Photo
- - - - -

New Landscape textures

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#81 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 17 May 2014 - 13:24

Fubar, what ever happened to these new textures for the Channel map. They look so good. Are you going to finish them and release as a New, New Landscape Texture Mod?

S!Blade<><

#82 thedudeWG

thedudeWG

Posted 19 May 2014 - 15:53

+1 - These look great. The "less-snow" Winter texture is amazing! Is that on the Chanel map? I wish 777 would just take all of Fubar's landscape textures and replace the game defaults.

#83 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 19 May 2014 - 20:01

+1 - These look great. The "less-snow" Winter texture is amazing! Is that on the Chanel map? I wish 777 would just take all of Fubar's landscape textures and replace the game defaults.

Dude, I PMed FUBAR and he assured me he is still working on this project, but real life is not allowing much time to complete this. So we will just have to keep encouraging him and hope that he has some time here and there to work on it. Those pictures he posted look real. I can't wait to Cruz or dogfight down by the Cliffs of White.;-)

S!Blade<><

#84 Fritz-Fraghof

Fritz-Fraghof

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:43

FUBAR has done amazing work on the landscape textures and his previews on the previous page look spectacular too. Thank you FUBAR.

#85 Fubar

Fubar

Posted 30 May 2014 - 20:26

Ok guys I've just uploaded the new version of this mod with all new trees and textures see the very first post :S!:

#86 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 30 May 2014 - 21:56

Great news!

#87 Blade_meister

Blade_meister

Posted 31 May 2014 - 06:42

Fubar, thanks so much for your hard work. Just downloaded and I will try them tomorrow night.Thanks again Sir. :S!:

S!Blade<><

#88 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:01

The new textures are great! It seems there are no visible seams anymore (in combination with bumpmap mod)?

I have found a small issue though: The winter fir trees are partly invisible, see attached pic.

Attached File  winter-firs.jpg   293.51KB   315 downloads

#89 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:06

…I have found a small issue though: The winter fir trees are partly invisible, see attached pic.
Just curious Vander, did you try a RoF restart, maybe even a reboot, to see if the GFX bug was resolved? I know the first time I started up in the 'Bloody April' terrain I had a texture issue around Lens on certain objects, but the next time I started it up, it was gone. Just saying…

#90 Spag

Spag
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 June 2014 - 22:17

Hello Fubar,
Brilliant, beautiful.
Thankyou.
Cheers,
Spag. :)

Bite off more than you can chew.

Then chew like Hell ! ! !

#91 Albartos

Albartos

Posted 12 June 2014 - 13:46

I don't post a lot here.
But i just have to say i really appreciate the hours of work you obviously put into this whole texturing project.
In my opinion this looks absolutely amazing. So much better.
Thank you very much, Fubar!

Regards,
Niki

#92 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 27 November 2014 - 20:59

When I use this mod, I don't have craters on the Channel map's NML. The France NML is not affected though:

Attached File  2014_11_27__20_54_42.jpg   1.29MB   198 downloads

#93 theSelf

theSelf
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:20

Hi everyone- I'm new to ROF- and thank you Fubar for creating these amazing looking textures- may I ask where the latest version of the landscape mod is as the link on the 1st post is dead- just to confirm the files on the following link is the old landscape mod and doesn't include winter textures- correct? http://riseofflight....-textures-here/  - if I can find where the download files for the most up to date version of this mod, I'd be very grateful- thanks again

#94 warbirds

warbirds

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:37

try rofmods.com

#95 theSelf

theSelf

Posted 02 June 2015 - 21:00

try rofmods.com

thank you but I don't see it listed there- just confirming is the landscape mod in the link I shared the old version? Any idea why the link is no longer working on this thread to download it directly from here? Thanks again

#96 theSelf

theSelf

Posted 02 June 2015 - 21:06

actually I think this is it with other great mod download links here- http://riseofflight....-favorite-mods/ 

#97 Fubar

Fubar

Posted 02 June 2015 - 21:25

Guys I will be posting some new textures soon with lots of new features. Hope to upload this soon.

#98 theSelf

theSelf

Posted 02 June 2015 - 21:45

Guys I will be posting some new textures soon with lots of new features. Hope to upload this soon.

Excited! Will you notify this thread or start a new thread?

#99 71st_AH_Mastiff

71st_AH_Mastiff

Posted 02 June 2015 - 22:58

will this fix the issue with PWCG spawning on ground with channel trees on Europe side. I have had to uninstall it so the trees don't plant on the aerodrome's and kill our planes.

" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back " 
Asus-z370 MH WiFi||i7x8700k.4.2GHz/H100iv2||DDR4-32GB-3300||GTX 1080-8gb|| AX1200 Corsair||Turtle Beach TAC||Win7x64pro||TrackIr 4 Pro/ir||Gladiator mki pro||MFG||X55||G15 Kybd/Mouse||32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc

#100 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy

Posted 03 June 2015 - 11:14

Thanks for continued efforts!  Always much appreciated. :icon_e_salute:

A suggestion, if not already included, for winter textures replace the river ice file with the one from Ilya Muromets, it has a lovely appearance and looks very much like cracked ice on a partially frozen river, and I know, I'm from Canada.

#101 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 03 June 2015 - 12:32

Nice! Thanks fubar.

#102 Fubar

Fubar

Posted 03 June 2015 - 21:33

Ok gents some new features are less haze on the horizon (so a clear day is a clear day)
new western front textures.
new updated textures for Summer and Autumn.
Adjusted Ankor85 ground texture mod to suite new ground textures.

Please note this new set my not be to everybody's liking and there may be some issues I have not spotted, you most likely will need to adjust your gamma setting in game because of some of the above changes and I'm not sure how this will run on slower systems (my game settings are all maxed out so it looks good to me).
heres a few pics
Summer
Attached File  summer.jpg   390.68KB   26 downloads

Autumn
Attached File  Autumn.jpg   383.77KB   11 downloads

Winter with river ice texture
Attached File  winter.jpg   547.26KB   11 downloads

New western front texture
Attached File  western front.jpg   463.17KB   14 downloads

This mod will be JSGME (Generic mod Enabler)ready. Hope to upload this soon

#103 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 03 June 2015 - 21:40

Ok gents some new features are less haze on the horizon (so a clear day is a clear day)

Looks fantastic. Looking forward to try it out! Kudos.

#104 Uwe_W.

Uwe_W.
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 03 June 2015 - 22:30

I also hope you upload it soon!

#105 theSelf

theSelf

Posted 03 June 2015 - 22:31

Please note this new set my not be to everybody's liking and there may be some issues I have not spotted, you most likely will need to adjust your gamma setting in game because of some of the above changes and I'm not sure how this will run on slower systems (my game settings are all maxed out so it looks good to me).
heres a few pics
Summer
attachicon.gifsummer.jpg

Autumn
attachicon.gifAutumn.jpg

Winter with river ice texture
attachicon.gifwinter.jpg

New western front texture
attachicon.gifwestern front.jpg

This mod will be JSGME (Generic mod Enabler)ready. Hope to upload this soon

looking great- thank you Fubar!

#106 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:48

Really looking forward to trying these out - thanks for continuing your fine work on these   :icon_e_salute:

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#107 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 04 June 2015 - 06:20

Very interesting work Fubar!

Jason

#108 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:33

Yes, they look great!  Just an observation and possible suggestion for the villages in no mans land (NML).  

Villages over unspoiled terrain have a 'substrate' texture so they don't look like they are sitting directly on fields. Do these NML villages also have a substrate, or can one be added to them?

I ask because right now the destroyed buildings look like they are floating over the 'mud' (have a look again at the enlarged view provided above...), rather than looking bombed-out, burned-out, and becoming part of the mud.  If a darker substrate of rubble and smoke-stained more rubble can be placed under them, that would really add to the effect of these former villages.

post-59670-0-46193400-1433366889_thumb.j

#109 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:41

Looks great Fubar!
I'm not sure about reduction of haze. We tend to add haze/fog so the " shimmering" in the distance isn't so bad.

#110 Fansadox

Fansadox
  • LocationCockpit

Posted 04 June 2015 - 14:39

Wow that looks beautifull !

#111 Fansadox

Fansadox
  • LocationCockpit

Posted 06 June 2015 - 18:39

Do you have an ETA when your done soits ready for the public?

#112 WW1EAF_Paf

WW1EAF_Paf
  • Tester

Posted 06 June 2015 - 19:45

Yes, they look great!  Just an observation and possible suggestion for the villages in no mans land (NML).  

Villages over unspoiled terrain have a 'substrate' texture so they don't look like they are sitting directly on fields. Do these NML villages also have a substrate, or can one be added to them?

I ask because right now the destroyed buildings look like they are floating over the 'mud' (have a look again at the enlarged view provided above...), rather than looking bombed-out, burned-out, and becoming part of the mud.  If a darker substrate of rubble and smoke-stained more rubble can be placed under them, that would really add to the effect of these former villages.

They can have a substrate texture of course. But it gets covered by the NML-texturelayer.

But with ankors bumpmap you can see the contours of the fields through the NML-texture. So you would also see the contours of the substrate-texture.

Another way is to reduce the opacity of nomansland-layer via the maskfiles.

#113 Fubar

Fubar

Posted 06 June 2015 - 20:08

SYN_Bandy no the Villages over no mans land don't have a substrate like the villages in the green fields so I can't do much about that.

Looks great Fubar!
I'm not sure about reduction of haze. We tend to add haze/fog so the " shimmering" in the distance isn't so bad.

I get that SYN_Vander that's why this may not be to everyone's liking (If you have a problem with shimmering then this may not be for you).

Ok guys I've had this on my system for about two mouths now, I haven't had much time lately so I thought I would upload it now.
Theres bound to be some issues with this because I've fiddled around with lots of things but it works well on my system.
Hope you get some enjoyment out of this. Don't forget this mod is setup for JSGME (Generic mod Enabler).

Download here http://www.mediafire...capemod new.zip

#114 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 07 June 2015 - 04:52

Hey Fubar - just tried these out, and first impression is that they look pretty amazing.  I probably need to drop my saturation a little bit, and I may drop my shader quality from max to high and try again, but they looked very interesting on my first mission with them.  The sense of being able to see a fairly long way (I guess as a result of the reduced haze) was intriguing. I wasn't getting any noticeable shimmering out on the horizon, but I did see some shimmering/flickering or something on some of the field textures closer to my plane (kinda like a moiré pattern effect, probably from the plowed lines or something).  Wasn't running my FPS counter but I didn't notice any apparent performance hit with them (I'll try to remember to turn that on for the next tests).

Thanks for making these available.   :icon_e_salute:

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#115 Fansadox

Fansadox
  • LocationCockpit

Posted 07 June 2015 - 10:53

Thanks will try this out today.

#116 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 07 June 2015 - 16:32

First trials on summer maps:

PROS:

Immersion fator. Absolutely gorgeous above 500m.

Didn't fly the winter maps yet, but got zero shimmering in summer maps either near or far, and I can confirm that it is easy to spot planes.

CONS:

Lost the "war smoke/brown haze" above NML, the air is perfectly clean. Maybe adding "Battlesmoke and Effects Textures for 1.031b" may cure this?

Small hit in fps when on the ground or near (noticeable when turning head using TrackIR). - Mind this was with everything on max (GTX660 2Gb).

Wonder if adding  Wildflower mod from Happyhaddock will break something. Guess I'll have to try and see.

In short: it's a keeper! Kudos!

#117 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 07 June 2015 - 16:52

CONS:

Lost the "war smoke/brown haze" above NML, the air is perfectly clean. Maybe adding "Battlesmoke and Effects Textures for 1.031b" may cure this?

I noticed the lack of smoke/haze over NML, but I have the Battlesmoke mod you mentioned activated on mine, and I figured that mod may be the reason for the lack of the smoke/haze.  (I originally added that mod because I have never been able to get rid of the "lines in the smoke" problem I experienced without the mod, and it seemed to work by getting rid of most if not all of that smoke/haze effect over NML).

BTW - I tried activating the wildflower mod and JSGME reported a lot of overlapping/overwritten files, so I didn't try actually activating both together.

#118 Fansadox

Fansadox
  • LocationCockpit

Posted 07 June 2015 - 18:51

I absolute love the new textures.

TzH36U0.jpg

But now i show 2 pictures where there is a big problem visible ! On a clouded day and you fly you can see this effect in the distance.

WBhCwzV.jpg

wd6zEbU.jpg

The clouds just seem to disappear behind an invisble line on the horizon..

Maybe you can fix this and the mod would be perfect !!!

These are my settings :

i270Zr0.jpg

#119 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 08 June 2015 - 00:43

Hmm - my test mission was only slightly cloudy, so I didn't notice that nasty effect noted above - I'll have to go in with some heavier clouds and see if it's replicated on my rig.  That would be a bummer because the textures really did look nice on my first test.

#120 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 08 June 2015 - 00:58

Removed all mods and added them again - NML fog is back. It seems all clear from above, but as soon as you fly low level you can see the "brown smoke" again.

I added the mods one by one to see if I could locate the one that was "removing" the NML fog before, but couldn't find. Maybe it was something else.

Anyway, here is my mod list, in the same order that it is applied now. There are two mods that overwrite some files - specially the Enhanced sky v3.0a by Happyhaddock - but I couldn't find anything wrong after adding it.

Another mod that I added (and am currently flying without) was WIldflower mod (Happyhaddock). Couldn't find any adverse effects using it too, althouth it also overwrote some files from Fubar's new textures.

New Landscape Mod FUBAR

Duel package v2

High resolution texture package #1 by SYN_Vander

Plane Icon mod by vonOben

AI Pilots (Criquet reflected Gavagai)

Engine Skins by FUBAR

Avimimus Gunner AI and Positions v1.032

Flak and Artillery mod

Instrument and Misc Fixes by JJ

Pilot Skins by Elephant

Ships Package #1 v2 by SYN_Vander & SYN_Bandy

Ground objects #1 v1.0

Soldiers #1 v1.0

Static Objects #1 v1.0

Static Planes v4.0 by Lefuneste

Vehicles #1 v1.0

Enhanced sky v3.0a - small clouds (Happyhaddock)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users