Photo
- - - - -

flares down seaplane

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Dr.Zebra

Dr.Zebra

Posted 01 December 2013 - 00:31

well, I brought a w12 down, with flares only, but alas, I had to get reeeal close ;=)

#2 Hawkman312

Hawkman312

Posted 02 December 2013 - 18:32

Good job?! XD At least we know it can be done; all in the name of science!!

#3 Endy

Endy

Posted 02 December 2013 - 19:22

Nice little video, —- I had to turn the 'music' off though. LOL

#4 arthursmedley

arthursmedley

Posted 02 December 2013 - 20:17

Are you kidding? The music is why I watch out for the Doctor's productions.

#5 Dr.Zebra

Dr.Zebra

Posted 05 December 2013 - 13:15

well it is all low fi, but thats because I have an old system with old fraps which doesn´t capture the sound, so I´ll try and put in royalty free music. It´s not for super aestical purposes, just a bit of ideas what can be done. Maybe it gets better when I upgrade, but right now, other things do have priority.

#6 Hvy_Cavalry_Sgt

Hvy_Cavalry_Sgt

Posted 05 December 2013 - 20:14

Interesting – we have seen people bringing down their own aircraft in Battle of Stalingrad with flare guns.

#7 J2_Jakob

J2_Jakob
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:24

I was watching the video, but I can't see any evidence you shot it down with the flare… How did you find out it was the flare that forced it to crash-land? I can't see any smoke puffs from damaged engine, no trail of fuel leaking also.. Wasn't it more likely the added weight of your Dr1 wedged into the seaplane?

#8 Dr.Zebra

Dr.Zebra

Posted 06 December 2013 - 15:11

I was watching the video, but I can't see any evidence you shot it down with the flare… How did you find out it was the flare that forced it to crash-land? I can't see any smoke puffs from damaged engine, no trail of fuel leaking also.. Wasn't it more likely the added weight of your Dr1 wedged into the seaplane?

well, you are probably new to rof? If the engine of the carring plane is allright, you can be taken almost indefinatly for a ride…. Also note, you can not fire the guns on the dr.1 with engine and prop broken, and you see that the ai flies straight and then starts to wave after the first flare is fired at 0:54.. Which is the ai-behavior triggered by taking damage. and you also see some small white puffs staying in the air when the flares hit and faint white smoke. So thats the damage from the flares, which brought the w12 down. I did cut out a long waiting part, on waiting for the engine to quit.

oddly enough,I am under the impression, that the white and maybe yellow flares seem to work best in damaging a plane, the red ones are much harder to use to damage something and they also bounce off easier.

#9 J2_Jakob

J2_Jakob

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:24

well, you are probably new to rof? …

Yes, I am fairly new to RoF indeed.. :)

I noticed the white puffs. But I thought those puffs are seen anytime you hit any part of the plane - fabric, fuselage… But I didn't know about the time skip and about your previous experiment with "hichhiking" w12 with Dr1… :) My HW is quite weak for RoF, so I coud have overlooked the faint white smoke too…

Cool… :S!:

#10 Dr.Zebra

Dr.Zebra

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:54

Welcome! always good to see new players. Don´t hesitate to give MP a try, but also don´t be frustrated if the beginning there is quite hard.. it will get better (especially if you bring friends with you instead of coming alone to a fight ;=) )
I also have ooold hardware, but with turned down details rofs runs quite ok. The white smokes in RoF can either be something with the engines cooling system or a fuelleak. In the case above it was a fuel leak, but it is mostly impossible to differentciate what it actually is. Just keep on shooting if your oponent is smoking white, if you see black smokes, his demise is more imminent.

#11 J2_Jakob

J2_Jakob

Posted 09 December 2013 - 13:52

Welcome! always good to see new players. Don´t hesitate to give MP a try, but also don´t be frustrated if the beginning there is quite hard.. it will get better (especially if you bring friends with you instead of coming alone to a fight ;=) )
I also have ooold hardware, but with turned down details rofs runs quite ok. The white smokes in RoF can either be something with the engines cooling system or a fuelleak. In the case above it was a fuel leak, but it is mostly impossible to differentciate what it actually is. Just keep on shooting if your oponent is smoking white, if you see black smokes, his demise is more imminent.

I've been playing RoF for a few months by now.. However - Dual Core CPU + 512MB GPU are very weak for multiplayer. (800×600 is the max. res. with FPS>20 for me, details all down to the minimum.) It's playable only with icons=on against >1 opponent and there's just FC, which is really hostile and dogfights can be seen only below 500m there. I tried Wargrounds and Syndicate, but as long as my graphics sucks, I can't see anything until too late. I spend my time playing rather offline with PWCG and slowly getting better handling the Dr1 via quick missions. I will definitely go online with better HW one day; unfortunately - cash always goes into more important stuff so far. :roll:

#12 Dr.Zebra

Dr.Zebra

Posted 10 December 2013 - 13:32

I know that feeling ;=)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users