1) A global mod for AI gunners (5th version).
2) Further adjustments to the Fe2b AI pilot's tactics
3) AI pilot mod for the Halberstadt Cl.2
This mod makes the AI gunners more aggressive and increases their tolerance to g-forces. It also tweaks the Fe2b and Cl.2 AI pilot tactics to make better use of these improved gunners.
1) The Fe2b nose gunner fires to low at everything (Cl.2 gunner as well, possibly). This might be a global problem with AI gunners.
2) The Fe2b gunner has to cycle through all of his positions sometimes instead of just going where he needs to go (probably can't fix).
3) You might see a gunner firing from a surprising position for a split second, e.g. inverted. This is the price we pay for more active gunners.
Advice: Keep your turns very gentle to make the best use of your gunner. His accuracy is affected by your g-load and vector changes.
Newest version: Gav's mod 0.31
uploaded September 8th, 2013.
0.3 includes everything in the previous "Gunners that fight" mod, plus a bunch of revisions to 1916 aircraft to compliment the Fee. I have also included "AI pilot awareness" to balance the better piloting skills I have included for novice and average pilots (they fly better, but will sometimes lose their bearings). In addition to the correct sector limits for the DFW and Re8 gunners, I have revised the AI pilots for the following aircraft:
Spad 7 150hp
The N11 and N17 have undergone the most dramatic changes among the scouts. I found a script command that had been severely limiting their performance that was leftover from when they had paper ailerons (before fm revision). The N11 is an especially dangerous opponent if you're flying the Fokker E.III. Try it.
Another change is that I smoothed out the controls for the AI scout pilots. Some of you may have noticed their control surfaces fluttering in the past. This should happen much less frequently now, and (I hope) prevent the AI from being so hamfisted through its maneuvers.
P.S. Beware of 2 seater gunners. They are deadly!