Photo
- - - - -

Rise of Flight: Squadrons List (Updated Dec. 25th)

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#121 J2_Wallenberg

J2_Wallenberg

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:12

Looking for a squadron to help me learn the game and fly with.

Hello, Ace of Bacardi and welcome to Rise of Flight.

Check out the "New Wings" multiplayer servers ("work" your way up from the beginner's server to the Wargrounds one). Lots of people willing to assist and help. Maybe take yourself some time to "earn your wings" before joining a squad.

The learning curve is steep; I've been flying with numerous honorable squads just to learn before I've settled with my "family", the königliche preußische Jagdstaffel 2.

Salute!

#122 ClickyGamer

ClickyGamer

Posted 01 May 2013 - 16:33

Looking for a squadron to help me learn the game and fly with.

Hello, Ace of Bacardi and welcome to Rise of Flight.

Check out the "New Wings" multiplayer servers ("work" your way up from the beginner's server to the Wargrounds one). Lots of people willing to assist and help. Maybe take yourself some time to "earn your wings" before joining a squad.

The learning curve is steep; I've been flying with numerous honorable squads just to learn before I've settled with my "family", the königliche preußische Jagdstaffel 2.

Salute!

- Thanks for the reply, So are you saying no squadrons are willing to recruit new players and fly with them? I am going to play the missions first to learn how to fly but the reason I got this game is to fly with others as a team. I dont need to be included in clan matches, ranked games, etc. till I earn my wings but would like to fly with and make new friends even if its just flying around checking out the scenery. There must be little tips, tricks and shortcuts that I can learn from people that I cant learn from missions/tutorials?

#123 No.42_Space

No.42_Space

Posted 02 May 2013 - 18:52

The No.42 Squadron is not opposed to taking on new pilots, and yes it is an easier road to travel if you have buds to help you over the rough parts. We have good training, lots of help available and always a good time flying!

Joining a squad is right for some, not right for others, and sometimes the matches are not good and it takes more than one try to get it right. You may fly with several groups before finding the right people, or you may find the first group you fly with to have everything youar e looking for and good peeps as well.

Stop by http://42sqn.forumotion.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://42sqn.forumotion.com/ if you like, have a little chat and maybe some fun flying with us. Our next regular squad night is Saturday, but there are usually several 42s flying on Thursdays also. If you find you like us and we you, great. If not, we all get to have a little fun anyway! leave a message and someone will get you the passwords.

Either way, will see you in the skies!

#124 J2_Wallenberg

J2_Wallenberg

Posted 03 May 2013 - 09:19

- Thanks for the reply, So are you saying no squadrons are willing to recruit new players and fly with them? I am going to play the missions first to learn how to fly but the reason I got this game is to fly with others as a team. I dont need to be included in clan matches, ranked games, etc. till I earn my wings but would like to fly with and make new friends even if its just flying around checking out the scenery. There must be little tips, tricks and shortcuts that I can learn from people that I cant learn from missions/tutorials?

No, not at all. There are squadrons who recruit new players, and are eager to introduce them to the sim. I just thought I'd point you towards the other option, which enabled me to join my favourite squadron after a while.

The other way around, there are squads like New Wings and No.42 and many others who help you to earn your wings.

Either way, the RoF learning curve towards full realism is steep, and if you don't let yourself get frustrated by things you will shrug off with a smile later, the experience can be still awesome after years!

#125 Fraggles

Fraggles

Posted 17 June 2013 - 18:37

Hey guys is jasta 2 still operating? I don't know if you remember me because it's been months since I've been online but vonkost and I started j2 back in 09. I don't know if he is still flying with you guys or not. Drookasi would remember me. Anyway I'd love to fly with you all again.

#126 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 17 June 2013 - 19:13

Hey guys is jasta 2 still operating? I don't know if you remember me because it's been months since I've been online but vonkost and I started j2 back in 09. I don't know if he is still flying with you guys or not. Drookasi would remember me. Anyway I'd love to fly with you all again.

I was briefly in J2 and I was under your command. I remember that you were a good guy. Welcome back to ROF. I am sure that J2 will take one of the J2 founders in. :P

:S!: MJ

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#127 Fraggles

Fraggles

Posted 17 June 2013 - 23:15

hey I remember you! How come you aren't flying with the squadron anymore? Do they still have a website up? I tried the old site and it was down.

#128 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:01

hey I remember you! How come you aren't flying with the squadron anymore? Do they still have a website up? I tried the old site and it was down.

Hey Nigel,
Ah, I am total SPAD VII fanboi. Central will have to stay flying captured Allied rides, if I am to switch back. :P I don't know what happened to the website Nigel, but there are J2 crew around on the forum. J2_Wallenberg might be a great contact. He is a very active ROF community member and an all around charming guy. He should be able to get you up to speed on all things J2 and he would make a great flying partner, as you get back into multiplayer, Nigel. I am glad you are back.

Salute to you, Sir!

MJ

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#129 Ice2

Ice2

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:54

Hi all,

Wanted to do an article on Rise of Flight active squadrons but found some inaccurate info in this thread.
Below an updated list. If I missed things, let me know.
And maybe Bleddyn can correct things and get the list up to date. With the new Steam community heading this way we better be ready. ;)

Cheers,

===============================================================
Red = offline

—————————————————————

Escuadron 69
Königl. Preuß. Jagdstaffel 99 (and Flieger-Ersatz-Abteilung 99).
1st Aerial Battalion (AB1)
No.266 Squadron. RFC
1.Pulk Lotniczy
Jagdgeschwader I "Richthofen"
Jasta 26
Jasta 11 (Brasil)
Jasta 5
Jasta 13
Wing Walkers virtual Combat Squadron
Jasta 66 - Eagles of Prussia
Oceanic Wing
Jasta 6
Knights of the Air
Jasta 9
=69.GIAP=
1st. Hussars
Squadron One
Jasta 2
Four Aces Squadron
TX Squadron
The Blackhaze
US13th Grim Reapers
150° Gruppo Autonomo Caccia Terrestre
CPS (Casual Pilots Squadron)
LvA (Luchtvaart Afdeeling)
No.10 (Naval) Squadron (Tides of War)
Imperial Royal Flying Corps (Tides of War)
Jasta 52
Les Hellequins
RAF74
MOH Squadron
The Syndicate (SYN)
=Flying BARANS= (=FB=)
Escadrille 352 "Les Gladiateurs"
JASTA 6, part of Jagdgeschwader 1 "Richthofen"
RAF56
Jasta 13
Jasta 2 'Boelcke'
US95th Aero Squadron
Jasta 30
Combat Folk
GAVCAvi 1st Brazilian Fighter Squadron Virtual
1st Aerial Battalion (AB1)
Cry Havoc
Ukrainian Alliance

#130 ER_O_v._Kessler

ER_O_v._Kessler

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:03

ER* Eiserne Reserve

http://www.Eiserne-Reserve.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.Eiserne-Reserve.net

Spandau.. What else ?? :icon_mad:

#131 JG1_Klaiber

JG1_Klaiber

Posted 18 June 2013 - 13:18

Hi all,

Wanted to do an article on Rise of Flight active squadrons but found some inaccurate info in this thread.
Below an updated list. If I missed things, let me know.
And maybe Bleddyn can correct things and get the list up to date. With the new Steam community heading this way we better be ready. ;)

Cheers,

===============================================================
Red = offline

—————————————————————

Jagdgeschwader I "Richthofen"

JASTA 6, part of Jagdgeschwader 1 "Richthofen"

The power went off on our server last night due to a car hitting a telephone pole - we're working on getting it back up and running.

JG1 Richthofen, and JG1.org, are very much active. :)
Klaiber_long_ROF.png?dl=0
Hals - und Beinbruch!

#132 TheLastMan

TheLastMan

Posted 16 May 2015 - 19:52

Hello

Jasta 27

Jasta27.jimdo.com

jasta27squadron@gmail.com

#133 Flying_Bear

Flying_Bear
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Posted 19 July 2015 - 19:45

add Kråklegionen! no website

If a bear can be in the artillery, why not in the airforce too?

#134 Gman15

Gman15

Posted 19 June 2016 - 19:15

It's been awhile since I've played but I'd like to get back into the game with a squadron, looking a serious squadron that flies historically. I'd rather fly for the central powers
Cheers
Gunnar

#135 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 20 June 2016 - 14:34

S! Gunnar

You might want to fly on New Wings War Grounds for a week, to see active squads and how they fly.  The beginning of this thread is a list of squads. 

sig9.png

#136 J2_Marx

J2_Marx
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 20 June 2016 - 17:25

Jasta 2 'Boelcke'

Ahum, we are very much alive mister :icon_e_salute:

#137 GunJones_US22

GunJones_US22
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 25 June 2016 - 21:10

Introducing the recently launched Lafayette Escadrille, SPA 124, for Rise of Flight!

At present we are all former Laf. Esc. members from the Red Baron 3D days. We also include as an option, for those who care to, to fly under alternative USAS squadron names (their choice of Aero) in 1918 servers and scenarios (historically in 1918, the American branch of SPA 124 was ended and became the US 103rd Aero.)

If interested in joining (newbees to ROF most welcome), or else just want to have a look, please visit our new website at: http://escadrillelaf...4.yolasite.com/

S!

Gun Jones

LE.jpg

#138 Nport17

Nport17

Posted 16 July 2016 - 14:43

Ello, I've been playing for 3 months and I want to join a RFC Squadron. (That uses Sopwith Pup's) I just can't find any.
I'm not much of an ace, but I like being rear seat gunners and I'm good at surviving crashes. I also like too take screenshots
and editing them.

I just can't wait to fly with a squadron and shoot some Germans down! :icon_mad:

#139 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 20 July 2016 - 08:20

Would be nice to see some LE in RoF

sig.png

#140 GunJones_US22

GunJones_US22
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 20 July 2016 - 17:43

Yes, well I certainly envy how JG2 have come along since we fought you  in tournaments in the old days of RB3D. Looking at your websites and all you certainly have a fine set up (including good pilots.) We meanwhile are mostly very new to ROF; so most are still in basic training and we are still just growing as a squad. But hopefully it won't be too long before as a group we can participate in Flanders in Flames (or similar.) But as they say -- we'll see.

As far as if anyone might be interested in joining, please contact us via our site at:

http://escadrillelaf...4.yolasite.com/

#141 JG1_Vonrd_J10

JG1_Vonrd_J10
  • LocationOakland CA

Posted 20 July 2016 - 20:41

it won't be too long before as a group we can participate in Flanders in Flames (or similar.) But as they say -- we'll see.

As far as if anyone might be interested in joining, please contact us via our site at:

http://escadrillelaf...4.yolasite.com/

C'mon in... register... we really need all the pilots we can get! It's not necessary to be Ace of the Base.

Nice website BTW... jealous

#142 Dr.Endstille

Dr.Endstille
  • Location50°54`32"N - 6°47`32"O

Posted 11 August 2016 - 07:32

Jagdgeschwader 443 is a group of players who have fun and interest in civil or military flight simulators. Everybody who feels addressed and with the rules of social interaction (including the Internet!) Is familiar. 
The group on Steam is a smorgasbord for fans of flying without any special handicap, the main thing is a flight simulation. 
I think the fans of this kind of games, like to rely on such a group in order to exchange ideas and tips and advice to get. 
Keep everything on the topic of flight simulations.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/JG443

#143 MattDizzle

MattDizzle

Posted 01 September 2017 - 12:36

Looking for an active squadron in the US-East (or close enough) time zone that flies french fighters, especially nieuports.  Been flightsimming since i was 6 years old playing "Aces of the Pacific", many many years on IL2 Sturmovik and recently got into Rise of Flight. Reply here or shoot me a PM.

udR7Dek.jpg

#144 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 September 2017 - 13:49

Salute MattDizzle!

If the US103rd is still recruiting, I'd shoot them an application. Their "squad rides" are all French aircraft, although they have been known to fly other planes too. ;)
https://riseofflight...s-posted-front/

If they aren't active any more, JG1 is always glad to have new recruits! To be honest, we don't fly the Nieuport 17 much, and most of the time we fly German if the sides allow. But out of personal taste, I fly the N.28 a lot. If the US103rd isn't active any more, check out our website and shoot us an application if you like what you see! :)
http://jg1.org/

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#145 MattDizzle

MattDizzle

Posted 03 September 2017 - 18:41

No luck so far. it seems the only active squadrons on this forum are german ones.

#146 MattDizzle

MattDizzle

Posted 03 September 2017 - 18:42

I do have the E.III if push comes to shove (i dont know how to edit posts here)

#147 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 03 September 2017 - 22:19

No luck so far. it seems the only active squadrons on this forum are german ones.

Matt,

If your serious about joining a squad, I wouldn't worry tooo much about it being Central or Entente. In truth, most of these are holdovers from a time when we had both. For various reasons, Entente squads just didn't hold up like Central ones did. While many of us might prefer to fly a particular side, numbers pretty much force our hands to fly whatever is needed in the open servers. Even in our events and tournaments pilots will fly for both sides, regardless of their squads affiliation. J5, J2, JG1 are all quality squads IMHO. I know for a fact that many of the pilots in them put in nearly as many hours on French/British aero's as they do German.

Best advice for you is to find one that's right for you. Get on Teamspeak. Talk to members, fly with members, maybe even join them for a squad night or practice sometime. Once you get comfortable with a group then talk to them about joining. 

Jasta 5 has practice every Sat at 12 noon EST. You are always welcome to stop in and say hello. 

GC

Gamecock,The Kickin Chickin   http://www.jasta5.org

Untitled.jpg

#148 MattDizzle

MattDizzle

Posted 05 September 2017 - 15:37

Thats what i'll do J5_Gamecock. It seems like the online community for Rise of flight isnt as active as i hoped. I guess i got into the game 8 years too late.

#149 BaronVonMyakin

BaronVonMyakin

Posted 05 September 2017 - 19:15

Community of ROF is specific like this game. It's small but friendly, stable and plush warm  :lol:

Just be part of it and enjoy it!

#150 =KAG=Dron

=KAG=Dron

Posted 06 September 2017 - 16:34

Есть ещё и =КАГ= или =KAG=.

#151 US103_Hunter

US103_Hunter
  • LocationOver The Front!

Posted 08 September 2017 - 14:03

Matt

103rd Aero are still here ;)

There are about 4-5 of us that will be more active during the Fall/Winter. We have been pretty inactive due to summer, dead servers etc. I'm on the J2_Adam schedule apparently.

We would be happy to fly Nieuports and SPADs with you.

I'm getting my PC set up and ready for flying again. I have to re-map everything doh!

S!

Hunter

#152 56Sqn_Badger

56Sqn_Badger
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 02 March 2018 - 23:34

No 56 Sqn

http://56sqn.com

No 56 Sqn, a virtual RoF squadron founded in 2016, is now re-activated and recruiting pilots new and old. We are primarily a North American squadron (though all are welcome) and are dedicated to fun and camaraderie, primarily flying British aircraft (especially the S.E.5a). Visit our website or PM me to learn more about our squadron.

Fly No 56 Sqn!

rof-header.jpg

S!

Alex "56Sqn_Badger"

CO, No 56 (V) Sqn

#153 Bleddyn

Bleddyn

Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:43

Hey guys,

I have not been a moderator or even active on the RoF forums in years and just recently "returned". I had no idea any sticky posts created by me would have migrated from the old forums and still be in use. Since this one is still here, and it seems that updates are still wanted I will attempt to work on it over the next couple of days. No promises, as my real life gives me very little PC time now but I will do what I can.

S!

(Also, any active moderator can feel free to edit the OP anytime they like.)

#154 J2_PikeStance

J2_PikeStance
  • LocationJilin, China

Posted 03 March 2018 - 08:17

If you do not want to reinvent the wheel, I did it here

comic3_signature2018.png

#155 Hugo_Schafer

Hugo_Schafer

Posted 08 April 2018 - 00:51

Greetings all. I am new to the game having renewed my interest in WWI aircraft. Is anyone seeking a new recruit? GMT +10

Cheers

#156 56Sqn_Badger

56Sqn_Badger
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 08 April 2018 - 02:14

Welcome to the RoF community! No 56 Sqn is recruiting. We are probably the newest squadrons in Rise of Flight (re-activated last month, just me so far) and are one of the very few dedicated RFC/RAF squadrons.

No 56 Sqn has a unique philosophy in that "we" place a high emphasis on historical immersion and will not use voice comms to coordinate in-flight combat operations (just to chat) since the WWI-era pilots only communicated with hand gestures, flares, and aircraft movements. Also, teamwork and unit cohesion in combat are primary goals, so we will train toward developing a cooperative mindset. You can read more about our approach in our "Pilot's Handbook" on the "About" page of our website.

Our virtual Squadron will be based around time zones in the Americas. Our Squadron Night is on Thursdays at 8:30 p.m. (U.S. Central Time), which I believe would be on Friday at 11:30 a.m. in your time zone. I don't know how well that may work with you, but if it does, by all means check out No 56 Sqn. You can message me on this forum and/or on our Discord server (see here for the latter) to chat.

S!

Alex "56Sqn_Badger"

CO, No 56 (V) Sqn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users