- - - - -

[MOD] RoF Refined 1.033c

• Please log in to reply
259 replies to this topic

#201 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:09

Gav,

Here's an idea I had: Is there a value in the AI that determines how easily they can be surprised? I never seem to attack an AI unnoticed, and I already know the exact moment they would make an evasive maneuver. It would be nice to lower the novice AI's situational awareness, some surprise attacks would be nice to have.
What do you think?

#202 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 02 January 2014 - 14:27

That is already a feature for the novice AI. It will go tumbleweed at all sorts of inconvenient times.

The trouble is that if I increase the AI's target ignorance, I can't undo it. It will continue to lose contact periodically in the middle of a fight. It's just a bit of smoke and mirrors that makes the novice AI seem to have poor SA.

Try out the novice AI in the QMB. Maybe you can suggest an improvement.

#203 Adger71

Adger71

Posted 02 January 2014 - 16:25

Hi Gav…any quick way to check if my mods are working 100 % ..im using Rof refined also texture mod,pilot skins,Fubars landscape mod all in .JSGME and pats 15.3 pwcg..many thanks

#204 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 02 January 2014 - 16:32

Yes, those should all work together.

#205 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:46

That is already a feature for the novice AI. It will go tumbleweed at all sorts of inconvenient times.

The trouble is that if I increase the AI's target ignorance, I can't undo it. It will continue to lose contact periodically in the middle of a fight. It's just a bit of smoke and mirrors that makes the novice AI seem to have poor SA.

Try out the novice AI in the QMB. Maybe you can suggest an improvement.

You're right, I fought against some novice AI pilots and they didn't seem to show too much awareness of me clobbering them from behind :D

#206 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 05 January 2014 - 17:56

gavagai, does 1.0 include the new engine skins for the strutter? Fubar has included the Strutter now.
Engine skins here

Edit 1: Is this the terrain bump 2 mod in 1.0?
Edit 2: In 1.0 a la carte and all in one instal, are you missing the whole landscape mod? I only see the channel map trees mod??Did you do this because 1.0 was getting to big? You might want to note that on your first page and link the thread: New Landscape textures if so.
It is getting a little confusing again, maybe a new post in thread one explaining where we are at?
Or please just PM me if I am confused and don't know what I am talking about(could be the case) :lol: Thanks.

S!Blade<><

#207 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 05 January 2014 - 20:13

Hi Blade,

I have never included Fubar's landscape mod as part of the all-in-one JSGME folder Rise of Flight Refined 1.0. I agree that the a la carte thing makes it confusing, but I did that at Jason's request.

No, new Sopwith Strutter engine skins are not included.

Terrain bump is included in 1.0.

#208 DerAck

DerAck
  • LocationRhinebeck, NY - USA

Posted 05 January 2014 - 21:15

Greetings Herr Gavagai
I'm presently utilizing your entire RoF Refined 1.0 Mod - installed in piecemeal with
all sections activated.
We, in Jasta II, just surrendered our Alby D.Vs und Dr.Is for the D.VII so I took one
for a re-acquaintance hop in QM.
Everything went just fine re encounters with a couple of S.E.5a and a Sop Dolphin and decided
to terrorize a Caquot or two before heading East.
Have not read any recent mentions of difficulties encountered while attacking and Attempting
to torch Gas Bags - but I made Three good passes at one before it succeeded in bouncing upon
Mother Earth and self igniting - and was in the process of a fourth strafe run on the second
Bag when ran out of BBs. No Joy on either.
Minimal two passes seem to be the norm with three of some frequency since your RPM reduction,
but four is asking for a lot (unless undefended balloon site) to expect to get back Home thereafter.
Anything I should know/be aware of when using both the RPM reduction und "Lethality reduction"
Mods - or, for that matter, any known combination of Mods which significantly affect the destruction of Caquots ??
Danke

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

#209 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 05 January 2014 - 21:20

Hmmmm, I double checked the reduce lethality mod, and it seems correct. The armor setting for the balloons is halved to account for the reduced lethality of the guns. I'll give it a test and see what happens.

———-

Worked fine for me. Caquot went up in flames. Please try it again with the QMB?

#210 DerAck

DerAck
  • LocationRhinebeck, NY - USA

Posted 05 January 2014 - 22:07

Herr Gav
Thank You, good Sir - I'll do just that - shortly.
I get to too many of those Four Pass episodes, when
determination rises - - altitude lessens, BBs deplete -
will have to announce "Standby To Ram" and sound a/the
collision alarm!

The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

#211 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:45

Hi Blade,

I have never included Fubar's landscape mod as part of the all-in-one JSGME folder Rise of Flight Refined 1.0. I agree that the a la carte thing makes it confusing, but I did that at Jason's request.

No, new Sopwith Strutter engine skins are not included.

Terrain bump is included in 1.0.

Hi Gavagai,
1:In ROF_Refined_1.0, Is this Terrainbump_mod version 2? The download is found here, 3rd post up from the bottom, This is an improved and updated version from Ankors' original Terrainbump_Mod.
[MOD] Terrain bump-mapping
2.In version .21 you included Fubars_landscape mod and Ankors_bump mod as separate folders. See picture,
Adjustment to Sopwith Camel AoA limit. The AI Camel should now be able to fly and fight at high altitude with a heavier fuel load.
Included Fubar's landscape as a separate JSGME file (it is beautiful!)
Included Ankor's 3d landscape adjustments as a separate JSGME file (nice touch)
Tested with PWCG, seems to work fine with version 15.
IMHO, if you added this back to both ROF_Refined_1.0 and 1.0 a la carte it would be much less confusing and keep everything up to date.
3. This link is for the new Engine skins which include the Strutter Engine skins. It would be nice if you updated this into both 1.0 and 1.0 a la carte.
Engine skins here

Thanks for all you do in keeping ROF Refined up to date.

S!Blade<><

Attached Files

#212 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:01

Yes Blade, it is bumpmap version 2 that I included.

I'll take a look at adding fubar's new engine skin.

#213 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:43

Gavagai,

You promised to keep me up to date on how this Mod performs with every update we put out. Please tell if anything does not work or if you are going to add anything else to it. This only works if you communicate. Otherwise, I'll just take it down from ROFMODS.

Jason

#214 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 18 February 2014 - 00:50

Updated.

#215 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 19 February 2014 - 19:54

Gavagai,

You promised to keep me up to date on how this Mod performs with every update we put out. Please tell if anything does not work or if you are going to add anything else to it. This only works if you communicate. Otherwise, I'll just take it down from ROFMODS.

Jason

Hi Jason sorry to write, but why not start with yourself, old mods still on the website that are now included in the game :? , you could clear them on beforehand before posting this, so why not start with that and then point your finger. :?
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#216 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 19 February 2014 - 20:31

Thanks Gav.

I'd have preferred the bumpmap stayed as a seperate pack as I prefer not to use it because of the seam and close LOD issue.
Not a biggie though as I can strip it out

sig.png

#217 RattyB

RattyB

Posted 20 February 2014 - 19:57

I've installed this mod using JSGME, but some of the mods are grey out in the 'installed' section of the mod manager. Does this mean they aren't working?

I've included a screen print to better describe this. Attached File  jsgme.jpg   93.9KB   448 downloads

#218 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:38

No, it means they share a folder with another mod you enabled.

#219 thedudeWG

thedudeWG

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:54

Gav,
I see they are using your mods (AI gunners, reduced lethality, and rate of fire - because the Entente NEVER can get enough perks in tournaments) for Bloody April IV. I was wondering if you could summarize the AI gunners mod. Doesn't it depend largely on the AI gunner skill level? I'm still reading, but I haven't found out how the event creators are going to determine the gunner skill levels. Hopefully they will all be the same setting, but I won't hold my breath on that …

Glad to see them using the reduced lethality, though. I wish 777 would just make their damage models use your settings.

#220 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:33

Yeah, the veteran gunners are just deadly with my mod. Novice and normal are more reasonable.

Another point, I'm not sure how I would feel about my gunner mod with human pilots. I gave the AI pilots instructions not to fly inverted. With my mod the greater freedom of action could be abused.

#221 J.j.

J.j.

Posted 24 March 2014 - 18:00

G and rate of fire - because the Entente NEVER can get enough perks in tournaments) for Bloody April IV.
Hmmmm, not sure I understand correctly here. So, you're saying that Spandaus firing at 650 rpm in 1917 are historical?

#222 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 24 March 2014 - 18:18

G and rate of fire - because the Entente NEVER can get enough perks in tournaments) for Bloody April IV.
Hmmmm, not sure I understand correctly here. So, you're saying that Spandaus firing at 650 rpm in 1917 are historical?

Well, that's why they're using the rate of fire mod, I guess. The tit-for-tat can go on forever. The options for a historical scenario with Rise of Flight are very limited. Bloody April is a non-starter because of the Albatrosses, imho.

#223 thedudeWG

thedudeWG

Posted 24 March 2014 - 18:34

No, they aren't … as are a lot of things in RoF (I'm still waiting for that mod that gets my Albatros speed correct ;) ) I'm just wondering if the mission creators know just how much this mod penalizes the Central side, and did they take that into account when making plane selections and victory parameters?

I fully endorse Gav's mods and the use of them for tournament play, but I hope the mission creators fully understand what they are and how to use them in a fair and balanced way.

Another point, I'm not sure how I would feel about my gunner mod with human pilots. I gave the AI pilots instructions not to fly inverted. With my mod the greater freedom of action could be abused.

Interesting. That could become an issue. So, to follow-up - Novices and Normal gunners ARE improved (response and accuracy), just not to the same level as Veteran gunners? I wonder how RoF determines the users' gunner skill level …? Is it random? Predefined? Mission dependent?

#224 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 24 March 2014 - 20:06

AI gunner skill should be definable by the mission maker.

My estimate is that novice or normal is close to human skill in multiplayer. They are aggressive as heck, miss a bunch, and then nail you when you succumb to the illusion that they are not a threat. But, these AI will fire under g-load and with a lot of bank. So any human who wants an awesome robo gunner will be able to do some cool stunts while his AI gunner shoots.

Veteran and Ace gunners are like Captain Darling. You don't stand a chance in their field of fire. I set to pwcg to only have 5% of AI gunners be veteran.

#225 thedudeWG

thedudeWG

Posted 24 March 2014 - 20:18

Veteran and Ace gunners are like Captain Darling. You don't stand a chance in their field of fire.

:lol: Yes, I've had the pleasure to run into that guy in PWCG on several occasions.

Thanks for the info! :S!:

#226 Frankyboy

Frankyboy

Posted 19 April 2014 - 23:15

can someone give me an advice how to choose single MODs out of the alacarte version?
i have only the line "ROF_Refined_1.01_Alacarte" in my JSGME window.

#227 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:05

Move the stuff in that folder into your JSGME folder.

#228 thedudeWG

thedudeWG

Posted 02 November 2014 - 02:28

Gav,
Does this thread have the latest AI mods (porpoising AI fixes), or are you only updating them in Bucksnort's thread? I appreciate Buck's efforts, but he doesn't have your Lethality mod in his thread, and that one is a "must have" in my book. Thanks again for that! :S!:

#229 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 02 November 2014 - 02:51

Updated in just a couple minutes.

Done.

#230 1PL-Husar

1PL-Husar

Posted 03 November 2014 - 21:41

Thanks Good Man.
BTW, RoF Refined 1.01 a la carte is updated (porpoising AI fixes) like RoF Refined 1.033c ?

#231 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 03 November 2014 - 22:13

No, not yet.

#232 Albartos

Albartos

Posted 19 December 2014 - 21:48

Hello!

As this mod is quite essential for me, i wonder if there is any incompatibility with the new RoF 1.034 update!? :D

#233 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:54

I tested it out, and it seems to work fine.

How do you all feel about AI adjustments to the German scouts? I'm experimenting with hit-and-run tactics like the Spad.

I'll release a 1.034 version soon.

#234 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 20 December 2014 - 14:07

I tested it out, and it seems to work fine.

How do you all feel about AI adjustments to the German scouts? I'm experimenting with hit-and-run tactics like the Spad.

That would be awesome, Gav. :D

:S!: MJ

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#235 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 20 December 2014 - 15:18

So far I am unimpressed with the experiment. The Albatros is good now in human hands, but the AI needs a BIG airspeed differential to be marginally effective with hit-and-run tactics. With the experimental settings it was painfully easy to shoot them down with the N17, Pup, etc.

#236 Hellshade

Hellshade

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:00

Hey Gav, I remember somewhere you told me that it was hard coded into the AI that once someone got on their 6 o'clock, they would always go into a split-s to escape so there was nothing that could be done about that. Probably nothing here, but I just realized that obviously they stop doing the split-s defensive maneuver the moment they get close to the ground, so they won't crash into it.

Is it possible to fake the AI into thinking that it's always near the ground, even when it's not? At least that way they wouldn't continuously dive towards the ground the moment someone gets on their tail. Not sure if that would screw up other AI behavior, but it's just a thought.

#237 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:07

So far I am unimpressed with the experiment. The Albatros is good now in human hands, but the AI needs a BIG airspeed differential to be marginally effective with hit-and-run tactics. With the experimental settings it was painfully easy to shoot them down with the N17, Pup, etc.
Not to mention that certain aircraft, like the various Albs, would have been flown with different tactics against different opponents, i.e. B'n'Z verses Pups/Nieuports and turn fight verses SPADs.

Just saying that there may be no good AI routine to handle all contingencies, but don't let that stop you from trying.

Good to see you on VM. Was a well attended Sunday, many good fights. :S!:

#238 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:56

Is it possible to fake the AI into thinking that it's always near the ground, even when it's not? At least that way they wouldn't continuously dive towards the ground the moment someone gets on their tail. Not sure if that would screw up other AI behavior, but it's just a thought.

Possible, but they would be incapable of flying below that hard deck during combat.

#239 Hellshade

Hellshade

Posted 22 December 2014 - 13:39

Well maybe you could program the hard deck so it was at least 1,000 feet or something above the ground. I doubt very seriously that planes would drop very low to the deck often. Too dangerous with all the guns on the ground. Yes, I know Manfred bought it that way and so did a few others, but they literally broke their own rules when they did it. Maybe a high harder deck would be a bit more realistic?

#240 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 22 December 2014 - 13:45

Interesting idea! Anyone else have an opinion?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users