Photo
- - - - -

Version 14.0 Test Version 6 Released

• Please log in to reply
346 replies to this topic

#41 Rover_27

Rover_27

Posted 27 May 2013 - 18:50

I am using JGSME because - at some point in the future - these skins will be part of a historical skin pack and I want to avoid dupes in case the naming convention changes.

Does this mean that PWCG will stop detecting these skins after I change them to official pack with different names? This is not good at all. Maybe we should keep them all despite making dupes with different names. Then again - why use jsgme?

#42 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 27 May 2013 - 19:52

I gather the names were all coordinated between Pat and Panther so I don't expect any later changes with different names. But I'm just guessing ;)

#43 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 27 May 2013 - 20:08

I gather the names were all coordinated between Pat and Panther so I don't expect any later changes with different names. But I'm just guessing ;)

That's certainly the goal/intention. Pat and his team have turned out so many skins so fast that I haven't had a chance to check and process them all yet, so I can't say for sure that none of the names will have to change, but the intention is not to change any unless absolutely necessary.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#44 vschoell

vschoell

Posted 27 May 2013 - 20:50

Hello Pat,

can you please give me an advice in which directory i have to install your Skins ?

thanks vschoell

#45 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 27 May 2013 - 22:13

RoF/data/graphics/skins/(name of plane)

Same place all your other skins go.

Hope that helps.

#46 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 27 May 2013 - 22:33

Does this mean that PWCG will stop detecting these skins after I change them to official pack with different names? This is not good at all. Maybe we should keep them all despite making dupes with different names. Then again - why use jsgme?

So probably not and there is really no good reason to use JGSME except ease of organization and PARANOIA ;)

#47 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 28 May 2013 - 15:09

fubarniner has pointed out that my directory structure is wrong. It is currently PWCGSkins\data\skins\<airplane> and it needs to be PWCGSkins\data\graphics\skins\<airplane>

1. If you are manually dropping skins into directories this does not affect you.
2. If you are using JGSME you can easily correct the folder structure by adding a "graphics" directory between "data" and "skins".

About name changes and future compatibility:
I have been working to use acceptable names. I cannot guarantee that the names will not change. The names on the skins from my site will always match those expected by PWCG. If the names did change in the historical pack then you would have the same skin with two different names. Hopefully there are no name changes at all.

PWCG picks up any files in the data\graphics\skins directory structure that match the skins specified in the PWCG data files. It's that simple - what's listed in the data files has to be in data\graphics\skins.

#48 jeanba4

jeanba4

Posted 31 May 2013 - 17:24

Hello

This version is very nice, and I really enjoy it but may I have some requests :
1 Put all missions from the same campaign in a single directory

2 Possibility to "attach" the configuration options to a given campaign for a lot of reasons so that each campaign has its configuration file.
The main one is that for 2-seaters, you have bomber squadrons and recon squadrons. I would like to play both : for instance a campaign (typically, sq Br111) wher I have mostly bombing missions with some recon, and another (say Br213) where I have mostly recon and very few bombing.
On the long run, we could attach configuration files and especially mission spacing and mission type to each units.
Same for aircraft numbers as the number of aircrfat in the air tended to increase with the war.

3 Last, "mission spacing" should span for the whole war, because for instance with time, pilots flew more and more frequently. And here gain this depended on specific units.

4 If one of my pilot is killed, I'd like to play the "replacement pilot" : that is to say that I continue the campaign (date, other squadron pilots) except that I must recreate a new pilot that is replacing the former one.

Also, maybe you can in some case fill a unit with part or all of its historical pilots upon campaign creation ?

I am already doing 1 and 4 with a text editor and "copy past"

Those are just suggestions.

#49 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 02 June 2013 - 22:25

1. Not sure what you mean by this. Mission files have to go to the RoF mission directory.

2. Agree. Not trivial to do, but I think that it is worth doing.

3. Agree. Thought I already had something in place to make missions more frequent as the war progresses, but will have to make sure.

4. I have seen others make the same request. It's not that I am against it as much as it is a significant amount of work to reset a campaign without otherwise changing the campaign.

#50 jeanba4

jeanba4

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:53

Hello

Thank's for reading me.
Happy to see that you are open to my suggestions.

For 1 :
Instead of being written in "missions" => lot of missins => ater some while, lot of pwcg mission there : create under mission a directory names "mypilot" or "mypilot_pwcg" and write the mission there (which I ma doing by hand in my mission directory : once a mission is flown, I "archive it" under such a directory.

For 4 :
What I am doing for the moment is that I create a new campaign at the time of death of my pilot and same unit (obviously)
then I copy and change the names of the main files, and add the "new pilot" to the .campaign file.

1. Not sure what you mean by this. Mission files have to go to the RoF mission directory.

2. Agree. Not trivial to do, but I think that it is worth doing.

3. Agree. Thought I already had something in place to make missions more frequent as the war progresses, but will have to make sure.

4. I have seen others make the same request. It's not that I am against it as much as it is a significant amount of work to reset a campaign without otherwise changing the campaign.

#51 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 03 June 2013 - 16:32

#1 is news to me - if a mission is in a subdirectory under "Rise of Flight\data\missions" - i.e. "Rise of Flight\data\missions\My Pilot" - then the Rise of Flight game picks it up and displays it as a flyable mission?

#52 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:07

13.9 released. See original post for details.

#53 AnKor85

AnKor85

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:39

#1 is news to me - if a mission is in a subdirectory under "Rise of Flight\data\missions" - i.e. "Rise of Flight\data\missions\My Pilot" - then the Rise of Flight game picks it up and displays it as a flyable mission?
Absolutely :)
I always wondered why you don't put missions into a pilot specific subfolder which seemed like a natural choice.
And most likely my PWCG GUI mod will also pick such missions without a problem.

#54 theMoxy

theMoxy

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:10

Thanks mate, did you also made some corrections on the claims of the aces!! Bit to high, Manfred and Guynemer both had more then 100 according to your PW-CG !!

…From the few sources i've encountered, Manfred's claims were, or should've been around 115, Fonk had claimed somewhere in the high 160's i believe(?), and Guynemer was similar to Manfred's - so I think it's about right. Yes, i'm aware that there's another school that claims the reverse, but I really kind of doubt it - I suspect that once a pilot got genuinely REALLY good up there, they were just murdering their opposition - often very very inexperienced and terrified enemy pilots. wrong thread though ;) sorry

#55 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 05 June 2013 - 15:52

More skins
CDL to PC10 transition for DH2, Pup, Triplane

FYI Pat - don't see those files on the skins page.

…and thanks again fro the new version !

#56 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 05 June 2013 - 16:20

More skins
CDL to PC10 transition for DH2, Pup, Triplane

FYI Pat - don't see those files on the skins page.

…and thanks again fro the new version !

+1 Didn't see them…

Thanks for the update!

:S!:

#57 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 05 June 2013 - 16:34

Refresh (F5) the skins page. There are two Breguet and one N17 files to download, at the end of the middle (French) column.

Just read your post more carefully - the CDL to PC10 transition uses existing skins, so it is just data updates and not new skins.

#58 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 05 June 2013 - 17:27

Refresh (F5) the skins page. There are two Breguet and one N17 files to download, at the end of the middle (French) column.

Just read your post more carefully - the CDL to PC10 transition uses existing skins, so it is just data updates and not new skins.

Got it. Thanks.

#59 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 05 June 2013 - 17:42

Yes, it does say transition (although the term isn't explained).

But immediately above that it says: More Skins.

It was confusing to me, too. Maybe you need an editor?

No big deal, just not clear. Grabbed the Breggie and Noop skins.

Thanks again!

#60 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 05 June 2013 - 17:58

Yes, it does say transition (although the term isn't explained).

But immediately above that it says: More Skins.

It was confusing to me, too. Maybe you need an editor?

No big deal, just not clear. Grabbed the Breggie and Noop skins.

Thanks again!

There's a reason why I am a software developer and not … any number of other things :)

#61 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 05 June 2013 - 19:47

LOL, you are light years ahead of a caveman such as myself. In college, I learned to write on a manual typewriter and edit with a pencil (remember those?), use a Graphflex camera (the kind with sheet film), run a Linotype machine, read teletype punch tape, operate a flat bed press, use a California Job Case to sort lead type. :o

I'm totally obsolete in a digital world. :S!:

#62 Trooper117

Trooper117

Posted 05 June 2013 - 19:48

Ah, but you can flippin spell!

#63 HotTom

HotTom

Posted 05 June 2013 - 19:52

Ah, but you can flippin spell!

Editors are much like sergeants. On a newspaper, you don't make the same mistake twice. :mrgreen:

#64 Razneff

Razneff

Posted 12 June 2013 - 14:56

Actually flying on september 1916 with Jasta 5, I had a look to the intell room and was surprised to see the 12nd frensh squad was already flying the Spad VII 180hp. So I went to RoFcampaign\Data\Input\SquadronInfo.RoFCampaign, looked for the squad, and found this:
Plane
{
Id = 101022;
StartDate = 02/06/1916;
EndDate= 01/05/1918;

I've changed to StartDate = 02/06/1917;
and apparenly, if I believe the intell room now, they're only flying the Nieuport 11 as I think they should. M'I right?

#65 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:33

Thanks Razneff. Your fix seems reasonable. I will make sure that gets fixed in the next version.

#66 Razneff

Razneff

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:36

*proud* My pleasure, Pat! And if I see some more problems like this in the future (so much squadrons available in your program… I'll discover it by chance), I'll post it. Thank again (and again) for ur work.

#67 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 21 June 2013 - 14:53

Any feedback on artillery spotting?

#68 SYN_Adamfp3

SYN_Adamfp3

Posted 21 June 2013 - 17:33

I tried a spotting mission this week Pat and seemed to work fine. Except that I struggled to find the altitude to begin with but this was because I didn't read the brief like a fool. I had a difficult time trying to figure out where the artillery was landing but once again this was probably because I didn't know what I was targeting. But yes everything seemed to work fine I got the icon and map that comes up when you are over the target and the game was telling me rounds where landing. I just didn't see any of them :P

#69 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 21 June 2013 - 18:02

I made the altitudes quite low and greatly increased the number of ground units in the target area. But yes, if you come in high you will never see them. Given random placement it is also possible to get lots of units in the trees. Not unrealistic IMHO so I leave it that way. Shoot the trees until something burns :).

#70 Joker_BR

Joker_BR

Posted 21 June 2013 - 21:51

Hi Pat.
Last time I flew (a month ago) I tried 10.9 and the first mission was an arty spot. When I got to the local (over NML), there were several trucks scattered down there (exactly like the briefing instructed) but the icon or map didn't show. I fled above them in several directions, high and low, but nothing. Then I just strafed some of them and got back to base.
Will try another one to see if it's a pattern, if so, I'll submit the mission files so you can check it out.
Cheers.

#71 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:49

Has anything changed with AAA? I remember some really heavy Archie in one of the earlier versions. Don't remember which one,propably a pre 13.x Version. Just did a few Missions with 13.9 and there wasn't any Flak fire at all. Though there still are many dangerous MG's when flying down low.

I looked through the Advanced settings already,but didn't find anything.I haven't ever changed anything in there,except the Players wounded/dead options. "Ground Unit density" set to medium in the Simple config. The date is mid 1917 if that matters. I have the "No ambient Flak" mod enabled,though I tried it without the mod but the only bursts I saw where obviously the ambient flak.

Edit: Just noticed that the MG's are labeled as "HotchkissAAA". I'm not sure about this,but wheren't the MG's labeled as "LMG AAA" or something like this,while the HotchkissAAA where the Flak canons?

Dann gibt's Heulen und Zähne klammern, für das ganze Lumpenpack.
Dann ist Schluss mit "Tischlein deck' dich", da gibt's "Knüppel aus dem Sack"!

#72 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 22 June 2013 - 18:39

I have only flown the arty spot mission with auto pilot on. Never had an issue with the icon. You do have to hit the WP to get the icon. Might have restrictions too tight on triggering that WP for folks who do not use auto pilot.

No intentional changes to the front flak. Should be a mix of MG and Arty AAA, with MGs dominating. I can look at it.

#73 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 22 June 2013 - 18:58

Thanks Pat. There are a lot of MG's,as it should be and as it was in earlier versions. Though I have the impression there are less heavy Flak guns. I may be wrong and my memory doesn't serve me well on this but I had some really heavy Flakfire in an earlier version. It was really scary flying over enemy territory.

Dann gibt's Heulen und Zähne klammern, für das ganze Lumpenpack.
Dann ist Schluss mit "Tischlein deck' dich", da gibt's "Knüppel aus dem Sack"!

#74 33lima

33lima

Posted 24 June 2013 - 19:29

I have just started flying PWCG campaign missions and am enjoying the many features like the ability to lead regularly.

However, I too am experiencing what seems to be a total absence of any flak bursts. I have the dreadful ambient stuff turned off with the environmental flak removal mod, and am wondering if this is somehow conflicting with PWGC, to kill all flak. I have ground objects 'upped' from low to medium in PWCG config but makes no difference. I expect to get surprised by enemies from time to time but a bit of warning from friendly Archie fire would be nice. If more PWCG users aren't reporting it, maybe there's no connection but I thought I'd chalk up another user report, just in case.

#75 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 24 June 2013 - 19:47

Given proper settings (Ground Artillery Medium I think) the front should be populated with machine guns and artillery AAA. The main idea behind populating the front was to make going down low a dangerous thing. With that in mind there are more MGs than artillery, but artillery should be there.

Per Pirato's post I have to take a look to see if I have created a bug with the artillery AAA.

#76 Sigrun

Sigrun

Posted 25 June 2013 - 17:04

I'm using PWCG and the ambient-flak-off mod and see plenty of flak when other planes are being shot at.

#77 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 25 June 2013 - 18:39

Sorry but what is flak mod doing then exactly. Read somewhere it disables the flak around other planes far away.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#78 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 25 June 2013 - 19:27

"Ambient Flak" is what it disables. Ambient flak is just scenery - mood setting. The real stuff (that can kill you) comes from guns placed in the mission.

#79 33lima

33lima

Posted 25 June 2013 - 20:53

No sooner do I post 'boo hoo, no flak' than it's back. No settings changed, just flew a new PwCG mission with 95th Aero and saw Archie spring into action, helping warn me of an air fight developing behind me as we approached the Lines. Textbook stuff.

Too soon to say if he's just been shamed into putting in an appearance and is now off to have a good lie down again. But it's a start.

#80 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 25 June 2013 - 21:18

Flak will appear at the front. If you are behind the lines it is pretty random as to whether it will be there or not. It tends to be closer to airfields. Mission limits restrict how many guns can be in one mission.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users