• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Shy_Guy

Shy_Guy

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:25

Hello everybody !!!!
Read before, thank you very much
1- Remember this section is Paint Schemes "For Fun"
2- This skin does not contain sexual material, racism, violence, etc…
3- If you do not like, you will not use it, think of others.
4- Do not post if you have a bad day or you're going to talk about stupid things.
5- If you don`t know me, don`t judge me.
6- If you talk about my skin welcome !!!
7- Do not put your post here if you talk about another topic
8- Judge for yourself.

Thanks for visiting

Download link:
www.mediafire.com/download/drjfr7w8vjp9dzv/RE8_Playmobil.zip
Enjoy it.

#2 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:37

Its a fun idea. But this skin will still be available for multiplayer, even if its just for fun, and it doesnt belong there I think. So I vote no. Italso has he problem that the prop does not have the same colour standing still as it does when spinning.

I think skins like his are great for mods on mode. No need for hem to be includes in one of the community skinpacks.

#3 Pierrepoint

Pierrepoint

Posted 03 July 2013 - 13:51

Its a fun idea. But this skin will still be available for multiplayer, even if its just for fun, and it doesnt belong there I think. So I vote no. Italso has he problem that the prop does not have the same colour standing still as it does when spinning.

I think skins like his are great for mods on mode. No need for hem to be includes in one of the community skinpacks.

Have to agree with Jorri on this one, nice skin pack, but don't think it belongs in either skin pack.

#4 10ps

10ps

Posted 03 July 2013 - 13:51

Exactly.

#5 DidNotFinish

DidNotFinish

Posted 03 July 2013 - 14:40

No for the following reasons;

- It doesn't show national markings on the wings or fuselage.
- It has a potentially confusing modern German flag on the tail.

This one isn't a deal breaker, but the green seems too pastel. Even the toy that you've based it off of seems a little darker in color.

#6 N28_Uberplane

N28_Uberplane

Posted 03 July 2013 - 15:00

No. Apart from the obvious fact that it is a toy, the colors are too bright and saturated.

=IRFC=

#7 dinglehoffer

dinglehoffer

Posted 03 July 2013 - 15:04

Yes!

#8 Zeppcomander

Zeppcomander

Posted 03 July 2013 - 15:11

Ugh I HATE playmobil! All my siblings have tons of the stuff and I’m always stepping on it!

Ouch! :xx: ;)

It’s a nice skin though. Kind of like it.

Makes the R.E.8 look like some sort of mail plane. :)

Voted yes. :S!:

#9 NewGuy_

NewGuy_

Posted 03 July 2013 - 15:39

Earlier today, I voted yes for this adorable skin. By the way, one of the persons supporting this skin forgot to vote yes, because there are only two yes votes and based on the claims of yes, there should be at least three yes votes, by now.

:S!: MJ

P.S. Before voting no, just remember that you do not have to download Shyguy's skin. It is an optional skin, even if it makes it into mods off multiplayer, not a mandatory skin. If you do not download it, when you encounter Shyguy and he is using this skin in multiplayer, you will see the default skin, not the skin pictured above. So, you can vote yes and Shyguy can enjoy his skin in mods off multiplayer, without you having to see his skin in mods off multiplayer, a win- win for both sides of the issue.

Something something SPAD. Something something then dive away. 

#10 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 03 July 2013 - 16:19

Fun idea. The whites look a bit too bright/glowy - might want to tone them down a bit.

Of course, with Laser's great skin management tool folks could always delete this skin from their installation, so they never have to see it, but I understand the point folks are raising about the confusion arising from the national markings.

One suggestion that might help reduce that concern - since this is such a fictional/toy skin anyway, why not put it on a Halberstadt CL.II instead of an R.E.8 ? You'd still get the same 2-seater effect like the toy but on a German plane where the markings wouldn't be quite so out of place. I think it would be a better fit on that aircraft.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#11 B24_LIBERATOR

B24_LIBERATOR
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 03 July 2013 - 16:33

Liberator's Tutorials: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=438268482

#12 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 03 July 2013 - 16:54

Oh, you might want to consider turning off bloom next time you make screenshots. It really messes with the lighter colours and oversaturates them.

#13 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:37

Would like to know if this kind of skin with 5 yes and 17 no, will finally be entering the fictional pack, when it is closed by Panthercules.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#14 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:54

I would say no.

It had more no votes, so I'd hope it would be considered as a no inclusion. Otherwise what would the point of the polls be.

sig.png

#15 Dr.Zebra

Dr.Zebra

Posted 02 March 2014 - 14:24

Awesome! I had that toy as a kid, I guess it must be around my cousins kids now, having been converted into a monoplane by me with about 10years, trying out the saw I got for christmas..

I don´t really know about skincreation, but I think you should try to mess a bit with the alpha channel to get the wings reflection sightly down, everything else is great, I like the greentone. Maybe the german flag on the tail is a bit too large.. but overall a real beauty and a great idea. (Even though I understand why many here don´t want to see it fighting against a hello kitty one ;=) ..but hey, I simply delete the atrocious skins on my end and pronto, default shows up online..)

I wonder if someone could make me some Osas Ark style zebra skins or a Fokker DVIII like the good old Do27 D-ENTE

Attached Files

#16 josef_baran

josef_baran

Posted 02 March 2014 - 16:45

panther what is laser's skin management tool? more info please

shy_guy - nice screen shots !

#17 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 02 March 2014 - 23:50

panther what is laser's skin management tool? more info please

shy_guy - nice screen shots !

Odd place for this post, but you can read more about Laser's awesome skin management tool here:

Beta Skin Manager for Rise of Flight (beta04)

Also, see Q&A #7 here:

Skin Pack FAQ - Helpful Info About Installing Skin Packs

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#18 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 02 March 2014 - 23:53

Realized I forgot to lock this one a while ago.

If OP wants to try this fanciful theme again on one of the German 2-seaters, I suspect it might get a more favorable reaction and make it into a skin pack at some point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users