- - - - -

Tirpitz Battery

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:42

Part of the German coastal defenses SW of Ostende was a batterie of 4 x 280 mm cannon. See this thread at Great War Forum: http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=168626

As part of Waxworks preeminent MP mission, Knights of the Sea, our team effort (including myself, SYN_Vander, and Waxworks) have modeled these guns and emplacements as they were important targets. Here is a great close up with jolly Germans at play with the camera.

Development thread HERE at Syndicate Squadron forum. Please ignore the part in the thread where I get the scale off a bit… :roll:

Not final implementation, just test renders.

#2 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 09 December 2013 - 16:22

Looks great! THey fit in nicely on the landscape.

#3 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 09 December 2013 - 16:36

Great stuff, Bandy. :S!:

#4 Genius

Genius

Posted 09 December 2013 - 17:27

Hi,

Very impressive works!

If you want, we can shared texture with my artillery model (i will post free space detail later, no at home).

I will be very interesting to know how you do (for my other projection):
- ballistic/explosion work
- firing dummy object (_64100) in 3DS

Bye
Genius

#5 WW1EAF_Paf

WW1EAF_Paf
  • Tester

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:45

Nice! Good to see more 3D stuff coming!

#6 LordNeuro_Srb

LordNeuro_Srb
  • LocationNovi Sad/Serbia

Posted 09 December 2013 - 18:51

Gr8 work. Well if not from developers, the community will make rof shine in 2014. Relly gr8 addition to rof. Thx for ur work and ur entusiasm.
:S!:

#7 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy

Posted 09 December 2013 - 20:17

Hi, Very impressive works!

If you want, we can shared texture with my artillery model (i will post free space detail later, no at home).

Bye
Genius
Hi Genius,
Thanks for kind words, but it is about as simple a 3D object as you can get.

Unfortunately I do not think you have any concrete or grass in your artillery texture, so sharing texture file is unlikely to work. :D

RE: ballistic/explosion SYN_Vander has that worked out (mostly), see the project development thread on last page HERE. Some details/variables are present.

#8 Genius

Genius

Posted 09 December 2013 - 21:37

Re,

By sharing, i mean sharing file texture because i have a free space on my texture files.

The free space is approximatly 704x2048 (equivalent at 1200x1200), you just need to name the file texture artillery (or to be agree on the name)and use free space.

Your texture of the turrets being unique for three + base, it should not be very large, no ?.

For the lua programming for turret i made this Attached File  tuto_tourelle.zip   608.4KB   33 downloads (on french sorry, not yet had time to translate, and not finish yet) while this may be useful.

Bye
Genius

#9 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 09 December 2013 - 21:47

Spiffing stuff!

#10 SYN_Mars

SYN_Mars

Posted 09 December 2013 - 22:27

That bugger causes you no end of pain as the RN in Storm Eagles Studios Jutland!.

Not even a bombardment by the RN's 15" Monitors will silence it.

Looking forward to seeing it in game

#11 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:45

Hah hah! Yes Mars, plans are to make the monitors soon, then there definitely will be a BIG duel o the channel map.

#12 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:28

Hi,

Very impressive works!

Bye
Genius

Hi Genius,

When I have finished work on the LODs, damage models I'll send you the project. I'm still figuring out how to make the damage model for the turrets correctly (so it has the same attitude as the non damaged model when getting destroyed).

#13 Cybermat47

Cybermat47
  • LocationNew South Wales, Australia

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:30

Awesome!
"If I could only have brought him down alive."
- Lieutenant Arthur Rhys-Davids, recalling his victory over Leutnant Werner Voss.

#14 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 10 December 2013 - 20:17

Awesome!
indeed, seems more and more mods are finally coming
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#15 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy

Posted 11 December 2013 - 00:24

Thanks to SYN_Vander we have an operating battery that can hit, and be hit!

The smoke from gun fire is a little underwhelming compared to the real thing (and there are pictures of the battery in action), but please understand there are RoF limitations to these effects. Maybe improved later… Note the cruiser on the horizon receiving hits.

The cruiser's return fire and simultaneous hits surprised the hell out of me, good thing I had my finger on the screenshot key! :D

Damage model and different aspect views to see how the light affects the RoF terrain and earthworks interface. Yes, there is a line at times, but very happy none-the-less!

Not the complete installation of the battery, as it needs some remote powder magazines and support buildings hidden in the woods.
I hope you agree it is well on its way to completion. :S!:

#16 J5_Vorlander

J5_Vorlander

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:11

Great Work SYN_VanderBandy or SYN_BandyVander.

:lol:

#17 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:26

Fine, fine work :)

#18 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:17

Fantastic!

#19 Genius

Genius

Posted 11 December 2013 - 20:41

Hi,

Very impressive works!

Bye
Genius

Hi Genius,

When I have finished work on the LODs, damage models I'll send you the project. I'm still figuring out how to make the damage model for the turrets correctly (so it has the same attitude as the non damaged model when getting destroyed).

Thanks! :P

I am of course very interested because I find myself in the same difficulties that you encountered. :geek:

Genius

#20 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 11 December 2013 - 23:54

This project and the fort project is really neat! :S!: MJ

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#21 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 11 December 2013 - 23:54

This project and the fort project are really neat! :S!: MJ

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#22 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 12 December 2013 - 21:10

Oh my… I didn't see this thread. Nice.

Jason

#23 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 13 December 2013 - 17:01

jason please do a judgement and put this in usefull downloads, so Pat can use it for PW-CG
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#24 WWSittingduck

WWSittingduck

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:27

or better yet, add it to the next patch. along with all the other great mods there are.

It's hard to tell other pilots you have to have this, and you have to have that in order to see everything a mission builder put into a mission.

Old Fokkers Squad

#25 redcoat22

redcoat22

Posted 16 December 2013 - 14:54

or better yet, add it to the next patch. along with all the other great mods there are.

It's hard to tell other pilots you have to have this, and you have to have that in order to see everything a mission builder put into a mission.

I couldn't agree more. There have been so many great objects added (ships, textures, etc) I really wish they could be put into the source files. I have never really been a player who likes to use mods but I hate missing out on all these great things.

Given the lack of game updates maybe a patch to add this stuff in would be a welcome gift to the community at large. Perhaps even adding motivation to the authors armed with the knowledge that everyone gets to enjoy their work.

Great work all!

#26 jeanba4

jeanba4

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:15

Interesting project

#27 Ztenis

Ztenis

Posted 17 December 2013 - 16:36

Good work as usual :S!:

#28 Habu

Habu

Posted 25 December 2013 - 15:34

I downloaded the MOD and there is no preview screen. Do i have a problem with the package i downloaded ?

Another thing, maybe you should put files for the test mission in a mod directory. it will be easier to check if it's ok or not.

#29 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 25 December 2013 - 20:37

I downloaded the MOD and there is no preview screen. Do i have a problem with the package i downloaded ?

Another thing, maybe you should put files for the test mission in a mod directory. it will be easier to check if it's ok or not.

To be honest, it was a bit of a rush job to finish the battery. We will probably update the package and apply the changes you suggested ( amongst other things).

#30 Habu

Habu

Posted 26 December 2013 - 18:55

Ok Vander. Nevermind it's a good gift you gave us. THX for your work both of you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users