- - - - -

PWCG 15.11 Released

• Please log in to reply
573 replies to this topic

#561 Spag

Spag
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:58

Haven't seen it greyed out myself and I use the GUI.
What is greyed out is the Lone Wolf mission button.
But I would think that is because the career I have started is only a few days old.
Is this correct?
Thanks for PWCG Pat, it is bloody brilliant, I will certainly be donating again very soon.
Cheers,
Spag. :)

Bite off more than you can chew.

Then chew like Hell ! ! !

#562 josef_baran

josef_baran

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:41

with the latest update i imagine we cannot access pwcg from the main woff screen

i saw mention ankor may get to an update .. but he also mentioned we can use pwcg without the gui?

can someone please explain to me how you do that (sorry for being a simpleton!)

thanks in advance, ron

#563 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 04 February 2015 - 02:40

@Spag: lone wolf flights are accessible when you hit "great ace" status.

@josef: Create a mission, open RoF and fly the mission that you created. The mission will be under the Mission tab and not the Campaign tab. RoF thinks that PWCG generated missions are single missions.

Go back to PWCG and enter the results when you are done. It is just alt-tabbing between programs.

#564 Spag

Spag
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:51

@Spag: lone wolf flights are accessible when you hit "great ace" status.

@josef: Create a mission, open RoF and fly the mission that you created. The mission will be under the Mission tab and not the Campaign tab. RoF thinks that PWCG generated missions are single missions.

Go back to PWCG and enter the results when you are done. It is just alt-tabbing between programs.

Thanks Pat, I figured the lone wolf bit was for aces at least, but it is good to know that there isn't a glitch.

I hope everyone who uses PWCG is aware that they are able to donate to you simply by going to http://www.pwcampaig...bSite/PWCG.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.pwcampaig...bSite/PWCG.html and clicking on the appropriate link.

Your time is very much appreciated and makes RoF so much more immersive, I am not sure I would be still here if it wasn't for you.
Or would have spent so much money on extras and planes and maps and ummmm.

Cheers,
Spag. :)

Bite off more than you can chew.

Then chew like Hell ! ! !

#565 Razneff

Razneff

Posted 07 February 2015 - 18:49

I've actually a lot of fun with this new version. Thank you again Pat for ur work.

Meanwhile, I faced some small bugs. Flying for BMA "9ème escadrille de chasse" since July 1917, I suddently lost the "skin option" for me and my mates, when Hanriot was introduced into the squadron. Looking into PWCG error log, I found this:
rof.campaign.campaign.exceptions.UserException: Plane picture C:\Program Files (x86)\777\Rise of Flight\RoFCampaign\Data\Images\Planes\hanhd1.jpg not found

Indeed, no hanhd1.jpg into the folder. So I basicaly copied the "nieuport17.jpg", renamed it "hanhd1.jpg", and it worked: I can change my skins if I wish again.

Same kind of error with the ace Edmond Thieffry: rof.campaign.campaign.exceptions.UserException: Ace picture C:\Program Files (x86)\777\Rise of Flight\RoFCampaign\data\Input\Aces\Pictures\Edmond Thieffry.jpg not found
wich means that this guys is in my squadron, but donnot have a folder with his medals and victory I can check in the PWCG's pilots squadron menu.(this one I didn't change as I don't want E. Thieffry looking like another historical ace nor random pilot)

And finaly, some of my newcomer pilots got some default frensh skin when flying the Nieuport 17, I guess when this plane is considered by PWCG as a Nieuport 24. (But I can correct this ingame, as my skin option is back now)

Anyway, not big deal , just to let you know Pat.

#566 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:25

Thanks for the reports. I found a pic of Mr. Thieffry. I also added the Hanriot.

#567 Razneff

Razneff

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:08

:) Thank you Pat!

Ho, forget about my last problem about the skins of newcomers pilots: I think the mistake was from me in allowing bad skins sometimes… I'll check it again and repport if I face the problem again - but I really do think the bad was from me.

#568 borntoolate

borntoolate

Posted 08 February 2015 - 23:53

I think I failed to take into account PWCG GUI Mod users when I made that feature. I will have to either rethink it or remove in in 16.0. In the meantime I'm glad that you have a workaround.

Actually, the workaround only works about half of the time … if you do get an error pop-up after pressing submit, you can't move forward but must re-fly the mission and hope for no errors the next time …
and for whatever reason, I am getting more errors since the 15.11 update than I ever had before.
So my vote is to remove this feature in 16.0.

"We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight." Wilfrid May

#569 borntoolate

borntoolate

Posted 16 February 2015 - 21:32

After flying the same mission in 15.11 three times due to "grey out combat report", and getting error messages each time that prevented the work around from working, I have gone back to 15.10.1 ….. where I am experiencing no errors at all.

"We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight." Wilfrid May

#570 RoclorD

RoclorD

Posted 16 February 2015 - 21:57

After flying the same mission in 15.11 three times due to "grey out combat report", and getting error messages each time that prevented the work around from working, I have gone back to 15.10.1 ….. where I am experiencing no errors at all.

Thanks for the info. Will stick with 15.10.1 for now…

BTW is it normal that after installing PWCG skins I have some of them under Rise of Flight\data\Skins and some of them under Rise of Flight\data\graphics\Skins?

"Don't read history - make it" - Knights of the Sky

#571 borntoolate

borntoolate

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:28

[quote="RoclorD BTW is it normal that after installing PWCG skins I have some of them under Rise of Flight\data\Skins and some of them under Rise of Flight\data\graphics\Skins?

I think that it is normal …. it happens that way for me as well.

Thumbs up on all of your aircraft wishes! Let's cross our fingers for the future (however long it may take). :)

#572 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:18

BTW is it normal that after installing PWCG skins I have some of them under Rise of Flight\data\Skins and some of them under Rise of Flight\data\graphics\Skins?

Thumbs up on all of your aircraft wishes! Let's cross our fingers for the future (however long it may take). :)

I don't think that is normal or correct at all. Sounds to me like something went wrong during the process you used to install some of those skins. All skins need to be in the appropriate plane-type folders under Rise of Flight\data\graphics\Skins - you should not even have a Rise of Flight\data\Skins folder and anything in there is not going to be used by the game, as far as I can tell.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#573 RoclorD

RoclorD

Posted 19 February 2015 - 18:05

I don't think that is normal or correct at all. Sounds to me like something went wrong during the process you used to install some of those skins. All skins need to be in the appropriate plane-type folders under Rise of Flight\data\graphics\Skins - you should not even have a Rise of Flight\data\Skins folder and anything in there is not going to be used by the game, as far as I can tell.

Got that, and thanks for your responses guys!

I thought I messed it then during repacking as I use 7zip for the files I want to store on my HDD (It's 10x more efficient than zip for those skins…).

But it's just wrongly packed that way on the Pat's site - see RE8 for example. Maybe we should PM him and let people know?

"Don't read history - make it" - Knights of the Sky

#574 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 19 February 2015 - 18:25

But it's just wrongly packed that way on the Pat's site - see RE8 for example. Maybe we should PM him and let people know?

Yes - if they're packed wrong on Pat's site please PM him and let him know.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users