- - - - -

[MOD] Terrain bump-mapping

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#81 WW1EAF_Paf

WW1EAF_Paf
  • Tester

Posted 26 January 2014 - 18:04

It works with all the textures. Just look for yourself how much you like it with which texture :)

#82 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 26 January 2014 - 22:25

I lost track of what this mod conflicts with…
Can I use Fubar's mods AND this mod without problems?

Hi BroadSide,
You can use Fubar's mod if you activate Ankor's bump mapping on top of it.
If you do the inverse, Ankor's bump mapping isn't working correctely.

I had a tiles lines issue (see few post above) when using those 2 mods together, but solved it by tweaking Ankor's files (see few post above)
But it seems others didn't have this lines issue…so you should try and see first ;)
The test is flying QMB Verdun summer map, and fly around the airfield at 3/400m above…if you can't see the lines as on my pictures above, you're good to go without tweaking files!
I'm now very satisfied with those 2 mods, and they are certainly the best existing around for ROF new eye candy :)

#83 AnKor85

AnKor85

Posted 27 January 2014 - 16:51

Smart-blur is essential for bump mapping to work and previous versions also included it. Without smart blur road edges will appear very jagged - you won't like it.

Fifi, what you shown on those screenshots is the best I can do. Those lines are unavoidable because the shader can't know the color of adjacent tile.
If you have time to experiment you can try editing following lines:
static const float SafeTex = 1.0f/4096.0f;

float2 tOffm = max(floor(tUV*8)/8+SafeTex.xx, tUV - OffUV.xx);
float2 tOffp = min(ceil(tUV*8)/8-SafeTex.xx, tUV + OffUV.xx);

Change 4096 to one of following values: 512, 1024, 2048 or to whatever number you like. Perhaps it will make a difference, but I doubt it :)
Additionally you may try to change those 8s (all at once) to other value like 2, 4, 16. But again I doubt it will have any good effect.

I updated the first post with mods on (the same as the one from previous page) and mods off versions compiled with maximum graphics settings.
Note that you can only tune mods on version because there is no "fx" files in another one.

#84 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 27 January 2014 - 20:32

Thanks for your help Ankor.
I will try just to see :S!:

EDIT:
Ok i tried some other values without success, as you thought!
Made me discovering the "static const float SafeTex = 1.0f/4096.0f" affects the texture resolution.
I changed 4096 for 512, and result was bad low ground resolution…
I also changed the 8 numbers, without seeing any change.

So for now, i keep what's the best for me (just the river banks where i don't see tiles lines)

#85 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 28 January 2014 - 13:52

Hi Ankor,

I think it is an accident, but there is a section of road that looks eroded from heavy travel:

Attached File  2014_1_27__22_38_25.jpg   446.64KB   468 downloads

Serendipity? Not to hassle you, but I wonder if you could make all the dirt roads appear worn down?

#86 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 28 January 2014 - 20:10

I lost track of what this mod conflicts with…
Can I use Fubar's mods AND this mod without problems?

Hi BroadSide,
You can use Fubar's mod if you activate Ankor's bump mapping on top of it.
If you do the inverse, Ankor's bump mapping isn't working correctely.

:)

To be clear on this: first install fubar's and than Ankor's :?:
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#87 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 28 January 2014 - 21:31

Yes Dutch (using JSGME).

#88 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:27

Thanks for this, AnKor, it is just great.

One of the many things I like about this mod is that you can pick up the terrain features much better and I can now see a little dip or rise in the ground during emergency landings that I used to not see that would sometimes flip me over…now I can often avoid them. So at low levels the small variations in terrain elevation are much more apparent which helps with overall immersion…well done!

:S!:

#89 Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:41

Fifi,

Your avatar cracks me up! Is that a photo from a movie promo or is that you headed out for a wild night…lol

I think my two favorite avatars are yours and Bandy's :lol:

#90 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 29 January 2014 - 02:57

Coming from Fly Boys movie :)

#91 AnKor85

AnKor85

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:02

Glad you like it :)

Nobody mentioned it yet, but there is a noticeable transition when my bump-mapping disappears at low-level when original bump-mapping kicks in. I think it is not a big deal though.

Hi Ankor,

I think it is an accident, but there is a section of road that looks eroded from heavy travel:

Serendipity? Not to hassle you, but I wonder if you could make all the dirt roads appear worn down?
It is more of a question to Fubar as he is drawing new textures to be used with my mod. All I do is just some simple math, and it is hard to describe a "worn down road" with a formula :)

#92 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:28

Got it!

#93 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:32

…Nobody mentioned it yet, but there is a noticeable transition when my bump-mapping disappears at low-level when original bump-mapping kicks in. I think it is not a big deal though. …
Ah, for pity's sake, could you not have said that!??!! Now I can't help but notice this transition when I never did before… :(
THANKS Ankor :xx:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

#94 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:18

Hi Ankor,

Many thanks again for this mod, but I'm having an issue. I installed the first version of this mod directly into my game files, and now when I apply the latest version using JSGME, I am not seeing bump mapping on the channel map at all. I do see bump mapping on the original RoF map.

Does this make sense as a possible reason?

#95 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:38

This is a fantastic mod! :S!: MJ

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#96 AnKor85

AnKor85

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:22

SYN_Bandy, try removing any files from "data\graphics\shaders\trash\bin" and then reinstall the latest version of the mod.

#97 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:47

Stupid question but how do I install this? Just "merge" into my RoF/data folder?

PS I'm installing both Mods on and Off versions.

Thx

#98 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 08 February 2014 - 22:00

Stupid question but how do I install this? Just "merge" into my RoF/data folder?

PS I'm installing both Mods on and Off versions.

Thx

Use JSGME!
Make sure the path is correct…Terrain bump-mapping/data/graphics/shaders/trash.
Once unzipped to desktop, you'll only have to create a folder you call Terrain bump-mapping, and drop the unzipped into it. Then drop the whole into your MOD folder.

#99 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 February 2014 - 23:09

Easy! Thanks, Fifi!

#100 Beery

Beery

Posted 22 February 2014 - 14:27

I wonder if it's possible to make the trench graphics a bit more subtle? Right now, they stand out a bit too much in my opinion - having seen WW1 trench reconstructions in Newville Pennsylvania, I think the actual trench is too black.

You can see the Newville trench system from the air at Google Maps - just search for "GWA Trenches". They're just not as dark, and the darkest lines are not as thick, as the ones in the game.

#101 LEON_CZ

LEON_CZ
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 06 August 2016 - 05:38

Thank you very much Ankor for this fantastic mod, It's really a great improvement! I am enjoying the great look of this simulator again after years ...

FCU.png

#102 lipy

lipy

Posted 08 September 2017 - 18:38

379/5000

Hello everyone,
I just found my CFS3 and decided to reinstall it by nostalgia.
To update it, I downloaded AnKors_Shaders_27_Jan_2017.
The problem is that I see part of the terrain in the cockpit.
Moreover, the ground does not seem to me as beautiful as on the pictures or videos.
Surely a bad maneuver but what?
Can you help me please?

1504895699-cfs3-prob.jpg

#103 Oliver88

Oliver88

Posted 08 September 2017 - 19:22

379/5000
Hello everyone,I just found my CFS3 and decided to reinstall it by nostalgia.To update it, I downloaded AnKors_Shaders_27_Jan_2017.The problem is that I see part of the terrain in the cockpit.Moreover, the ground does not seem to me as beautiful as on the pictures or videos.Surely a bad maneuver but what?Can you help me please?
1504895699-cfs3-prob.jpg

I've not used this shader. But this forums about Rise of Flight, not CFS3?

#104 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 08 September 2017 - 19:33

You are in completely the wrong place, you are better off posting on the WOFF board on SIMHQ, you're more likely to get Ankors attention there.

AFAIK the shaders were for WOFF rather than for CFS3 so results might be perfect in vanilla CFS3

sig.png

#105 lipy

lipy

Posted 08 September 2017 - 19:56

Houps, sorry, not careful, I relied blindly on google ... :icon_e_wink:
I will go and see on SIMHQ. :icon_e_salute:

#106 AnKor85

AnKor85

Posted 10 September 2017 - 17:37

Even though I am the same AnKor on any forum, this one is definitely a wrong place to discuss CFS3 :icon_lol:

For WOFF questions go to simhq.com, but for CFS3 the best place to ask is sim-outhouse.com

I rarely visit any forums these days, but other people can help with most issues.

PS: The solution is simple - turn off "Dual Pass Render" in cfs3config :)

#107 lipy

lipy

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:26

Thanks AnKor85. :)

But I do not see this option in the cfs3 config.exe
In custom configuration, I just have the graphics values, no box for advanced options.
I'll see the site that you tell me, we'll see .... ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users