- - - - -

Version 1.031 Released

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#41 Edward_Gale

Edward_Gale

Posted 27 August 2013 - 14:24

F.E.2b skin template is out.

And look at that sexy Fee in the store page!

Aaaaand, the update is out!!!!!

#42 von_Semmel

von_Semmel
  • LocationGermany / Munich

Posted 27 August 2013 - 14:33

Yaaaaay!

#43 von_Semmel

von_Semmel

Posted 27 August 2013 - 14:42

Downloaded Skinpack - got this error.

Does anybody else get this errors too?

#44 Flying_Toaster

Flying_Toaster

Posted 27 August 2013 - 14:43

Semmel, that's happened to me in the past when the download hasn't worked properly.

#45 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 27 August 2013 - 14:48

The reduced loading time to get to the login screen is *awesome!*

#46 wingchaps

wingchaps

Posted 27 August 2013 - 14:52

Just bought both the Field Mods and the Weapon Mods, so that's up! :D

Good times!

#47 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 27 August 2013 - 14:53

Yep, same for me.. this happens every time a new skin pack comes out. I usually have to wait for Panthercules to sort something out.

#48 Hooves

Hooves

Posted 27 August 2013 - 14:57

nice Dling now!!

#49 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 27 August 2013 - 14:58

Sweet! Took her for a ride :)

#50 steppenwolf_

steppenwolf_

Posted 27 August 2013 - 15:01

Load time is great. Plane looks nice. Gunner animations look pretty bad. Anyone tested gunners without AI gunner mods?

#51 PilsnerPilot

PilsnerPilot
  • LocationPilsen, Czech Republic

Posted 27 August 2013 - 15:02

For me the same problem.

#52 ER_O_v._Kessler

ER_O_v._Kessler

Posted 27 August 2013 - 15:03

at the moment the useful materials site is not available :-(

Spandau.. What else ?? :icon_mad:

#53 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 27 August 2013 - 15:10

Dude, if these ME loading times are improved, what were they before? Did Vander used to open the ME in the morning so it would be ready after dinner?

:lol:

#54 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 27 August 2013 - 15:15

Dude, if these ME loading times are improved, what were they before? Did Vander used to open the ME in the morning so it would be ready after dinner?

:lol:

Don't know, but the game loading times are fantastic!
:S!:

Future (RoF + IL-2:BoS) is bright again.
Going to buy those remaining field mods to support guys.
-done-

#55 casperpitbull

casperpitbull

Posted 27 August 2013 - 15:19

I hope someone can help with this, I've updated and at the log on screen there isn't a mouse pointer visible. I've entered the game by pressing return and still my pointer isn't visible.

With some guesswork different options highlight when I move the mouse and I can start a flight, only leaving by pressing escape.

Any ideas please?

#56 Armincles

Armincles

Posted 27 August 2013 - 15:29

For me the same problem.

Same for me, I´ll check tomorrow again got to go work now.

#57 Hvy_Cavalry_Sgt

Hvy_Cavalry_Sgt

Posted 27 August 2013 - 15:38

Thank you, 777.

#58 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 27 August 2013 - 15:46

Looks like the notorious award bug for campaigns has been left out. Again…

#59 JG1Baron_J6

JG1Baron_J6

Posted 27 August 2013 - 15:47

For me the same problem.

have the same problem too.

lZOFjj.jpg

RIKzxM.jpg

#60 Avatar

Posted 27 August 2013 - 16:06

I hope someone can help with this, I've updated and at the log on screen there isn't a mouse pointer visible. I've entered the game by pressing return and still my pointer isn't visible.

With some guesswork different options highlight when I move the mouse and I can start a flight, only leaving by pressing escape.

Any ideas please?

Had the same issue. Something got corrupt during the download. Just did a recovery and all is fine. Give it a shot.

ASUS Maximus VII, i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 970 SSC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133, Win 7 Pro, Track IR5, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, 2 MFCDs, 32" Bravia & 2 19" Syncmaster monitors

#61 von_Semmel

von_Semmel

Posted 27 August 2013 - 16:33

For me the same problem.

have the same problem too.

Ive downloaded the Skinpack 5 a times now… finally it worked :D

#62 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 27 August 2013 - 16:39

Any ideas please?

I started a separate thread on this.

My cursor works with Mods Off but disappears with Mods On.

Strange.

#63 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 27 August 2013 - 16:46

By default - it's equiped with it's acrobatic insane turret :x :lol:

I'm glad that you guys actually acknowledge the issue. I already got to see an FE2b gunner using the rear gun while the aircraft was banked about 70 degrees.

#64 Marcomies

Marcomies

Posted 27 August 2013 - 16:56

Loving the FE2b, it has been my most anticipated plane for years now! :) Thank you for adding it!

Only complaint I have about it is the lack of animation (and gunner disappearing for a moment) between swapping from forward gun position to rear gun. I believe that 'sitting idle -> rising to the rear gun' animation could be quite easily modified into gun moving animation, just imagine the Lewis in the gunners left hand during that animation.

Other than that, "switch firing point" control feels insufficient with Fee's four gun positions, would be great to have "next firing point" and "previous firing point" commands available (or even better, quick commands for all four positions).

#65 wingchaps

wingchaps

Posted 27 August 2013 - 17:00

Wow, on the one hand, I love it!!! For those of us who like the old-old birds, this one captures the flavor of the early planes excellently! I think the gunner was excellent, I flew in a group patrol that decided to attack an airfield, Eindekkers and Fees all over the place, and the gunner was moving as quickly as reasonable back and forth.

I found myself thinking "no, you oaf, shoot the guy I'm flying toward!" But I learned to try to fly toward the enemy the gunner is shooting at.

IMHO, this bird requires some care, she bleeds off speed rapidly, either in turning or climbing, in a dogfight you need to think more about keeping her in the air than turning hard to face your target.

I flew this mission with the default armament, I'm somewhat afraid of what flying her with the extra weight of the weapon mod will be like. But I think the implementation of this plane into ROF is excellent, two thumbs up from me!

#66 casperpitbull

casperpitbull

Posted 27 August 2013 - 17:20

Any ideas please?

I started a separate thread on this.

My cursor works with Mods Off but disappears with Mods On.

Strange.

Hello, I've just discovered the same. Better now, mostly!

#67 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 27 August 2013 - 17:23

Yep, same for me.. this happens every time a new skin pack comes out. I usually have to wait for Panthercules to sort something out.

Unfortunately I had to leave for work before the update was released - I'll put my usual alternate links for the skin packs up later tonight when I get home from work, for those folks having problems with the official links to the new skin packs.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#68 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 27 August 2013 - 17:26

BTW - the cursor problem several of you have mentioned above is related to using AnKor's PWCG GUI mod, which needs to be updated before it will work with the new patch version - you should disable that GUI mod until Ankor gets an updated one released.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#69 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 27 August 2013 - 17:34

Loving the FE2b, it has been my most anticipated plane for years now! :) Thank you for adding it!

Only complaint I have about it is the lack of animation (and gunner disappearing for a moment) between swapping from forward gun position to rear gun. I believe that 'sitting idle -> rising to the rear gun' animation could be quite easily modified into gun moving animation, just imagine the Lewis in the gunners left hand during that animation.

Other than that, "switch firing point" control feels insufficient with Fee's four gun positions, would be great to have "next firing point" and "previous firing point" commands available (or even better, quick commands for all four positions).

Actually, you wouldn't really want the animation to show the gunner looking like he's carrying the Lewis gun from front to back (or vice versa). In reality, that's not what he's doing - there's already supposed to be a second Lewis gun permanently affixed to the rear pole, and he's just changing positions to start firing it. Unfortunately, there's a programming limitation that prevents an AI gunner from being able to man and switch between two different gun positions, so they couldn't program it so that both the forward and rear Lewis guns would be visible at the same time (you'll see the same thing on the HP-400 and Felixstowe fuselage/waist gunner positions, for the same reason).

So, they had to program it so it was like the gunner cycling between different firing positions for the same gun, as if he were moving the gun (which is really what he is doing as between the 3 forward firing positions). Either way it's a compromise, but it wouldn't be better if it actually looked more like that's what he's doing, because in reality there's no way he would be able to muscle that thing up there and mount it on the pole while in flight in the kind of time it would take to simply change his body into position to fire the gun that is "already there".

#70 Marcomies

Marcomies

Posted 27 August 2013 - 17:45

Actually, you wouldn't really want the animation to show …

Ok thanks for the info. I hope they overcome that engine limitation at some point or make up a workaround, like a dummy-lewis model replacing the "empty" gun position. It would still be nice to have some transition animation when swapping between the guns but I guess that's part of the same engine limitation…

#71 AnKor85

AnKor85

Posted 27 August 2013 - 18:01

BTW - the cursor problem several of you have mentioned above is related to using AnKor's PWCG GUI mod, which needs to be updated before it will work with the new patch version - you should disable that GUI mod until Ankor gets an updated one released.
Yep, its PWCG GUI mod.
Get the new version here Re: ROF GUI Mod for PWCG Released to solve the problem.

Actually, my mod has a version check to prevent exactly this kind of issues, but this time devs forgot to update game version in "About" screen - it still says 1.030b and the mod cannot detect that it has become incompatible and turn itself off.

#72 Bf-110

Bf-110

Posted 27 August 2013 - 18:03

It's out…DOOOOOOWN WITH THE FE2b s!!!!!! :x

Mission builders: Be aware that ships may sail straight through land, so make sure the waypoints follow the canals or coastline.

Now,I have to see that!

#73 ER_O_v._Kessler

ER_O_v._Kessler

Posted 27 August 2013 - 19:04

skinpacks impossible to install, afte they extract i get message coul not overwrite temp/rof.setup.exe

Spandau.. What else ?? :icon_mad:

#74 sallee

sallee

Posted 27 August 2013 - 20:16

Thank you 777. But thank you once again to all the skinners who obviously put such a fantastic amount into the game. I have nothing but admiration and gratitude for people who give so much of their time and skill for the benefit of the rest of us.

#75 Endy

Endy

Posted 27 August 2013 - 20:18

I'll second sallee, thanks very much to all for the update.

#76 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 27 August 2013 - 21:00

+1

#77 Dardrago1

Dardrago1

Posted 27 August 2013 - 21:07

#78 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 27 August 2013 - 21:09

It's out…DOOOOOOWN WITH THE FE2b s!!!!!! :x

Mission builders: Be aware that ships may sail straight through land, so make sure the waypoints follow the canals or coastline.

Now,I have to see that!

Here you go.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#79 discusbob

discusbob

Posted 27 August 2013 - 21:20

I got the update but if I go to the "about" page in the game is shows I still have Ver 1.030b. I have the Fe2b and I seem to have the faster load times also but I wonder if the update installed correctly. I had a connection problem during the download.

Is there any other way to verify its been installed correctly?

#80 PB0/KGM_Foxy

PB0/KGM_Foxy

Posted 27 August 2013 - 21:35

update of 1.031 applied just fine for me but just for information in the about section of the game the version number is 1.030b instead of 1.031

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users