Photo
- - - - -

PWCG 15.11 Released

• Please log in to reply
573 replies to this topic

#81 fubar2niner

fubar2niner

Posted 30 December 2013 - 17:03

@fubar2niner : you can also increase the number of ambient balloons. Just be aware that they are AI entities and do drain resources.

How to do Pat? Can't find it in any of the configs :oops:

EDIT: NM found it default is 6, so I'm going to up it to 10 se what happens!!!!!!!

Best regards.

fubar2niner

#82 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 30 December 2013 - 17:34

Advanced Config->Mission Limits->Max Ambient Balloons

#83 fubar2niner

fubar2niner

Posted 30 December 2013 - 18:02

Advanced Config->Mission Limits->Max Ambient Balloons

Yes got it, thanks Pat. My edit and your post crossed at the same time :lol:

Reinstall completed, all mods enabled, PWCG is go !!! Just defragging. Thanks again for the help Pat :S!:

Best regards.

fubar2niner

#84 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 30 December 2013 - 18:12

Hi Pat,

I was hesitant about setting the weather to 3 because I figured it would be rain all of the time. However, it is excellent! Mostly I see a lot more wind and turbulence. Landing the Nieuport 17 with an 8 m/s head wind is a treat! I think the plane is actually easier to land with a stiff breeze because the ground speed is much slower at touchdown.

I'm playing with scenery, air, and ground AI at high settings. The bullets coming up from the trenches are a hoot.

I agree with the others that the air activity is very tranquil again with 15.3.

#85 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 30 December 2013 - 18:57

I am generally getting contact on about 3/4 of missions with low air activity. One thing to do is increase the number of opposing flights, which should force more contact (in PWCG an opposing flight is specifically pathed to create contact).

I'll see what I can do about generating more contact. It's always a dance between too much and too little.

#86 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 30 December 2013 - 22:40

I like 1916 but it goes without saying that there is less activity. Activity tends to be more two seater with fewer scouts. I generally start as a two seater pilot in 1916 and then transition to scouts. Remember that at the end of 1916 you had Boelcke and Ball but the #10 ace was Frankl with 15. You should generally not expect to be a 40 victory ace on Jan 1 1917.

I'm not Albert Ball?????? :shock:

15.0 was great, Pat. Just the timing was off. If you could take all those bad guys in 15.0 and spread them out over the flight route so you don't encounter them all at once it would be great. I was having a blast in my DH2 fighting E.III's in 15.0, just not 12 of them at one time :)

#87 borntoolate

borntoolate

Posted 31 December 2013 - 00:45

It's working now (15.3 + 1.33), but I had to create a new campaign

I created a new campaign, 70 Squadron (Strutters) … but I don't get the Strutter … it gives me a SPAD!

Later: Started a career starting a month later (June 1, 1917) and I'm getting the Strutter now.

Looked into it. SPAD is not assigned to 70 squadron so it may be case of PWCG not knowing that you owned the plane (If you don't own any plane in your squadron PWCG will assign the SPAD).

The SPAD again ….
PWCG knows that I own the plane, because it lets me fly the basic Strutter … but it is giving me a SPAD any time that the mission assigns me the Strutter B.
For the present, I'm forced to abort any patrol that assigns me the Strutter B.

"We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight." Wilfrid May

#88 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:16

I am generally getting contact on about 3/4 of missions with low air activity. One thing to do is increase the number of opposing flights, which should force more contact (in PWCG an opposing flight is specifically pathed to create contact).

I'll see what I can do about generating more contact. It's always a dance between too much and too little.

General rule of thumb is that if you're getting contact 3/4 of the time with low activity, those of us with high air activity are getting contact 1/4 of the time. ;)

I tried increasing flight opposition odds to 100% and number of opposing flights to 3. It's still a snooze fest out there. :zzz: I set the number of missions credited to "5" because I really want action when I sit through 20 minutes of climbing and patrolling time. I'm not interested in simulating the boring patrols. Hats off to those who want those, but I can't do it.
:S!:

#89 fubar2niner

fubar2niner

Posted 31 December 2013 - 14:41

Pat having some problems with bombing in my career.
Stats:
FE2B No2 squadron flying from Savy Berlette.
Date; 15-01-1916
Target; To the north of Vendin.

In a 7 plane flight been in the air approx 20 mins @16x compression and we just keep circling the field!! I'm not flight leader so even if I brake off and go it alone, no-one is going to follow :cry:

EDIT: One a/c crashes on take off, could this be the cause for the constant circling?

Also I'm not getting any target altitude ASL or indeed any target info ??? This is the first time I have tried a bombing career in PWCG so I'm really not sure what to expect.

In addition only two of the other five a/c have a bombload ??

There is another flight of FE2B's orbitting the field could this be the problem?

Any enlightning info would be gratefully appreciated :S!:

Best regards.

fubar2niner

#90 BH_Razwald

BH_Razwald

Posted 31 December 2013 - 18:43

First of all let me say I've been playing PWCG for a week and really enjoy it.

Having an issue. Flying NO 56 SQD RFC May 1917. When I get assigned patrols as soon as we take off my AI flight leader drags me way behind enemy lines. Doesn't hit any way points. Way to far to see. Goes straight for it. This is the third mission I generated where it has happened. The flight paths have changed target location changes but the AI acts the same.

I'm using 15.3 and I started yesterday with NO 60 RFC until they swapped out the Sopwith Pups. The patrols through NO 60 SQD RFC where fine with the Nieuport 11 and Sopwith Pup.

I attached a pic of the map

Attached File  2013-12-31_00001.jpg   635.53KB   73 downloads

#91 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 31 December 2013 - 20:38

First of all let me say I've been playing PWCG for a week and really enjoy it.

Having an issue. Flying NO 56 SQD RFC May 1917. When I get assigned patrols as soon as we take off my AI flight leader drags me way behind enemy lines. Doesn't hit any way points. Way to far to see. Goes straight for it. This is the third mission I generated where it has happened. The flight paths have changed target location changes but the AI acts the same.

I'm using 15.3 and I started yesterday with NO 60 RFC until they swapped out the Sopwith Pups. The patrols through NO 60 SQD RFC where fine with the Nieuport 11 and Sopwith Pup.

I attached a pic of the map

AI pilots (including you on autopilot) have BVR capability. If he is not following waypoints then he is chasing something. If you cycle through VTRL-F2 you will see what he is chasing.

#92 BH_Razwald

BH_Razwald

Posted 31 December 2013 - 21:28

AI pilots (including you on autopilot) have BVR capability. If he is not following waypoints then he is chasing something. If you cycle through VTRL-F2 you will see what he is chasing.

I've noticed in the past the AI flight leader will chase something but the waypoint will stay on the map. Sometimes he will engage sometimes he won't. The waypoint doesn't stay in these cases. Also if we get jumped they continue on while I'm left fighting off the fighters I end up running. They all get shot down.

All 3 times they where low targets bombers twice. Fighters the 3rd time. I don't like going into enemy territory low especially with the SE5a. Gives up its advantage.

So what your saying is if I'm flight leader and don't use auto pilot I won't have this issue. Or will my wing men abandon me and chase something half way across the map.

Other then that I'm pleased with your program. Wide verity of missions. Not to mention the shear terror when take off from a capped field during a scramble.

#93 BH_Razwald

BH_Razwald

Posted 31 December 2013 - 22:40

I may have found it on my end. When I saved 15.3 I dropped it in my ROF Campaign file not ROF file. So there where two sets of files it said 15.3 on the PWCG home page but I'm sure there was something left over messing with it.

If you don't hear from me that fixed it. :S!:

#94 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 01 January 2014 - 20:37

Just had a mission where the cloud ceiling was 650m (overcast and rain), but we were assigned reconnaissance at 4km.

Don't think it should be possible to be assigned recon on an overcast day with a 650m ceiling?

I know, I know, you're going to say to reduce the weather severity, but that's not the point. ;)

#95 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 01 January 2014 - 23:37

Obviously you forgot to tell the Ground crew to load up your LANTIRN pod. Your wing man must have been snickering to himself when you broke through the cloud base and you realized you had left home without it! :roll:

S!Blade<>< :lol:

#96 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:57

Just had a mission where the cloud ceiling was 650m (overcast and rain), but we were assigned reconnaissance at 4km.

Don't think it should be possible to be assigned recon on an overcast day with a 650m ceiling?

I know, I know, you're going to say to reduce the weather severity, but that's not the point. ;)

Scrub the mission.

#97 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:58

Minimum VFR ceiling is 1000 ft. You've got plenty of room to lower those waypoint altitudes and complete your mission. This is war and risks must be taken ;)

#98 jeanba4

jeanba4

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:42

Historically, it was very rare that no recons were performed.
I read several accounts of pilots flying above the overcast, then diving below the cloud layer to take pictures.
Obviously, those missions were very dangerous and frequently ended with a new crater in the no man's land, or as a new kill for the AAA.

When analysing wwI air warfare, remember that HQ only expected pictures of the frontline from their air force and that they did not accept to be answered "no" or "impossible".
So the unit officers had to provide pictures or expect a slowdown in their career.

#99 fubar2niner

fubar2niner

Posted 02 January 2014 - 14:40

@Pat

I'm not getting any target altitude ASL or indeed any target info in briefing ??? This is the first time I have tried a bombing/recon career in PWCG so I'm really not sure what to expect. Is this something that's still being worked on?

Best regards.

fubar2niner

#100 robin100

robin100

Posted 03 January 2014 - 00:53

Hi Pat,
In 15.3 version I still face the problem with the German units based on the wrong side of the frontline (April 1917), attached is the screenshot.
Another slight flaw is that when I'm flying for Germany, I receive no notifications when I'm awarded with a medal (except for the wound badge).

:S!:
Robin

Attached Files

• Attached File  mapa.jpg   585.24KB   126 downloads

#101 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:20

Historically, it was very rare that no recons were performed.
I have sevral accounts of pilots flying above the overcast, then diving below the cloud layer to take pictures.
Obviously, this kind of missions were very dangerous and frequently ended with a new crater in the no man's land, or as a new kill for the AAA.

When analysing wwI air warfare, remember that HQ only expected pictures of the frontline from their air force and that not only they did not accept to be answered "no" or "impossible".
So the unit officer had to provide pictures or expect a slowdown in their career.

Interesting, and good points made!

#102 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 03 January 2014 - 19:20

+1!

#103 Sabre

Sabre

Posted 05 January 2014 - 23:20

I still find dozens of missionReport*.txt files in Rise of Flight\data\ folder, no matter what I tick in PWCG settings menu. Please, is it somehow possible to make PWCG to write them somewhere else, not on SSD where the game is installed? I'm concerned about regular rewriting on SSD, I wish the game/pwcg could read them off my HDD, where multiple regular rewriting would not be of much concern.

Thanks,
Sabre.

#104 Sabre

Sabre

Posted 05 January 2014 - 23:51

When I click on Accept mission I get yellow and red dots roughly around my route. Is anything wrong about it?

Thanks,
Sabre.

#105 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 06 January 2014 - 16:39

When I click on Accept mission I get yellow and red dots roughly around my route. Is anything wrong about it?

Thanks,
Sabre.

Testing artifact. Ignore.

#106 Sabre

Sabre

Posted 06 January 2014 - 17:31

Testing artifact. Ignore.

Thanks!
Sabre.

#107 fubar2niner

fubar2niner

Posted 07 January 2014 - 14:55

@Pat

I'm not getting any target altitude ASL or indeed any target info in briefing ??? This is the first time I have tried a bombing/recon career in PWCG so I'm really not sure what to expect. Is this something that's still being worked on?

Best regards.

fubar2niner

Bump

#108 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 11 January 2014 - 20:16

It's pretty much 15.4 test 1 with the music by Matt Milne. Thanks to Matt for not only writing the music but pretty much writing the code for me. Diagnostics are also turned off so no more blue and red dots.

Improved Encounter Probability
- Pushed enemy flights towards player flight area
Improved Offensive patrol
- Created multiple offensive patrol types (front, transport, airfield)
- Added ground target opportunities (troops, trucks,trains)
- Added scramble flights (must be scout squadron at aerodrome)
Improved Balloon Defense
- Created enemy balloon bust flight
Music by Matt Milne
Sounds

#109 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 11 January 2014 - 20:17

Ok, I'm going to F5 your website until it's up! :S!:

———-

You are quick Pat! :)

#110 Raine

Raine

Posted 11 January 2014 - 21:18

I can't wait to get time to download 15.4. The great reviews of the test had me telling myself to be patient, and then you go and push out the finished product in a couple of days. Thanks, Pat. You're a gem!!!

#111 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 11 January 2014 - 21:28

can not wait to run 15.4 tomorrow.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#112 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 11 January 2014 - 22:49

can not wait to run 15.4 tomorrow.

Me too!

#113 Dauntless1

Dauntless1

Posted 12 January 2014 - 00:58

Attached File  Mission.zip   63.7KB   0 downloads
First mission, flying SE5a, shot up by the allied ground crew before starting engine! :shock:

#114 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:31

First mission, flying SE5a, shot up by the allied ground crew before starting engine! :shock:

Turn off "Moving Front" and the problem will go away. Pat is still working out the Moving Front which is from what I understand a huge task.

#115 Spag

Spag
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:23

Hello Everybody,
Can I get one of you pilots to tell me the correct way to upload the latest PWCG without losing the previous settings please?
I download it. Unzip it to RoF main directory. Tell it to change all the files.
But it always comes out as the previous version.
I have been deleting and re-installing.
Any tips would be really appreciated.
Cheers,
Spag. :)

Bite off more than you can chew.

Then chew like Hell ! ! !

#116 WW1EAF_Paf

WW1EAF_Paf
  • Tester

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:03

What a great version!
The music adds alot.

#117 matmilne

matmilne

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:22

thanks guys. You'd be surprised what a little music can do. more to follow.

#118 Pierre2

Pierre2
  • LocationAdelaide

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:52

Hello Everybody,
Can I get one of you pilots to tell me the correct way to upload the latest PWCG without losing the previous settings please?
I download it. Unzip it to RoF main directory. Tell it to change all the files.
But it always comes out as the previous version.
I have been deleting and re-installing.
Any tips would be really appreciated.
Cheers,
Spag. :)

Just unzip it to the RoF folder, all previous campaigns and setting will be there in the updated version. Check to make sure you don't have a RoF campaign folder inside a RoF campaign folder. Happened to me once, once you get rid of the duplication you should be right to go.

#119 Pritzel

Pritzel

Posted 12 January 2014 - 13:00

Hello Pat, hello Pilots!

First a big "THANK YOU" for making this Game so wonderful.

Yesterday a (hopefully small) Problem occurs:
Downloaded 15.4 and installed to my Rise of Flight main Folder. Before this I removed 15.3

Loaded PWCG, all is working, Music sounds very good.
When I continued my carrer, which i have started with 15.3 (1.1.1916 Jasta 5, now 22 Missions) all seems to be perfect.

But suddenly my game Speed drops to approximately to an quarter of normal Speed, for maybe half a Minute, then all went on normally.
After this "slowdown" a enemy flight of FE2b Bombers appeared.
This happens meanwhile in all of my missions.
Just now I have been attacked by 4 Nieuport 11, no Problem occurred.

I suspect if the bomber flight is generated, then the Speed drops??

Does anybody else have this Problem?

I have the Modpack 1.0 refined installed and foobars landscape mod. They were working fine with 15.3.

Would be very nice to hear from you experts. Sorry for my English, I am from Austria.

Best regards
Pritzel

#120 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 12 January 2014 - 13:15

System specs Pritzel? I suspect you have too much air activity for your CPU.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users