Very good chaps - you will love them.

#43 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:29

They have arrived :) Gonna try them out now :D

#44 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 16 November 2013 - 13:08

Alright :D one little thing, I guess I should send milan an email but maybe one of you is faster: when I move the pedals I sort of "feel" the stress of the spring extending, especially when I move them all the way I get this little vibration from the spring. Any advice? Currently it is on the inner notch and the lowest-possible tension.

Apart from that, they are indeed brilliant - was never able to aim the N17 so smoothly as just now, and I am totally out of practice too :)

edit: probably have to apply a bit more tension to the springs to lessen that "feeling". Pretty awesome pedals though :)

#45 meanstreak-2

meanstreak-2

Posted 16 November 2013 - 14:56

ImPeRaToR… and all other users - about spring tension and stuff..

Pedals itself were designed so user can hook up various springs

- using the stock spring you cannot loosen the adjustment knob completely…becouse spring will be completely loose in center !
- Pedals from S/N 0014 onwards have a new spring hook screw which makes it a little bit different between new and old. With the new spring hooking screw…the screw itself must pass on the back side of the adjustment knob…just slightly pass it…that's the minimum tension . It also depend if you are using inner or outer CAM arm position ( only a little).

It's self explained I think…when you move your pedals from left to right and you hear spring producing some noise in the middle…that means spring is too loose and it contracts completely ( spring circles clap among themselves) - which shouldn't happen.

#46 Tiger27

Tiger27

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:04

Unfortunately my credit with the wife for fs equipment is all used up for this year, so I cant afford these just yet, but they will be on my shopping list as soon as the credit is re-extended, apparently I'm sub prime or something like that?

While waiting I ordered a Bodnar usb board after reading some of the posts by Peter_Zvan and I must say that has made a huge improvement to the Simpeds, I get about 1700 positions although I think that I can improve that with some better soldering, still the Crosswinds look so nice that I must have a set soon.

Great to see individuals are now bringing equipment to the market, the advent of 3d printers and CNC machines should mean there will be more of this available in the future, I can't wait.

#47 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:48

Hey Tiger, they are well worth the money.

There already is a kickstarter for a new FFB choke, perhaps we will see new FFB sticks soon as well - maybe even a version for left-handed people :D

It is all working perfectly now btw, thanks again milan :)

#48 N28_Uberplane

N28_Uberplane

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:10

Yes, I recirved mine in the previous week and could feel its performance boosting effects immediately! These are well worth the money for anyone who's on the fence as to buying them or not.

Thanks, Milan!

=IRFC=

#49 Blacksky

Blacksky

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:50

I received mine several days ago–and i just love them!
I had the Simpeds for some years, but they dont work anymore so i stopped playing flightsims as they arent available anymore.
Unpacked the Crosswind, 5mins to assemble and off i went…the Simpeds are very good, but the crosswind are again a good deal better.
If you have the money (they dont come cheao) go for them–best hardwarebuy i made the last years.

#50 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 18 December 2013 - 15:50

How loud are they when working? My CH Pro pedals were supposed to last me a lifetime, but with neighbours complaining on night scratching noises that may be caused by pedals at work, I may have to upgrade them to something silent :(.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#51 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 18 December 2013 - 16:14

They make no noises,except for the Spring sometimes. But you hardly can hear it and only when you listen for it.

Dann gibt's Heulen und Zähne klammern, für das ganze Lumpenpack.
Dann ist Schluss mit "Tischlein deck' dich", da gibt's "Knüppel aus dem Sack"!

#52 meanstreak-2

meanstreak-2

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:40

I've just added more info to my SimHQ development thread, upgrades,firmware upgrades and software, extra cost options, future development announcments…

http://simhq.com/for...pics/3782056/18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://simhq.com/for...pics/3782056/18

#53 meanstreak-2

meanstreak-2

Posted 19 March 2014 - 16:04

Hi all
I've published new video on youtube if anyone is intrested
It cover unpacking, assembly and calibration ( calibration at 6:50) . Old videos were a bit long and calibration was more directed to old customers and upgrade proces , so it was complicated and confusing for new customers.

https://www.youtube....h?v=pX2cPKJ6yeo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">

#54 redcoat22

redcoat22

Posted 03 April 2014 - 22:59

Ordered and awaiting!

#55 meanstreak-2

meanstreak-2

Posted 24 March 2015 - 16:52

Hi All

To ressurect this old post which I like :-)

I've updated MFG website. There is a comprehensive newsletter and ONLINE ORDER FORM if someone is intrested

New price and shipping prices, very temptive for US folks out there due to new price and current USD/EUR conversion rate.

#56 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 24 March 2015 - 17:49

Hello Milan,

It's great to see that your product has become so popular and successful.  My Pedals are still going like on day one after more than 1 1/2 years of heavy use...mine are one of the first ever sold, Serial # 003. I'm sure the newer productions have been improved in some aspects which makes them even better ,if that is possible at all.

I love my Pedals and can only highly recommend them to anyone.

Dann gibt's Heulen und Zähne klammern, für das ganze Lumpenpack.
Dann ist Schluss mit "Tischlein deck' dich", da gibt's "Knüppel aus dem Sack"!

#57 meanstreak-2

meanstreak-2

Posted 07 April 2015 - 21:01

Thanks Pirato. I remember you of course...I guess I'll always remember my first customers :-) There's always some way to make improvement and of course I improved pedals. Mostly details but better braking cables and electronics with new Melexis sensor is not just a detail. Now I'll be working on Combat style footrests and experiment with few more CAM profiles...then...we'll see what next :-)

#58 J5_Vorlander

J5_Vorlander

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:56

Hello Milan,
It's great to see that your product has become so popular and successful. My Pedals are still going like on day one after more than 1 1/2 years of heavy use...mine are one of the first ever sold, Serial # 003. I'm sure the newer productions have been improved in some aspects which makes them even better ,if that is possible at all.
I love my Pedals and can only highly recommend them to anyone.

+1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users