F.E.2b of DressedWings

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Dressedwings

Dressedwings
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:01

Well, heres my personal FE2b. Bombs Away :mrgreen:

Obvious inspiration from the P40s over africa.

(also really loving this bird, well done 777!)

http://www.mediafire...on4/Fe2b_dw.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mediafire.../download/9cd1q … e2b_dw.zip

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#2 Dressedwings

Dressedwings

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:05

oops noticed the mouths were slightly misaligned

Fixed it

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#3 Cybermat47

Cybermat47
  • LocationNew South Wales, Australia

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:40

I look forward to perforating that well-done skin!
"If I could only have brought him down alive."
- Lieutenant Arthur Rhys-Davids, recalling his victory over Leutnant Werner Voss.

#4 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:53

I thought it was the P-40s over China. :mrgreen:

#5 Cybermat47

Cybermat47

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:57

I thought it was the P-40s over China. :mrgreen:
The Poms used shark-mouthed Tomahawks and Warhawks over Africa.
- Lieutenant Arthur Rhys-Davids, recalling his victory over Leutnant Werner Voss.

#6 Dressedwings

Dressedwings

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:57

ah come on Tom, even you have to know the RAF stole it from the Germans first :D

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#7 Cybermat47

Cybermat47

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:02

ah come on Tom, even you have to know the RAF stole it from the Germans first :D

I love M8+EP :D

#8 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:31

Sorry to say but it seems to me just a cheap copy/paste to the side of the plane, why not also on the front like the ME-110 here??? Come on this have to be do better!!!

That no is from me btw
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#9 Cybermat47

Cybermat47

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:38

Sorry to say but it seems to me just a cheap copy/paste to the side of the plane, why not also on the front like the ME-110 here??? Come on this have to be do better!!!

That no is from me btw
Well, the skin is for his use in multiplayer only, nobody's asking anyone else to use it. It's not like von Richtofen had to go to a committee just to ask to paint his plane red.

And it's a Bf 110 :P

#10 Dressedwings

Dressedwings

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:13

That no is from me btw

I made the image from scratch in 2 hours of work. I wanted it to be like the P40s of Africa, where there was an engine in the way.

I respect that you may want it slightly different, but don't refer to it as "cheap".

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#11 Dressedwings

Dressedwings

Posted 31 August 2013 - 14:27

The Poll system is broken, its only there to see if the majority of players are at least ok with the skin.

I like my skin. I don't expect you to have to like it Dutch, but the derogatory use of copy and paste is rather offensive. I already said I based this off an existing paint job of a P40, where the mouth didnt go all the way around because the engine was in the way.

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#12 Dressedwings

Dressedwings

Posted 31 August 2013 - 18:29

Dutch how are these?

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#13 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 31 August 2013 - 18:47

Well, you're pretty safe, Wings. People who vote in the polls will go for the most butt ugly skins you can imagine (and this is one of them, BTW).

I don't vote on or download fantasy skins, so I'll never see it. My primary objection is that the shark's teeth are a WWII symbol, not WWI. And even more specifically to the AVG Group or Flying Tigers (or Notth Africa if you prefer). It's an icon. Has nothing to do with The Great War.

#14 Dressedwings

Dressedwings

Posted 31 August 2013 - 18:50

I dont agree with that statement, because my WW1 symbol before was not even considered. Swastika or not, it was a symbol off WW1, not 2.

also

And say what about butt ugly :lol:

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#15 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 31 August 2013 - 19:32

Dutch how are these?

Haha thats my baby, now open the poll for an extra week and my no will be a yes.

Hmmm were to download this one.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#16 Dressedwings

Dressedwings

Posted 31 August 2013 - 20:36

Dutch how are these?

Haha thats my baby, now open the poll for an extra week and my no will be a yes.

Hmmm were to download this one.

why open the poll for another week?

Also I linked the DL in the OP if you really care :mrgreen:

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#17 Dressedwings

Dressedwings

Posted 01 September 2013 - 18:19

Well I'm just glad I took the critisms into consideration… I hadnt considered a mouth that would go all around the nose to be honest

:xx: :S!:

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#18 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 01 September 2013 - 18:23

See? It's butt ugly and it's still way out in front in the voting.

No worries, Wings. You're in!

#19 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 01 September 2013 - 19:17

Now you are talking about personal taste, I was talking about doing the proper job, guess that is the function of the poll. Or can I also vote no, based on personal taste :?:

#20 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 01 September 2013 - 19:49

Now you are talking about personal taste, I was talking about doing the proper job, guess that is the function of the poll. Or can I also vote no, based on personal taste :?:

I rarely vote on fantasy skins, but when I do I vote Yes for that are realistic enough that they could be the real deal and No for those that are just silly. In any case, it doesn't matter since I don't download the fantasy skins and never will see them. Just my little squeak of protest against totally unrealistic skins.

#21 Dressedwings

Dressedwings

Posted 01 September 2013 - 19:55

Tom you really think this could have never happened?

I already posted proof the germans were putting mouths on their aircraft. Would it have been impossible for a plucky FE pilot to take the idea? No I don't think so.

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#22 oneeyeddog

oneeyeddog

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:49

I vote yes.

#23 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:15

Well, I know the British did a crocodile smile on one Biff used for training (someone, I think Lou, did this skin):

Attached File  croc2.jpg   60.93KB   245 downloads

But I still think it's ugly.

And you can't go by dog. He's only got one eye. :mrgreen:

#24 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:18

Heck yeah! I love it! S! MJ

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#25 Dressedwings

Dressedwings

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:36

Thanks to all the yes'!

and Tom, thats like, your opinion man.

;)

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#26 Kalle_Grabowski

Kalle_Grabowski

Posted 02 September 2013 - 13:16

Voted yes!

#27 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 02 September 2013 - 13:22

There was also an SE5a with the croc smile.

#28 The_Welsh_Git

The_Welsh_Git

Posted 02 September 2013 - 16:45

Not sure about looking like a p40. It looks more like Glottis from Grim Fandango. Except its not orange.. Now there's an idea..

#29 RAC_Shnoze_Shmon

RAC_Shnoze_Shmon

Posted 04 September 2013 - 04:58

Voted yes.

I was thinking though that it might look better if the eyes were further apart putting them a little further back on the sides.

Clueless is the objection to a fictional skin painted like the StarShip Enterprise because it's not period specific. :roll:

Apologies to whoever flies under the handle of clueless. No intention relating this to you or associating them with you.

#30 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 07 October 2013 - 00:18

Poll concluded; thread locked.

[edit] BTW, certain posts in the Dutch2/Cybermat exchange in the thread above that strayed a bit off topic have been deleted per the request received by PM - the participants appear to have resolved any misunderstandings via PM (as it should happen).

BTW - the crocodile Bristol skin mentioned in one of the posts above was one of mine - F2BF2_No7TS_Croc.dds, which is available in Historical Skin Pack Volume 8.

Personally, I think she's a beauty :) :

(Note - for those interested in why the in-game skin checkerboard is red/white and the picture in the post above has it as black/white, check out this thread for the discussion of the evolution of this paint job over time: Bristol F2B (F.II) - RFC No.7 Training School - Crocodile )

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users