Photo
- - - - -

Service Maintenance: May 21th 2013, 10:30-14:00 UTC/GMT

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#41 10ps

10ps

Posted 22 May 2013 - 14:44

Guys, stop wasting your time with him. He has abandoned reason. :)

#42 ER_O_v._Kessler

ER_O_v._Kessler

Posted 22 May 2013 - 15:00

Hätte da noch n Restbestand an 10 kg Eimern Vaseline .Damit gehts einfacher.
Diese 777 Ar***kriecherei nimmt langsam ungeahnte Ausmaße an.

Spandau.. What else ?? :icon_mad:

#43 vonBuck

vonBuck

Posted 22 May 2013 - 16:17

Back to the main topic…….

It´s the 22nd already 18:00h in the evening and I´m still not able to get access to the online game!!!!!
Message is "#2 Bestätigung fehlgeschlagen" and "#1 keine Verbindung zum Server" :(

Is there still server maintenance?
Otherwise, what do I wrong?
Help needed. :shock:

Regards
Bauernopfer

#44 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 22 May 2013 - 18:58

If you did not yet, try switching your DNS server from default provided by ISP to Google servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) in your internet connection settings, it helps sometimes (the way how to do it is described in thread called DNS issues in announcements).

(Which mneans some problems are not with servers, but with game finding where in internet sever is. I wonder if simply hard-wiring the IP adress into game client (either adress of master server, or 777 server that knows where master server is) instead of looking it up via DNS would solve it.

DNS Issues. Cannot Login see ROF Website or Master Server

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#45 Lastjudge

Lastjudge

Posted 22 May 2013 - 22:46

This proves, Liberator was wrong (and surely not objective). Insults are on the list here, because every tragic figure can post in this forum. It's the bane of the internet.

#46 Dressedwings

Dressedwings
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 22 May 2013 - 22:57

Well this thread went downhill.

TOeIhAe.png

^CHECK THE LINK^

#47 vonBuck

vonBuck

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:01

If you did not yet, try switching your DNS server from default provided by ISP to Google servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) in your internet connection settings, it helps sometimes (the way how to do it is described in thread called DNS issues in announcements).

(Which mneans some problems are not with servers, but with game finding where in internet sever is. I wonder if simply hard-wiring the IP adress into game client (either adress of master server, or 777 server that knows where master server is) instead of looking it up via DNS would solve it.

Thanks…
I have to try it.
I will let you know, if it works for me!!

Regards
Bauernopfer

#48 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:41

Thanks…
I have to try it.

Regards
Bauernopfer

It's very weird for me because switching to Google DNS does not eliminate the problem, but switching between Google and default DNS does - sometimes I start the computer with Google DNS set and game fails to connect until i switch to ISP default server, sometimes it's other way around. Is if game went "I'm bored with this DNS, I want another one".

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#49 langers1066

langers1066

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:10

Switching between google and default DNS didn't help in my case. Stats still not saved after mission. Thanks anyway! Looks like this problem may hit my weekend plans!

#50 DennisStoehr

DennisStoehr

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:43

I have been having this issue as I suspect we all have for many days now, the 'google DNS fix' had no effect for me either.

#51 Feathered_IV

Feathered_IV

Posted 23 May 2013 - 13:38

Still getting the disconnected icon appearing when I'm in Career. No mission results are recorded, no player deaths are recognized either. Is this a known issue?

#52 Winston60

Winston60
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 23 May 2013 - 18:25

We're also getting blank scoreboard in multiplayer. I believe this is closely related to no stats being saved in single player.

#53 vonBuck

vonBuck

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:51

Thanks…
I have to try it.

Regards
Bauernopfer

It's very weird for me because switching to Google DNS does not eliminate the problem, but switching between Google and default DNS does - sometimes I start the computer with Google DNS set and game fails to connect until i switch to ISP default server, sometimes it's other way around. Is if game went "I'm bored with this DNS, I want another one".

All your possibilities didn´t work for me!
But at the end I got it fixed.
My solution was… doing a recovery of the game 2x!!!
After the second recovery all my settings were gone, but I was at least able to log in again. :D

Fixing the settings (especially the graphic setting) took me 1 hour. But it was worth it!

Thanks agains, :S!: and that is perhabs a solution for others with my problem…
Recover the game several times.

Regards

#54 DennisStoehr

DennisStoehr

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:38

I have recovered three times, I can log in online but no stats are saved in any of my careers, anyone have a suggestion?

#55 langers1066

langers1066

Posted 25 May 2013 - 13:15

I'm pretty sure this is a server issue, so out of our hands. Only thing you can do is hassle for a fix or at least some official announcements regarding this. It has been almost a week now since I have been unable to play my career. I've only been flying 2 weeks and feel a bit miffed at sinking money into ROF and not being able to use it as sold to me. It is a great sim, I just wish they wouldn't have it so reliant on internet connection for single player, especially as others have mentioned that this happens regularly. Oh well, have to do something else with my weekend!

#56 A.Challenge

A.Challenge
  • LocationAustin, Tx

Posted 25 May 2013 - 20:17

You could use PWCG. It still works fine. You just don't get to hang your pretty medals in the hanger window.

campribV.png

#57 Lurker485

Lurker485

Posted 25 May 2013 - 21:11

For over a week now my campaign game works occasionally. I've tried the settings changes, no, luck it seems to work when it wants. This leads me to believe the the problem is with the server and not on my end. My question is what can I hope for?

Thanks

#58 puffalott

puffalott

Posted 25 May 2013 - 21:31

this game is dead its over hang it up and move on

#59 BF2aj

BF2aj

Posted 25 May 2013 - 23:18

Is 777 ever going to fix the career mode disconnect issue. (it seems like almost everyone is experiencing it)

#60 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:58

Is 777 ever going to fix the career mode disconnect issue. (it seems like almost everyone is experiencing it)

Of course, they're going to get this fixed. They've had these kinds of problems before, and they've gotten them fixed (unfortunately, not permanently - they do still seem to crop up every so often). I just hope it's soon enough to keep too many people from being scared off by all the gloom and doom stuff that gets posted whenever we hit one of these rough spots.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 65.jpg

#61 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:47

this game is dead for me its over hang it up and move on

Fixed

#62 Winston60

Winston60
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:09

NOT fixed! This multiplayer problem remains. Look! No player names! No player stats!

#63 ER_O_v._Kessler

ER_O_v._Kessler

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:20

Yesterday 3 times ER*Server connection lost to masterserver

Spandau.. What else ?? :icon_mad:

#64 Seraphiel

Seraphiel
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:26

NOT fixed! This multiplayer problem remains. Look! No player names! No player stats!

The same issues are still there for me too in single player career mode as of 5 minutes ago. Intermittent loss of server connection during mission, no data listed/saved during or upon completion of the mission.

#65 Winston60

Winston60
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 27 May 2013 - 17:16

It's now been 6 days since the "server maintenance" that broke the single player stats, multiplayer score board and introduced disconnects, timeouts and other connection problems.

With the 777 devs strangely absent here and not commenting or fixing these issues it makes me wonder what's going on here. Have they walked away from this sim? or just taken an unannounced vacation? I hope they are not counting on me or my squadron to purchase anything during this "sale". I/we have a policy of not buying broken things.

So what's it going to be 777? Will you comment on the broken state of this sim and give us a time frame on when you can have it fixed?

#66 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 27 May 2013 - 17:19

They are still working on it, but can't narrow down the problem.. as soon as jason has any concrete info he will let us know..

#67 Winston60

Winston60
  • LocationSo Cal

Posted 27 May 2013 - 17:32

OK, I see Jason's post in another topic from 3 hours ago. That's reassuring that they haven't all gone away on this project but the "I don't know what's wrong" message from him after 6 days with a broken game doesn't instill any confidence that they can fix this soon.

With a problem like this and an unknown estimate on the time when it can be fixed, I'd hope they could roll back the game version and return to us a functioning sim again until the problem can be found and repaired?

#68 hq_Jorri

hq_Jorri

Posted 27 May 2013 - 22:29

The problem is that RoF depends too much on this server. Sure, this would be great if the server ran without problems. It doesn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users