.

Then chew like Hell ! ! !

#12 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 10 January 2014 - 00:07

Sorry Blade, I can't hear you from my ignore list, which is where you belong.

Then how did you know what I posted was directed at you? :lol:

You are just to smart for me, I give up, you win ! :roll:

S!Blade<><

#13 CWorth

CWorth

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:20

You'll also find that one or both of your guns will occasionally stop firing unexpectedly during combat. This dawn-of-flight phenomenon is commonly known as "jamming". Simply hit "R" again to unjam 'em.

Then what is this on pg. 22 under Simplifications of the very manual you are telling the OP to go read…

No misfire: eliminates the possibility of your machine guns jamming or misfiring.

#14 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:21

Then what is this on pg. 22 under Simplifications of the very manual you are telling the OP to go read…

No misfire: eliminates the possibility of your machine guns jamming or misfiring.

It's obviously a typo, which I will fix the next time there is a manual update.

EDIT: no, on looking at the manual again, I see I already fixed that mistake in a later revision.

#15 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 13:06

Ok, so what's the difference between jamming and misfiring? I've always thought they were synonymous… :?

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#16 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 10 January 2014 - 13:25

If it's a misfire then the percussion cap has been struck but the round hasn't gone off… regardless, you would still have to re-cock the gun to eject the useless round and make the weapon fireable once more.
A 'jam' on the other hand could be several things… you may not even be able to cock the gun because the mechanism is 'jammed' by a broken part, damaged or bent case, split case, over gauged round, frozen mechanism etc, etc…
Plus, add to that, the pilot is in no position to strip any part of the weapon down while he is piloting the aeroplane :)

#17 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 January 2014 - 14:42

Ahhh…thanks! After hearing tales of pilots having to clear their guns with hammers, I always wondered why I could "unjam" my guns by simply recocking them! ROF, please give us virtual hammers for our guns! (It would also give me something to throw when I run out of ammo. :lol: )

xAKPpvf.jpg

#18 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 10 January 2014 - 15:27

It's possible that a hammer could help with a 'hard extraction' to clear a stoppage, I've had cocking handles jam under those circumstances and have had to bang the cocking handle very hard to get it to cock the gun.
It would be very hard for a pilot, strapped into his seat to get that kind of leverage though.

#19 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 10 January 2014 - 20:03

Then what is this on pg. 22 under Simplifications of the very manual you are telling the OP to go read… THE VERY MANUAL HE HELPED WRITE!

MMMMUUUUUHHHAAA HHHAAAHHHAAAHHHAAAHHHAAAHHHAAHHHAA!!!BAD CWORTH, BAD!!!!
Watch out, or LukeFF will put on his Ignore list, and your feelings might be hurt like mine were. :cry: :lol:

S!Blade<><

#20 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:25

Ahhh…thanks! After hearing tales of pilots having to clear their guns with hammers, I always wondered why I could "unjam" my guns by simply recocking them! ROF, please give us virtual hammers for our guns! (It would also give me something to throw when I run out of ammo. :lol: )

Well, there is a mallet on the floor of the Spad 13's cockpit. :mrgreen:

#21 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 11 January 2014 - 02:11

S!

You need to press R (default key,can be changed) to unjam and reload your machineguns,so it starts working.
Also machineguns in RoF don't fire unless the propeller is spinning.

#22 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:38

S!

You need to press R (default key,can be changed) to unjam and reload your machineguns,so it starts working.
Also machineguns in RoF don't fire unless the propeller is spinning.

C'mon Bf-110 , this is what the user manual is for, and always read the complete thread before posting. This will help keep LukeFFs' head from exploding, maybe.

#23 Blackard

Blackard

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:51

That's not what the R key is for. Please don't confuse him.

Did you read it? ;p

Len, from the manual.

You must cock your machine guns or cannons before you can fire them. To do this, press the R key (All guns recharge / rearm) to cock all your guns one at a time.

Other use is also Jams and misfires on turret guns.

To clear a jam/misfire on a turret-mounted machine gun, press either the R key or the middle button on your mouse (Turret MG recharge).

They also will not fire if your motor is not going, least not the one's that I've flown so far.

Hope that helps.

#24 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:36

Did you read it? ;p

I wrote it. ;)

#25 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:13

Frontbestand 1.2 shows us that at April 30th, 1917, the Albatros C. III is still the third numerous C type aircraft, with 174 planes, behind the DFW C V (341) and the Albatros C VII (296).

From September 1st 1916 to December 31st 1916, it is the most numerous C type aircraft at the front.

#26 Shaymo

Shaymo

Posted 16 February 2014 - 14:01

As a newbie I have been very embarrassed to find guns not cocking entering dogfight despite pressing "R" umpteen times.
Discovered pressing "A" Autopilot cocked the guns, A again to switch off autopilot and I'm good to go. BUT why does "R" not work as advertised?

#27 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 16 February 2014 - 14:13

Maybe you have somehow unbound the R key. Check the Controls/Weapon Controls and assign the key or a button on your Joystick.

Dann gibt's Heulen und Zähne klammern, für das ganze Lumpenpack.
Dann ist Schluss mit "Tischlein deck' dich", da gibt's "Knüppel aus dem Sack"!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users