- - - - -

[MOD] RoF Refined 1.033c

• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#241 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 22 December 2014 - 14:03

Could it not then be exploited so that the player just has to dive below this 'deck'? In a turn fight that degenerates altitude it would eventually happen.

Not saying not to try it out; who knows how the code edit will be interpreted. But if I had to guess it will have unwanted results.

#242 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 22 December 2014 - 14:05

Sure, you could escape out of any fight by just flying below the hard deck.

#243 Hellshade

Hellshade

Posted 22 December 2014 - 14:08

Yes, you could escape out of a fight by flying below the hard deck. Isn't that what pilots did, especially when behind their own lines? It was a way to get out alive of a fight, knowing your opponent probably wouldn't want to brave all the guns on the ground. Pretty much a standard tactic. Dive away and get low.

Of course if you are behind enemy lines, then you might have to deal with the guns on the ground when crossing the front.

#244 PaulWRoberts

PaulWRoberts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 22:50

I have an installation question. Using JSGME, I'm told that some of the mods in the compilation may be incompatible with others in the package. Can I use all of the included mods at the same time, or do some overwrite the others?

(Pardon me if this is answered already, but the thread is 25 pages long and my quick scan didn't find it.)

#245 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:35

I have an installation question. Using JSGME, I'm told that some of the mods in the compilation may be incompatible with others in the package. Can I use all of the included mods at the same time, or do some overwrite the others?

(Pardon me if this is answered already, but the thread is 25 pages long and my quick scan didn't find it.)

Check those messages that JSGME is giving you - IF (as I suspect) they are only telling you that certain folders have already been added by other mods, you can (and should) safely ignore those messages. Only if JSGME is telling you that certain specific files are conflicting do you need to worry about what might be going on.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#246 PaulWRoberts

PaulWRoberts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:58

Ah, perfect. Thank you!

It's only folder messages in the compilation.

#247 Dads1958

Dads1958

Posted 22 January 2015 - 16:20

Gavagai any news on RoF Refined 1.034?
Any plans for any new features in it?
Thanks

#248 EmerlistDavjack

EmerlistDavjack

Posted 23 January 2015 - 16:08

Hi Gav:

Playing PWCG with your AI mod on, and since the latest patch I've notices that the Albatros D3 and Dva AI can no longer make tight turns. Right now, once they reach the deck and start turning, the bank angle of their turn oscillates. This bleeds a bunch of energy and makes them really easy to shoot down.

EDIT: Ran some quick missions (because I'm playing a Camel PWCG campaign right now) and confirmed that N17s and Camels do it too. Sooo, maybe I just didn't notice this until the patch.

Also I think that suggestion to make the combat floor 1000ft is great. Using Steppenwolf's AA mod that allows AAMGs to spray at higher targets, the enemy trenches are guaranteed death below 1000ft, so it would probably save some hapless AI (who otherwise don't know any better).

#249 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 20 March 2015 - 17:38

That happens with default, too.  If we raise the combat floor then they'll do the same thing at 1000ft instead of near the ground.

#250 RoclorD

RoclorD

Posted 20 March 2015 - 19:37

Hi Gav:

Playing PWCG with your AI mod on, and since the latest patch I've notices that the Albatros D3 and Dva AI can no longer make tight turns. Right now, once they reach the deck and start turning, the bank angle of their turn oscillates. This bleeds a bunch of energy and makes them really easy to shoot down.

EDIT: Ran some quick missions (because I'm playing a Camel PWCG campaign right now) and confirmed that N17s and Camels do it too. Sooo, maybe I just didn't notice this until the patch.

Also I think that suggestion to make the combat floor 1000ft is great. Using Steppenwolf's AA mod that allows AAMGs to spray at higher targets, the enemy trenches are guaranteed death below 1000ft, so it would probably save some hapless AI (who otherwise don't know any better).

That happens with default, too.  If we raise the combat floor then they'll do the same thing at 1000ft instead of near the ground.

Ah, thank you for explanation!

Then it's definately something that the developers shoud hear about. But they would only listen to experienced, well known users, such as gavagai, Panthercules, or Pat Wilson. Or maybe they are already aware of this?

"Don't read history - make it" - Knights of the Sky

#251 GenMarkof007

GenMarkof007

Posted 14 April 2015 - 16:25

Hi gavagai,

I was wondering, do you have a list of the MOD that work's in « mod off » and those that need to be in « mod on ».

That was one of the feature I love with the OLD ROF mod section.

I'm playing a lot of mission's in PWCG, and I'm trying to play with MODs that works with « MOD off ».

Thanks

Gen

#252 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 18 April 2015 - 17:13

I'm playing a lot of mission's in PWCG, and I'm trying to play with MODs that works with « MOD off ».

Thanks

Gen

Can I ask why Mods Off?  Mods don't impact PWCG in any way.

#253 Sotka94

Sotka94

Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:04

Sorry to necro this thread, chaps, but I'm having trouble with the 1.01 a la carte version. No matter what mods I choose, they seem to conflict with each other. PWGC with this mod greys out, even submods in the same pack seem to conflict!

For example, this is the warning I get when trying to enable AI pilot mod after I've already enabled the Oil splatter mod (both from this same mod collection, so they ought to be compatible):

"Folder "data" has already been added by the "Oil Splatter (FeatheredIV)" mod."

And this when I try to enable both the AI pilot mod and the AI Gunner mod:

"Folder "data" has already been added by the "AI pilots (criquet,reflected&gavagai)" mod.
Folder "data\LuaScripts" has already been added by the "AI pilots (criquet,reflected&gavagai)" mod."

Anything I can do to fix this? Is the 1.01 a la carte dated in comparison to the 1.033 version that includes everything?

Edit: I attempted to just enable everything, and after clicking yes to a huge number of warning messages, most of the mods on the right seem to be enabled, (at least I think they are, since they are in black text) but some of them are greyed out, namely:

- AI gunners (gavagai)

- Channel map classic trees (gavagai)

- Engine skins (fubar)

- PWGC Unified ver. 2.1.2 with ROF GUI Mod (now this is the biggest thing I would miss, obviously!)

- Reduce lethality (gavagai)

Every warning message mentions almost the same thing about how this or that data folder has already been added by another mod.

Cheers,

Emmen_Thaler

#254 Genius

Genius

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:22

Sorry to necro this thread, chaps, but I'm having trouble with the 1.01 a la carte version. No matter what mods I choose, they seem to conflict with each other. PWGC with this mod greys out, even submods in the same pack seem to conflict!

For example, this is the warning I get when trying to enable AI pilot mod after I've already enabled the Oil splatter mod (both from this same mod collection, so they ought to be compatible):

"Folder "data" has already been added by the "Oil Splatter (FeatheredIV)" mod."

And this when I try to enable both the AI pilot mod and the AI Gunner mod:

"Folder "data" has already been added by the "AI pilots (criquet,reflected&gavagai)" mod.
Folder "data\LuaScripts" has already been added by the "AI pilots (criquet,reflected&gavagai)" mod."

Anything I can do to fix this? Is the 1.01 a la carte dated in comparison to the 1.033 version that includes everything?

Edit: I attempted to just enable everything, and after clicking yes to a huge number of warning messages, most of the mods on the right seem to be enabled, (at least I think they are, since they are in black text) but some of them are greyed out, namely:

- AI gunners (gavagai)

- Channel map classic trees (gavagai)

- Engine skins (fubar)

- PWGC Unified ver. 2.1.2 with ROF GUI Mod (now this is the biggest thing I would miss, obviously!)

- Reduce lethality (gavagai)

Every warning message mentions almost the same thing about how this or that data folder has already been added by another mod.

Cheers,

Emmen_Thaler

This message says only to be careful (change same folders of others mods = "grey" mods), this is not necessarily incompatible.

Bye

#255 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 25 May 2017 - 17:17

Yeah - nothing to worry about if all you are seeing is "folder" related messages. That's not an indication that there's anything conflicting or incompatible between the mods - just that they have files in the same new folders.   And nothing to worry about with the greyed out entries either - it's just JSGME's way of letting you know that a mod has been affected by a mod you activated later (even if it's only by the creation/use of a same folder).  As a general rule, before you try to de-activate a greyed out mod, you should first de-activate whichever mod(s) you installed afterwards that caused it to be greyed out - you'll notice that as you remove the later ones, the greyed out ones will eventually turn black and you can then remove them just fine.

It's only if you start seeing JSGME messages about actual files (not just folders) that you even need to worry about possible incompatibilities, and even those messages sometimes aren't really a problem - it just means that if a later-installed mod altered the same file as an earlier-installed mod, the changes made by that earlier-installed mod will be lost/overwritten.  (You'll see this fairly often if you use JSGME to install some of the skin packs, since some of the later packs contain updated versions of some skins in the earlier packs - that will generate those JSGME file-related messages but it's OK because you actually want those later skin files to overwrite/replace the earlier ones.)  Sometimes the overwritten file is just a minor part of the first mod and you won't mind it being replaced by the second mod because the changes in the second mod are more desirable to you.  Or, if you really want to keep both and don't mind a little file-tweaking yourself, sometimes the second mod did something different to that file than the first mod did, and you can manually create a hybrid version of that file that has both the changes from the first mod and the changes from the second mod in it, so you get the benefits of both mods as they relate to that specific file.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#256 Sotka94

Sotka94

Posted 25 May 2017 - 20:47

Thanks for the replies, both of you :icon_e_smile:

It's very hard to actually be sure whether or not the mods are currently active, since many of their effects seem to be subtle or situational. I do wonder why I can't get the Pilot skins and Advancing infantry mods to work, though. I've only tested in Fly Now!-mission and Quick battles, but haven't seen any differences in pilots or any troops on the ground. Nor WW1 Loading screen, come to think of it. All these mods are shown in JSGME as activated, but nothing appears to have changed  in-game.

#257 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 25 May 2017 - 21:14

Thanks for the replies, both of you :icon_e_smile:

It's very hard to actually be sure whether or not the mods are currently active, since many of their effects seem to be subtle or situational. I do wonder why I can't get the Pilot skins and Advancing infantry mods to work, though. I've only tested in Fly Now!-mission and Quick battles, but haven't seen any differences in pilots or any troops on the ground. Nor WW1 Loading screen, come to think of it. All these mods are shown in JSGME as activated, but nothing appears to have changed  in-game.

Hmm - IIRC, the WWI loading screen should be visible regardless of mission type (although some mission types may load so quickly now that there may not be much time or need to display them) - are you still seeing the old movie theater loading screen even though you have that mod enabled?  If so, I'd recommend that you de-activate that one and then use the explore function to check the specific folder structure - perhaps there's an extra layer of folders from a faulty unzipping process (that's the usual cause for a mod not working even though it's been enabled).  Same with the pilot skins - first thing would be to check and make sure the folder structure didn't get messed up when you unzipped the files.

The advancing infantry mod only works if the mission maker has incorporated it into their mission, IIRC - thus, you probably won't see it working in game-generated missions (like Fly Now and QMB, or probably even career mode) that don't know about it, but you probably will see it working in PWCG missions (if Pat used that - I'm away from my RoF PC so I can't check that now) or other missions specifically made to include that mod. 

#258 enterprise1701

enterprise1701

Posted 25 May 2017 - 21:40

Just gotta say, I gave this mod compilation a go for the hell of it and fired up my Belgian pilot career. I was assigned the typical line patrol, which can be pretty hit or miss sometimes in terms of action. Two balloons and three Eindeckers later, leaking what little fuel I had left with just enough to deadstick land on my side of the front has convinced me you have real winner here. Add in the amazing ground detail and a No Man's Land that really now lives up to its name make for the most fun I've had with ROF in many years. My thanks to everyone who helped make this mod happen, taking an already great sim and making it even better.

#259 Sotka94

Sotka94

Posted 27 May 2017 - 21:02

Still no luck, I'm afraid. I tried deleting everything except Pat Wilson's and redownloaded the mods, but no luck.

Here's the only installation path that actually makes the mods visible in JSGME:

SteamLibrary > steamapps > common > Rise of Flight 2.0 > Mods > JSGME version 2.6.0 > MODS

Edit: Finally got everything to work :) I deleted and re-installed JSGME and paid VERY careful attention to the instructions XD

#260 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 27 May 2017 - 23:00

Glad you got it sorted - when I saw that Steam stuff in your folder setup I knew I wasn't going to be able to help any (I've never used Steam for RoF), so I'm glad you figured it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users