Service Maintenance: May 21th 2013, 10:30-14:00 UTC/GMT

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 =FB=TL

=FB=TL
  • Developer

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:17

Dear Customers!
We should inform you, that "Rise of Flight" Master Server will be offline for maintenance works from 10:30 till 14:00 UTC/GMT in 21th May 2013.

#2 theMoxy

theMoxy

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:31

i've had that little 'disconnected' icon on my screen for the past 36hrs now… is that right?

#3 E.Bukin

E.Bukin

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:35

One more day of maintenance and they will write: ROF project is finished thank you for paying us money, but I already bought island near Florida, Best regards Jason;-))))))))))))))))))

#4 ER_O_v._Kessler

ER_O_v._Kessler

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:58

One more day of maintenance and they will write: ROF project is finished thank you for paying us money, but I already bought island near Florida, Best regards Jason;-))))))))))))))))))
Without Words :shock: :o :roll: :lol: :lol:

Spandau.. What else ?? :icon_mad:

#5 Tiger27

Tiger27

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:46

Aren't all these niche game developers living the good life in the Bahamas with all the huge dollars they make from these sims, cant see why Jason would be any different surely a WW1 flight sim is like a license to print money :P :lol: :S!:

#6 Lastjudge

Lastjudge

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:44

It would be nice, to see some more new planes soon. The progress of the game is very disappointing.

#7 Pierre2

Pierre2
  • LocationAdelaide

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:54

It would be nice, to see some more new planes soon. The progress of the game is very disappointing.

Fair go, it wasn't that long ago that we got 3 new planes.

#8 langers1066

langers1066

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:04

I wouldn't mind if I was using multiplayer features, yet this is the third day the single player has failed to work because of a server problem. Great sim I just hope I can use it soon!

#9 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:07

You are joking aren't you?

We have just had 3 aeroplanes… We know we are getting a further two planes at some stage this year, so we aren't exactly in denial on the planes front are we!

#10 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:08

I wouldn't mind if I was using multiplayer features, yet this is the third day the single player has failed to work because of a server problem. Great sim I just hope I can use it soon!

You do know that you can use PWCG?
It works regardless of online or offline mode!

#11 Hellbender

Hellbender
  • LocationMadrid, Spain (originally Brussels, Belgium)

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:11

So much frustration in this thread.

J5_Hellbender

#12 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:15

lol.. the joys of having your game rely on someone else's server. ;)

#13 J99_Panzer

J99_Panzer

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:21

Too much money for too much frustration. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

#14 Lastjudge

Lastjudge

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:22

We have just had 3 aeroplanes… We know we are getting a further two planes at some stage this year, so we aren't exactly in denial on the planes front are we!

Please count the planes, we got in 2011 and 2012 and you can see, there is no joke.

How many further planes do you expect in 2013?

2 more ? Wowww !!! What a big number! :lol:

#15 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:35

Even if we get just the other two, that will be five in a 12 month period, if you average it out, that's an aeroplane every 2.4 months!
Just how long do you think it takes to produce these highly detailed and complex models?

#16 Hellbender

Hellbender

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:44

You're right, we don't have to stand for this!

Let's all go play another WWI multiplayer flightsim instead, the market's flooded with them.

I apologise, I seldom resort to irony, but you guys are unreasonable.

If it makes you any happier, we can all sit together and compare lists about things we want 777 to fix/add/improve. FMs, planes, master server issues, you name it.

We all have the same frustrations, just learn to deal with them or move on. I can't believe how upset you're getting over this after so many years.

P.S. Thanks 777 for taking urgent action to fix the master server issues.

J5_Hellbender

#17 Lastjudge

Lastjudge

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:59

It's no crime, to tell his opinion. So there is no need to be told "accept it or leave it".

This argumentation is quite intolerant, so it does not bother me at all.

Have an nice day!

#18 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 21 May 2013 - 13:01

It's frustrating HB, but it's not a game breaker.. plus, as stated people can play PWCG and run their careers in Pats campaign generator, (that's what I do when these things happen)
Yes, it's a pain when the server acts up, but there are alternatives if people are willing to open their eyes and look!

#19 Finkeren

Finkeren

Posted 21 May 2013 - 13:03

Please count the planes, we got in 2011 and 2012 and you can see, there is no joke.

How many further planes do you expect in 2013?

2 more ? Wowww !!! What a big number! :lol:

Has plane releases slowede down since the early days of RoF? Absolutely! But keep in mind, that the original developers launched the sim with only 4 flyables. Rapid expansion of the plane set was urgently needed. The last 2 years since the launch of the beta career, focus has been more on refining some of the less polished aspects of the game and less on expanding the plane set.

Recently the pace in development of new planes has pickeed up again, but honestly don't expect it to continue at that pace. RoF is nearly 4 years old now, it's rare to see developers still heavily invested in a game so long after its release. It's only natural that development is winding down as the devs start working on other projects.

As much as we would all love to see development of RoF continue in highest gear, and most of us would gladly buy every single plane, the devs would throw at us, we have to face the reality, that RoF isn't going to be expanded forever. The devs aren't done yet, but it's propably winding down, and no amount of petty whining is gonna change that.

#20 B24_LIBERATOR

B24_LIBERATOR
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 21 May 2013 - 13:42

21th?

Liberator's Tutorials: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=438268482

#21 theMoxy

theMoxy

Posted 21 May 2013 - 14:16

Has plane releases slowede down since the early days of RoF? Absolutely! But keep in mind, that the original developers launched the sim with only 4 flyables. Rapid expansion of the plane set was urgently needed. The last 2 years since the launch of the beta career, focus has been more on refining some of the less polished aspects of the game and less on expanding the plane set.

Recently the pace in development of new planes has pickeed up again, but honestly don't expect it to continue at that pace. RoF is nearly 4 years old now, it's rare to see developers still heavily invested in a game so long after its release. It's only natural that development is winding down as the devs start working on other projects.

As much as we would all love to see development of RoF continue in highest gear, and most of us would gladly buy every single plane, the devs would throw at us, we have to face the reality, that RoF isn't going to be expanded forever. The devs aren't done yet, but it's propably winding down, and no amount of petty whining is gonna change that.

…Omg! please don't say that:(

I've put $300 and all my childhood Snoopy vs. Redbaron dreams into this sim, and i'm blown away by it every day… Yes, i realize it's a low-demand simulation, and YES, i realize i will have to pay way more for it than some simulation with 5,000,000 customers…but it IS kind of the only one of it's breed (aside from OFF of course, with physics compromises i understand), so i'm still hoping for it's growth - I didn't bother buying into it until the campaign s.p. mode was introduced, and im sure im not the only one out there…

I still dream of a few career mode additions to really ramp up the immersion of it all…lots of stuff that our beloved Pat Wilson has put into his PWCG and even more, which can only be done from 777's side (i'm assuming).

I still believe that RoF is and will continue to grow - as much as I dream of the career mode additions which would make it soooo amazing for so many future customers.

#22 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 21 May 2013 - 14:28

It's frustrating HB, but it's not a game breaker.. plus, as stated people can play PWCG and run their careers in Pats campaign generator, (that's what I do when these things happen)
Yes, it's a pain when the server acts up, but there are alternatives if people are willing to open their eyes and look!

You know, a (false) legend says Marie Antoinette was eventually guillotined because once, when informed that her subjects can't connect to master server, she answered with "Let them play PWCG!" :lol: .

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#23 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 21 May 2013 - 14:33

I defy anyone to come and have a go at getting me to that guillotine!! :mrgreen:

People can whinge as much as they like, but if the server is down, whinging won't fix things for them.. if they need a career fix and want to stay in the action (offline of course) there is an alternative to maintain the fun!

#24 Hellbender

Hellbender

Posted 21 May 2013 - 14:34

Yeah, I was being ironic.

I do think it's a shame, though. To me having instable multiplayer is gamebreaking, as I only fly multiplayer and RoF is, in my eyes, a multiplayer game at its core.

The manner in which some are reacting in this thread, proves to me that many people still have bottled up frustrations and need very little to begin venting.

Are they wrong to have these frustrations? I will not be the judge of that.

Are they wrong to bring up these frustrations here? Yes, absolutely.

J5_Hellbender

#25 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 21 May 2013 - 15:36

True and not true, Trooper. At least some master server problems seem to be related to DNS, or server reachability, or other failure bu third party between server and clients, rather than server itself being down. Which means devs themselves may not be aware there is a problem or how persistent it is unless given enough feedback; the fact that feedback often comes wrapped up in whinging seems unavoidable. *If* the problem is caused by third party it won't go away because we pretend it isn't there, and mods won't even know how widespread it is without people whining about it. Level of customer frustration is measure of problem's size here, perhaps letting them know if they need to change game architecture into something more independent to third party errors. In meantime, we have to read through the feedback, such as it is. No, I take no pleasure in it, either :) .

As of careers, part of their appeal is their continuity and immersion. Starting another off-line career on the side is a way to get some flying hours, surely beats practicing landing with N.17 over and over, but does not help advancing this one campaign we feel like advancing today. PWCG lets us fly, but it does not solve the problem of our pilots staying where they were.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#26 theMoxy

theMoxy

Posted 21 May 2013 - 15:42

You know, a (false) legend says Marie Antoinette was eventually guillotined because once, when informed that her subjects can't connect to master server, she answered with "Let them play PWCG!" :lol: .

…And to think that my mother had once told me that it was due to her having three breasts! I suspect i shall always hold you in high regard for this curious comment
;)

#27 SYN_Mike77

SYN_Mike77

Posted 21 May 2013 - 15:47

So, is the maintenance over?

#28 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 21 May 2013 - 16:42

I can log in ok now… so it must be

#29 langers1066

langers1066

Posted 21 May 2013 - 17:14

Would love to know if the glitch with saving missions has been solved now that the maintenance is over. Anyone?

#30 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 21 May 2013 - 17:15

Yes

#31 AceFlace

AceFlace

Posted 21 May 2013 - 17:44

ER*Lastjudge
You are a joke sir, you come here and complain that there are not enough planes. Listen buddy these guys work their asses off for you, to bring you content to use, we have had weapon mods, personal packs, new maps and campaigns. But oh no when a plane isnt released you get butt hurt. What do you want to do start adding a bunch of planes that never saw combat? They use the most used plane for development, so there isnt going to be 200 airplanes. Get used to it. Thanks for all your work Jason!

#32 Badgerbrown

Badgerbrown

Posted 21 May 2013 - 19:24

I, for one, am d@mn happy with the sim Jason and his team have put together.

Is it perfect? No. But they keep having these things called 'updates' - and I like that.

They also have these things called 'options' - I can purchase what ever upgrades I want, when I want.

Try getting THOSE at any other software manufacturer.

#33 J5_Spyboy

J5_Spyboy

Posted 21 May 2013 - 19:40

Look at IRFC Hellbenders live stream and see proper MPgameplay that illustrates
A) The skill of the pilots
B) The awesomeness of the software that creates such an experience for all who approach it in the recocognition that it evolves and improves because of the commitment of the developers and the paying pilots who sustain it.
Stop whining

#34 Lastjudge

Lastjudge

Posted 21 May 2013 - 19:51

ER*Lastjudge
You are a joke sir, you come here and complain that there are not enough planes. Listen buddy these guys work their asses off for you, to bring you content to use, we have had weapon mods, personal packs, new maps and campaigns. But oh no when a plane isnt released you get butt hurt. What do you want to do start adding a bunch of planes that never saw combat? They use the most used plane for development, so there isnt going to be 200 airplanes. Get used to it. Thanks for all your work Jason!

Me a joke and you not, writing all this rubbish ? Very funny!

There are always some planes missing, take a look in your books (if you have some). I bought a lot of the gimmicks, you have mentioned, mainly to support 777, though I think, nobody really needs them.

If you criticize something of the game, it doesn't take much time and someone like you comes along, trying to suppress the otherone's opinion in a ridiculous manner and praising 777, that you have to think, this community is something like a sect.

I am sorry, but I really can't take you serious, furthermore your diction is quite impolite. Maybe, behaviour is, as far as you are concerned, a question of luck.

#35 B24_LIBERATOR

B24_LIBERATOR
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 21 May 2013 - 20:25

I am sorry, but I really can't take you serious, furthermore your diction is quite impolite. Maybe, behaviour is, as far as you are concerned, a question of luck.

Although I more or less agree with you on the subject, I believe your the one coming off as rude. Their certain ways to voice an opinion… sarcasm and insults aren't on that list.

Liberator's Tutorials: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=438268482

#36 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 21 May 2013 - 20:30

ER*Lastjudge, we'd all like to see more planes. If you know of any other WW1 flight sim devs that are currently producing more planes, please let me know.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#37 Lastjudge

Lastjudge

Posted 21 May 2013 - 20:46

No idea, Sir Locksley!

But when I say, I'm disappointed, it doesn't mean, it's anyone's fault.

Greetings to Sherwood !

#38 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 21 May 2013 - 20:53

Well, there is someone at fault. 777 has shifted priorities to a new WW2 game. Most likely because they want to keep the company alive.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#39 Lastjudge

Lastjudge

Posted 21 May 2013 - 21:03

That's a main reason, yes.

What a pity, we have to wait for the Siemens-Schuckert, Fokker D.VI, Pfalz D.VIII and other planes.

Okay, I have to go to bed, it's 11 o'clock p.m. here in Germany.

Have a nice time!

#40 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 21 May 2013 - 23:30

What a pity, we have to wait for the Siemens-Schuckert, Fokker D.VI, Pfalz D.VIII and other planes.

Planes that are hardly a priority for a good gaming experience. Yip-de-do-da-day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users