Photo
- - - - -

Rise of Flight: Channel Battles Edition coming soon to Steam

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#41 roketfiq

roketfiq

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:08

Gah, I wish existing accounts could be integrated into Steam in the same way Company of Heroes recently was. Id really love to play and own the Steam version because it would be far easier to download, store and reinstall. Would also make it easier to log hours played and have it as a true part of my collection. Theres been so many updates since I uninstalled the game (not in the flight sim mood) and now they all have to be downloaded when I install again. Oh well…congrats to you. Just wish I could use my existing account on a Steam version.

#42 Dutch_851

Dutch_851

Posted 19 June 2013 - 13:47

a special mission-set for the Channel Map specifically designed for the Steam version.

Please could someone advise how these missions will be made available to existing channel Map owners? Or are they available already? Thanks.

#43 non_unique_name_85

non_unique_name_85

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:52

I believe that the choice of the 777 to go on Steam, is to sell to more people who are interested in the game offline. As the multiplayer dui Rof not exist. Except for some wonderful event organized by groups, usually people present online never exceed 70 pilots.Thank to the Syndicate server that uses the channel map otherwise it would remain unusable. The world is for the multiplayer, Rof belongs to another time, we hope that the Bos may have more players online

#44 Dressedwings

Dressedwings
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:05

do we know when (if?) a pre-purchase page will be put up on steam?

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#45 Hawkman312

Hawkman312

Posted 25 June 2013 - 22:20

Will current owners get any updated content free of charge? Or will we have to pay for the extras?

#46 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:04

Will current owners get any updated content free of charge? Or will we have to pay for the extras?

The only extra content will be a set of single-player missions. These missions will eventually also be made available for free to non-Steam users, ie the rest of us.

#47 von_Semmel

von_Semmel
  • LocationGermany / Munich

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:35

When will the Steam-Game release?

#48 flieger77

flieger77

Posted 08 August 2013 - 15:55

Hi everybody,a few days ago i bought an AIRCO DH 2.But i can`t use the throttle function.The engine always runs approx 70 %.My Joystick is o.k.All the other planes are working perfectly.Greetings from Tiger

#49 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 08 August 2013 - 16:18

The DH2 does not have a throttle. You can control RPMs by adjusting mixture. You can also blip.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#50 opti76

opti76

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:24

First of all, i like steam but i know they will take their 30% from every purchase.
My idea is to use my steam account and to purchase keys from the RoF homepage.
I got the idea from the Egosoft-Guys so in the end i can use steam and the team will get all the money they deserve. ;)

Will it be possible?

#51 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 03 September 2013 - 13:29

Hi opti, you can already add ROF.EXE to Steam as a non-steam game, so you can start RoF from Steam and use the Steam overlay with it.

(hm for some reason this no longer works for me and I get a crash? damn)

#52 TheBlackPenguin

TheBlackPenguin

Posted 04 September 2013 - 14:44

This is out on the 5th of September:

Rise of Flight Channel Battles Edition

:S!:

#53 thedudeWG

thedudeWG

Posted 04 September 2013 - 15:09

TheBlackPenguin,
Thanks for sharing! I'm surprised they're ready(?) to release this. I would've thought we'd have the Fall and Winter maps, and a lot of the bugs (ships, friendly planes fighting for the enemy, pilots and squadrons without names, etc.) worked out beforehand. Hope it all goes well …

Edit: It's nice to see they included the best video promo to counteract the Guitar Hero dubstep version.

#54 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 04 September 2013 - 15:21

Let's hope some of the review websites and magazines are willing to take a second look at the title, perhaps even do a new review for the CBE edition, because that metacritic rating is based on some very old reviews..

#55 von_Semmel

von_Semmel
  • LocationGermany / Munich

Posted 04 September 2013 - 17:25

You could add other languages. At the moment only russian and english are indiceted.

#56 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 04 September 2013 - 18:57

Funny how page in Steam Store gives almost no hint if the game includes Western Front in addition to Channel Map (I was wondering if it's there at all; but it has Hat in the Ring and Du Doch Nicht campaigns). Who needs full length of the Front in WWI when we have the British Channel ;)?

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#57 Ice2

Ice2

Posted 04 September 2013 - 23:47

Good luck to you all tomorrow with the release on Steam. Looking forward to your comments and experiences.

#58 LouieD

LouieD

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:20

Oh, I wish I had seen this before I purchased the Steam version of Channel Battle Edition, and can't merge the content with my current account.

To make sure I understand, I'll have to play the channel stuff on one account attached to steam and play my other older account separately?

#59 captgeo

captgeo
  • LocationOntario,Canada

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:45

ok, I am new here through steam, if steam "drops" RoF will I still have an account??????

#60 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 12 September 2013 - 15:55

Hi captgeo, you can always run steam in 'off-line mode' and in this way you can still play all your games, including Rise of Flight.

LouieD: unfortunately this seems to be the case :(. To be sure, I would send an email to rof@777studios.net to see if they can help you.

#61 captgeo

captgeo
  • LocationOntario,Canada

Posted 12 September 2013 - 21:28

Hi captgeo, you can always run steam in 'off-line mode' and in this way you can still play all your games, including Rise of Flight.

LouieD: unfortunately this seems to be the case :(. To be sure, I would send an email to rof@777studios.net to see if they can help you.
I tried this today, no luck, game will not start.

I just hope if steam drops this game that I have not wasted my money and that there is a plan in place to make sure player's like me do not end up with no account

#62 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 12 September 2013 - 21:35

So what happens if you ignore Steam at all, just browse to your Rise of Flight directory, go to bin_game/release, and start rof.exe?

With Steam not running, that is.

#63 captgeo

captgeo
  • LocationOntario,Canada

Posted 17 September 2013 - 13:52

keeps conecting me to steam first, but I will keep trying, just figured out how to get too the root files,so I will let you know how this works out.

on a side note, I now can use skin pack's on my planes,so there is hope for me yet.

#64 rvc74

rvc74

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:27

Maybe a dumb question but I realize Channel Battles Edition is available on Steam but is it also going to be available through this web site and if so is there a release date yet?

#65 Baron_Azul

Baron_Azul

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:14

Hola : Estoy interesado en la versión completa del juego, pero, soy de Argentina. No funciona el sistema PAYPAL , no uso tarjetas de crédito.

Puedo depositar el dinero en una cuenta digital : Mega cuentas.

El tema es si ustedes trabajan o no con este sistema de Mega cuentas, ya que no consigo información .

#66 Baron_Azul

Baron_Azul

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:15

Hola : Estoy interesado en la versión completa del juego, pero, soy de Argentina. No funciona el sistema PAYPAL , no uso tarjetas de crédito.

Puedo depositar el dinero en una cuenta digital : Mega cuentas.

El tema es si ustedes trabajan o no con este sistema de Mega cuentas, ya que no consigo información .

#67 OLD_Wilson[MG]

OLD_Wilson[MG]

Posted 09 January 2014 - 16:59

I've had an account here for over four years now and I stopped playing only because the planes and add-ons are just too pricey to keep up with if you want to get them all.

What bothers me about the Steam version is that you can get every bit of content this game has to offer for only $189.93 USD (much less with a sale), and while I already own the Iron Cross ed. of the game and several planes (as well as a second copy of the game for our server), it would cost me twice as much to purchase the remaining planes, field mods, and weapon mods here through the RoF Store even with a sale going on. Since I don't feel particularly inclined to purchase the game, and many of the planes twice over (and waste my previous investment), I've decided to leave this game behind even though I've often wanted to come back to playing it many times now. It would be nice if your own store reflected the prices you're offering on Steam for many of your longtime supporters, like myself.

#68 Private_Parts

Private_Parts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 22:55

Would like to see a form of slew mode for missions, gets kind of long waiting for air combat sometimes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users