- - - - -

No.42_Sqn Albatross D.II Early

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 No.42_Duff4r

No.42_Duff4r

Posted 22 August 2013 - 17:27

Salute to all,

Although an Entente' squadron, we want to have the option to fly Central Powers.

This starts the submission of skins and skin pacts for all ROF CP planes.

Blue, Green, Gold and Red Flights

Download Here

Thanks for your Votes!

Regards,

No.42_Duff4r_XO

#2 Louvert

Louvert

Posted 23 August 2013 - 14:14

Yes again Duff4r, and for the same reasons I noted concerning your early variant offering.

#3 No.42_YOKE

No.42_YOKE

Posted 05 September 2013 - 20:21

~S~

Thanks to everyone for their votes !

:S!:

No.42_YOKE

#4 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 07 September 2013 - 18:12

S!

Voted yes but you might have to tone down the whites around the crosses. They look a little bright. They glow up and over the wing

sig9.png

#5 No.42_Duff4r

No.42_Duff4r

Posted 21 September 2013 - 20:41

S!

Voted yes but you might have to tone down the whites around the crosses. They look a little bright. They glow up and over the wing

Thanks! We have several of us fly the skins before posting. That did not show 'in-game'. Two of us flew it again last night and it looked fine to both of us. We have to assume this was an oddity of the suns position and 'Bloom' on. A big favor to ask but if you'd like to drop the zip file and fly the skin in Mods On Offline I would be interested in your results. I think there's a case of beer floating around that might find it's way back to you!
8-)

#6 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:32

S!

I am not a great painter. My planes are basic and are for identification at the max color distance. This is very similar to monopoly money. I do not do a great deal with alpha layer. I do just enough to tone things down.

What I an saying next would probably better from someone with more experience. Anyway, I took the Blue flight plane and gave it a look.

The conditions are acceptance standard. HD high, bloom and noon with clouds.
Some people fly with HD high and bloom to get a more realistic experience.

First image is a standard positioned acceptance photo. Same angle as for the 100x 300 jpeg. The right wing is a few degrees high. Not a big deal. The sun is on the left at about 7 or 8 o'clock. You can tell by the shadow on the lower wing and see the upper wing cut out. The white on the upper wing markings is bleeding out left and right into the color areas as well as covering the crosses. This may be glare but it looked excessive.

Second picture, same sun angle, just the camera has moved. This is mostly glare and bloom but the white is still moving over into the color areas. Notice the bottom left wing tip, glare and bloom working together.

Third picture is again the same sun, just the camera has moved to the opposite side from the first picture. The white upper markings bleed left and right as well as covering the crosses. The tail marking upper left and lower right are bleeding past the borders. The line of glare along the upper fuselage is probably more representative of expected glare.

I am not sure that you should be getting that much glare on the upper wing.

You might want to tone down both the white and the reflectivity in the alpha channel. White ends up being a gray in the painting program and looks white in the game.

Picture 4 is a toned down alpha to remove some glare. You can now see the white bleeding into the color. The bottom left wing tip still shows glare and bloom. A little more in line with expectations.

Please remember this is all coming from someone who told Picasso, that he had no imagination and should take up carpentry.

Attached Files

sig9.png

#7 No.42_YOKE

No.42_YOKE

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:41

the who;e kick in the tush for me is they are the stock markings from the template… hmmm
late now , sleep first

No.42_YOKE

#8 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:27

;)

yup, that is the kicker.

sig9.png

#9 No.42_YOKE

No.42_YOKE

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:49

i tinkered a bit this morning…it's the worst glare I could get on the surfaces…
how's this looking ?

and this is stock plane in trail

and I don't know if I said it earlier but thanks for the extra set of eyes and the assist

~S~

No.42_YOKE

#10 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 22 September 2013 - 16:06

S!

looks much better.

It is a tough balance. You want realistic glare and reflections but you do not want people going blind.

Did you adjust the whites around the crosses?

The Late marking that have the thin white outline of the crosses is also a good way to check.

sig9.png

#11 No.42_YOKE

No.42_YOKE

Posted 22 September 2013 - 16:16

adjusted the white and adjusted the alpha layer a touch.
I think I will keep these modifications and pass to Duff4r to do what he do do
~S~
thanks sir

No.42_YOKE

#12 No.42_Duff4r

No.42_Duff4r

Posted 22 September 2013 - 23:46

Panther and all,

Pictures and .ZIP file updated in the initial post/poll as per suggestions. 9/22/2013

S!

Duff4r

#13 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 06 October 2013 - 22:41

Poll concluded; thread locked.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users