hq_Jorri

Posted 26 October 2013 - 16:28

What? No!

#4 Dressedwings

Dressedwings
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 26 October 2013 - 19:21

why the german signs on it?

Yes for the british roundel version, no for the German.

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#5 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 26 October 2013 - 20:05

Did we just go round and round about "captured" planes?

Sheesh.

No way.

#6 J99-Himmelhund

J99-Himmelhund

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:06

Why not?
Every side has flown prey airplanes.
On the shooting servers everything becomes anyhow in a mess flown. ;)

#7 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:09

..and the rest of your squadron would like to fly these skins, too?

#8 J99Falke

J99Falke

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:50

:S!:

img_3631.gif

#9 J99-Himmelhund

J99-Himmelhund

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:53

Yes, of course!
In the Jasta99 it is usual that the Staffelskins are introduced first in own forum.
Only if the discussions are finished and the drafts changed, here the Skins are introduced.

#10 wrong_name_1371

wrong_name_1371

Posted 27 October 2013 - 14:53

:) :S!:

#11 Dressedwings

Dressedwings

Posted 27 October 2013 - 15:55

while they look nice german signs on a british plane is just unacceptable, especially since this is a personal pack. If it were a historical skin, then maybe, but this is not. I stand firm with my no, sorry

:(

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#12 J99Zitzewitz

J99Zitzewitz
  • LocationGermany - NRW

Posted 27 October 2013 - 22:21

..and the rest of your squadron would like to fly these skins, too?

Yes, Sir! :)

#13 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 27 October 2013 - 22:24

So…how do you intent to use these British planes with German crosses?

#14 1PL-Lucas-1Esk

1PL-Lucas-1Esk
  • LocationPoland/Warsaw

Posted 27 October 2013 - 23:31

Perhaps on some squadron vs squadron event or some J99 fly-in ?
I am speaking from my personal experience. Our paints can be 'controversial' for some RoF members as well since their markings are not WW1 but postwar. While the chessboards on the Entente planes are more acceptable, the problem arises with the German planes and our national markings.
When we are having some internal squadron training we use them both however when online on some server we use them very rarely. They are mostly for squadron vs squadron meeting, non-historical missions or dogfight missions with the icons turned on.
Voted yes.

1PL-Lucas
CO of 1.Pułk Lotniczy
http://1pl.boo.pl

#15 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 27 October 2013 - 23:36

Well, if you distribute them only to your own squadron members, you all will be able to see them.

#16 ER_O_v._Kessler

ER_O_v._Kessler

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:35

Yes :S!:

And to Jorri:

captured Planes was been used at BOTH sides

Attached Files

Spandau.. What else ?? :icon_mad:

#17 J99-Himmelhund

J99-Himmelhund

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:09

If it was not possible in RoF to use airplanes of the opponents, then these Skins would not be also necessary.
I find, it is more honest if I an alliertes airplane on the Central side fly which is provided it then also with the correct sign.

#18 Armincles

Armincles

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:34

Yes Vote from me.

Everyone please note that this is the ficticious skin section, it should not matter how a skin looks, unless a skin design offends somebody for a realistic reason ,so what is the problem?
Because there is currently a huge gap in aircraft available in ROF at the moment it is always handy to be able to use aircraft for either side for balance purposes if need be.

while they look nice german signs on a british plane is just unacceptable, especially since this is a personal pack. If it were a historical skin, then maybe, but this is not. I stand firm with my no, sorry

When you see the aircraft in multiplayer, does it matter if it is from the historic or the fictional skin? How do you see the difference?
It is also a squadron skin for J99 not a personal skin, does it say personal anywhere? :0o:

#19 ER_Rawlings

ER_Rawlings
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 October 2013 - 13:42

Here's a Yes from me! I really like the skins, but it's hard to see you without Icons :D

There is also a Handley Page with german Crosses on it in the protected mode why are the Crosses on a F.E.2b a problem for you?

I hope I can see this skin in front of my Spandaus

Salute!

76561198093584915.png

6309e3edc5.jpg

#20 ER_CUX

ER_CUX
  • LocationCuxhaven

Posted 28 October 2013 - 13:59

:S!: Melde -mit Yes gestimmt -was sonst? Hoffe ich kann mal eine davon :x
o.png

#21 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 28 October 2013 - 15:01

For fantasy, sure. If that's what you want to fly, sure. Inclusion into the skin pack? No.

#22 Dressedwings

Dressedwings

Posted 28 October 2013 - 18:45

When you see the aircraft in multiplayer, does it matter if it is from the historic or the fictional skin? How do you see the difference?
It is also a squadron skin for J99 not a personal skin, does it say personal anywhere? :0o:

Squadron aircraft count as personal aircraft. They are the personal skins of your squad..

If you plan to use them on your own server, or on a squadron server, then give a DL link to everyone using them, or go mods off.

And even though the FE is pretty identifiable as a british aircraft, german signs on it would definitely throw anyone off. I know once New Wings tested that out with the Sopwith Pup.

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#23 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 28 October 2013 - 21:13

For fantasy, sure. If that's what you want to fly, sure. Inclusion into the skin pack? No.

This +1.

I completely understand the idea of using these in squadron events - in which case,
you can pw the server, distribute these to your group and run in Mods On mode.

Having more mislabeled planes available to the average arcader in MP just begs for trouble.

I'd give a "yes" vote if your pack consisted of *only* the British variants, but I can't
vote anything but "no" for the skins with German markings.

Sorry,
4 :S!:

#24 J99-Himmelhund

J99-Himmelhund

Posted 28 October 2013 - 21:38

Up to now we have painted as the first a Jasta skin and have put here to the vote.
Later have introduced pilot x, Piloty, Pilot z … theirs personal Jasta skins.

This were more skins because these certain pilots were assigned.
Now it is variable. Present pilots get her position in the formation assigned and choose the airplane with the Skin belonging to it.

Also other Squdrons have already done this at this point. Where is there the mistake?

#25 No.42_Flatspin

No.42_Flatspin

Posted 28 October 2013 - 23:42

I'd like to see this Hun version of the Fee as a surrogate to the missing Aviatik C.I. It would definitely be a stretch, but you could pull off 1915 in a squad v squad.

German markings are moot. If you're on a public server what are the chances of the Fe2b being available from a CP base? If he takes off from an Entente base with crosses, he'll likely get shot up…lesson learned…oops, better change the skin! Now, in a private match like I mentioned above - totally acceptable.

I still say "Yes". Good luck J99.

#26 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 28 October 2013 - 23:51

Up to now we have painted as the first a Jasta skin and have put here to the vote.

Now it is variable. Present pilots get her position in the formation assigned and choose the airplane with the Skin belonging to it.

Also other Squdrons have already done this at this point. Where is there the mistake?

Himmel, a month or so ago some moron flew a captured skin in an MP venue and caused considerable comment on this forum.

Some of us had been predicting that would happen when they first started allowing captured skins.

Saying, "Well those guys did it, doesn't make it right." In fact, the "other squad" had a captured plane they really used as a liaison aircraft, but not in combat. So there was at least some slight justification for it.

If it's just for intra-squad meetings, pass the skins around your squad.

My guess is you really have another agenda. But, even if you don't, you're just inviting some nitwit to use your skin in the same way. :mrgreen:

#27 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 29 October 2013 - 00:14

No way! :evil:

#28 RAC_Shnoze_Shmon

RAC_Shnoze_Shmon

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:26

Nice paints!
Yes of course.

#29 Armincles

Armincles

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:37

Himmel, a month or so ago some moron flew a captured skin in an MP venue and caused considerable comment on this forum.

Some of us had been predicting that would happen when they first started allowing captured skins.

Saying, "Well those guys did it, doesn't make it right." In fact, the "other squad" had a captured plane they really used as a liaison aircraft, but not in combat. So there was at least some slight justification for it.

My guess is you really have another agenda. But, even if you don't, you're just inviting some nitwit to use your skin in the same way. :mrgreen:

Rather ban the morons! There are lots of them lately.

Also it wont help saying no to our captured skin when there are so many captured skins around already.

Still the keyword is FICTICIOUS!

Good thing is that in the modern time warfare this topic does not exist! Any country can fly a F16 for example!

#30 Lastjudge

Lastjudge

Posted 29 October 2013 - 13:11

A complete squad would fly with "captured" fictional machines/skins. The exception would become the rule. This cannot be right.

For example: I would not like to see Fokker Dr.-planes with english signs, not even one.

This could be the beginning of a chaos, so I prefer to vote with "no".

#31 Dressedwings

Dressedwings

Posted 29 October 2013 - 18:39

Rather ban the morons! There are lots of them lately.

Also it wont help saying no to our captured skin when there are so many captured skins around already.

Still the keyword is FICTICIOUS!

Good thing is that in the modern time warfare this topic does not exist! Any country can fly a F16 for example!

aye, but that country wouldn't bare its enemies flag on it. Or in todays term, tag them selves as friendlies :P

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#32 J99-Himmelhund

J99-Himmelhund

Posted 29 October 2013 - 19:15

If in the WW1 a Manfred von Richthofen had captured a Spad, and with this wanted to fly, then he would have painted them red with german signs.

To him it would have made no difference whether Georges Guynemer or … had cursed about that.
He would have at most said: " Shoots me down."

It would have turned back certainly just.

For me it is important that the Skins are checked, so that no transparent surfaces or other deceitful things can be applied with it.
If somebody sits down in his spare time and spends a lot of time to paint such Skins, then he should also have his joy in it.

I never have personally with "no" votet no matter whether the candidate was reflected to me friendly, or not so.

I will do this also further so.

#33 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 29 October 2013 - 21:17

Sooooo this means you guys are going to release 'captured' skins for all the planes now :D 16 per planetype?

All with this great camouflage that is made to almost turn you invisibile and look as unlike a proper WWI plane livery as possible.

You're really releasing 16 German FE2b skins because 'If Richthofen had captured a spad he would want to fly he would have painted it red'?

Basti, Sizzlor, what do they think of this?

Why do your so called 'captured' skins look nothing like actual planes that have been captured from the RFC? Would they have been captured with some sort of digital camouflage or would they have been painted with this afterwards? I guess not because your British planes carry it too.

Why did you choose this camouflage, do you just think it looks nice?

#34 RAC_Shnoze_Shmon

RAC_Shnoze_Shmon

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:33

A complete squad would fly with "captured" fictional machines/skins. The exception would become the rule. This cannot be right.

For example: I would not like to see Fokker Dr.-planes with english signs, not even one.

This could be the beginning of a chaos, so I prefer to vote with "no".

My, my, a bit defensive. I scoured the internet for a Dr1 with a Union Jack on it, but drat no fun this time.

Nobody gets to claim sacred treatment over their favorite plane.

#35 Lastjudge

Lastjudge

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:43

Certainly not, Shnoze, but a Dr.1 with english signs would look a little bit perverse, wouldn't it? (as a camel with german crosses). That is, why you did not find one like this in the internet.

And of course Richthofen never flew a (red) Spad (and I think, he would have prefered his beloved Dr.1). So this argument is not convincing at all.

I agree with Jorri. If you see the silhouette of an allied plane and then you recognize (too late),it is an enemy, this wouldn't be smart or funny. No, this would be a set-back for the game.

So these skins make no sense, and I hope, you do not think, I am an aggressor; no, I have just my point of view.

#36 Armincles

Armincles

Posted 30 October 2013 - 13:33

This discussion over captured skins, wants me to uninstall my ROF and go and rather fly FSX again!

Why this censoring all the time? Central did not have to ask permission to fly a captured planes! Why do we have to ask permission?

Judge the skin not the markings!
Sooooo this means you guys are going to release 'captured' skins for all the planes now :D 16 per planetype?

All with this great camouflage that is made to almost turn you invisibile and look as unlike a proper WWI plane livery as possible.

You're really releasing 16 German FE2b skins because 'If Richthofen had captured a spad he would want to fly he would have painted it red'?

Basti, Sizzlor, what do they think of this?

Why do your so called 'captured' skins look nothing like actual planes that have been captured from the RFC? Would they have been captured with some sort of digital camouflage or would they have been painted with this afterwards? I guess not because your British planes carry it too.

Why did you choose this camouflage, do you just think it looks nice?
What does it matter Jorri , we are in the ficticious skins section as I mentioned before!
What would happen if I submitted a skin for Corsairs? What aircraft would I be able to use to make you happy? :0o:

Or is it a anti German/J99 thing? :(

#37 J99-Himmelhund

J99-Himmelhund

Posted 30 October 2013 - 14:16

For those have not understood: The comparison Richthofen - Spad was purely hypothetical. ;)

What I wanted to express with it:

If a pilot a captured airplane has flown, he has painted it as he wanted it.
To him it was uninterested whether his opponent agreed with it or not.

However, here this is not possible.
If it is not permitted in RoF or is welcome, that the airplanes with hostile signs are painted, then it should not be possible from the outset to be able to select airplanes of the Centrals on entente airfields, or airplanes of the entente on airfields of the Centrals.

Could one also mark skins, central or entente? Thus this could be used skin only on 1 side!

I understand the fear of the fact that these become too many Skins.
It also happens to me in such a way if I want to select a Skin that I must look long.
A searching function at this point would be very helpful.

Even if it does not fit at this point completely on the subject - is it known somebody in which file the data (last selected skin, weapons …) are stored?
Everybody could select his preferential Skins, weapons … for every airplane once and then store this file.

With the entrance of a server with which these things are firmly put own settings are destroyed.
Now, however, one has a secure file and can use this by new start of RoF again.

#38 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 30 October 2013 - 20:17

At the risk of belaboring the issue, it appears that the *point* is being entirely missed
or ignored…

If a pilot a captured airplane has flown, he has painted it as he wanted it.
To him it was uninterested whether his opponent agreed with it or not.
Historically, that may or may not be true - that said, an *entire squadron* of planes
painted up to mimic the opponent's aircraft markings, were *NOT* flown.

Furthermore, even with a single captured plane that was to be test flown, calls and communications
were made to ensure his own side didn't shoot him down, and my understanding is that those
flights were both rare, and not generally flown into active combat.

If it is not permitted in RoF or is welcome, that the airplanes with hostile signs are painted, then it should not be possible from the outset to be able to select airplanes of the Centrals on entente airfields, or airplanes of the entente on airfields of the Centrals.
That would be an issue to take up with the devs. Personally, I don't think any "captured"
planes should be flown in multiplayer, and I think allowing that was a bad decision.

That doesn't mean however, that we should compound that choice but piling on more mislabeled
planes.

I understand the fear of the fact that these become too many Skins.
It also happens to me in such a way if I want to select a Skin that I must look long.
A searching function at this point would be very helpful.

Even if it does not fit at this point completely on the subject - is it known somebody in which file the data (last selected skin, weapons …) are stored?
Everybody could select his preferential Skins, weapons … for every airplane once and then store this file.

With the entrance of a server with which these things are firmly put own settings are destroyed.
Now, however, one has a secure file and can use this by new start of RoF again.
Frankly, "too many skins" is the least of my concerns here. My concern is purely with
swapping "valid" (expected) faction markings on a/c for opposition markings.

As for setting preferences, sadly, there doesn't appear to be a specific file (I know about)
for that - it would be nice. Campaign missions, servers you've not previously visited, etc,
seem to set skins to defaults regardless of what you may have flown before.

The final point I want to make, before bowing out of the thread entirely is this.

Nobody is telling you that you *cannot* use those skins. What we *are* saying is that
we don't want to have them in a general skin pack for use with Mods Off mode.

By all means, use them on for your own group's activities and members, but do so in
Mods On mode - the fact that some mislabeled skins are already in the game is (imho) a
Bad Thing – adding more of them is not an improvement, and I've reflected that thought
in my "no" vote (the only "no" vote I've ever given out btw).

Simply put, mislabled a/c skins are not a good idea in a multiplayer pvp environment,
and A> I'll always vote against them, and B> I will happily shoot down any teammie
using one (Friendly Fire stats be damned in that case).

That's my personal opinion, and I'm (happily) stuck with it.

It has nothing at all to do with J99, you personally, or German (or Entente) preferences.
Central Powers a/c should have Central markings and Entente a/c should have Entente
markings, end of point and story. YMMV.

Regards,
4 :S!:

#39 Feathered_IV

Feathered_IV

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:16

Voted no, sorry. I wouldn't want such unrealistic skins on my hard drive.

#40 No.42_Flatspin

No.42_Flatspin

Posted 31 October 2013 - 13:14

I wouldn't want such unrealistic skins on my hard drive.

You all know that you can remove any skin from a release? I understand where the "no" voters are coming from, but this argument can be taken care of with about 20 seconds of your time, then all you see is the default skin.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users