Photo
- - - - -

Best ROF Video for Steam Contest

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Zak_1CGS

Zak_1CGS

Posted 11 June 2013 - 15:35

With the upcoming release of Rise of Flight on Steam, we are preparing to present the game to a new audience and new WWI virtual pilots. And who’s better to tell new potential pilots about the fun ROF offers than you our dear players and most dedicated flight simulation fans! Together we've been through a lot in the past four years and you've always been an essential part of the project. That's why we entrust you to make an introduction video for Rise of Flight: Channel Battles Edition on Steam. We have seen many great videos created by ROF players on YouTube and in past contests, but it's time for an updated video and we ask you to show us your best and write your name in the history of the game.

Here’s how it works:

1. Deadline - Submit an original ROF Steam Release Trailer by 11:59 PM PST on June 23, 2013. Please provide a link for download or a private YouTube link or other private viewing venue on the web. Send it to pr@1cgs.net with the subject 2013 ROF Steam Release Trailer. Keep you original movie file! We’ll need it!
2. Length - It must not be longer than 40 seconds. Not including the intro and ending bumpers. See below.
3. Format - Entry format must be .WMV or .MP4 and be less than 300mb in size.
4. Resolution - The final cut should be in 720P resolution (1080P is recommended) and 16:9 or 16:10 aspect ratio.
5. Music - We kindly ask you to use the soundtrack that can be downloaded from here: http://db.tt/TBqULhGy
Note: if you use Track 2, please, put this link into the video's description on YouTube: http://www.apmmusic.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.apmmusic.com
6. Sound Effects – Voice-overs are allowed, but must be appropriate, non-offensive language and in English. All other sound should be from the game itself.
7. Special Effects – All game-play action should be original in-game graphics with no post processing of your own applied unless applied as a scene transition or fade-in or fade-out effect.
8. Skins – Please only use stock skins found in the Official Skin Pack.
9. The text that we ask you to show on screen in the video is as follows. Please follow this order.
• The most realistic WWI air combat simulation ever!
• Get up close and personal in intense dogfight action…
• Multiplayer, Single Player, Campaigns and Career modes…
• Fighters, Bombers, Recon and Artillery Spotting…
• Do you have the courage and the skills to survive?
• Do you have what it takes to be called…ACE!
• Take off and find out!
12. All videos must include the following intro and ending video bumpers found here. http://rofmods.com/Videos/ROF_Video_Intro_Ending.zip
• The intro bumper includes the standard E 10+ ESRB visual and audio warning, the 1CGS and 777 Studios logos. Please place at the beginning of your video.
• The ending bumper includes the ROF logo, s link to the ROF website, a message about Steam and a legal notice. Please place at the end of your video.

Prizes:

1st Place - $1,000 USD + the winning video gets featured on the Rise of Flight Steam page! + Steam version of ROF
2nd Place - $500 + Steam version of ROF
3rd Place - $250 + Steam version of ROF

Honorable mention 1 – Steam version of ROF
Honorable mention 2 – Steam version of ROF
Honorable mention 3 – Steam version of ROF

Judges:

The judges will be the ROF Development Team members and Senior Management. The winners will be announced on June 25, 2013 on the Rise of Flight website.

Agreement:

By submitting your trailer you grant the Owners of Rise of Flight an irrevocable license to use your work in its entirety or in part for marketing purposes on www.riseofflight.com or any affiliated website or retail websites that sell ROF.

We can’t wait to see your videos!

The ROF Team wishes you Good Luck!

#2 Pip2

Pip2

Posted 11 June 2013 - 18:52

Excited!

#3 FVK

FVK

Posted 11 June 2013 - 19:19

Does this mean Il-2 Stalingrad will be released only on Steam if this sets a preceedent? It looks that way. Business decisions seem to come in two categories for me, the customer, these days: 1) bad, and 2) worse.

Sorry to piss on your parade, but this causes at least some concern. Excited about the new blood though.

#4 Gadfly21

Gadfly21

Posted 11 June 2013 - 19:21

Jason said not likely.

#5 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV USA

Posted 11 June 2013 - 19:24

Does this mean Il-2 Stalingrad will be released only on Steam if this sets a preceedent? It looks that way. Business decisions seem to come in two categories for me, the customer, these days: 1) bad, and 2) worse.

Sorry to piss on your parade, but this causes at least some concern. Excited about the new blood though.

Read my comments in the other thread please before trying to piss on us.

Jason

#6 ST_Agent86

ST_Agent86
  • LocationNorth Woods

Posted 11 June 2013 - 20:13

COOL, cant wait to see the videos :x :S!:

Sorry About That                                                           

#7 Spag

Spag
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 June 2013 - 21:10

Spag, walking under a large pee resistant umbrella, joins the exited throng of well wishers and is also carrying spares for anyone else who wants one.

Well done guys always happy to see RoF expanding its pilot base, and using members to help do so.

Cheers,
Spag. :)

Bite off more than you can chew.

Then chew like Hell ! ! !

#8 -bbob

-bbob

Posted 11 June 2013 - 22:08

will try to participate

#9 MarcoRossolini

MarcoRossolini
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 11 June 2013 - 22:11

Excellent Smithers…

#10 MarcoRossolini

MarcoRossolini
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 11 June 2013 - 22:53

Wait, so Sweetfx (or whatever it's called now) isn't allowed…?

#11 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 11 June 2013 - 23:05

No SweetFX or Mods please.

Jason

#12 =GM=GJL2

=GM=GJL2

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:23

very nice news!

#13 Hooves

Hooves

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:57

Man I might have to give this a go!!!!

#14 HippyDruid

HippyDruid

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:17

This is very good news indeed. Congratulations.

A question regarding the competition. Particularly in regards to point 9.

9. The text that we ask you to show on screen in the video is as follows. Please follow this order.
• The most realistic WWI air combat simulation ever!
• Get up close and personal in intense dogfight action…

I realise it would need to be easy to read and look nice of course, but do you have any particular font in mind?

#15 Dr.Zebra

Dr.Zebra

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:20

I would like to participate, but I guess my rig is technically not competative graphicswise. If anyone needs a stunt track for their entry though, I am willing to particpate ;=)

#16 Quax.

Quax.
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 June 2013 - 13:46

Sorry to piss on your parade, but this causes at least some concern.

It should be noted that the release of ROF:CBE on Steam will have no impact on the operation of ROF for existing non-Steam users. Also, Steam users will be able to fly with you in ROF multiplayer servers. We know that the existing ROF community will make new Steam users feel welcome!

How about learn to read before you piss ? ;)

#17 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 12 June 2013 - 13:50

About BOS, I don’t foresee it being a Steam only product. I hope to have the best of both worlds. ROF will be a good test.
Potential flight-simmers are everywhere, even on Steam. If any new users come to us from Steam let’s welcome them and make them feel at home.

#18 Quax.

Quax.
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 June 2013 - 13:59

Both worlds is good - Steam only would be a NoGo for me ;)

#19 89

Posted 12 June 2013 - 15:59

Is the text in OP the ONLY text that is allowed, or can we add to it?

#20 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:44

That's the only text allowed.

Jason

#21 SquawkHappy

SquawkHappy

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:26

Jason

What about in-game text from stock missions?

#22 M.H

M.H

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:40

Can we add our own music and sound other than the one mentioned ?

#23 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 13 June 2013 - 21:04

Jason

What about in-game text from stock missions?

Try to avoid subtitles.

Jason

#24 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 13 June 2013 - 21:05

Can we add our own music and sound other than the one mentioned ?

Please us the music we have provided.

Jason

#25 Murilo_Specht

Murilo_Specht

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:33

Gonna borrow my brother's monitor because mine can't render 1080p.

#26 M.H

M.H

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:54

Right
Will do
Meanwhile , I am very excited

#27 Tettric

Tettric

Posted 14 June 2013 - 20:19

Does the text you ask us to show on screen have to be quoted and absolutely as is or can it be altered slightly so that (whilst still retaining the same message) it can be more appropriate for what will be on screen with it?

#28 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 15 June 2013 - 19:33

Does the text you ask us to show on screen have to be quoted and absolutely as is or can it be altered slightly so that (whilst still retaining the same message) it can be more appropriate for what will be on screen with it?

I guess.

Jason

#29 PopoidAndroid

PopoidAndroid

Posted 18 June 2013 - 19:09

Are you sure that this music is really what is best? Maybe this is an odd opinion, but personally I would rather go for something that evokes peoples' nostalgia and romanticisation of the past, like a well-known classical piece or a flying corps drinking song.

#30 DeLaVega

DeLaVega

Posted 18 June 2013 - 19:56

My RoF video days are a while back and today I got the notice in the newsletter for the new video contest. I thought, it could be fun to take part in it again and browsed through your specifications. All seems to be reasonable, but so much text to include?
A trailer should convey a mood or atmosphere in my opinion and not make people read the whole time. But, in just 40 seconds, there won`t be many text-less impressions you get from the trailer. I guess it will feel like one endless tag line…
As I said, I only got the notice about the contest today, so I`m not even sure, if I could prepare something in the given time. But, as a RoF fan I have always been I just want to state my concern that it seems too much text for too little time. In my opinion viewers will be too busy reading than feeling the atmosphere and that`s a pity, given how many nice visuals the game has to offer.

#31 KiwiBandit

KiwiBandit

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:08

YES! I just submitted my entry. Took pretty much all day, but I'm very excited.

1/ Do we have to have our Youtube upload set to private / unlisted or can we make it public before the competition date is over?

2/ Can we enter more than one video?

#32 =GM=GJL2

=GM=GJL2

Posted 20 June 2013 - 14:40

Dear 777 ROF Team:

We from a loyal Rise of Flight fans =GM=(=Golden Mustng=) flying group and very happly to know that you are going to release ROF on steam, we are currently making the ROF contest video for you, but we encountered a problem during the video design and we need your help.

In your video making instruction you mentioned that the video need "a message about Steam and a legal notice". But we currently not sure about how to make the text about this and need your help. Thanks very much!

sincerely yours
ROF-Golden Mustang Flying Group

#33 J5_Mueller

J5_Mueller

Posted 20 June 2013 - 16:26

My youngest son took the lead in helping his brother and I produce our first video effort for the steam release trailer, cant wait to see the other entries, thanks to 777 for such a great game. :S!:

#34 KiwiBandit

KiwiBandit

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:30

Dear 777 ROF Team:

We from a loyal Rise of Flight fans =GM=(=Golden Mustng=) flying group and very happly to know that you are going to release ROF on steam, we are currently making the ROF contest video for you, but we encountered a problem during the video design and we need your help.

In your video making instruction you mentioned that the video need "a message about Steam and a legal notice". But we currently not sure about how to make the text about this and need your help. Thanks very much!

sincerely yours
ROF-Golden Mustang Flying Group

There is a link for the zip file in the instructions for the intro and ending credits

#35 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 21 June 2013 - 18:46

S!

This is really cool.

There is only one problem. There are a lot of talented people here. Many will enter. Only one will win.

I sure hope we get to see at least the top 10. I bet they will all be darn good!!!!

sig9.png

#36 BuddyWoof

BuddyWoof

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:45

Can't. wait to see these.

One minor grammatical correction in the OP I might suggest:

• Do you have what it takes to be called…ACE!

Should be

• Do you have what it takes to be called…ACE?

Cheers

#37 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 23 June 2013 - 18:05

Don't forget the video contest ends tonight at 11:59pm PST. Please make sure to get your entry in by then.

Thanks to all who have participated so far!

Jason

#38 Jason_Williams

Jason_Williams
  • Producer

Posted 23 June 2013 - 18:06

Buddy,

The grammatical error as you put it was on purpose. No one gets charged up over a question mark. :-)

Jason

#39 Murilo_Specht

Murilo_Specht

Posted 23 June 2013 - 19:14

Whew, sent mine, not easy to convert 18 minutes of recorded files into 40 seconds. Also had problems with my CPU overheating, had to stop making the video for almost an entire day to fix my CPU first. :P

#40 -Requiem-

-Requiem-

Posted 23 June 2013 - 19:59

Got mine in too, looking forward to seeing people's entries!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users