Photo
- - - - -

Skin-Sharing-Tool

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#41 beaverhunter

beaverhunter

Posted 06 November 2009 - 18:20

I installed the skin tool its very cool the only skin that gives me trouble is the skeleton on the alb. all else works fine.Being a noob lol can some1 show me how to creat skins this is way cool i get lots of screen shots n wanna try my hand at creating ,any help would be apreciated.
ROF rules n this tool is cool lol. :twisted:

#42 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 07 November 2009 - 14:39

Masaq"]
Tried it last night and it works brilliantly!

Pity you have to take every skin that's up there (I could do without Dart's Silly Kitty logo) but there's no requirement you actually use them all.

A major step forward!

HT

….sure you want that one! You want to be able to SEE his kitty when he flies it, to give you something to shoot at….right? :shock: :lol:

But that's right, it doesn't mean you have to use the skin.

Exactly - the whole point of the tool is that it synchronises the list across all clients and makes those skins safe to use online if your opponents are also using the tool.

Anyways, what's wrong with Hello Kitty? It could be argued that I have no more right to fly McCudden's SE5 or MvR's D.III than I have to wear their uniforms. Historical skins are lovely from a realism point of view but for some, they'll always feel uneasy masquerading as an identifiable historical figure from behind their safe, warm, PC screen :)

Besides, humorous skins are a gentle reminder to people to not take themselves too seriously ingame :)

I never liked using historical skins for that reason either so I made lots of pseudorealistic skins for myself to use in il2. This tool is a great idea and I am uploading my Dr.I skin atm :)

@masaq: is it allowed to use custom skins on the T&T server if they are uploaded to the sharing tool?

#43 von_Fuchs

von_Fuchs

Posted 07 November 2009 - 21:11

Afaik the T&T server is supported by SST.

#44 Papa_K

Papa_K

Posted 07 November 2009 - 22:40

I can see this growing very large over time. It might eventually be good to split up skins into categories that can be selectively loaded/unloaded… if that's possible.

Excellent tool longarth!

#45 longarth

longarth

Posted 08 November 2009 - 03:00

I can see this growing very large over time. It might eventually be good to split up skins into categories that can be selectively loaded/unloaded… if that's possible.

Excellent tool longarth!

Salute!

With the next patch 1.0.0.9 i can make this. Than Skins that not downloaded no longer white. But after the patch i need few days for the solution.

Longarth

#46 O_Smiladon

O_Smiladon

Posted 10 November 2009 - 03:26

Salute All.

I have this skin sharing tool very cool and an easy way to get the new skins in the Sim.

My question is. 1) are all the skins getting posted in the forums ending up on the skin sharing tool?

2 ) how often do I need to update the tool ? once a week ?

3) When new patch come up 1009 will the tool be needed? or will it still be a place that everyone can put a skin, that they have down for people to use.

Regards

RAF_Smiladon

#47 longarth

longarth

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:07

Salute All.

I have this skin sharing tool very cool and an easy way to get the new skins in the Sim.

My question is. 1) are all the skins getting posted in the forums ending up on the skin sharing tool?

3) When new patch come up 1009 will the tool be needed? or will it still be a place that everyone can put a skin, that they have down for people to use.

Regards

RAF_Smiladon

Salute!

1. Do it for every start of rof. then you are on the right side.
2. I dont know. I understand the message from neoqb as a information for managing and the showing of the costume skins without sharing.

Greetings
Longarth

#48 winger2

winger2

Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:14

Salute All.

Regards

RAF_Smiladon

Skinsharingtool will remain THE application for Sharing your skins. All people that are using SST will be able to see/use all customskins in its database. This will not be changed with Patch 1009.
The only thing regarding skins the 1009 update will change is that you wont any longer see custom skins as "white ghosts". Instead you will see some default skin. This is good for SST users because you wont have to worry anymore about others seeing you white while using your favorite skins or while flying as a squad with all your mates using their personalized skins.

Winger

#49 J5_Rumey

J5_Rumey

Posted 12 November 2009 - 19:51

S!

Put a buch of the d3 skins i made on skin sharing tool. Hope they are ok. Also if something wrong with any of the skins please let me know( also older skins I have uploaded).

#50 longarth

longarth

Posted 13 November 2009 - 07:17

S!

Put a buch of the d3 skins i made on skin sharing tool. Hope they are ok. Also if something wrong with any of the skins please let me know( also older skins I have uploaded).

Salute!

your skins are OK. When you upload, then check the system automaticly of the right format and the header (DDS, DXT5 and so on).

Since a few hours we have a big update of the tool. Now the costum skins cutted from the in game standard skins. When u start the skin tool and click on "RoF Start" the tool doing the sync and starts rof. in this moment all skins mapped to the skin tool. When you close the tool and starts rof seperat, than all your settings and (private) skins avaible. Your own skins an costum folder structure are no touched and not avaible by using the tool.

On the other side. All skins must be now new downloaded. Thats the price for the new better solution.

Greetings
Longarth

#51 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 17 November 2009 - 14:42

It would be nice if there was an option to copy the skins into the correct folder so one does not have to keep the sst running, I much prefered the old method.

#52 longarth

longarth

Posted 17 November 2009 - 15:30

Salute!

yes i can do this. the function is not the problem.

i see a danger by mixed using of skins for stability of RoF and the danger of overwriting existing costum skins with the same name. i hope you understand what i mean.

I can tell you my idea:

i put a option in the sst to export the skins to a folder of your choose. then you can make what you want with this skins. BUT it notes please that all skins are subject to the natural license-right of the creators! Dont change and distribute skins from the sst without asking the creators. A copyright file are in the export. The export inherit the right folder structure.

the option comes with one of the next updates next week.

i hope thats idea is a solution for you

Longarth

#53 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 17 November 2009 - 16:29

Sure, if you have them put into the correct folder I can just copy them over and overwrite the old ones. I did this manually already but since the skins from the SST (as you know :p) are now saved without the folders it is a bit tiresome ;) Of course I am not going to modify any but the stock skins.

edit: maybe you could make it check the old skin folders and only download new or updated ones so I don't need to keep two copies of each skin

edit2: we can also continue this discussion in german if you like ;)

#54 J2_squid

J2_squid

Posted 25 November 2009 - 19:13

Thanks for the tool, I have a problem however. How do I get the non-custom skins back? All I can select now is custom skins. I really dont want to lose the ROF ones.

Ok sorry bout that, they have returned now im not running the tool. Is there anyway to have the tool enable both custom/non custom at the same time?

#55 longarth

longarth

Posted 27 November 2009 - 06:57

Thanks for the tool, I have a problem however. How do I get the non-custom skins back? All I can select now is custom skins. I really dont want to lose the ROF ones.

Ok sorry bout that, they have returned now im not running the tool. Is there anyway to have the tool enable both custom/non custom at the same time?

Salute!

Yes AND No. With the solution (please see my post to imperator) i give you the option to download the skins in your game in a folder of your choose. You can then fly with all skins (costum and standard) without the tool. But when the tool runs, then only the costum skins avaible. Thats now the working progress.

BUT i watch out after the patch 1.0.0.9. I think there are many changes. I work in the week after the patch on the SST again. I see what can do. Your will inquire from me considered.

Longarth

#56 Fred187

Fred187

Posted 03 December 2009 - 03:02

Will the developers be adding integrated custom skin sharing? That would be sweet…

#57 von_Fuchs

von_Fuchs

Posted 03 December 2009 - 07:19

I am sure they work on it and will add in future such feature. The devs know that painted planes are an important component of a WW1 flightsimulation. It is simply a nice and colorful part of the "roleplay" we also have in this sim.

#58 Zoltann

Zoltann

Posted 03 December 2009 - 23:29

Ok so I think I got it,

Start ROF via skin manager, be able to fly online in all glory among other SST users.
Start ROF normally and get the defaults back.

Hang on, where have the skins I downloaded (J5 jasta 11 pack ect)and inserted in the skin folder before myself gone??? :o

Any help appreciated….

#59 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 04 December 2009 - 07:59

I believe they are beeing moved out of the skin folder when you launch rof via SST which makes kinda sense actually, this way people won't accidentally use skins that aren't part of the SST. Then again it should be quite obvious only to chose skins that start with a number prefix like "64-" ;)

#60 Zoltann

Zoltann

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:25

Yes Imperator,

Thats the idea I have too. However any manually added skins are gone, even when starting the game without SST. After starting normally you are back to the default ROF skins only.

I had many community skins already installed before and I cannot find those anymore… :?

Maybe they were put in some other folder but my searches led to nothing.

Thanks for reply, Zoltann.

Darn, I just downloaded and inserted the community skins again. They do NOT show up as selectable in the game!
DDS skin files inserted in:
ROF main/data/graphics/skins/then diverse aircraft folders like albatrosd3, se5a ect.

What am I missing? It all worked fine before SST!

Any help appreciated :D

NB am using 1.009 version

Solution: enable mods before starting. New feature for 1.009 :oops:

:lol: all skins selectable again…Apologies to the SST crew!

Stil dont know where community download skins go after activation of SST, or where to
find them after deselecting SST… :?:

#61 Zoltann

Zoltann

Posted 08 December 2009 - 19:59

Longarth,

Could you please enlighten me on the location of the customs skins after activation of SST?
After an update I "lost" them again. Unzipping and reinstalling all over again may not be necessary… :?:

Where can I find the manually inserted community skins?

Thanks, Zoll

Edit: did some researching and after starting the game without the tool the skins should be back. Not with me.
I will uninstall the SST and manually install all skins back once more. :x
At least iI have things in my own hand then.
I do not recommend the tool unless you are absolutely sure of what it does.
See:

http://www.rof-tools...ts/Default.aspx">http://www.rof-tools...Forum/tabid/61/ … fault.aspx

#62 von_Fuchs

von_Fuchs

Posted 08 December 2009 - 23:34

Dear Zoltann,

I had just a talk with the developer of SST, Longarth.
My first question is: To where you put your manually downloaded skins. Especially I want to know is the path like this: "Rise of Flight\data\graphics\skins\<airplane>" or like this "Rise of Flight\data\graphics\skins\sst\<airplane>". If the path is like the second one then there is the problem. Please take care that you restore the airplane folders directly under "skins" and do not use the airplane directories in "skins\sst".

Now you surely ask why your airplane folders you already had simply disappeared. Maybe you can remember at the installation/update of SST that it asked you to make a "clean up" before. You surely hit "OK". When clicking "OK" SST cleans up the whole skin directory - so the skin folders. This clean up function was a result of cleaning up the rests of earlier SST versions (SST worked in early versions different, as it now works) to ensure a proper installation of SST.
Anyway Longarth and I find this function is outdated and leads too often to misunderstandings. Longarth just put a new version of SST online, which will not ask anymore for the "clean up". So in future noone should lose his skin folders anymore.

We are sorry for any possible inconvenience.

To sum it up.
Simply restore your airplane folders directly under "skins" and fill them with your skins. Do not put anything into "skins/sst", because this will erased by SST, as this folder belongs to SST.
And give SST another try please.
Please ensure that you checked "Mod Mode On" for seeing any custom skins … :)

SALUTE!

P.S.: The skins which come with SST you can find here: "Rise of Flight\data\graphics\textures\sst".

#63 Zoltann

Zoltann

Posted 09 December 2009 - 08:00

Jawohl herr von Fuchs,

Copied all u said. The mistake was in the "cleanup" feature during install.
I found that to be "counter-intuitive" if I might say. Good that u disabled it.

Thanks for answering, will give it another go 8-)

Hals und Beinbruch! :mrgreen:

Zoll

#64 von_Fuchs

von_Fuchs

Posted 09 December 2009 - 16:10

:o Are you german or do you speak german? ;)

#65 Zoltann

Zoltann

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:05

Servus,

Bin Holländer. Aber seitdem ich in Österreich wohn, auch nicht sooo richtig mehr.
Europäer vielleicht… :lol:

#66 vonKinderei

vonKinderei

Posted 11 December 2009 - 15:28

I had trouble with this SST program before the new patch but I got that worked out and everything was workin' fine … NOW since I D/L'd the new patch … the skins are there and show up in the hanger but when ya select one it doesn't show up … all the skin files show up for selection but none will work …

If I start the sim normally without the SST the default skins work fine … and yes I do have the MOD button selected

Any ideas … :?:

vK ~

#67 vonKinderei

vonKinderei

Posted 30 December 2009 - 15:31

Anybody … :shock:

Am I the only one that the skins do not work in the sim for :?:

vK ~

#68 Ghostmooner

Ghostmooner

Posted 10 January 2010 - 16:41

I have no idea who to use this thing, and its all in german, can anyone help??

#69 Nova...

Nova...

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:08

I had trouble with this SST program before the new patch but I got that worked out and everything was workin' fine … NOW since I D/L'd the new patch … the skins are there and show up in the hanger but when ya select one it doesn't show up … all the skin files show up for selection but none will work …

If I start the sim normally without the SST the default skins work fine … and yes I do have the MOD button selected

Any ideas … :?:

vK ~

I have experienced this same issue. I see custom skins in the list, I click on one and the image does not chenge to the new skin.

Also my custom skins do not seem to upload.

Nova…

#70 Nova...

Nova...

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:17

Hello again,

I have gathered some more detail regarding my dilemma, I hope this helps.

In ROF I have MODS turned on.

I painted one skin for each plane in ROF using these templates:
http://riseofflight....emplates#p62322">viewtopic.php?f=49&t=6055&p=62322&hilit=skin+templates#p62322

I put them in their respective folders in C:\Games\Rise\data\graphics\skins following the established hierarchal sorting and naming convention so that I may select my own skin in the hangar as established here:
http://riseofflight....hp?f=112&t=4688">viewtopic.php?f=112&t=4688

I have a copy of the aircraft within their own seperate folders in my C:\Games\Rise\data\graphics\planes folder so that they all show up automatically in the hangar when I change aircraft by default as explained here:
http://riseofflight....hp?f=112&t=4688">viewtopic.php?f=112&t=4688

I can see and fly every one of my skins which also load by default as demonstrated here:
http://riseofflight....hp?f=112&t=6992">viewtopic.php?f=112&t=6992

With the SST activated I do not see my skins in the hangar.

The skin sharing tool does not appear to upload my skins

C:\Games\Rise\data\graphics\skins (individual aircraft folder name)

to:
C:\Games\Rise\data\graphics\skins\sst folder (individual aircraft folder name)

As established by my checking the folder with the SST running.

With the SST activated I do see in the:
C:\Games\Rise\data\graphics\skins\sst folder (individual aircraft folder name)

A bunch of other peoples planes preceeded by numbers such as 2, 7, 24, 37, 38, 64, 67, 68, 90, 116, 129 and so on…

In the game from the hanger I see other peoples skins listed preceeded by numerical values as in the folders. I can click on them but the aircraft in the picture and in the game still has the ROF default skin. It seems as if the skin is unselectable.

Is this enough information to establish a resolution to my dilemma?

Thank you,
Nova…

#71 von_Fuchs

von_Fuchs

Posted 31 January 2010 - 13:56

We know there are some problems with the current version of SST.
A new version is in work and will come as soon as possible. Please sorry for the inconvenience. :oops:

#72 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 31 January 2010 - 18:29

I couldnt get the old one to work so no worries.

#73 Nova...

Nova...

Posted 31 January 2010 - 18:32

Okay cool. Maybe the details that I wrote down might help out someone out if they have an issue later.

Nova…

#74 Ighten

Ighten

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:59

I have no idea who to use this thing, and its all in german, can anyone help??

Likewise..Im totally lost

Ignore me I worked out how it works.. A button appears in your start menu and its pretty self intuitive after that (and in english).. However Im unsure what happens then.. I can see all the paint schemes in my hanger but they dont seem to apply ina any mission

#75 taleks2

taleks2

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:09

What is the status of this tool now?

I'll be on vacations since 2nd August, thus I thought I may dedicate some time to develop tool for sharing/update local skins. Is there any need in it?

#76 =J99=Sizzlorr

=J99=Sizzlorr

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:39

Hi taleks i don't know what the status of this tool is but i will forward your question to our fieldengineer. Happy hollidays :)

yedwwtfx.gif

#77 taleks2

taleks2

Posted 27 July 2010 - 02:35

Hi taleks i don't know what the status of this tool is but i will forward your question to our fieldengineer. Happy hollidays :)

#78 longarth

longarth

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:19

Hello,

the SST is stopped for the moment. Every Update change something in the game. The problem is, that there no documentation to changes exist. The return is, i must programming with "Try and Fail". I have no time for this way for every new update.

greetings
Longarth

#79 taleks2

taleks2

Posted 29 July 2010 - 14:53

Thanks for info.
Then, I'll work a bit in this area.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users