Photo
- - - - -

Tirpitz Battery and Hi-Res Texture mod added to ROFMODS.

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:20

Thanks to Vander and Bandy for both of these cool mods.

Get them at http://www.rofmods.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rofmods.com.

I have some time now to update ROFMODS and make it more in-tune with what is happening in the ROF modding community. I will focus more on supporting and hosting Gavagai's ROF Refined compilation (seems popular) with certain other special mods or models I commission and guides.

I had hoped that when I started the website the modders would communicate with me on what they are doing so I could keep it updated. I don't have time to check the forum for new mods everyday. Unfortunately, no one seems to have wanted to do that except Vander, so the site was not worked on much the last few months. However, it is not dead and will still be updated and available to users.

Jason

#2 Rover_27

Rover_27

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:22

Wow, thanks Bandy, Vander and Jason! This looks cool. Looking forward to this package in MP. Hirez working in Mods off as well, right?

#3 SYN_Jedders

SYN_Jedders

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:24

Thanks, Jason. Oh and Bandy for making the battery ;)

#4 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:27

Thanks Jason, seems your back again. I do hope Pat will use them.

I also see you deleted the anti shimmer mods any reason why :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#5 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:19

I'd like to point out that SYN_Bandy made the 3d model and textures and I have done some optimizations, added lods, damage model, animations and the AI scripts. We were rather in a hurry to get these objects done in time for this weekend's "Knights of the Sea " event on the Channel map.

Thanks Jason for finding the time to put these on the rofmods site!

#6 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 14 December 2013 - 14:10

Cool Jason. I've been waiting to see about bug reports before I release a 1.0, and this latest 0.21 seems fine. Keep in mind that it's only about 50% my own work. Other stuff comes from individuals who are credited in the OP for the thread.

I will make a 1.0 and write a description.

Fubar released a new set of excellent map textures. Please consider hosting those, too.

#7 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 14 December 2013 - 17:43

Thanks Jason, seems your back again. I do hope Pat will use them.

I also see you deleted the anti shimmer mods any reason why :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

I believe Ankor said they no longer work.

Jason

#8 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 14 December 2013 - 17:54

Cool Jason. I've been waiting to see about bug reports before I release a 1.0, and this latest 0.21 seems fine. Keep in mind that it's only about 50% my own work. Other stuff comes from individuals who are credited in the OP for the thread.

I will make a 1.0 and write a description.

Fubar released a new set of excellent map textures. Please consider hosting those, too.

Gavagai,

Yes, your mod will be the main mod unless I get complaints. I do want to coordinate with you a few "anti-mods" for your compilation so users can choose to not turn on a few of them. I would have preferred an a la carte approach, but I don't have time to manage all that in detail so your big compilation makes it easier, but a couple of the more subjective mods should be optional. An example would be the no Ambient Flak. I happen to like them.

Other larger standalone items like big textures and objects etc. can have their own listings.

Yes we'll credit everyone who contributed and we can have pictures and video if necessary. If you can, make the description of each mod short, but concise and I will give each mod it's due on the page. If you can send me a word file that would be great.

Then when you update your mod in the future, we just need to replace the file and update the description page. Simple.

I have unlimited hosting ability so no bandwidth worries.

Jason

#9 W1ndy

W1ndy

Posted 14 December 2013 - 18:16

Cheers all involved.

\A simple flier like me gets to enjoy all your hard work

#10 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 14 December 2013 - 22:12

Ok, I have broken apart the whole mod into the fewest parts possible. One of the reasons I ended up going for a compilation was because some of the mods began to edit the same files, so keeping them separate became impossible.

AI gunners (gavagai)
Makes the AI gunners a lot more lively and aggressive. However, it also imposes some sector limits to prevent the AI gunners from firing between wings, through tail surfaces, etc.

AI pilots (criquet, reflected & gavagai)
Adjusts the way the AI dogfights. Causes novice pilots to sometimes go "tumbleweed" so they can be bounced.

Channel map classic trees (gavagai)
As it says in the title. If you prefer the western front style trees, enable this.

Engine skins (fubar)
Alternate skins for engines like the Mercedes D.IIIa, Le Rhone 9J etc.

Oil Splatter (FeatheredIV)
Alternate oil splatter texture.

Reduce flak lethality (avimimus)
Slows down turret traverse speeds. Increases minimum fire angle so that nap-of-the-earth flying minimizes exposure to flak.

Reduce lethality (gavagai)
Wings and control surfaces take more damage before structural failure, which increases the necessity of moving in close to aim for the engine and pilot. Also reduces tracer frequency from 2:1 to 5:1.

Reduce rate of fire (gavagai)
Rates of fire for most machine guns reduced.

Reduce water blueness (FeatheredIV)
Makes the channel water appear a little less tropical. Includes very subtle adjustments to water colors on the Western front and Verdun maps.

Remove ambient flak (mattm)
Removes the ambient flak bursts over no man's land. All flak bursts indicate the presence of aircraft.

Remove delayed bomb fuzes (richy133)
All bombs immediately detonate upon impact with the ground.

Remove lens flare (bbob&panthercules)
Removes the photographic lens flare effect. Sun flare looks round instead of star-shaped.

TerrainBump (ankor85)
Adds shadowing to river banks and roads for a 3d effect. Also adds texturing to no man's land.

WWI loading screen (FeatheredIV)
Replaces the movie theater with an aerial view of no man's land.

RoF Refined 1.0 a la carte

RoF Refined 1.0

#11 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 14 December 2013 - 22:18

For those that missed it: Jason also uploaded the HiRes mod package. This will install hires versions of vehicle textures, based on the original art work developed for Rise of Flight. The textures were possibly downgraded for performance reasons back in 2009, but they shoud not give you much problems now. All vehicles and some battlefield objects will look much better!

Here is a preview:

#12 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 14 December 2013 - 23:21

Ok, I have broken apart the whole mod into the fewest parts possible. One of the reasons I ended up going for a compilation was because some of the mods began to edit the same files, so keeping them separate became impossible.

AI gunners (gavagai)
Makes the AI gunners a lot more lively and aggressive. However, it also imposes some sector limits to prevent the AI gunners from firing between wings, through tail surfaces, etc.

AI pilots (criquet, reflected & gavagai)
Adjusts the way the AI dogfights. Causes novice pilots to sometimes go "tumbleweed" so they can be bounced.

Channel map classic trees (gavagai)
As it says in the title. If you prefer the western front style trees, enable this.

Engine skins (fubar)
Alternate skins for engines like the Mercedes D.IIIa, Le Rhone 9J etc.

Oil Splatter (FeatheredIV)
Alternate oil splatter texture.

Reduce flak lethality (avimimus)
Slows down turret traverse speeds. Increases minimum fire angle so that nap-of-the-earth flying minimizes exposure to flak.

Reduce lethality (gavagai)
Wings and control surfaces take more damage before structural failure, which increases the necessity of moving in close to aim for the engine and pilot. Also reduces tracer frequency from 2:1 to 5:1.

Reduce rate of fire (gavagai)
Rates of fire for most machine guns reduced.

Reduce water blueness (FeatheredIV)
Makes the channel water appear a little less tropical. Includes very subtle adjustments to water colors on the Western front and Verdun maps.

Remove ambient flak (mattm)
Removes the ambient flak bursts over no man's land. All flak bursts indicate the presence of aircraft.

Remove delayed bomb fuzes (richy133)
All bombs immediately detonate upon impact with the ground.

Remove lens flare (bbob&panthercules)
Removes the photographic lens flare effect. Sun flare looks round instead of star-shaped.

TerrainBump (ankor85)
Adds shadowing to river banks and roads for a 3d effect. Also adds texturing to no man's land.

WWI loading screen (FeatheredIV)
Replaces the movie theater with an aerial view of no man's land.

RoF Refined 1.0 a la carte

RoF Refined 1.0

Good work. This will make modding much, much easier. I'll add this to ROFMODS with a detailed explanation of what it is. But please Gavagai, when you update this, please update both Compilation and A La Carte and send me an email (jason at 777 studios dot net) alerting me to the new update and what's in it. Please don't count on me seeing it in the forum. Only working together can modding ROF be a pleasant experience.

Jason

#13 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 15 December 2013 - 00:26

Understood! :S!:

#14 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 15 December 2013 - 00:40

Great to see Jason encouraging and supporting the modders. :S!:

I wasn't aware of the Hi Res Textures Mods. Thanks, Vander!

#15 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:19

Great stuff in this compilation a la carte!

I specially love the Channel map classic trees from Gav. It was not looking great before, but now all is solved and map is finally very beautiful!

The reduced lethality again from Gav, is much more challenging now.
It was too easy to rip wings off before this mod. It should close reality now (again imo)

Together with Fubar new landscape autumn and winter, this is a brand new sim!

Thanks to all modders involved anyway :S!:

#16 Hellshade

Hellshade

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:08

Nice textures Vander! Excellent work. Thank you for sharing them.

#17 rlk281

rlk281

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:09

Speaking of the most excellent mods at rofmods, was I dreaming when I formed the impression that one or more of the existing mods under 'Objects:'

http://www.rofmods.com/en/

…were incorporated in either 1.031 or 1.031b?

#18 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:19

Yes they were incorporated, and get them at least in PWCG 15.4 mods on.

#19 rlk281

rlk281

Posted 17 January 2014 - 19:18

So, all of the mods under objects are incorporated into the current version, except the Tripitz Artillery Battery?

#20 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 17 January 2014 - 19:20

So, all of the mods under objects are incorporated into the current version, except the Tripitz Artillery Battery?

Correct.

#21 rlk281

rlk281

Posted 17 January 2014 - 20:03

Thank you, and thank you for all of your mod work; cheers! :)

Correct.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users