#121 Veteran66

Veteran66

Posted 31 August 2013 - 13:46

:S!:

#122 M.H

M.H

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:33

Glitch Report-
When I go against the Fe2b at 2.8 km height , that thing flies and fights just fine for a while against my Halberstad DII , but then after a while when it has dropped its bombs ( it had full bomb load ) it just dives down and down into the ground . We are the only planes in the air ( single player ) . Heavy weather ( not full overcast ) . I am positive from the videos I analysed that I failed to kill the pilot or the gunner and the engine did not stop ( it was damaged but working ) . The pilot was at average skill level .

#123 HARRYq

HARRYq

Posted 03 September 2013 - 16:54

Have had aounderfull fun and combat Action with her today…and Robert ! Wounderfull model…congrats ! Tx a lot for that early twoseater :)

#124 CNorbee

CNorbee

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:50

Great job! Thanks for that! :-)

#125 Wark0

Wark0

Posted 05 September 2013 - 14:03

The mission problem i've got is solved now

1/ Change MissionType from 701 to 0 in the .mission file
2/ Delete cache files in the main ROF directory (in data folder, mtreecache.* and ctreecache.*)

Many thanks to Viktor from ROF Team

#126 Nixou

Nixou

Posted 14 September 2013 - 16:14

Woooow!! Another English plane! Unbelievable!

We clearly had not enough!

English= 14
German= 16
French= 6

Hard to Believe that France produced, lost and destroyed the most aircrafts during WW1!

Clearly no bias in development priorities…History, who cares?

#127 shayan

shayan

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:45

Be aware that ships may sail straight through land

#128 Nine_Lives

Nine_Lives

Posted 22 November 2013 - 18:08

Woooow!! Another English plane! Unbelievable!

We clearly had not enough!

English= 14
German= 16
French= 6

Hard to Believe that France produced, lost and destroyed the most aircrafts during WW1!

Clearly no bias in development priorities…History, who cares?

Nixou,

your make a good point using numbers alone.

Firstly the 'English' Machines were not solely (or even mostly) English. They were operated by aircrews from accross the British Empire and British Dominions. This error in address is commonplace, but should be challenged in order to repect the contributions of the Scots, Welsh, Irish, Canadian, Australian, New Zealand, South African, Indian (and numerous other nations involved).

Secondly, the Entente and 'Little Entenete' combatant nations shared production of war material on a massive scale so that it was commonplace for a French pilot to fly a British designed plane, manufactured in France, fitted with a French engine, firing French bullets from a British gun via Romanian designed synchronisation gear.

Numerically, most British single-engine service types flew with either French-made Engines, French-designed engines or modified French designs. A similar intellectual and material exchange existed between the German and Austro-Hungarian Empires.

Of all the 'Strutters produced, almost 1,300 were manufactured by the British, with France building around 4,500.

It may be argued that France's 6 major service types impacted the outcome of the war in equal or greater terms than Britain's 14 types. I would not be in a position to support or dismiss any such argument, but I think it may be worth consideration.

When speaking of the profusion of British service types in the Second World War, Bill Gunston suggested it may have benefitted the British war effort if all types but the Spitfire, Mostquito and Lancaster had been cancelled. It's an interesting idea. Production type diversity doesn't neccesarily equate to operational success.

Viewed in terms of combatant blocs, The Entenete Powers have 20 aircraft to the Central Power's 16. Maybe we should just be thankful that we are not presented with these numbers too often.

All this said though (and in anticipation of a possible caustic response on the subject) I would also advocate giving our French friends more types in-game.

#129 Airspeed1974

Airspeed1974

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:29

How do i download the update?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users